Superman vs Thor (movie versions)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many alts in this thread lol.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@mcdavid said:

So many alts in this thread lol.

Whats an alts? Just curious

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Loki also has abilities no other frost giant has displayed. He doesn't display any frost giant abilities, and as I stated before, he's tanked attacks that have killed other frost giants. Hes not just some frost giant.

Again, there was a clear increase in his abilities as the movie progresses. He tanks far greater damage later on. It's the same way as his flight and speed developed as the movie went on, he tested them.

He was downed once early in the movie, before developing his powers. He was hit again with what was akin to a sucker punch, and after that took more and more damage without being knocked out. Clark consistently takes greater feats throughout the movie. If anything its the early knockouts that are inconsistent or PIS. There's a clear message that as he tested his limits, he grew stronger. That was the correlation of his abilities and when they grew. A blast from a kryptonian weapon didnt make Clark bleed. I'm not sure what robot your talking about, but if it's Namek, he never made Clark bleed. Namek is a kryptonian, not a robot. Malekith didn't send Thor flying by separating his arms, he did it by redirecting Thor's attack. Still nothing noteworthy, and he made Thor bleed.

The proof, is in your own logic apparently, since your equating Hulk punching Thor through a room, to have the same striking power as one shotting a leviathan. Punching Thor to another room is something any kryptonian could do, and by your logic this type of striking power is the same as one shotting a levaithan. In no way should that make sense to you. Also i don't see how we can give testament to how great the leviathan punch is given that theres no real way to quantify it. We don't know how much it weighs, it has literally no feats besides crashing through buildings. Hulk didn't fully stop its momentum, and Thor kills one later on by hitting a piece of its armor into it.

The first one he literally just flies right through the beast. Not a bull rush. The second he flies into loki after swinging his hammer, 2 feet in front of him. You can't even see what Thor does in the third, he could have just slowly ran then jumped into Hulk. And with Malekith, again he just flies into him. Thor never shows any control when he does this and if he loses his hammer hes essentially helpless for a while in the air, something Clark can easily captalize on. And Clark is still much faster anyway.

The only time you can see him slowly get up is the second time she hits him, and even then he doesn't look dazed or winded. He literally looks better after she throws him threw a building. Seems more like inexperience from his first fight than anything else. And he tanks greater damage later on anyway. I've already addressed the KO's.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: Loki also has abilities no other frost giant has displayed. He also lacks any abilities frost giants display. He doesn't have the height or weight of a frost giant. How was there no augmentation? He also has tanked attacks that would have killed frost giants.

Ice as tough as steel...the same steel Superman melted in seconds? If he widened his beam like he did to carve a path through the ice, it would amount to the same thing Gungir did. You can't equate lightning Thor uses as part of his powerset with heat vision. Of course he can bathe himself in it, he has control over it. The same way Human Torch torch can bathe himself in fire.

We are talking about one slightly larger and stronger frost giant compared to the rest, and even he was killed shortly after fairly easily. And again, their ice couldn't penetrate an asgardian shield. The ice was an extended part of their abilities, nothing to do with their durability. Dark elves have apparently greater durability.

Superman getting "hurt" from foes stronger than Kurse, Loki, Hulk and Malekith, is better than Thor bleeding and also getting hurt. I've already addressed Clark getting KOed. He took more damage than anything thrown at Thor.

I can't name one single striking feat Kurse has that is better than Superman or Zod. You can see in the video someone posted that when Malekith hits him early on, Thor wipes blood from his mouth. Now i see what kryptonian robot your talking about. Again, this was before his powers were truly tested, and even if kryptonian weapons could hurt him, its irrelevant here. The fact that Thor bled from blunt force is an important factor.

I'd say any feat by the kryptonians is greater than the leviathan feat given that theres no way to quantify that feat. How much does a leviathan weigh? What feats does it have other than crashing through buildings? Thor kills one later on by shoving a piece of its armor through it. It couldn't be that heavy given that you see it fall on a building and it doesn't flatten it or cause it to collapse.

Just because you don't think a dark elf shouldn't be more durable than frost giants doesn't make it so. Gungir didn't obliterate the dark elf. Even if Odin did a quick swipe, if it can kill frost giants instantly as soon as it touches them, why wouldn't it do the same to a dark elf? Especially if they have supposedly less durability. When did Laufey draw blood from Odin? When has he ever done anything to show hes any less worthless than any other frost giant? Not to mention the fact that Odin literally has no standing here as he has zero feats besides killing some frost giants and a dark elf.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

Loki also has abilities no other frost giant has displayed. He also lacks any abilities frost giants display. He doesn't have the height or weight of a frost giant. How was there no augmentation? He also has tanked attacks that would have killed frost giants.

He is a complete Frost Giant, the only difference between him and the others is his ability to utilize Asgardian arts. Other than that, he is no different to them. Hell, he was turning back to his original self when he got touched by another Frost Giant.

The underlined part is complete speculation on your part, Loki has never been hit by Gungnir blasts or Mjolnir, there's no telling what would happen to him if he actually does get hit by either.

Ice as tough as steel...the same steel Superman melted in seconds?

Ice as tough as steel is a made up statement. Their skin could be tougher for all we know, I only said so because Loki was shown to be bulletproof, and their heads didn't come off from getting hit by Mjolnir.

If he widened his beam like he did to carve a path through the ice, it would amount to the same thing Gungir did.

Melting ordinary ice is not the same as disintegrating Frost Giants on impact regardless of where the beam hits. The point is, Thor survived this on three occasions, that's more than enough proof to tell you he'd do just fine against heat vision.

You can't equate lightning Thor uses as part of his powerset with heat vision. Of course he can bathe himself in it, he has control over it. The same way Human Torch torch can bathe himself in fire.

That's my point, why would Superman's heat vision hurt a being who bathes himself in.... lightning, which is > heat vision?

We are talking about one slightly larger and stronger frost giant compared to the rest, and even he was killed shortly after fairly easily. And again, their ice couldn't penetrate an asgardian shield. The ice was an extended part of their abilities, nothing to do with their durability. Dark elves have apparently greater durability.

It looked like any other Frost Giant in there, he was still able to trade blows with Thor, some were also able to trade blows with Volstagg. I don't see Dark Elf pawn troops doing that.

Their ice not piercing Asgardian shields is simple - the shields are doing their jobs.

Superman getting "hurt" from foes stronger than Kurse, Loki, Hulk and Malekith, is better than Thor bleeding and also getting hurt. I've already addressed Clark getting KOed. He took more damage than anything thrown at Thor.

The point is Clark is not invincible like you're trying to make him out to be. He can and has been hurt, downed and knocked out by blunt force and explosions. Him not getting knocked out in the end doesn't change that fact that yes, he can be hurt, and Thor has enough feats to suggest he could put a serious hurting on Clark.

I can't name one single striking feat Kurse has that is better than Superman or Zod.

Kurse one-shotting Asgardian shields literally beats anything the Kryptonians have in terms of striking feats. Or knocking Thor back hundreds of feet?

You can see in the video someone posted that when Malekith hits him early on, Thor wipes blood from his mouth.

That's not blunt force -_- he's getting hit by the Aether's energy projection. The Aether being a universal weapon said to turn things 'dark'...

Now i see what kryptonian robot your talking about. Again, this was before his powers were truly tested, and even if kryptonian weapons could hurt him, its irrelevant here. The fact that Thor bled from blunt force is an important factor.

Testing powers =/= increasing durability. Clark still bled from the robot hitting him, does that make him a weakling now? The blood drawn from Thor was miniscule and had absolutely no effect on him or whatsoever.

I'd say any feat by the kryptonians is greater than the leviathan feat given that theres no way to quantify that feat. How much does a leviathan weigh? What feats does it have other than crashing through buildings?

Whelp, there goes all of Clark's feats.. How do you quantify Clarks' striking feats? :D

How much does a Leviathan weigh? Well I'm guessing a whole lot more than Nam-Ek/Faora/Zod and Clark combined. We do know it was capable of doing this:

No Caption Provided

nonchalantly, but Hulk was able to one-shot one with a casual punch. The Kryptonians have no striking feats that can match that.

Thor kills one later on by shoving a piece of its armor through it. It couldn't be that heavy given that you see it fall on a building and it doesn't flatten it or cause it to collapse.

Thor one-shotting one is a bad showing for the Leviathan, or is it a good showing for Thor? I'm not sure, why did you even bring this up?

Just because you don't think a dark elf shouldn't be more durable than frost giants doesn't make it so. Gungir didn't obliterate the dark elf. Even if Odin did a quick swipe, if it can kill frost giants instantly as soon as it touches them, why wouldn't it do the same to a dark elf? Especially if they have supposedly less durability.

Again, this can be chalked up to inconsistency on Marvels' part. The notion of Dark Elf pawn troops being more durable than Frost Giants is ridiculous given the feats the Frost Giants actually have. You're sticking to that one inconsistent showing and trying to make something out of it.

I could do the same thing and discredit this feat:

Loading Video...

It's not impressive because the force pulling them must not be that powerful right? It was sucking cars and heavy debris, yet Lois kept falling, that must mean the force pulling Superman is not even strong, because it's not powerful enough to pull Lois.... right?

That is essentially similar to what you're doing with the Dark Elf/Frost Giant comparison.

When did Laufey draw blood from Odin? When has he ever done anything to show hes any less worthless than any other frost giant? Not to mention the fact that Odin literally has no standing here as he has zero feats besides killing some frost giants and a dark elf.

I'm not going to address this.

Anyways, heat vision will not take Thor out IF(and that's a big if) it hits him. Both characters are perfectly capable of hurting each other, and the fight can go either way.

I see it as a 5/5, 6/4, 4/6 match up. Arguments can be made for the victory of both combatants.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#1909  Edited By DrF8

Superman

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

Loki also has abilities no other frost giant has displayed. He doesn't display any frost giant abilities, and as I stated before, he's tanked attacks that have killed other frost giants. Hes not just some frost giant.

He doesn't display them because he didn't know how to, he was raised as an Asgardian and taught how to use Asgardian arts. That's it.

Again, there was a clear increase in his abilities as the movie progresses. He tanks far greater damage later on. It's the same way as his flight and speed developed as the movie went on, he tested them.

No, there really isn't. He got better, not stronger/more durable, same way Steve(Captain America) got better feats in his second movie compared to the first. Doesn't mean he got stronger/more durable, it just means he got better. Clark also never 'tanked' greater damage later on.

Malekith didn't send Thor flying by separating his arms, he did it by redirecting Thor's attack. Still nothing noteworthy, and he made Thor bleed.

-_- Malekith sent Thor flying with his TK powers, not by redirecting Thor's attack.

The proof, is in your own logic apparently, since your equating Hulk punching Thor through a room, to have the same striking power as one shotting a leviathan. Punching Thor to another room is something any kryptonian could do, and by your logic this type of striking power is the same as one shotting a levaithan. In no way should that make sense to you.

Hulk threw a casual punch in both instances so there is no way to gauge which one was stronger, the punch only sending Thor flying through a room could mean Thor is that durable or the effect isn't as devastating on Thor as it was on the Leviathan... because Thor is that durable.

Also i don't see how we can give testament to how great the leviathan punch is given that theres no real way to quantify it. We don't know how much it weighs, it has literally no feats besides crashing through buildings. Hulk didn't fully stop its momentum, and Thor kills one later on by hitting a piece of its armor into it.

It weighs a whole lot more than anything the Kryptonians have ever punched. Hulk didn't stop the momentum, but it was his initial hit which killed the monster.

The first one he literally just flies right through the beast. Not a bull rush. The second he flies into loki after swinging his hammer, 2 feet in front of him. You can't even see what Thor does in the third, he could have just slowly ran then jumped into Hulk. And with Malekith, again he just flies into him. Thor never shows any control when he does this and if he loses his hammer hes essentially helpless for a while in the air, something Clark can easily captalize on. And Clark is still much faster anyway.

You said Thor has never bullrushed anything, we give you three instances of the contrary and what do you do? You immediately try to discredit them. A bullrush in Comic Vine terms literally means flying straight into your opponent, and that was exactly what he was doing in those instances.

Unless Thor throws his hammer into another dimension, I don't see why it won't come back to him instantly seeing how fast the hammer travels back to its user on its own.

The only time you can see him slowly get up is the second time she hits him, and even then he doesn't look dazed or winded. He literally looks better after she throws him threw a building. Seems more like inexperience from his first fight than anything else. And he tanks greater damage later on anyway. I've already addressed the KO's.

Experience =/= durability.

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only to a thor extremist is kurse breaking through a UNQUANTIFIABLE. shield greater than a kryptonian punch.

No ONE. In mcu has ever hit another humanoid as far or hard like a kryptonion.

CLEARLY. Jor el stating " keep testing your limits" directly correlates with an INCREASE in his powers

Sup crashed from space , went through a bulding and then crashed into a solid marble musueum floor WITHOUT A SCRATCH.

Hulk was ko at less than 30 k feet

Thor was UNABLE. To use his hammer at less than 30 k feet

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@academic said:

Patently false

Thor COWERED from jet bullets

No where in mcu shows thor can no show bullets

We KNOW. sup can

AND DODGE BULLETS

Its worth mentioning that Loki could tank bullets, in the scene where he comes to earth. I could be wrong though

Yes I think Loki tanks hits from an M16 or Ar15 type weapon in the opening scene, direct shots to the chest, then Loki magically shoots ice bolt or blue magic killing the soldiers and Loki mentally possess the Shield scientists. Thor is notably more durable than Loki and yet Loki seemed to be unphased by gunfire.

That said F-22 Raptor has a much stronger gun and maybe Thor was starting to gass out with his long fight with Hulk, maybe he could have tanked the shots but he did roll away. Personally I think Thor should be tough enough and I think Ironman even tanks some Raptor gunfire in his dogfight scene in the Ironman movie. Thor might have been slowly getting over powered in his fight with the Hulk while Hulk only looked to be getting tougher and tougher as the fight went on. The A-10 Warthog that KO's the Kryptonian Nam-Ek I think shoots a 30mm Gatling-type gun, much stronger than A15 weapons which Loki tanks.

loki was wearing armor during the opening scene where he got shot. in no way can that be qualified as loki tanking the bullets himself.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1914  Edited By GXrevolution96

@tomofukuoka said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@academic said:

Patently false

We KNOW. sup can

AND DODGE BULLETS

Its worth mentioning that Loki could tank bullets, in the scene where he comes to earth. I could be wrong though

Yes I think Loki tanks hits from an M16 or Ar15 type weapon in the opening scene, direct shots to the chest, then Loki magically shoots ice bolt or blue magic killing the soldiers and Loki mentally possess the Shield scientists. Thor is notably more durable than Loki and yet Loki seemed to be unphased by gunfire.

That said F-22 Raptor has a much stronger gun and maybe Thor was starting to gass out with his long fight with Hulk, maybe he could have tanked the shots but he did roll away. Personally I think Thor should be tough enough and I think Ironman even tanks some Raptor gunfire in his dogfight scene in the Ironman movie. Thor might have been slowly getting over powered in his fight with the Hulk while Hulk only looked to be getting tougher and tougher as the fight went on. The A-10 Warthog that KO's the Kryptonian Nam-Ek I think shoots a 30mm Gatling-type gun, much stronger than A15 weapons which Loki tanks.

I dont think the F-22 bullets would have killed Thor, but I think they would have certainly hurt him, considering that he took cover.

Nam-Ek wasn't KO'd by the gun. The force blew him back, but he gets up a moment later and shrugs it off. He wasn't hurt or damaged by the hit. You see him shrugging his shoulders and clicking his neck as if he was just a warming up

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomofukuoka said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@academic said:

Patently false

We KNOW. sup can

AND DODGE BULLETS

loki was wearing armor during the opening scene where he got shot. in no way can that be qualified as loki tanking the bullets himself.

But so were the krptonians.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes:

Actually Loki did tank a bullet to the face. Watch the opening scene again, it's very brief, but it happened.

lantian1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone really think the f-35s guns are more powerful than the almost 500% repulsor's and unibeam Iron Man shoots at Thor

academic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lantian1:

Iron man one film CLEARLY shows 400 percent is NOT a 400 x boost .it is simply his energy reserves. No where does it even imply 400 percent makes iron man stronger , or faster. It also DOES NOT increase iron man beams either .

Thor COWERED from f35 jet bullets for a reason .

Jest bullets are not the same as Starks beams

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: He survived a hit from a weapon similar to the energy attack the destroyer used, which obliterated frost giants similar to what Gungir did. Your honestly telling me all of the hits he took, the explosion from the bifrost bridge, an explosive arrow to the face, thrashing by Hulk, hits by Thor, all of that is what a normal frost giant could survive? The same frost giants killed from one or two stabs? Nonsense. Plus in his fight with Thor he has been hit by Thor's lighting and hammer and wasn't killed or seriously injured.

Ice as tough as steel was your original statement, not mine. That's funny because the larger frost giant was in fact killed by Thor throwing his hammer and breaking apart his head. Nothing to indicate a frost giants body is as durable as steel.

Sure melting ice isn't the same as melting frost giants, but considering that same heat vision melted a steel girder in seconds, I would say it can apply the same affect to frost giants that Gungir does if he widens the scope of it. Not to mention with the dark elf not being disintegrated it tells me Gungir only seems to disintegrate frost giants. The interesting thing about that as well is that when Odin uses his spear on frost giants in the beginning scene of Thor it doesn't disintegrate them immediately. Maybe due to the fact that after that, as Odin says "the source of their power, was taken." But I may be reaching on that last part. But overall Gungir still doesn't seem impressive. Frost giants have no durability feats that are better than dark elves.

Again, equating something thats part of Thor's powerset as the same thing to a completely different ability is ridiculous. Not to mention you have no proof that Thor's lighting is greater than heat vision. Comic Thor bathes himself in lightning and has greater feats with it and has still been burned from heat based attacks.

You can see that this particular frost giant was slightly bigger when compared to others, and his head exploded when the hammer hit him anyway. You talk as if Volstagg has had any feats to show trading blows with him is remarkable. And again, strength is not the same as durability. Dark elves have apparently better durability.

Never said Superman was invincible. Sure he can be hurt from blunt force but you need plenty of it to actually seriously injure him. I've already addressed his knockouts. The oil rig was before he developed his powers and tested them. I can say this because he takes considerably more damage later on and doesn't get knocked out. Him being knocked out by Namek and Faora was akin to a sucker punch, and he tanks more damage later. Especially with the world engine feat. And if we're really going on about KO's here, wasn't Thor knocked out after defeating Malekith? It seemed like it was from his own attack too. Unless it was from the aether dissipating, but that didn't exactly explode or anything. Thats a pretty unimpressive showing. Superman wasn't the only one knocked out here.

Never said Malekith's attack was blunt force -_- Only that its rather unimpressive and yet Thor bleeds from it.

Doesn't mean Clark is a weakling, maybe that kryptonian weapons can harm Superman. Which is irrelevant here anyway. Bleeding still indicates injury. Much more than taking a few seconds to get up

You can easily quantify Clark's striking feats. How far he sends his opponents, creating shockwaves. I don't know why you think crashing through a building is some kind of impressive feat by the leviathan. Hulk hits it where theres none of that thick armor. And he still didn't stop it momentum completely. Its why I brought up Thor killing one. He shoves a small piece of its armor into its back and it dies. Doesn't seem so hard to kill in a place without its armor. Theres also a clear difference in how he punches Thor and the leviathan. He winds up his fist for the leviathan, its a casual punch for Thor.

Seems like he's redirecting Thor's attack since he simply extends his arms after Thor strikes. Nevertheless its irrelevant, nothing beyond the scope of these characters.

What is noteworthy about Kurse breaking featless prison shields?? Even the shield generator for the main shield...honestly what was special about that??? And knocking Thor hundreds of feet, what kryptonians also did? Kurse has no striking feats greater than the kryptonians and no strength feats worth mentioning. Not to mention everytime Kurse knocked Thor away he was slow to get up and coughed up blood the first time. Superman can dish out similar punishment and Thor won't have Loki to save him this time.

Superman has a few reaction feats. Blocking a speed kick from Faora while he is down. Dodging the tentacles from the world engine a few times. Avoiding a speed punch from Zod.

Thor rushed an opponent by running into them, and had no control after that. Superman rushed Zod then punched him repeatedly in the face. He has the flight capability to outmaneuver Thor in the air. Hes been in combat in the air. Not to mention Superman's bull rushes are alot faster.

Overall I still think Superman is much better than Thor, and would stomp him. But your great debating has made me think its a bit closer. But given its one movie for Clark versus 3 and soon to be 4 for the son of Odin, we might have a definitive answer in the future.

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Batman v Superman comes out this debate will be much better, because Superman only has one film and Thor has three soon to be four.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kfabz-23 said:

When Batman v Superman comes out this debate will be much better, because Superman only has one film and Thor has three soon to be four.

Hopefully, WW gets some feats. Faora vs WW would be quite an interesting debate

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: agreed, the way Zack Snyder spoke about Wonder Woman I think she will be getting good feats. Knowing Zack Snyder films everyone will be good feats.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still stomps, stronger (almost each he threw made shockwaves), faster and much greater durability, Thor was injured bleed and got owned from a room sized boulder thrown at him while Superman takes a train to the face and its explosion unharmed without a scratch, flies "face first" through planet drilling gravity blasts at high speeds and tanked the world engine explosion no scratch, took so many heavy blows and punishment from the other Kryptonians and never bled once from their hits, while Thor bled from a casual punch from Hulk lol, Thor can't even take quarter of what Superman took in MOS he would have been killed...and Iron man overpowered Thor when they rushed at each other, Superman and the Kryptonians clearly outclasses Thor's level

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@randomsid: So the asgardian knife is more durable than a human knife. Still doesn't indicate why it should cut Superman. Yet it cut Thor. The World Engine was destroying buildings and flattening cars. Superman was weakened and still plowed through it. Its impressive when Thor has no feats to compare. Or any strength feats for that matter. The only impressive striking feat i saw from Thor was with the frost giants and a ground attack won't do anything to someone who flies. Namek threw a train at Clark, with perfect accuracy. Name one strength feat Thor has thats similar to that. I'll wait. And thanks for ignoring all my other durability feats for Clark while trying to negate one. Thor jumped out at the last moment, to avoid injuring himself from the fall. Seems pretty clear to me. You would think if he's already that close then why not just let it happen. All I have seen in these pages is poor debating and a lack of sound arguments. Clark stomps.

Well said !

kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

He survived a hit from a weapon similar to the energy attack the destroyer used, which obliterated frost giants similar to what Gungir did. Your honestly telling me all of the hits he took, the explosion from the bifrost bridge, an explosive arrow to the face, thrashing by Hulk, hits by Thor, all of that is what a normal frost giant could survive? The same frost giants killed from one or two stabs? Nonsense. Plus in his fight with Thor he has been hit by Thor's lighting and hammer and wasn't killed or seriously injured.

The underlined part never happened. If you're referring to Coulsen's weapon, it is an Earthly made weapon still in its prototype stage. No where as powerful as Gungnir or the Destroyer's blasts.

Not only do I believe the other Frost Giants could survive what Loki went through, they could do more. In fact, Loki is weaker and smaller than the rest of the Frost Giants, as stated by Odin himself:

Loading Video...

Loki has never been hit by Thor's Mjolnir/lightning, and he's never been hit by Gungnir. He'd get obliterated just like the rest of the Frost giants if he actually gets hit by the blast. He did however take a few punches from Thor, but Thor holds back greatly against Loki.

Ice as tough as steel was your original statement, not mine. That's funny because the larger frost giant was in fact killed by Thor throwing his hammer and breaking apart his head. Nothing to indicate a frost giants body is as durable as steel.

I said their skin is probably as tough as steel, if not tougher. I'm basing this off Loki's skin being impervious to gun fire and the way bullets bounce off him.

Sure melting ice isn't the same as melting frost giants, but considering that same heat vision melted a steel girder in seconds, I would say it can apply the same affect to frost giants that Gungir does if he widens the scope of it. Not to mention with the dark elf not being disintegrated it tells me Gungir only seems to disintegrate frost giants. The interesting thing about that as well is that when Odin uses his spear on frost giants in the beginning scene of Thor it doesn't disintegrate them immediately. Maybe due to the fact that after that, as Odin says "the source of their power, was taken." But I may be reaching on that last part. But overall Gungir still doesn't seem impressive. Frost giants have no durability feats that are better than dark elves.

Superman's best heat vision feats are melting steel beams and making a hole in ice. That does not compare to Gungnir disintegrating an entire Frost Giant's body9which is not made of ordinary ice) instantly regardless of where it hits. The point is, Thor has survived that type of power, and more. It's enough to suggest heat vision will not kill him.

Again, equating something thats part of Thor's powerset as the same thing to a completely different ability is ridiculous. Not to mention you have no proof that Thor's lighting is greater than heat vision. Comic Thor bathes himself in lightning and has greater feats with it and has still been burned from heat based attacks.

Saying Clark's heat vision would hurt a being who bathes himself in lightning is like saying you could 'freeze' Bobby, or saying you can 'burn' the Human Torch. It doesn't matter if it's an ability of his to command lightning, the heat and effect is still there and it doesn't hurt him, I don't see why heat vision which is inferior to lightning will hurt him. The heat produced from lightning can reach temperatures 6x hotter than the surface of the sun, I don't see Clark matching that any time soon.

As for the comic Thor reference, would you mind posting the instances where comic Thor has been burnt by heat based attacks. I can't remember this happening anywhere.

You can see that this particular frost giant was slightly bigger when compared to others, and his head exploded when the hammer hit him anyway. You talk as if Volstagg has had any feats to show trading blows with him is remarkable. And again, strength is not the same as durability. Dark elves have apparently better durability.

It looked like any other Frost Giant there. And scratch the Volstagg point.

Dark Elves troops do not have better durability, they have none at all.

Never said Superman was invincible. Sure he can be hurt from blunt force but you need plenty of it to actually seriously injure him. I've already addressed his knockouts. The oil rig was before he developed his powers and tested them. I can say this because he takes considerably more damage later on and doesn't get knocked out. Him being knocked out by Namek and Faora was akin to a sucker punch, and he tanks more damage later. Especially with the world engine feat.

Getting better at using his powers does not make him more durable, nor does it make him stronger considering the fact that his best strength/lifting feat does indeed come from the beginning of the movie. He also never 'tanked' greater damage later on in the movie. And the World Engine wasn't exerting blunt force, it does not apply here.

And if we're really going on about KO's here, wasn't Thor knocked out after defeating Malekith? It seemed like it was from his own attack too. Unless it was from the aether dissipating, but that didn't exactly explode or anything. Thats a pretty unimpressive showing. Superman wasn't the only one knocked out here.

It was the combination of his attack, plus being in the Aether storm for a prolonged time. Based on what the Aether does(turning the entire universe 'dark'), I think it's impressive that he was able to last in there for that long.

Never said Malekith's attack was blunt force -_- Only that its rather unimpressive and yet Thor bleeds from it.

You said Malekith had some of the worst striking feats in all of MCU and he made Thor bleed. I would assume you were referring to blunt force. Considering what the Aether is and what it does, it's no surprise it was able to draw blood from Thor.

Doesn't mean Clark is a weakling, maybe that kryptonian weapons can harm Superman. Which is irrelevant here anyway. Bleeding still indicates injury. Much more than taking a few seconds to get up

Why is it irrelevant? Going by your logic, Superman has had blood drawn from him in the past even though it didn't hinder him in any way/shape or form (just like Thor), he must be weak right?

You can easily quantify Clark's striking feats. How far he sends his opponents, creating shockwaves. I don't know why you think crashing through a building is some kind of impressive feat by the leviathan.

Sure, go for it. Creating shock waves doesn't mean anything, and Thor has produced bigger, better and more destructive shock waves on his own.

Hulk hits it where theres none of that thick armor. And he still didn't stop it momentum completely. Its why I brought up Thor killing one. He shoves a small piece of its armor into its back and it dies. Doesn't seem so hard to kill in a place without its armor.

o_O? Hulk's punch went through the armour and killed it instantly.Stopping the Leviathan with one punch is still a better striking feat compared to any striking feat(s) you can bring up for the Kryptonians.

And actually Hulk shoved the armour in its back (it was still alive then), but it was Thor's strike which killed it finally.

Theres also a clear difference in how he punches Thor and the leviathan. He winds up his fist for the leviathan, its a casual punch for Thor.

No there really isn't a way to tell which one was stronger. The punch against the Leviathan was as casual as the term can get, if that's what

Loading Video...

That was either the slowest punch in the history of Marvel movies, or it was in slow motion, either way, I fail to see how that punch was more than a casual punch.

Seems like he's redirecting Thor's attack since he simply extends his arms after Thor strikes. Nevertheless its irrelevant, nothing beyond the scope of these characters.

He didn't redirect Thor's attack, it was a TK move.

What is noteworthy about Kurse breaking featless prison shields?? Even the shield generator for the main shield...honestly what was special about that??? And knocking Thor hundreds of feet, what kryptonians also did? Kurse has no striking feats greater than the kryptonians and no strength feats worth mentioning. Not to mention everytime Kurse knocked Thor away he was slow to get up and coughed up blood the first time. Superman can dish out similar punishment and Thor won't have Loki to save him this time.

I don't want to spam this page with screenshots but I'll advise you to go watch the part where the Dark Elves attack Asgard and examine just what one of their ships was capable of, yet it couldn't get through the shields, and Kurse was one-shotting the shieds left and right.

Superman has a few reaction feats. Blocking a speed kick from Faora while he is down. Dodging the tentacles from the world engine a few times. Avoiding a speed punch from Zod.

Nothing as impressive as blocking the Destroyer's beam, Loki's scepter blast(at a close range), he's also got more in most of his H2H encounters.

Thor rushed an opponent by running into them, and had no control after that. Superman rushed Zod then punched him repeatedly in the face. He has the flight capability to outmaneuver Thor in the air. Hes been in combat in the air. Not to mention Superman's bull rushes are alot faster.

The underlined part is true for both characters. Superman grabbed Zod and punched him repeatedly, something Iron Man and Thor are both capable of.

With the way Superman fights in the air, I don't think he would be able to overwhelm Thor.

Overall I still think Superman is much better than Thor, and would stomp him. But your great debating has made me think its a bit closer. But given its one movie for Clark versus 3 and soon to be 4 for the son of Odin, we might have a definitive answer in the future.

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, I don't have a problem with anyone thinking Superman wins (I think so too), I just don't believe it's a mismatch. Like I said before, arguments can be made for both character's victory, as long as you don't think it's a lopsided battle in anybody's favor, then it's all good. Only misinformed, ignorant people would think like that.

(I might've missed some of the points you brought up, but it's expected in long posts like this one)

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Get over it Thor fanboys.. Superman have him outclassed in combat speed, strength and durability.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How can people still be debating this.

HAHAHAHA. Thor was brutally wounded by a rock in his last movie.

No Caption Provided

Superman crashed down from the damn sky and smashed his face into a mountain and got up like he was playing in the snow.

No Caption Provided

Seriously. Compare this slow a&^ chet.

No Caption Provided

To this highspeed chet.

No Caption Provided

No comparison. It isn't even fair. Imagine Superman playing pinball with Thor's body in the same fashion here. At least Zod had the durability and power to survive this. Thor has none of that. He can't even fly in combat in the same fashion. The fight would look like a rabid pitbull going after a sleeping chihuahua.

Lmao, nice summing that up

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: This will probably be my last reply to your posts on this thread, since this might go on forever lol. I ask that you review all my points this time but forgive me for another long post.

You never addressed my point that Gungir still only killed frost giants in the movie and again, didn't disintegrate a dark elf. There is still nothing to indicate normal frost giants are more durable than dark elves. I also stated that Gungir doesn't even disintegrate frost giants in the beginning of the movie Thor when Odin uses it. Maybe due to the fact that afterwards the frost giants lose, as Odin put it, "the source of their power." It only tells me Gungir is capable of killing frost giants and dark elves easily, something that wasn't too hard for Thor or the warriors three. Nothing notable feat wise.

Odin never said Loki was weaker, just smaller. His size was the only difference. And feats>statements. No reason to indicate frost giants can take an explosive arrow to the face, the explosion of the bifrost bridge, a thrashing from Hulk, hits from Captain America's shield, Iron Man's attacks, and hits from Thor, and some of these are without a scratch on him.

When Thor and Loki fight Thor hits him with his hammer onto the bifrost bridge. He also uses his lightning to strike Loki and other copies of him. No normal frost giant can take that.

Frost giants may have skin as tough as steel or tougher, but considering heat vision can melt steel instantly, i still don't see why Superman widening his scope of heat vision wouldn't accomplish the same thing as Gungir did. Especially if it was a deliberate attempt for maximum damage instead of a quick reaction to Zod.

There is no way in hell Thor's lightning is anywhere close to temperatures greater than the surface of the sun. Unless your telling me Loki, Iron Man, and Malekith can survive such heat. Even the Chitauri Leviathans weren't completely destroyed from his lightning, and that was when he used a building as a conductor. We can quantify Clark's heat vision because of the steel girder feat. Making blanket statements like that allows for ridiculous assumptions. From that logic Toad from X men has amazing durability since he wasn't disintegrated from Storm's lightning since its "6x hotter than the surface of the sun." I don't see Thor tanking Clark's heat vision.

It clearly looks like a larger frost giant. Thor still knocks his head off. Dark elves do have durability and apparently better durabilty than frost giants. They weren't cut up from asgardian swords when they invaded Asgard, they didn't break apart or have shattered armor from Thor's hammer when he hit them. And of course Gungir not disintegrating one.

Indeed Clark's strength and durability do get better. Whether you like it or not his durability clearly increases later on. His feats indicate that. His best lifting feat is in the beginning because he doesn't lift anything later on. He takes alot of damage later on and suffers no injury other than occasionally being dazed. The world engine was exerting a physical force, it was a gravity field that continued to expand. It was strong enough to flatten cars and destroy skyscrapers and push apart an ocean. He took that, while weakened, and still flew through the world engine and destroyed it. It most certainly is blunt force.

I don't see anything impressive about the Aether. It never left any lasting damage when it began to spread across the nine realms. Thor wasn't suffering any damage inside it. It was essentially just turning everything "dark." So either Thor was KOed from his own attack, or from the Aether dissipating, or both, which isn't exactly impressive.

It's irrelevant because the only thing that actually drew blood from Clark was kryptonian technology. Thor has bled from blunt force and the unimpressive Aether.

I misjudged Hulk and the leviathan, but as i said before, he doesn't stop its momentum completely, we don't know its weight, and it bears nothing on Thor's durability. Look at the difference between Hulks stance and the way he punches Thor compared to the leviathan. Completely different punches. Also knocking someone back doesn't mean you have enough strength to hurt them. I can't recall how many times comic characters have been knocked back by someone who couldn't hope to hurt them. Comic Superman is a clear example of that. Its the difference between Iron Man knocking Thor back with a concussive blast with no effect, versus Kurse knocking Thor back, and him staggering and coughing up blood. There's a behind the scenes look at MOS where Zack Snyder talks with Henry Cavill about how when he's hit and knocked back its "not about pain, but pressure."

A TK move is even more unimpressive since its him just essentially throwing Thor. Kurse destroying smaller prison shields and a shield generator are not the same thing as that massive shield protecting Asgard. Especially since that massive shield was powered differently than those prison shields. Can't prove he would do the same thing. His best striking feats are knocking Thor hundreds of feet, something Superman can do given his similar feats. And since Thor struggled to even get up and coughed up blood from Kurse hitting him, I don't see him lasting long against someone who can do the same thing, with added speed.

I'd say Clark's reaction feats are better. He's reacted to people with actual combat speed above peak human. Thor can probably block heat vision, but hand to hand he's outmatched.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

This will probably be my last reply to your posts on this thread, since this might go on forever lol. I ask that you review all my points this time but forgive me for another long post.

No probs, but the fact that even you believe this could go on forever should give you an indication that this fight is not as lopsided as you would have yourself and others believe? No?

You never addressed my point that Gungir still only killed frost giants in the movie and again, didn't disintegrate a dark elf. There is still nothing to indicate normal frost giants are more durable than dark elves. I also stated that Gungir doesn't even disintegrate frost giants in the beginning of the movie Thor when Odin uses it. Maybe due to the fact that afterwards the frost giants lose, as Odin put it, "the source of their power." It only tells me Gungir is capable of killing frost giants and dark elves easily, something that wasn't too hard for Thor or the warriors three. Nothing notable feat wise.

It is still a heat resistant feat for Thor, I brought them up because you're trying to sell the idea that Clark's heat vision can be a game changer here (it really isn't). Even if what you're trying to say is true with Dark Elves pawn troops being more durable than Frost Giants, how does that make Gungnir any less powerful?

Gungnir's best feat is killing Frost Giants and Dark Elves? Well, Superman's best heat vision feat is melting a steel beam and melting ice. Thor has survived the Gungnir blasts on more than three occasions. Gungnir has been shown to basically one-shot almost every thing it hits bar Thor, that is enough to suggest Clark's heat vision (which is comparable to Gungnir (even though I disagree with this notion) according to you) will not kill Thor.

Odin never said Loki was weaker, just smaller. His size was the only difference. And feats>statements. No reason to indicate frost giants can take an explosive arrow to the face, the explosion of the bifrost bridge, a thrashing from Hulk, hits from Captain America's shield, Iron Man's attacks, and hits from Thor, and some of these are without a scratch on him.

Why would the king abandon his own child? Anyways, there is nothing to suggest they couldn't take what Loki went Through. There are no mentions of Loki receiving any augmentations, only that he was raised as an Asgardian and was taught by his step-mum how to utilise Asgardian arts. That's it, and he's never taken a full Mjolnir hit from Thor, nor has he ever been struck by Thor's lightning.

When Thor and Loki fight Thor hits him with his hammer onto the bifrost bridge. He also uses his lightning to strike Loki and other copies of him. No normal frost giant can take that.

You can't use that instance as an example seeing how Thor holds back against Loki every single time they fight. Also the lightning never hits Loki directly, it was the shock wave which pushed him back and downed him anyway. Loki still has never taken a proper hit from Thor, nor has he ever fought against a Thor who will not pull his punches.

Frost giants may have skin as tough as steel or tougher, but considering heat vision can melt steel instantly, i still don't see why Superman widening his scope of heat vision wouldn't accomplish the same thing as Gungir did. Especially if it was a deliberate attempt for maximum damage instead of a quick reaction to Zod.

Because widening his heat vision makes it weaker? The only time he was shown widening his heat vision was when he used it to melt ice to get to the Kryptonian ship. Other times he was shown using his heat vision, they were focused and concentrated (against Nam-Ek/Faora/the Kryptonian ship and the steel beam). Why didn't he instantly disintegrate the steel beam Zod was swinging at him if he's capable of doing what you are trying to suggest?

Clark using his heat vision leaves him at a disadvantage as it literally hurts him to use the ability. When Thor blocks/dodges or tanks the heat vision, Clark will be at a disadvantage.

There is no way in hell Thor's lightning is anywhere close to temperatures greater than the surface of the sun. Unless your telling me Loki, Iron Man, and Malekith can survive such heat.

Why not? Loki never got hit by a direct lightning bolt, Iron Man was absorbing the lightning for unknown reasons and it powered him up. Malekith never tanked it, the first time he got hit by Thor's lightning, it downed him immediately, burnt half of his face off instantly rendering him unable to move and forcing him to retreat. The only time he survived Thor's lightning was when he had the Aether.

Even the Chitauri Leviathans weren't completely destroyed from his lightning, and that was when he used a building as a conductor.

You're right, it didn't destroy the Leviathans, it obliterated them:

Loading Video...

And he's done it without using the Chrysler building as a conductor:

Loading Video...

What makes this impressive is the fact that Iron Man's lasers couldn't even penetrate the Leviathan armour, and Tony's lasers have been shown to completely slice up metal and steel alike, instantly. That should give you an idea of how hot Thor's lightning can get.

We can quantify Clark's heat vision because of the steel girder feat.

Sure, you only need 2750°F to melt steel... Lightning goes up to 50,000°F (and Thor bathes in it), no contest.

Making blanket statements like that allows for ridiculous assumptions. From that logic Toad from X men has amazing durability since he wasn't disintegrated from Storm's lightning since its "6x hotter than the surface of the sun." I don't see Thor tanking Clark's heat vision.

It really isn't a blanket statement, it's still lightning called forth from the sky, the one Thor commands is the real thing, and the heat lightning produces does in fact reach temperatures 6x hotter than the surface of the sun. Maybe Toad is that durable *shrugs* you seem to believe Dark Elves are more durable than Frost Giants because they didn't disintegrate from Gungnir blasts, the same logic can be applied here.

Sadly heat vision is still useless in this fight.

It clearly looks like a larger frost giant. Thor still knocks his head off. Dark elves do have durability and apparently better durabilty than frost giants. They weren't cut up from asgardian swords when they invaded Asgard

You must've missed the part where the Asgardian soldiers were playing reverse Jenga with Kurse's body :D

they didn't break apart or have shattered armor from Thor's hammer when he hit them. And of course Gungir not disintegrating one.

Neither did the Chitauri troops who were no match for the likes of Black Widow -_-

Indeed Clark's strength and durability do get better. Whether you like it or not his durability clearly increases later on. His feats indicate that.

This never happened. He got *better* not stronger/more durable.

His best lifting feat is in the beginning because he doesn't lift anything later on.

....... My point still stands.

He takes alot of damage later on and suffers no injury other than occasionally being dazed.

He was clearly getting hurt throughout his fight with Zod.

The world engine was exerting a physical force, it was a gravity field that continued to expand. It was strong enough to flatten cars and destroy skyscrapers and push apart an ocean. He took that, while weakened, and still flew through the world engine and destroyed it. It most certainly is blunt force.

Gravity =/= blunt force. The cars were being crushed from the inability of the materials they're made of withstanding their increased weight, the same thing with the buildings. It has nothing to do with physical or blunt force.

I don't see anything impressive about the Aether. It never left any lasting damage when it began to spread across the nine realms. Thor wasn't suffering any damage inside it. It was essentially just turning everything "dark." So either Thor was KOed from his own attack, or from the Aether dissipating, or both, which isn't exactly impressive.

The Aether is capable of so much more as shown in Jane's vision:

Loading Video...

It's capable of turning the entire universe 'dark' by turning everything it touches into dark matter. The fact that Thor was able to last in there for that long speaks volumes on his durability against even cosmic energies.

The Aether didn't leave any lasting damage because Malekith was unable to initiate it into the universe, Thor stopped him.

It's irrelevant because the only thing that actually drew blood from Clark was kryptonian technology. Thor has bled from blunt force and the unimpressive Aether.

Sure, and Clark has been knocked out and downed multiple times by the same type of force.

I misjudged Hulk and the leviathan, but as i said before, he doesn't stop its momentum completely, we don't know its weight, and it bears nothing on Thor's durability. Look at the difference between Hulks stance and the way he punches Thor compared to the leviathan. Completely different punches.

....... It still looked like a casual punch to me. We don't know much the Leviathans weigh, but one can assume it would weigh a whole lot more than all the Kryptonians Clark has punched.. No?

Also knocking someone back doesn't mean you have enough strength to hurt them. I can't recall how many times comic characters have been knocked back by someone who couldn't hope to hurt them. Comic Superman is a clear example of that. Its the difference between Iron Man knocking Thor back with a concussive blast with no effect, versus Kurse knocking Thor back, and him staggering and coughing up blood. There's a behind the scenes look at MOS where Zack Snyder talks with Henry Cavill about how when he's hit and knocked back its "not about pain, but pressure."

Fair enough.

A TK move is even more unimpressive since its him just essentially throwing Thor.

I never said it was impressive, I was addressing your misinformed statement about Malekith 'redirecting' Thor's attack.

Kurse destroying smaller prison shields and a shield generator are not the same thing as that massive shield protecting Asgard. Especially since that massive shield was powered differently than those prison shields. Can't prove he would do the same thing.

They were made out of the same type of energy and I assume it would be stronger at the power source... which Kurse also one-shotted.

If you can punch a hole in a 5" thick 20' tall steel door, you will be able to punch a hole in a 5" thick 700' tall steel door, the same thing applies to Kurse.

His best striking feats are knocking Thor hundreds of feet, something Superman can do given his similar feats. And since Thor struggled to even get up and coughed up blood from Kurse hitting him, I don't see him lasting long against someone who can do the same thing, with added speed.

I thought you said "knocking someone back doesn't mean you have enough strength to hurt them".. Kurse one-shotting the Asgardian shields still beats anything you can bring up for the Kryptonians in terms of striking power, it's no surprise Kurse's blows were able to draw blood from Thor, and even after taking a lot of them, Kurse was still not able to KO him.

I'd say Clark's reaction feats are better. He's reacted to people with actual combat speed above peak human. Thor can probably block heat vision, but hand to hand he's outmatched.

The underlined part never happened. The only person with above human combat speed was Faora and if I remember correctly, Clark was unable to land a single hit on here in close H2H combat, she kinda slapped him around and Clark had to resort to bullrushes/sucker punches in order to tag her.

Thor has enough reaction feats and skill feats to suggest he would not get overwhelmed in combat against Clark. Thor actually knows how to fight, Clark does not.

_____

If you want to reply and continue this, I'm up for it. I still believe this can go either way. It's not a lopsided fight.

Monte-Cristo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: I might attempt to refute your points some other time, but I think this should be concluded now. I said this would go on forever based on us having two very different viewpoints on the feats of these characters. I still think Clark has this by a decent margin, but I definitely think you brought up some fair points and a great debate without any usual name calling or trolling. For my first major debate on here I have to say I enjoyed it.

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

No probs dude. I can respect your view on the outcome.

:P

Avatar image for supermankingofheroes
supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monte-cristo:

You CLEARLY won

Kurse breaking through a unquantifiable invisible shield means NOTHING

Ktyptonian hit harder than anyone in. Mcu.

Fiora hit a water tanker farther and faster than anything thor has hit

Namek busted up a armored a10 quicker than hulk did to a non armored f35

It took thor over 7 seconds to get his hammet when hulk punched him on the. Helicarrier

The hammer is SLOW enough that hulk caught it

the hammer is SLOW enough that kurse swatted it

Sup can EASILY DO BOTH

Sup blitzed through a world engine and a space ship

Thor could NEVER SURVIVE superman

Nomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is this topic still going? I love Thor but he's outclassed in the movies. Marvel nerfed the heavy hitters for the movies.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still wins, I recently re-watched Avengers, Thor the Dark World, and Man of Steel all during the same day, anyone can clearly see the huge difference between Supes and Thor

Avatar image for webslingingpete
webslingingpete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is movie Supes weak to magic?

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman still wins, I recently re-watched Avengers, Thor the Dark World, and Man of Steel all during the same day, anyone can clearly see the huge difference between Supes and Thor

Not to mention the fact that they were struggling with robot fodder in the trailer

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1939  Edited By TheClassicIon

@gxrevolution96 said:

@theclassicion said:

Not to mention the fact that they were struggling with robot fodder in the trailer

Yep, trailer 3 of Age of Ultron came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUoeqvedMo

Guess what ? Thor was shown taking damage from those fodder ultron robots which Iron Man created..and Thor has multiple cuts and blood woulds all over his face and body, guess that settles this

MOS Superman is so much more durable and powerful than MCU Thor its almost funny

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theclassicion:

Correct!

The fake sup fan and the thor extremists must be but hurt! Lmao

As stated prior

Thor could NEVER SURVIVE superman

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy01: the Levathian punch was hardly casual, it was slow motion if anything. Certainly not comparable to Hulk punching Thor, at least

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is trying to make sense of things that didn't make sense and that were poorly written.

- Superman can't lift 50 tons, Thor can handle Hulk who was able to physically end the movement of a Behemoth with one punch. Based on raw physical strength, Thor wins. If Thor locked hands with Kal, Kal is going to end up with broken arms.

- Superman is tactically inept and has no fighting experience, Thor has a lot more experience. Thor wins in fighting skill.

- Thor is immune to heat, Supermans laser eyes have no effect on him.

- Thor is almost pure magic, Supermans greatest weakness outside of Kryptonite. Every punch is going to wreck Superman.

- Superman was too slow to save a single person during his battle with Zod. Speed my butt. He is probably roughly on par with Thor, its just not widely shown in comics or movies when Thor moves fast. Sorry, but when Thor first landed in the city with all the other avengers, he came from the horizon as a spec and landed on the ground in a split second. That is almost the same type of flight speed that Superman shown in Man of Steel. Thor and Superman should be considered equals in speed.

So, if they are equals in speed, and thor is definitely the better hand to hand fighter and is physically stronger...AND IS A MAGICALLY ENDOWED...guess what that means for Superman.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is trying to make sense of things that didn't make sense and that were poorly written.

- Superman can't lift 50 tons, Thor can handle Hulk who was able to physically end the movement of a Behemoth with one punch. Based on raw physical strength, Thor wins. If Thor locked hands with Kal, Kal is going to end up with broken arms.

- Superman is tactically inept and has no fighting experience, Thor has a lot more experience. Thor wins in fighting skill.

- Thor is immune to heat, Supermans laser eyes have no effect on him.

- Thor is almost pure magic, Supermans greatest weakness outside of Kryptonite. Every punch is going to wreck Superman.

- Superman was too slow to save a single person during his battle with Zod. Speed my butt. He is probably roughly on par with Thor, its just not widely shown in comics or movies when Thor moves fast. Sorry, but when Thor first landed in the city with all the other avengers, he came from the horizon as a spec and landed on the ground in a split second. That is almost the same type of flight speed that Superman shown in Man of Steel. Thor and Superman should be considered equals in speed.

So, if they are equals in speed, and thor is definitely the better hand to hand fighter and is physically stronger...AND IS A MAGICALLY ENDOWED...guess what that means for Superman.

@supermankingofheroes

No Caption Provided

supermankingofheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaeljulius:

LMAO

No magic in mcu . no way to know if thor asguardian " magic " hurts mos

Sup moved FAR FASTER than thor

He dodged bullets

He blitzed fiora as a BLUR

Thor hammer

SLOW enough that hulk caught it

SLOW enough that kurse swatted it

Thor

SLOW enough that he was stabbed by loki

SLOW enough that cap reacted to thor

UNABLE to deflect iron man telegraphed unibeam

Hulk with NO SKILL was gonna kill thor

kurse with NO SKILL was gonna kill thor

Yet sup will lose who is stronger , faster , greater dureabilty and stamina, heat vision and CAN FLY ?

LMAO

RandomSid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theclassicion said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@theclassicion said:

Guess what ? Thor was shown taking damage from those fodder ultron robots which Iron Man created..and Thor has multiple cuts and blood woulds all over his face and body, guess that settles this

MOS Superman is so much more durable and powerful than MCU Thor its almost funny

Sorry, but using a trailer that you really know NOTHING about the villains in doesn't help your case. Wait for the movie. And once again, cuts and blood while still fighting is far superior to being KOed and unable to fight.

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@michaeljulius: oh... the trolling is hard within this one.... Just let this thread die... it has been concluded

MoS would take down Thor like a little crying Goldilock

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96:

You mean the same ones Thor/Hulk and the new Iron Man were one-shotting here.....

Loading Video...

right?

@theclassicion:

You literally pulled this out of nowhere, you have no idea what happens, no context of how or what is even going on. I can't wait till it comes back and bites you in the back side.

Yet you couldn't prove it in the past 30+ pages you debated... Funny indeed -_-

April 24 can't come soon enough.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rudebomberboy

You've said on multiple occasions that you believe this fight can go either way, correct? If that is the case, why have you only been arguing for Thor for the entirety of the thread. Not once have you considered what superman has to offer

RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko:

And if you followed the thread you will notice me saying Superman does indeed beat Thor if I had to pick a winner.

I'm not arguing for Thor, I'm arguing against those who believe this is a mismatch in Superman's favor.

TheClassicIon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96 said:

@theclassicion said:

@theclassicion said:

@gxrevolution96 said:

@theclassicion said:

Sorry, but using a trailer that you really know NOTHING about the villains in doesn't help your case. Wait for the movie. And once again, cuts and blood while still fighting is far superior to being KOed and unable to fight.

Uhhh why are you talking to me ? thought you said before that you will not debate with me, please do not talk to me dude...or i will ask the mods to get you to not contact me