Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bart Simpson
Static Shock said:
"Bart Simpson said:
"This fight says otherwise.

Since when is the fight based on Smash Bros' standards? Yoshi couldn't catch Sonic, let alone be able to hit him..."

Ever heard of a game called Mario and Sonic at the Olympics where Yoshi is not only able to keep up with Sonic characters (Sonic included), but actually humiliate them by beating them in their own specialty: a race?
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Swagga Boy
Bart Simpson said:
"Static Shock said:
"Bart Simpson said:
"This fight says otherwise.

Since when is the fight based on Smash Bros' standards? Yoshi couldn't catch Sonic, let alone be able to hit him..."

Ever heard of a game called Mario and Sonic at the Olympics where Yoshi is not only able to keep up with Sonic characters (Sonic included), but actually humiliate them by beating them in their own specialty: a race?"

lol
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Static Shock
Bart Simpson said:
"Ever heard of a game called Mario and Sonic at the Olympics where Yoshi is not only able to keep up with Sonic characters (Sonic included), but actually humiliate them by beating them in their own specialty: a race?"

Newsflash. Sonic's speed is taken down a notch in that game so other characters are able to keep up with him. Common sense would tell you that. Why would Nintendo or Sega allow Sonic to be unbeatable in that game? It wouldn't be that much fun, now would it? If the Flash was put in that game, are you gonna sit here and tell me that Princess Peach could keep up with him, and that she could access the Speed Force too? Yoshi doesn't normally move past the speed of sound like Sonic can, so he cannot keep up with him. We aren't talking about games here. We are taking the characters from their orginal games and putting them in a fight. Neither Mario or Yoshi can keep up with Sonic. Keep it original, pimptight.
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bart Simpson
Static Shock said:
Newsflash. Sonic's speed is taken down a notch in that game so other characters are able to keep up with him. Common sense would tell you that. Why would Nintendo or Sega allow Sonic to be unbeatable in that game? It wouldn't be that much fun, now would it? If the Flash was put in that game, are you gonna sit here and tell me that Princess Peach could keep up with him, and that she could access the Speed Force too? Yoshi doesn't normally move past the speed of sound like Sonic can, so he cannot keep up with him. We aren't talking about games here. We are taking the characters from their orginal games and putting them in a fight. Neither Mario or Yoshi can keep up with Sonic. Keep it original, pimptight."

Sonic unbeatable? Sonic's not even unbeatable in his own games. For an alleged unhittable character players sure die alot by much slower enemies while using him. And if you want to bring up Flash, then by your logic Flash should be unbeatable because most of his rogues are human speed level characters. But wait a minute in his books Flash isn't unbeatable. Mirror Master has taken him down. So did Captain Boomerang and a bunch of other supervillains and their henchman and goons over the years had taken him out. There was pictures I saw of Deathstroke having two  encounters Flash. And in both occasions Deathstroke easily overcame Wally. Speed isn't everything man.

Plus if you want to not count the only times the characters have encountered each other, and only their own games. Then I still side with Mario. I've never played the latest adventure game Mario Galaxy because I don't own a Wii, but before that game most Mario games were his sport games. And in those games Mario characters were pretty darn powerful.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Sonic wins.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57  Edited By Methos

you know those battles that make you want to unwrap your brain in front of a TV with a fat wrap of crack?

this is one of those...

let it die, the stupidity is almost too much to bare

M

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Static Shock
Bart Simpson said:
"Sonic unbeatable? Sonic's not even unbeatable in his own games. For an alleged unhittable character players sure die alot by much slower enemies while using him. And if you want to bring up Flash, then by your logic Flash should be unbeatable because most of his rogues are human speed level characters. But wait a minute in his books Flash isn't unbeatable. Mirror Master has taken him down. So did Captain Boomerang and a bunch of other supervillains and their henchman and goons over the years had taken him out. There was pictures I saw of Deathstroke having two  encounters Flash. And in both occasions Deathstroke easily overcame Wally. Speed isn't everything man.

Plus if you want to not count the only times the characters have encountered each other, and only their own games. Then I still side with Mario. I've never played the latest adventure game Mario Galaxy because I don't own a Wii, but before that game most Mario games were his sport games. And in those games Mario characters were pretty darn powerful."

Well, if you haven't noticed, Flash being defeated by his own enemies is common for the simple fact that his OWN enemies are supposed to beat him, obviously. And, Deathstroke being able to beat him and the Justice League on his own was written for the sake of the story, and for the fact that he prepared to fight them (And, he didn't even fight the whole League. Where was Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman?). Realistically, he wouldn't have stood a chance against Flash, or Green Lantern. Put Deathstroke in a battle with the Flash or Green Lantern here on Comic Vine, and then you tell me who would win. And, in Sonic's own games, isn't the player the one controlling him, and not the character himself?

In any case, for someone who moves as fast as Sonic does, how could Mario even hit him? That's my question. How could he deal with someone who moves and reacts at superhuman speeds? Let me know when you come up with something...
Avatar image for extrastupidsupersnitch
extrastupidsupersnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd vote for sonic.

Has anyone ever mentioned a Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Quicksilver match?

Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Bart Simpson
Static Shock said:
Well, if you haven't noticed, Flash being defeated by his own enemies is common for the simple fact that his OWN enemies are supposed to beat him, obviously. And, Deathstroke being able to beat him and the Justice League on his own was written for the sake of the story, and for the fact that he prepared to fight them (And, he didn't even fight the whole League. Where was Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman?). Realistically, he wouldn't have stood a chance against Flash, or Green Lantern. Put Deathstroke in a battle with the Flash or Green Lantern here on Comic Vine, and then you tell me who would win. And, in Sonic's own games, isn't the player the one controlling him, and not the character himself?

In any case, for someone who moves as fast as Sonic does, how could Mario even hit him? That's my question. How could he deal with someone who moves and reacts at superhuman speeds? Let me know when you come up with something..."

What does the Justice League have anything to do with this? I didn't even bring them up you did. While Deathstroke did took down Flash when he fought them, he didn't even win that fight. He got careless near the end then the other members got up and beat him up. The other example I was talking about was an occasion when Deathstroke was getting away and Flash chased after him. Then Deathstroke sticked out his staff and had Flash run into it. And what do you mean by of course Flash is suppose to lose to his rogues? Batman's rogues are more powerful than he is, but Batman has done better against his rogues than Flash has done against his. Infact Batman has beaten Flash. Plus take a look everytime Flash is in a team battling some big baddy. He's usually not even the main hero fighting the bad guy. He's often one of the support crew. What does that say? Also not everyone loses to their rogues. Take a look at someone like John McClane (Die Hard) who hasn't ever been beaten by his enemies. I can't think of one example of the guy being taken down or knock out by his enemies.

As for Sonic so what if someone is playing as Sonic? They're still Sonic with all of his powers and abilities. Therefore they should be able to move so fast that no one can ever hit them or react to them, but that's not the case, it's the exact opposite. Futhermore if you look at any medium you'll see that speedsters had always lost to slower adversaries. Most of the time they were human speed level opponents. But I'm going to take my argument a step further and even use an excellent real world example. If what you're saying is true then why is it that people actually believe that the slower you go the safer it is? You rarely hear stories of people travelling at 30mph getting in a wreck. It's usually the people travelling at 100+mph that crashes. But how could that be? They'll be moving faster than anything else in the area and none of those things will ever be able to keep and hit them.

So to answer your question how does Soinc get hit? Simple the same way every other fast moving thing gets hit. By moving too fast that they end up in the path of many obstacles in the way and are unable to maneuver in time to avoid a collision course. Whether the obstacle is from Mario or the enviroment doesn't matter. By the way here's my question for you. While Sonic is using his speed to keep a safe distance from Mario. What exactly will he be doing offensively to beat Mario since Mario is the one with range attacks not him? Call Mario names and make faces and hope it proves to be lethal to Mario?
Hubris-Mantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hubris-Mantis

Sonic beats Mario any day of the week.SuperSonic can fly.

MC Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By MC Hammer

Sonic wins before Mario can even hurt him.

HAMMER HAS SPOKEN!

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Static Shock
Bart Simpson said:
"What does the Justice League have anything to do with this? I didn't even bring them up you did. While Deathstroke did took down Flash when he fought them, he didn't even win that fight. He got careless near the end then the other members got up and beat him up. The other example I was talking about was an occasion when Deathstroke was getting away and Flash chased after him. Then Deathstroke sticked out his staff and had Flash run into it. And what do you mean by of course Flash is suppose to lose to his rogues? Batman's rogues are more powerful than he is, but Batman has done better against his rogues than Flash has done against his. Infact Batman has beaten Flash. Plus take a look everytime Flash is in a team battling some big baddy. He's usually not even the main hero fighting the bad guy. He's often one of the support crew. What does that say? Also not everyone loses to their rogues. Take a look at someone like John McClane (Die Hard) who hasn't ever been beaten by his enemies. I can't think of one example of the guy being taken down or knock out by his enemies.

As for Sonic so what if someone is playing as Sonic? They're still Sonic with all of his powers and abilities. Therefore they should be able to move so fast that no one can ever hit them or react to them, but that's not the case, it's the exact opposite. Futhermore if you look at any medium you'll see that speedsters had always lost to slower adversaries. Most of the time they were human speed level opponents. But I'm going to take my argument a step further and even use an excellent real world example. If what you're saying is true then why is it that people actually believe that the slower you go the safer it is? You rarely hear stories of people travelling at 30mph getting in a wreck. It's usually the people travelling at 100+mph that crashes. But how could that be? They'll be moving faster than anything else in the area and none of those things will ever be able to keep and hit them.

So to answer your question how does Soinc get hit? Simple the same way every other fast moving thing gets hit. By moving too fast that they end up in the path of many obstacles in the way and are unable to maneuver in time to avoid a collision course. Whether the obstacle is from Mario or the enviroment doesn't matter. By the way here's my question for you. While Sonic is using his speed to keep a safe distance from Mario. What exactly will he be doing offensively to beat Mario since Mario is the one with range attacks not him? Call Mario names and make faces and hope it proves to be lethal to Mario?"

This doesn't answer my question. Nor did I say that Sonic would have to keep a safe disatance from Mario.... And, even if Mario has ranged attacks, he can't hit someone who can move past the speed of sound with them even if he wanted to. Sonic could hit Mario before Mario could hit Sonic. The speed is on Sonic's side, so there's isn't a legit way for Mario to cope with it. I think I'm about done here... You can support Mario as long as you want, but you haven't come up with a way for him to win... So, it's whatever, pimptight...
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bart Simpson
Static Shock said:
This doesn't answer my question. Nor did I say that Sonic would have to keep a safe disatance from Mario.... And, even if Mario has ranged attacks, he can't hit someone who can move past the speed of sound with them even if he wanted to. Sonic could hit Mario before Mario could hit Sonic. The speed is on Sonic's side, so there's isn't a legit way for Mario to cope with it. I think I'm about done here... You can support Mario as long as you want, but you haven't come up with a way for him to win... So, it's whatever, pimptight..."

I haven't come up with a way for Mario to win? What have you come up with? You've been saying the same thing over and over. "Sonic is too fast for Mario to react. Mario's too slow to ever hit Sonic. The End." And yeah the speed is on Sonic's side. Well the speed is on Sonic's side in the Smash Bros games considering Sonic's the fastest character there, didn't stop the other characters from killing him.

Speed is by far the most overrated power I've seen out there. It's a poor man's time manipulation, yet people act as if they're the same thing. There are even some douchebags out there (not talking about you Static, but people on other sites I've encountered) who believe speed trumps time manipulation. WTF??!!!!!

And I've stated plenty of things that contradict your statements. Like how Flash a character who leaves Sonic eating his dust has been beaten plenty of times by human speed level opponents. Or how about Quicksilver a character just as fast as Sonic has been beaten countless times by the X-men who don't have a single speedster or time manipulater on their team. Or how about the X-men movies where Callisto if faster than Storm, yet Storm killed her. Then there's the real life example where it's widely acknowledged that the faster you go the more likely an accident is going to occur. Or how about the Sonic games themselves where the majority of Sonic's enemies from typical enemies to bosses are slower than Sonic, yet players keep on dying from them. But how could that be? Sonic's too fast for any of them to react and are too slow to ever hit Sonic?

Futhermore if speedsters are so unbeatable than why are they typically portray as mid-level threats at best rather than the top tough guys? But maybe what you want is detailed description of how Mario hits Sonic. I imagine it will be something like this.

Sonic charges at Mario and Mario does one of the following:

- Have Sonic run into Mario's fist
- Have Sonic run into Mario's foot
- Grabs Sonic and throws him a far distance
- Smash one of these things into Sonic's face

- Move out of the way and smash one of those bombs at Sonic just as he's stopping to turning around. Mario has evaded and blocked all sorts of projectiles like fireballs, bombs and even jumped on bullets bills whatever you want ot consider that and even a villianous sun diving at him in the past. Don't see what makes Sonic so special and that was Mario back in his 2D platform games when he was weaker.
- Once stage one is done and Sonic is on the ground he follows it up with a barrage of range attacks like the one in the video.
- Or do one of charge up attacks that Mario characters been doing alot in their sport games where objects they throw or hit becomes a lethal projectile with fire/energy or even rainbows surrounding them.
- Or he runs up to Sonic, grabs him then begins beating on him.

Though there's actually alot Mario can do to Sonic. Now can any of you Sonic supporters actually give a legitamtate explanation how Sonic beats Mario besides the same old lame "Sonic's too fast for Mario to react and he'll never hit Sonic". Considering I just cited examples from comics, movies, games and real life that contradicts fast things being hittable. Where among the fast things included Sonic himself. Oh and here's one for you guys. Can you give me an example of Sonic killing one of his bosses before they have a chance to react? Since I don't recall something like this happening  since ever.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Sparda
Bart Simpson said:
"Can you give me an example of Sonic killing one of his bosses before they have a chance to react? Since I don't recall something like this happening  since ever."

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: Sonic dispatches the Golem boss (in the Evil storyline) in the Pyramid level before it can do just about anything.

Don't really care about the rest of the post, just felt like answering that.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

This is still going?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Methos
Vance Astro said:
"This is still going?"

stupidity is always ongoing...

M
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Perfect Cell

I saw a Sonic X comic book awhile back; several Robotnic Clones where going after him with swords and connon balls, and and all the swords were breaking and bending while they hit Sonic.

Anyways, this doesn't mean a definite win for Sonic, but Mario also has power upgrades and such too. Like Cape Mario is basically "Super Mario".  But then there's also Metal and Star Mario so I don't really know. What I do know though; is that despite Mario being the "godfather" of gaming, Sonic is still widely popular  due to having cooler games and just being over all "cool" altogether.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Sparda
Perfect Cell said:
"I saw a Sonic X comic book awhile back; several Robotnic Clones where going after him with swords and connon balls, and and all the swords were breaking and bending while they hit Sonic.

Anyways, this doesn't mean a definite win for Sonic, but Mario also has power upgrades and such too. Like Cape Mario is basically "Super Mario".  But then there's also Metal and Star Mario so I don't really know. What I do know though; is that despite Mario being the "godfather" of gaming, Sonic is still widely popular  due to having cooler games and just being over all "cool" altogether.

"

I love Sonic as much as the next person, but WereHogs, mentally "slow" cats and horrendous camera angles are not cool to me. :P
Bart Simpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Bart Simpson
Sparda said:
"Bart Simpson said:
"Can you give me an example of Sonic killing one of his bosses before they have a chance to react? Since I don't recall something like this happening  since ever."

Sonic Adventure 2 Battle: Sonic dispatches the Golem boss (in the Evil storyline) in the Pyramid level before it can do just about anything.

You mean this guy?

Um... it was reacting a plenty to Sonic.  It just missed a lot of it's hits due to the fact it's a big, slow amateur boss who can't do anything to you once you climb on it's back. A lot of video game characters could had killed that guy without getting hit.

Perfect Cell said:
"I saw a Sonic X comic book awhile back; several Robotnic Clones where going after him with swords and connon balls, and and all the swords were breaking and bending while they hit Sonic.

Static Shock doesn't even want us to reference certain games, so a comic book should be a definite no no.

Methos said:
"Vance Astro said:
"This is still going?"

M"

Okay fine I'm going to take you guys advice and pull back from this thread. If my point didn't come across now, it never will. Don't even know why I was defending Mario so much since he's not even my favorite video game character or even Mario character. I like Luigi more, but Yoshi is my favorite.
Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Sparda
Bart Simpson said:
"Sparda said:
"Bart Simpson said:

You mean this guy?

Um... it was reacting a plenty to Sonic.  It just missed a lot of it's hits due to the fact it's a big, slow amateur boss who can't do anything to you once you climb on it's back. A lot of video game characters could had killed that guy without getting hit.

Perfect Cell said:

Static Shock doesn't even want us to reference certain games, so a comic book should be a definite no no.

Methos said:
"Vance Astro said:
"This is still going?"

M"

Okay fine I'm going to take you guys advice and pull back from this thread. If my point didn't come across now, it never will. Don't even know why I was defending Mario so much since he's not even my favorite video game character or even Mario character. I like Luigi more, but Yoshi is my favorite.
"
No....in the EVIL storyline, when he does a jumpkick, takes the device off the Golem's head, and leaves it to Eggman.

Before it can do anything.
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Swagga Boy

Sonic wins curbstomp

Sephirim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Sephirim
Swagga Boy said:
"Sonic wins curbstomp"
Pallu Project

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Pallu Project

Ho hum. Little critter running at the speed of light with spikes that can rend metal.... Plummer on mush.. Hard deci- Sonic.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Sparda..I meant no disrespect to you.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Static Shock
Bart Simpson said:
"I haven't come up with a way for Mario to win? What have you come up with? You've been saying the same thing over and over. "Sonic is too fast for Mario to react. Mario's too slow to ever hit Sonic. The End." And yeah the speed is on Sonic's side. Well the speed is on Sonic's side in the Smash Bros games considering Sonic's the fastest character there, didn't stop the other characters from killing him.

Speed is by far the most overrated power I've seen out there. It's a poor man's time manipulation, yet people act as if they're the same thing. There are even some douchebags out there (not talking about you Static, but people on other sites I've encountered) who believe speed trumps time manipulation. WTF??!!!!!
I have. Saying that Sonic moves too fast for Mario to hit him would also imply that Sonic could hit Mario tons of times before he could do anything and that the fight would be over before it starts. And, you're referencing a game that isn't Sonic's game and not taking into account how fast Sonic moves and reacts after I just said to keep it original.

Bart Simpson said:
"Static Shock doesn't even want us to reference certain games, so a comic book should be a definite no no."

You referenced games that aren't even his games, like Smash Bros and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games. You didn't even reference his own games, but you want to talk about crossover games!? If Sonic is known for moving past the speed of sound (supersonic), then that's what he's doing in his own games. In the games you mentioned, his speed is toned down so other characters could compete with him. It wouldn't make sense to have Sonic as the fastest and most dominate character in those games, now would it?

Bart Simpson said:
"Or how about the Sonic games themselves where the majority of Sonic's enemies from typical enemies to bosses are slower than Sonic, yet players keep on dying from them. But how could that be? Sonic's too fast for any of them to react and are too slow to ever hit Sonic?"
So, I guess the player is required to react as fast as Sonic too, right? And, besides, how do you if there aren't any players out there that find it relatively easy to avoid the enemies in the game? People play games at different skill levels. Some find it difficult to avoid enemies without harm. Others find it simple...
Swagga Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Swagga Boy
Sephirim said:
"Swagga Boy said:
"Sonic wins curbstomp"
"
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By HalJordan1986x

At least Mario has better games : /

The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By The Hottness

Sonic son!  Super Sonic would whip Super Mario's ass

Villelater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Villelater

1.Mario has more control and doesn't slide when he misses
2.Mario has better skill
3.if Sonic's spikes are sharp how come tails can do what he does?
4.Mario has also battled foes worse then Sonic
5.if Mario dodges with a Jump he can stick his foot behind the small space on sonic's back and rip his arms off
6. if Sonic does a Homing attack Mario will jump-kick him
7.Mario does not need rings for health and will become temporally invincable when hit and will attack
8. Mario could keep Jumping making Sonic mess up and get a attack in
9.Mario has hit a speeding arrow at point Blank so he can hit Sonic
10. Mario is clever...as soon as Sonic stops too say something he hits Sonic

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Static Shock
Villelater said:
"1.Mario has more control and doesn't slide when he misses
2.Mario has better skill
5.if Mario dodges with a Jump he can stick his foot behind the small space on sonic's back and rip his arms off
7.Mario does not need rings for health and will become temporally invincable when hit and will attack
10. Mario is clever...as soon as Sonic stops too say something he hits Sonic"
So, Mario can react to somone who moves past the speed of sound. OK....
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By HalJordan1986x

Be careful sonic might turn into a werehog : / god that game sucked

sega let sonic die now

Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Acheron
Villelater said:
"1.Mario has more control and doesn't slide when he misses
2.Mario has better skill
10. Mario is clever...as soon as Sonic stops too say something he hits Sonic"

1. That's because when Mario has said control, he's not moving at his fastest speed.
2. Skill based on what, exactly?
3. He can't. When was the last time he did? Sonic The Hedgehog 3?
4. Such as?
5. Mario lacks the reaction time, and would miss. Plus, I seriously doubt it. Sonic would keep on running while Mario was holding onto his arms. Also: spikes
6. Again, spikes.
7. Unless he has a mushroom, Mario dies from one hit. In all of the newer games, he's never hit with something actually moving as fast as a bullet :/
8. He can't dodge something moving that fast.
9. A speeding arrow? When? And an arrow doesn't equal a bullet.
10. And miss. Super reaction times and super-speed and all that.

This battle is ridiculous.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By gunswordfist
Static Shock said:
"

Well, who takes this fight?

"

Is this a joke Static?! lol Speed aside, Sonic could just spin dash in place and Mario would get shredded into pieces while trying to jump on him.
Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By gunswordfist
Heart of Infinity said:
"

Dormammu says:

"He could use the slim Pixl, and stand still... Sonic would be clueless and not know where he is. When Sonic walks by Mario, Mario would break his neck."

Lamo

Here are my situational outcomes

Sonic vs Mario- Sonic (speed agility)

Sonic vs Fire Mario (flower)- Mario if he can hit Sonic but i am not sure if he really could

Fire Sonic (fire box) vs Fire Mario (flower)- Sonic easily his fire sheild is impervious to all fire (even walk on lava) and he can turn into a giant fireball. (if sonic was in the mario games he would make Bowser look like a joke with that shield)

Metal Mario vs Sonic- I dont see how sonic could hurt metal mario in this state but mario is slower

Star Mario vs Invicible box sonic- Star power is cooler but they both give the same effect so it would be the same as regular sonic vs regular mario

Chaos Sonic vs any version of mario= Sonic wins pretty quickly

"
Ummmmm...Sonic smashes robots every day of the week. Metal Mario would get smashed into little pieces. And only Super Mario Bros. 3 Star power is cooler than Sonic's invincibility box.
Baby Vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Baby Vegeta

Sonic

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By gunswordfist
Perfect Cell said:
"I love both of their games, but Sonic games feel more entertaining (Action-wise) Mario is good too, but his RPG games (Mario RPG and Paper Mario) seems best for him.

Mario is indeed the Godfather to Gaming, Sonic wins just because he's cooler.
"

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is the greatest platformer period.Static Shock said:
"Bart Simpson said:
"Sonic unbeatable? Sonic's not even unbeatable in his own games. For an alleged unhittable character players sure die alot by much slower enemies while using him. And if you want to bring up Flash, then by your logic Flash should be unbeatable because most of his rogues are human speed level characters. But wait a minute in his books Flash isn't unbeatable. Mirror Master has taken him down. So did Captain Boomerang and a bunch of other supervillains and their henchman and goons over the years had taken him out. There was pictures I saw of Deathstroke having two  encounters Flash. And in both occasions Deathstroke easily overcame Wally. Speed isn't everything man.

Plus if you want to not count the only times the characters have encountered each other, and only their own games. Then I still side with Mario. I've never played the latest adventure game Mario Galaxy because I don't own a Wii, but before that game most Mario games were his sport games. And in those games Mario characters were pretty darn powerful."

In any case, for someone who moves as fast as Sonic does, how could Mario even hit him? That's my question. How could he deal with someone who moves and reacts at superhuman speeds? Let me know when you come up with something..."
Actually, Batman was in that fight. He jumped on One Eyed Slade Wilson at the end of the fight then that of course triggered a major flashback...
Acheron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Acheron
gunswordfist said:
"Heart of Infinity said:
"

Dormammu says:

"He could use the slim Pixl, and stand still... Sonic would be clueless and not know where he is. When Sonic walks by Mario, Mario would break his neck."

Lamo

Sonic vs Fire Mario (flower)- Mario if he can hit Sonic but i am not sure if he really could

Fire Sonic (fire box) vs Fire Mario (flower)- Sonic easily his fire sheild is impervious to all fire (even walk on lava) and he can turn into a giant fireball. (if sonic was in the mario games he would make Bowser look like a joke with that shield)

Metal Mario vs Sonic- I dont see how sonic could hurt metal mario in this state but mario is slower

Star Mario vs Invicible box sonic- Star power is cooler but they both give the same effect so it would be the same as regular sonic vs regular mario

"
Ummmmm...Sonic smashes robots every day of the week. Metal Mario would get smashed into little pieces. And only Super Mario Bros. 3 Star power is cooler than Sonic's invincibility box."
To be fair, robots are usually somewhat hollow on the inside (wires and breathing space so they don't overheat, joints, such and such). Metal Mario is completely metal, through and through. Sonic would break his hand hitting that :/
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Static Shock
gunswordfist said:
"Is this a joke Static?! lol Speed aside, Sonic could just spin dash in place and Mario would get shredded into pieces while trying to jump on him."

I've been making a case for Sonic this whole fight. LOL.
Braise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Braise

Sonic. Sonic. Sonic. Sonic. Sonic. Sonic. Sonic.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By gunswordfist
Acheron said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Heart of Infinity said:
"

Dormammu says:

Lamo

"
Ummmmm...Sonic smashes robots every day of the week. Metal Mario would get smashed into little pieces. And only Super Mario Bros. 3 Star power is cooler than Sonic's invincibility box."
To be fair, robots are usually somewhat hollow on the inside (wires and breathing space so they don't overheat, joints, such and such). Metal Mario is completely metal, through and through. Sonic would break his hand hitting that :/"

If he's hollow then Metal Mario would be a brain dead statue. lol But seriously, I doubt Metal Mario is tougher than absolutely all of the Robotnik robots/machines Sonic has beaten. I say Sonic 2's Egg Emperor is tougher than Metal Mario.Static Shock said:
"gunswordfist said:
"Is this a joke Static?! lol Speed aside, Sonic could just spin dash in place and Mario would get shredded into pieces while trying to jump on him."

I've been making a case for Sonic this whole fight. LOL."
Yeah I heard all of what you said. It's painful to fight against crazy fanboys. They'll always say whatever character they like more is stronger no matter what. Someone could have both characters come in a room, have a fight where their character gets killed and they would STILL say he could win. lol
Lantern Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Lantern Prime

I love both. I cant ever choose between tha 2

ecsnclr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By ecsnclr

"Shut uppa your face"
LOL

Obtrusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Obtrusive

Sonic, if he spins he can't be hurt.  Mario only wins when landing on something not spiky.  Either way sonic will tag in knuckles and mario will tag in luigi and knuckles would own.

Villelater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Villelater

hey wait a Minute...if Sonic spikes are sharp why is it Tails and a few other characters that have no spikes can do what he does? and if Sonic tags Knuckles in...Mario will tag Wario or Donkey Kong in

Marvel Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Marvel Knight
Villelater said:
"hey wait a Minute...if Sonic spikes are sharp why is it Tails and a few other characters that have no spikes can do what he does? and if Sonic tags Knuckles in...Mario will tag Wario or Donkey Kong in"
In Sonic games/comics, characters can't spin dash like him now. The only ones who did in the past were Tails and Knuckles, but recently they no longer do so and its only the Hedgehogs.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Static Shock
Villelater said:
"hey wait a Minute...if Sonic spikes are sharp why is it Tails and a few other characters that have no spikes can do what he does? and if Sonic tags Knuckles in...Mario will tag Wario or Donkey Kong in"
Obtrusive said:
"Sonic, if he spins he can't be hurt.  Mario only wins when landing on something not spiky.  Either way sonic will tag in knuckles and mario will tag in luigi and knuckles would own."
They aren't in the battle.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By gunswordfist
Static Shock said:
"Villelater said:
Obtrusive said:
"Sonic, if he spins he can't be hurt.  Mario only wins when landing on something not spiky.  Either way sonic will tag in knuckles and mario will tag in luigi and knuckles would own."
They aren't in the battle."

Whoa Static, I feel for you for doing this topic. Fanboys will come up with ANYTHING to have their characters win.
HalJordan1986x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By HalJordan1986x

at least mario has better games