Rick (Rick & Morty) vs The Doctor (Dr Who)

• 137 results
Ruudiluca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe if the Doctor and Reed Richards get together they might have a chance. =)

CartoonLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say this as hands down the biggest Rick and Morty fan on the planet. Rick cannot time travel the doctor can. GG

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#104 JediXMan  Moderator

The Doctor. He's just better.

TheDeathstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Rick

JackKira89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We already know The Doctor known as the Eleventh destroyed a cyberman fleet with ease all because "someone made him mad"

The Daleks fear the Doctor because of the War Doctor's doings during the war.

We seen the doctor fight robin hood, and a alien chief-ten in sword combat thus showing the doctor does have a personal skill in the art of sword fighting.

The Doctor really doens't need guns to kill his enemies. He uses a box, a screwdriver, and his mind to do it.

Also not all ricks are like our rick. Our Rick is the RICKEST of the Ricks. Much like the Doctor is thee timelord of timelords. So in short you are putting the best Rick against the Best doctor. However only thing is all of the doctors feats stands. What one rick does than the other rick do not count for that is a different rick that does not retain the memories of the other rick. The Doctor can get away with it because in the end the Doctor is still the Doctor despite body he may take. However each new form takes a certain personality he last remembers emotional wise so if you dare make him angry when you kill him then the doctor's new form will be a doctor that will already have a more fight style mindset than the previous doctor. Of course rick will call bs on it out of anger lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackkira89: did you not read the op or what? It's thee best rick vs the doctor...

JackKira89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp I know that.....I am saying that even with other ricks they may be smart like rick however they are all inferior to him. With the Doctor and his 13 each of them are equal and the timelords in general share similar aspects with the doctor but of-course the doctor is the best timelord.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jackkira89: so again it comes down to the best doctor bs best rick so the whole point about saying

"Also not all ricks are like our rick. Our Rick is the RICKEST of the Ricks. Much like the Doctor is thee timelord of timelords. So in short you are putting the best Rick against the Best doctor. However only thing is all of the doctors feats stands. What one rick does than the other rick do not count for that is a different rick that does not retain the memories of the other rick."

Just seemed kind of pointless because we got the smartest rick which means everything the other ricks have done he can do so..... yeah

Avatar image for darkroseironavenger
DarkRoseIronAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rick. I mean come on. He turned himself into a pickle and went on to make weapons from halo and kill men and women rather easily.

He can travel through dimensions.

He beat an omnipotent character , completely destroyed a galatic government , and was able to out think an entire citadel filled with minds just as smart as him.

Rick would murderstomp the doctor with no contest.

Avatar image for back_stabbath95
Back_stabbath95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

skip to 1:45 case closed

Loading Video...

LocusTheSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor ftw

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cor_Tsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i know of the Doctor he should win.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a prep battle, The Doctor. In a fight, Rick.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor even Rick compares himself to him

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ParagonNate

That's....not really a point in the Doctor's favor. Making a comparison because their both incredibly intelligent and can time travel and have wacky adventures doesn't automatically mean Rick is saying the Doctor is his superior. It's likely he does it as a reference because the Doctor is just well known in popular culture.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 thelocust619  Online

The Doctor seems to be able to use any technology...period, whether he's seen it before or not, and moreso he can use it fluently and quickly become aware of unintended functions (such as the proper place to strike a tech to make it do something). His h2h is based mostly on his intelligence, allowing him to run through war zones unscathed or disable trained fighters in matters of pure skill. His standard tech includes a Plot Device. I mean sonic screwdriver.

Rick has far greater physical agility and h2h potential, but is more fallible as far as implementing a melee syrategy. His standard tech includes a multiversal portal gun, a handheld laser gun, several different force field projectors, auto-targeting omnidirectional energy weapons, and a wrist laser. Rick is also fully aware he is a fictional character performing for an audience.

With prep, the Doctor can manipulate any device Rick has and turn it on him, as well as, IMO, deducing Rick's origin to put a weaker version of him self at risk.

Random encounter, the Doctor would have few ways if any past Rick's basic defenses and would probably fail to distract him long enough to weasel his way out.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

That's....not really a point in the Doctor's favor. Making a comparison because their both incredibly intelligent and can time travel and have wacky adventures doesn't automatically mean Rick is saying the Doctor is his superior. It's likely he does it as a reference because the Doctor is just well known in popular culture.

I know bro/sis just showing how awesome the Doctor is that rick uses him for his God complex. The doctor still wins nothing rick has compares to the energy levels of the Tardis.

eaglepoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I start this without having picked a side myself. There are a lot of interesting points people have made, and this seems more evenly matched than I think a lot of people realize.

• H2H - Rick is violent regularly, and he seems quite adept at it. But as someone pointed out, The Doctor took on Robin Hood in a dual handily - with a spoon. Point: Doctor.
  • Mobility: They can both travel through space on a whim. The Doctor can similarly move through time, but Rick can move through an infinite number of dimensions. The Time Lords used to be able to do that too, but they can't anymore. The few times the last few Doctors have gone to another dimension, it seemed incredibly difficult, haphazard, and the TARDIS needed to recharge, or if it stayed too long it would die. Not to mention the portal gun is just point and shoot, whereas the TARDIS takes a minute to get anywhere, even just through space. By the time the Doctor follows Rick to just the next galaxy over, Rick could have made a dozen additional jumps through several universes. Point: Rick
  • Time vs. Multiverse travel: A few commenters have pointed out that The Doctor could just find Rick as a helpless baby and alter his life from there. I'd say this is questionable, as the Doctor repeatedly talks about how you can't alter the past once you're part of that timeline's future. He would only contemplate this if he had never actually met Rick before. Furthermore, the Doctor would have to find baby Rick, and the series starts in what becomes the Cronenberg Universe (Universe C-137), but continues in another universe. And we can't even be sure if the Rick we know even came from the universe C-137 in the first place. Plus, Rick could hop into a universe with a shittier Doctor and steal his TARDIS. Point: Rick
  • Technology 1: A lot of people keep saying that the TARDIS is the most powerful thing ever. It's powered by a collapsing black hole caught by Time Lords and frozen in a moment in time. Rick's ship that he basically build in his garage is powered by a universe Rick created (including life sufficiently intelligent and sentient that it created another universe inside itself) in a time distortion field Rick created. I think it's fair to say Rick could have put a black hole in the universe he created. Point: Rick
  • Technology 2: Sonic Screwdriver (I was sure this would go to the Doctor, but...). this is kind of an annoying, poorly defined plot device. Seems to do everything and anything, when convenient, but it has 1 weakness: wood. The sonic could possibly disable any of Rick's gadgets. While I'm sure Rick would makes some interesting, lethal wooden implements, I'm sure the Doctor could too. But the Sonic has a second weakness: "Deadlock seals," that seemingly crop up randomly, regardless of when the Doctor is and what species he's dealing with. Even humans in the future have shown themselves to have deadlock capabilities. And if Humans can do it, Rick can do it. Point: Rick
  • Ingenuity: The Doctor built a crappy Tardis when he got stranded in a bubble universe. Rick made a universe. With intelligent, sentient life. So, the Doctor occasionally plays at being God, but Rick made himself a God. Also, I don't think we've ever even seen Rick sober. Everything he's done, he's been shit-faced and occasionally just passed out. Point: Rick
  • The Doctor gets an additional point for creating infinite space in his Tardis though.

Yeah, I think this is pretty solidly in the bag for Rick.

tj849

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Doc stomps overrated Rick

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I start this without having picked a side myself. There are a lot of interesting points people have made, and this seems more evenly matched than I think a lot of people realize.

• H2H - Rick is violent regularly, and he seems quite adept at it. But as someone pointed out, The Doctor took on Robin Hood in a dual handily - with a spoon. Point: Doctor.
  • Mobility: They can both travel through space on a whim. The Doctor can similarly move through time, but Rick can move through an infinite number of dimensions. The Time Lords used to be able to do that too, but they can't anymore. The few times the last few Doctors have gone to another dimension, it seemed incredibly difficult, haphazard, and the TARDIS needed to recharge, or if it stayed too long it would die. Not to mention the portal gun is just point and shoot, whereas the TARDIS takes a minute to get anywhere, even just through space. By the time the Doctor follows Rick to just the next galaxy over, Rick could have made a dozen additional jumps through several universes. Point: Rick
  • Time vs. Multiverse travel: A few commenters have pointed out that The Doctor could just find Rick as a helpless baby and alter his life from there. I'd say this is questionable, as the Doctor repeatedly talks about how you can't alter the past once you're part of that timeline's future. He would only contemplate this if he had never actually met Rick before. Furthermore, the Doctor would have to find baby Rick, and the series starts in what becomes the Cronenberg Universe (Universe C-137), but continues in another universe. And we can't even be sure if the Rick we know even came from the universe C-137 in the first place. Plus, Rick could hop into a universe with a shittier Doctor and steal his TARDIS. Point: Rick
  • Technology 1: A lot of people keep saying that the TARDIS is the most powerful thing ever. It's powered by a collapsing black hole caught by Time Lords and frozen in a moment in time. Rick's ship that he basically build in his garage is powered by a universe Rick created (including life sufficiently intelligent and sentient that it created another universe inside itself) in a time distortion field Rick created. I think it's fair to say Rick could have put a black hole in the universe he created. Point: Rick
  • Technology 2: Sonic Screwdriver (I was sure this would go to the Doctor, but...). this is kind of an annoying, poorly defined plot device. Seems to do everything and anything, when convenient, but it has 1 weakness: wood. The sonic could possibly disable any of Rick's gadgets. While I'm sure Rick would makes some interesting, lethal wooden implements, I'm sure the Doctor could too. But the Sonic has a second weakness: "Deadlock seals," that seemingly crop up randomly, regardless of when the Doctor is and what species he's dealing with. Even humans in the future have shown themselves to have deadlock capabilities. And if Humans can do it, Rick can do it. Point: Rick
  • Ingenuity: The Doctor built a crappy Tardis when he got stranded in a bubble universe. Rick made a universe. With intelligent, sentient life. So, the Doctor occasionally plays at being God, but Rick made himself a God. Also, I don't think we've ever even seen Rick sober. Everything he's done, he's been shit-faced and occasionally just passed out. Point: Rick
  • The Doctor gets an additional point for creating infinite space in his Tardis though.

Yeah, I think this is pretty solidly in the bag for Rick.

On your technology point, you're missing out on the fact a TARDIS is literally made out of mathematical modeling, and said modeling can be used to build universes bigger in scope than the ones Rick made. And a TARDIS can do quite a bit more than a portal gun.

On your second tech point, OP says standard gear, and Rick doesn't carry around wooden gear or deadlock sealed gear with him normally. Everything on him can be shut down by the sonic. And a deadlock wouldn't factor at all into how a gun works, so that's pretty irrelevant to Rick trying to fight the Doctor.

The Doctor's built universes before too. Protect and Survive is about to of his companions accidentally getting stuck in a time looped pocket universe the Doctor built to contain eldritch abominations by forcing them to live as humans over and over again. And that feat, for Rick or the Doc, is pretty irrelevant to the fight the OP has set up.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f
deactivated-5d30ff90eed8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

Rick literally has a universe of himself led by a Council of Ricks from every every universe. You have 13 Doctors. We have infinite Ricks. The main thing about Rick is that 99% of the time he doesn't give a crap about what's going on around him. He only cares about whatever he happens to be working on at the time.

If Rick happens to be working on something that destroys the world with an infectious, mutatious plague, then instead of actually trying to fix it, he will simply find a universe that's near identical to his own and enter it at the moment that universes Rick and Morty are killed and just assume the same roles in that universe and not give two $hits about wrecking the previous universe.

Rick is quite literally Doctor Who on drugs.

You said that Rick has a whole universe to himself, The Doctor on the other essentially owns his own multiverse which infinitely more impressive. The Doctor could just back in time make an infinite number of himself, because he(unlike Rick)has mastered time travel. The Doctor has scared even more powerful opponents than Rick just by speaking to them, imagine what he would if he wanted Rick dead.

He took down the actual devil while Rick just beat a guy with goatee. Even if Rick was any real threat to The Doctor he could just retreat to the TARDIS, which is impenetrable. All you have proven is that Rick is an alcoholic sociopath who doesn't give a hoot about anything or anyone. The Doctor beats cosmic level beings on a daily weekly basis while Rick struggles with normal aliens.

Rick is quite literally a worthless drunk who wouldn't last a micro second against The Doctor.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodamnbatman: The TARDIS has been thrown off-kilter through time by outside forces, teleports living things inside itself as an emergency measure if it appears on top of them when moving through time and space (making it easily exploitable), and has been damaged in transit. And has been destroyed before. Claiming the TARDIS is impenetrable is absurd.

Rick has doomed entire universes because of things he screwed up and never bothered to fix them and has jumped enough universes that no one is really sure which one he originally came from. Rick is a 9th-Dimensional drunkard with power armor and enough gadgetry to make Batman jealous who built a robot with sentient to pass butter for him because he didn't want to have to reach for it himself.

Rick has dealt with cosmic stuff all the time and hops between realities without care. He turned himself into a pickle just for fun. He created a microverse to use as a car battery. Rick is effectively The Doctor, Drunk Tony Stark and Doc Brown rolled into one with even fewer morals.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@thegodamnbatman: The TARDIS has been thrown off-kilter through time by outside forces, teleports living things inside itself as an emergency measure if it appears on top of them when moving through time and space (making it easily exploitable), and has been damaged in transit. And has been destroyed before. Claiming the TARDIS is impenetrable is absurd.

Rick has doomed entire universes because of things he screwed up and never bothered to fix them and has jumped enough universes that no one is really sure which one he originally came from. Rick is a 9th-Dimensional drunkard with power armor and enough gadgetry to make Batman jealous who built a robot with sentient to pass butter for him because he didn't want to have to reach for it himself.

Rick has dealt with cosmic stuff all the time and hops between realities without care. He turned himself into a pickle just for fun. He created a microverse to use as a car battery. Rick is effectively The Doctor, Drunk Tony Stark and Doc Brown rolled into one with even fewer morals.

While I give you point you made about the TARDIS but all your doing is repeating the same points that make no difference. While he is like a drunk Tony Stark, saying he is like The Doctor and Doc Brown in one is ludicrous, he hasn't even built a time machine, and not for lack of trying.

No Caption Provided

He needed help from fourth dimensional the testicle alien to fix the uncertainty timeline split, which is something that The Doctor deals with on a regular basis.

The Doctor creates timelines and kills Gods as his job. In his spare time he makes two dimensional objects into three dimensional objects and three dimensional objects into two dimensional objects, casts people through the space-time continuum, saves universes in the pull of a lever, erases cracks in reality, makes a DNA scanner out of old junk, fights off hoards of aliens with nothing but a sonic screw driver, and a reverses reality consuming singularities with little to no effort.

Rick is impressive without a doubt, but The Doctor is simply out of his league.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76
deactivated-5b9c488ed7f76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor, Rick appeared like he was nerfed after Season 3 episode 1

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@thegodamnbatman said:

He needed help from fourth dimensional the testicle alien to fix the uncertainty timeline split, which is something that The Doctor deals with on a regular basis.

Eh I wouldn't say Rick needed help, it was Summer and Morty's fault that it all ended the way it did because they weren't sitting in the right spots, since they were being uncertain about where Rick was in their universe. I mean Rick was gonna fix it...then he just got paranoid.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegodamnbatman: It's not that Rick can't build a time machine, it's that he sees no point in doing so. Since screwing with his own timeline may screw him over, or it'll have no effect and he'll just be making another parallel dimension or affecting an existed parallel dimension. So there's just no point in any Rick time traveling. Didn't stop him from making a button that stops time for however long he feels like.

And no, the Doctor doesn't deal with time splits all the time. It rarely happens, and when it does, he does need help fixing it. Like that time he was supposed to be killed by River Song and her killing him fractured time, so he needed the help of Time Cops using a shape-shifting android to maintain continuity of the event while not actually being killed.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Doctor.

LPercepts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor has my vote.

LJayG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doctor, just cause everyone is sayin it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@thegodamnbatman: It's not that Rick can't build a time machine, it's that he sees no point in doing so. Since screwing with his own timeline may screw him over, or it'll have no effect and he'll just be making another parallel dimension or affecting an existed parallel dimension. So there's just no point in any Rick time traveling. Didn't stop him from making a button that stops time for however long he feels like.

And no, the Doctor doesn't deal with time splits all the time. It rarely happens, and when it does, he does need help fixing it. Like that time he was supposed to be killed by River Song and her killing him fractured time, so he needed the help of Time Cops using a shape-shifting android to maintain continuity of the event while not actually being killed.

My point was that The Doctor deals with time based problems on a regular basis(usually by himself). Anyway, pausing time and time-traveling are two different things. While he was able to pause time he has clearly dabbled with the construction time-travel technology and has never shown the ability to be able to travel through time. Rick simply doesn't have the feats to beat The Doctor. Rick has done nothing that The Doctor can't even more effectively, and The Doctor does many things that Rick likely can't do.

ManiacCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Doctor is smarter and more competent than Rick. Although Rick is incredibly smart, and has invented some amazing gadgets, the doctor is just on a whole different level. Easily able to create dimensionality transcendental machines, chameleon circuits, and sonic screwdrivers. Also, the doctor has stronger willpower, he stayed in a castle for four billion years, when he could have left at any point. Also, Rick was fooled by four simulations at the same time, the doctor has been able to spot being in a dream before. Just to top it off, the doctor stopped reality from ending at least three times. The end of time, the time war, and the reality bomb. Even though it wasn't him who stopped it physically, it was a clone who had his mind. The doctor destroys Rick