The Sea King vs The Fantastic Thing

Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Rush

Namor drowns him then goes out for Seafood.

Evil Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Evil Angel

Namor would win. I think he is stronger than thing plus has the other abilities.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Namor's faster and he can fly. So he can combine his stength speed and flight, to fly around Thing and hit him.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By the creator

Compare the combatants,

Strength: The Thing can lift approx 100 tonnes. Namor can lift this amount and maybe a bit more when in the sea. On land his strength level is around 85 tonnes, and this level does diminish with time outside of water - as he drys (reaching about 40 tonnes within several hours).

Endurance: When wet Namor has the advantage but on land, the Thing would have the advantage, as Namor's endurance will dimish with time (as per strength).

Durability: Both are very tough, able to withstand blows from super strong opponents but again I think that the Thing has superior protection.

Agility and Reaction Time: Namor definately has the advantage, being siginificantly faster than the Thing.

Fighting Ability: Both are combat veterans of many hand to hand encounters and I would say they are evenly matched.

Others: Namor can fly.

If the battle takes place on land, due to the durability of the air and their endurance, I could see the fight extending over a few hours before a victor emerges.

It would be quite a close fight on land and if the Thing prevents Namor getting wet to recharge, the Thing might just win. If Namor can recharge, with his speed and flight, he could then win (so location and availability of water plays a big part).

If near or in the sea, Namor wins without question.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

The_Creator says:

"Compare the combatants, Strength: The Thing can lift approx 100 tonnes. Namor can lift this amount and maybe a bit more when in the sea. On land his strength level is around 85 tonnes, and this level does diminish with time outside of water - as he drys (reaching about 40 tonnes within several hours). Endurance: When wet Namor has the advantage but on land, the Thing would have the advantage, as Namor's endurance will dimish with time (as per strength). Durability: Both are very tough, able to withstand blows from super strong opponents but again I think that the Thing has superior protection. Agility and Reaction Time: Namor definately has the advantage, being siginificantly faster than the Thing. Fighting Ability: Both are combat veterans of many hand to hand encounters and I would say they are evenly matched. Others: Namor can fly. If the battle takes place on land, due to the durability of the air and their endurance, I could see the fight extending over a few hours before a victor emerges. It would be quite a close fight on land and if the Thing prevents Namor getting wet to recharge, the Thing might just win. If Namor can recharge, with his speed and flight, he could then win (so location and availability of water plays a big part). If near or in the sea, Namor wins without question."

Excellent post Creator. I am inclined to agree with you.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By the creator

Eternal Chaos says:

"The_Creator says:
"Compare the combatants, Strength: The Thing can lift approx 100 tonnes. Namor can lift this amount and maybe a bit more when in the sea. On land his strength level is around 85 tonnes, and this level does diminish with time outside of water - as he drys (reaching about 40 tonnes within several hours). Endurance: When wet Namor has the advantage but on land, the Thing would have the advantage, as Namor's endurance will dimish with time (as per strength). Durability: Both are very tough, able to withstand blows from super strong opponents but again I think that the Thing has superior protection. Agility and Reaction Time: Namor definately has the advantage, being siginificantly faster than the Thing. Fighting Ability: Both are combat veterans of many hand to hand encounters and I would say they are evenly matched. Others: Namor can fly. If the battle takes place on land, due to the durability of the air and their endurance, I could see the fight extending over a few hours before a victor emerges. It would be quite a close fight on land and if the Thing prevents Namor getting wet to recharge, the Thing might just win. If Namor can recharge, with his speed and flight, he could then win (so location and availability of water plays a big part). If near or in the sea, Namor wins without question."
Excellent post Creator. I am inclined to agree with you."

Thanks.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Creator just about summed it up. Well said.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sling Shot

I could agree with you creator except I think Namor may be slightly more skilled than Thing in combat simply for the fact that he is extremely long lived and the king of an extremely dangerous and long lived kingdom. Not only would he be trained by some of the world's greatest warriors but to rule he would have to surpass them. Also he lives in the most hostile environment on earth and is accomplished enough to beat back mythical monsters of the deep and hordes of barbarian usurpers. In combat strength and speed are important but to be at Namor's level I would say he would have to have premium combat capability to be the terror that Namor is (or should be).

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By GambitO

NAMOR would take in an agile way

to THING to the water

this way NAMOR easily would keep the victory

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Eternal Chaos

At least we all agree Namor would win. I just think he needs a new look.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Sling Shot

What do you think that look looks like...like :)

Octagon Freak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Octagon Freak

For argument's sake, I'll say Thing.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sling Shot

Haaa!

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By the creator

Sling Shot says:

"I could agree with you creator except I think Namor may be slightly more skilled than Thing in combat simply for the fact that he is extremely long lived and the king of an extremely dangerous and long lived kingdom. Not only would he be trained by some of the world's greatest warriors but to rule he would have to surpass them. Also he lives in the most hostile environment on earth and is accomplished enough to beat back mythical monsters of the deep and hordes of barbarian usurpers. In combat strength and speed are important but to be at Namor's level I would say he would have to have premium combat capability to be the terror that Namor is (or should be)."

To be king does not always mean that you exceed your teachers.

Yes Namor has been around a long time but also don't forget that being a king means performing a lot of state duties, negotaiting treaties etc. He's not fighting barbarians all the time.

I don't think that he's training as a martial artist, more as a classic fighter - swords, hand weapons and general hand to hand. Also much of his training would have been directed to fighting underwater - not focussed on land where a fight behaves differently.

This is why I chose to say that they would be even as the fight would be most likely to occur on land - since the Thing cannot breath underwater but Namor can breath on land.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Sling Shot says:

"What do you think that look looks like...like :)"

Like he wouldn't be wearing those green tidy whities, he'd be wearing long black pants made from a sea dragon's skin. His hair would be longer, his eyes would be either a real icy blue or a Storm white, and he'd have on a ring made of some animal's bone.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

""

Not only is this a bad ass pic of the fight, but Namor looks better than he did in Gambit0's pic

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Ghostshell

One of my characters used to be based on Namor, he's a badass and would own the Thing.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Cool. But than again, almost everybody's owned the Thing.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eternal Chaos says:

"Cool. But than again, almost everybody's owned the Thing."

I know, he's never really come across as a tough guy, maybe back in the day but now he's just a punchline, after he went to France in Civil War there ain't no redemption from that in my book.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
I know, he's never really come across as a tough guy, maybe back in the day but now he's just a punchline, after he went to France in Civil War there ain't no redemption from that in my book."

Lol. I've never really thought of him as anything other than a big rock or a reject from LOTR. They could've done a better job with him.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
I know, he's never really come across as a tough guy, maybe back in the day but now he's just a punchline, after he went to France in Civil War there ain't no redemption from that in my book."

Lol. I've never really thought of him as anything other than a big rock or a reject from LOTR. They could've done a better job with him."

LMAO, I'm serious he's supposed to be a big guy from New York City right? Have you ever been to New York City, even the pigeons can kick your ass, no joke, I saw a cat jump up and and snatch one and the next thing I know the cat is dead and the pigeon looks at me and says, WTF are you staring at.
Post Edited:2007-07-22 15:14:13

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Lol. I've never really thought of him as anything other than a big rock or a reject from LOTR. They could've done a better job with him."
LMAO, I'm serious he's supposed to be a big guy from New York City right? Have you ever been to New York City, even the pigeons can kick your ass, no joke, I saw a cat jump up and and snatch one and the next thing I know the cat is dead and the pigeon looks at me and says, WTF are you staring at.
Post Edited:2007-07-22 15:14:13"

LMMFAO!!!!!! I've seen that before. He's from Brooklyn, I'm in the LES in Manhatten. NYC can be summed up in 3 words Scary Ass Place

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sling Shot

Atlantis can be summed up in 3 words your frickin doom.

namorsubby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By namorsubby

namor has always had the upperhand in their fights overall. namor has also one-shotted thing's strongest incarnation(pinapple thing, ON LAND. there's not much else to say.

namor on land, in water, in the air, everywhere

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator
namorsubby said:
namor has always had the upperhand in their fights overall. namor has also one-shotted thing's strongest incarnation(pinapple thing, ON LAND. ... [more]
Yes there is.
What were the conditions when Namor one shotted the Thing ?
Was Namor still wet ?
If he can one shot him so easily, why has he failed to do this in the extremely frequent fights ?
One occasion does not give the best picture of the combatants abilities or how a fight between the 2 would progress.
BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By BatDance
Namor should win this easy
madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By madrid_san

I am sure Namor is stronger than 85. According to Marvel database, he can lift many thousand tonnes without effort. He knocked out savage hulk before, thing doesn't have a prayer.
Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Park

In light of AvX bump

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By Saren
Makes AvX worth the while.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@CitizenBane said:
Namor couldn't even beat Ben in the X-Men's own tie-in book, lol.
god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: Did Namor lose to Ben in UXM 12 -_- ? My shop was out today when I got in there.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@god_spawn said:

@Morpheus_: Did Namor lose to Ben in UXM 12 -_- ? My shop was out today when I got in there.

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Whisper_

@CitizenBane said:

Go die.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@_Whisper_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

Go die.

Ladies first.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Whisper_

@Morpheus_ said:

@_Whisper_ said:

@CitizenBane said:

Go die.

Ladies first.

I'll take a big pass on that, thanks.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: My mistake. I thought you meant UXM 12 since it came out today, not the other one. Anyways that is absolutely hysterical and whatever I said in another thread about your comment making my night, that spoiler was so much better. I thank you for it.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@_Whisper_: I thought you would. 

@god_spawn: If you read the issue, you're going to laugh outloud at just about everything Namor says or does. Really, it's epic.
Park

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Park

Can someone explain how Thing won?

From what I saw the order of events was:

Namor punched Thing through the Helicarrier. Thing punched Namor into the ocean. Namor threw Thing into a thermal vent. Namor smacked Thing with a giant fish. ???(What happens here?)???, Namor ends up on the ground, Thing pins him there with fish teeth.

Was my copy missing pages?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: I remember Gillen saying the issue was gonna be a 180 from the previous. I have it on order and should get it by Friday at the earliest. I'll tell you what I think when I get it.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@god_spawn: I have four-five Namor scans from it in my gallery, but I'd say it's worth the wait, the jokes read amazingly in context.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Whisper_

I kind of hate Gillen for making me not hate Namor.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Morpheus_: I'm not gonna spoil it for myself if it's good. Thanks in advance for the heads up on it.

chiq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By chiq

Namor.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@_Whisper_: Dat av. 

No, really, it's awesome.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@god_spawn said:

@Morpheus_: I'm not gonna spoil it for myself if it's good. Thanks in advance for the heads up on it.

Anytime, man. Hope you enjoy it.
Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Whisper_

@Morpheus_ said:

@_Whisper_: Dat av.

No, really, it's awesome.

Phil Noto ♥

Blargh. It's a testament to Gillen's writing that Namor is actually semi-likable.