Marvel vs Manga Series #2 ( Human Torch vs Natsu Dragneel)

• 52 results
RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RidTom

INTRO:

Hello everyone, this is MvM! Last week we had the 2 men of steel (Luke Cage and Mr.1) duke it out with Marvels Luke Cage appearing victorious in a close match. This week we have 2 different combatants of Fire; Natsu Dragneel vs Johnny Storm.

One uses an ancient magic to slay mighty dragons and the other the result of a scientific accident.

Rules:

1. Fight takes place in an abandoned field with no civilians
  2. Random encounter as always
  3. No knowledge of each others abilities
  4. Only constructive criticism allowed

WHO WILL WIN?!

PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES:

Don't let him touch you
Don't let him touch you

Natsu all the way. Johnny has merely normal human strength and a slightly above average durability, while Natsu has been shown surviving being slammed into stone pillars, knocked through walls, burned, electrocuted (by lightning), stabbed by magic steel, knocked through trees, and even eatenby another magical creature. Add to the fact that Natsu is effectively a half human-dragon hybrid and it's clear that Johnny is just outmatched.

POWERS:

What he said
What he said

Natsu. Both Natsu and Johnny have control over one natures most deadly elements: Fire. Natsu's from Dragon Slayer magic and Johnny from a scientific accident, which each have shown destroying those who hurt their friends. But Natsu has two things that Johnny cannot hope to achieve: 1.) Natsu can eatfire,and 2.) he has eaten lightning, specifically magical lightning!While using fire is impressive on Johnny's part, Natsu can do that and eat it and get stronger from it and also shoot lightning-fire out of his mouth. He's Torch's Kryptonite!

SKILL:

This takes some practice
This takes some practice

Human Torch. Yes you'd think after all I've said about Natsu's superior strength/speed and overall power, he'd take Skill as well right? Wrong. Johnny has consistently shown better control and technique when using his fire abilities, such as sustained flight which Natsu is not shown capable of, and even going Super-Nova a temperature that Natsu has not shown casting (Lightning not withstanding). And while Natsu has shown to cloaking himself if flames, it's not nearly as used as much as Torch and prefers to center it on his fists and feet. Torch has the aerial advantage.

WEAKNESSES:

This was just funny
This was just funny

Johnny. Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. He has a whole host of weaknesses that would take two articles to cover! The use of Oxygen, his limited energy reserves, and how he has to constantly think in order to control his flames.Yes over the years he's learned to control this weakness but when faced with someone actively eating yourpower, it's gonna be hard to think straight. Natsu has his own share of weaknesses as well: any type of transportation other walking/jogging/running etc. will give him serious motion sickness. And when faced with stronger magic flames, he can be overpowered. So even if Johnny tries to pick him up it just makes eating him so much easier which Johnny does not want at all.

WINNER:

Natsu7/10. This was actually harder than anticipated, I thought that since Human Torch had the aerial advantage he'd get the easy victory. But after reading more about The Dragon Slayer I realized that Natsu has a ton of positives compared to a few negatives. While both are immune to fire itself, Natsu takes it a step further with different transformations allowing better control and basically being the Galactacus of Fire users. And while Johnny's power is bascially an advanced form of Pyrokinesis, Natsu has shown controlling fire without the use of concentration allowing him greater freedom. He also surprisingly has a counter to the Nova Flame with his Lightning-Fire Roar as it is a more concentrated attack and since lightning is hotter than the sun, there's not much that Johnny can do.

Congrats kid, you earned it.
Congrats kid, you earned it.

Next time on MARVEL V.S. MANGA, we'll have the Immortal Iron Fist face off against History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

Luke Cage vs Mr. 1

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awww no one's interested?

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool thread and nice analysis :) I think that Johnny could win anyway, he'll just have to fly away and then hit him hard with a Nova blast keeping himself at a safe distance, or he'll just change into a human rocket(he can go very, very fast) and hit him while he turn himself into a Nova... but then I don't know much about Natsu so I may be wrong, but a Nova explosion is way hotter than a ligthining

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Thankz for the input! I put a link in the article that shows that lightning being 5 TIMES hotter than the sun, although Nova could be hotter. I have'nt checked up yet. Make sure to read Luke Cage vs Mr.1!

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay Natsu~ ; 3; (though I think you used basically all low durability feats for him lol)

No Caption Provided

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RidTom

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: I actually looked for high end feats for him and even praised his destructive abilities and his insane durability. I didn't really go into his transformations cause all they really acted like were amps. But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Be sure to await my next one and read Luke Cage vs Mr. 1!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom: I was the first to comment on that one o:, and the feats you mentioned seem a little low to me.. stone pillars and walls? He's taken extremely more than just that

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RidTom

@the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk: Ah your right sorry bout that, I probably should have specified what hit him through those but he has taken A LOT of hits and I didn't want to clog up the article too much haha

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ridtom said:

@veitha: Thankz for the input! I put a link in the article that shows that lightning being 5 TIMES hotter than the sun, although Nova could be hotter. I have'nt checked up yet. Make sure to read Luke Cage vs Mr.1!

well, I think that a Nova explosion is hotter. I'll check your other thread soon :)

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Thanks so much! And be on the look out for my next article!

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Dratini1331

@ridtom: If possible, can I recommend not Kenichi himself? He's actually one of the weakest characters until really far into the series, and even then he's only barely in about the top 25. I'd say either use a Ryozanpaku Master or a member of One Shadow Nine Fists. Otherwise, you'd have to go with Ryuusei Seikuuken, which makes no sense and is super hard to analyze.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dratini1331: Oh no I was referring to the comic/manga titles I plan on using one of the Ryozanpaku Masters! Kenichi himself would be against someone like...maybe Daredevil.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I don't know about the lightning is hotter than a supernova, but I agree Natsu win due to durability and the ability to eat any kind of fire, even those that are hotter than his own.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: Thanks for the input! Yea I was referring the fact that since lightning is hotter than the sun, in can offer him a long range alternative to Johnnys Nova flame. Please read Luke Cage vs Mr.1!

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom: Saw you other thread, you improve can't wait for the Kenichi, mostly because that is one of my favorite anime, although I have not read alot about Iron fist.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RidTom

@jgames: It may take awhile but I'll improve even more!

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natsu takes this.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RidTom

@the_titan_lord: I agree, though to be honest I thought at first Torch would take this win

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#19  Edited By Nerx

Torch

he operates on a higher playing field, natsu is still a flatlander while torch is on that space stuff

nova flame or planck heat should do it

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom: The reason I gave it to Natsu is because I'm not sure if Torch can absorb magical flame. While Natsu can eat flames as long as it didn't came from him. =)

The_PAIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_PAIN

@ridtom: The reason I gave it to Natsu is because I'm not sure if Torch can absorb magical flame. While Natsu can eat flames as long as it didn't came from him. =)

True

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom:

Cosmic Control Rod

Annihilation Fleet

GG FTverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: If Freed has enough prep for runes, he can protect it lol.(Magic Rules placed to forbid such things :) )

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Doesn't matter the force, Nova would be forced to abide by whatever rules Freed made by magic :)

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By frogdog

Nastu has never eaten fire as hot as the human torch. Learn what no limit fallacies are people.

@jgames said:

I don't know about the lightning is hotter than a supernova, but I agree Natsu win due to durability and the ability to eat any kind of fire, even those that are hotter than his own.

Are you serious?

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Doesn't matter the force, Nova would be forced to abide by whatever rules Freed made by magic :)

NLF

oh and his magic sadly has range restrictions, ships outside of orbital reach would do their part to nuke the planet off-world

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: Natsu can eat hotter flame than his own, it has been done, it increased his stat and heat resistanve, he ate hell fire, so he no limit when it comes to eating fire except if it is fused with other elements

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@frogdog: Natsu can eat hotter flame than his own, it has been done, it increased his stat and heat resistanve, he ate hell fire, so he no limit when it comes to eating fire except if it is fused with other elements

First there is a huge gap comparing lightning to supernova. Second hellfire is subjective in majority of universes. Third until nastu actually eats the sun, he will die trying eat jonny's fire.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

First there is a huge gap comparing lightning to supernova. Second hellfire is subjective in majority of universes. Third until nastu actually eats the sun, he will die trying eat jonny's fire.

1. Never say Lightning is hotter than Supernova

2. He can eat hotter flame than his own, so it does not matter, it just increased his heat resistance and stat

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He was able to eat fire hotter than his own. What is more impressive is the fact that he did not disenegrated after nullyifying his own magic, he was basically a normal human and should had burn right away, but as soon as he ate those flame his heat resistance rise, and his power. Does not matter if is hot as the sun, once he eats it, he can swim in the sun all day and well do this to human torch with his power

No Caption Provided

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Third until nastu actually eats the sun, he will die trying eat jonny's fire.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Jgames

@frogdog said:

So you arguement is because it never happened it never will, so Human torch can't beat Natsu because it never show Human torch fighting Natsu.

And he shows that he can eat any flame hotter than his own, so he shows no limit and yet, your arguement is because it never happened, even though he have no limit

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By frogdog

@jgames said:

@frogdog said:

So you arguement is because it never happened it never will, so Human torch can't beat Natsu because it never show Human torch fighting Natsu.

And he shows that he can eat any flame hotter than his own, so he shows no limit and yet, your arguement is because it never happened, even though he have no limit

First learn what a no limit fallacy is. Second your whole point was based on speculation, not actual facts.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: I agree that eating the sun is, so far, an exaggeration. However I gave Natsus Lightning Flame the edge due to two reasons. A.) In character, torch most likely would not use the Nova flame since it not only depletes his energy greatly, but also puts innocent people and the planet at risk. B.) Natsus attack is more focused and long ranged, allowing him a better chance at piercing the Nova flame and incapacitating Torch.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom said:

@frogdog: I agree that eating the sun is, so far, an exaggeration. However I gave Natsus Lightning Flame the edge due to two reasons. A.) In character, torch most likely would not use the Nova flame since it not only depletes his energy greatly, but also puts innocent people and the planet at risk. B.) Natsus attack is more focused and long ranged, allowing him a better chance at piercing the Nova flame and incapacitating Torch.

So while it wouldn't be accurate to say a bolt of lightning is hotter than the sun itself, these flashes of electrical energy do reach higher temperatures than the surface of the sun.

There huge difference to the surface temperatures and core. Not to mention the Nastu's attack gives off heat, which johnny can abosrb.

No Caption Provided

Being able to handle the nova force without exploding, shows he handle Nastu's lightning attack.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: wow that's a scan I haven't seen, however it seems like using it is causing him great strain no? It still doesn't make sense for him to use an attack that would endanger innocent lives against one person, however its merely my opinion

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By frogdog
No Caption Provided

@ridtom said:

@frogdog: wow that's a scan I haven't seen, however it seems like using it is causing him great strain no? It still doesn't make sense for him to use an attack that would endanger innocent lives against one person, however its merely my opinion

Torch( with help of firelord) was containing energy that can blow up a planet, I used as an example of how johnny would with stand nastu's lightning attack and re-direct it into something stronger.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:
No Caption Provided

@ridtom said:

Torch( with help of firelord) was containing energy that can blow up a planet, I used as an example of how johnny would with stand nastu's lightning attack and re-direct it into something stronger.

You do know re directing back a attack only make Natsu stronger, and he have shown no limit so unless you show me a reason why Natsu can't eat Johnny flame, than Natsu most likely wins, he just eat Johnny.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

You do know re directing back a attack only make Natsu stronger, and he have shown no limit so unless you show me a reason why Natsu can't eat Johnny flame, than Natsu most likely wins, he just eat Johnny.

Johnny can withstand planet busting energy, Natsu can't. Johnny can actually pass the sun's surface temperatures, Nastu can't.

Again abusing the "no limit" excuse when nastu isn't any where close to planetry range or even city range.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

Johnny can withstand planet busting energy, Natsu can't. Johnny can actually pass the sun's surface temperatures, Nastu can't.

Again abusing the "no limit" excuse when nastu isn't any where close to planetry range or even city range.

Then please show me proof please just like you are excusing me for speculation, you are no different. And Johnny have been knock by attacks weaker than Mountain buster all the time, while Natsu durability is consisted, survivng mountain buster attack, and he can destroy a city actually.

Unless Johnny have knowledge on Natsu and just carry him and fly off making him motion sickness he losed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames: His motion sickness is only from vehicles

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

Then please show me proof please just like you are excusing me for speculation, you are no different. And Johnny have been knock by attacks weaker than Mountain buster all the time, while Natsu durability is consisted, survivng mountain buster attack, and he can destroy a city actually.

Unless Johnny have knowledge on Natsu and just carry him and fly off making him motion sickness he losed.

I already posted scans. The same can said for nastu, difference being that jonny highest showings outweigh nastu's.

RidTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog: As you stated, it shows him needing help from Firelord, a near celestial being, to harness and redirect a planet busting flame. Torch even states it outright in the scan.

And even if he did have that ability, it's not in character for him to harm/endanger innocent lives over one guy.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ridtom said:

@frogdog: As you stated, it shows him needing help from Firelord, a near celestial being, to harness and redirect a planet busting flame. Torch even states it outright in the scan.

And even if he did have that ability, it's not in character for him to harm/endanger innocent lives over one guy.

Firelord is far from celestial being, again the main part I stated was that jonny wasn't complety overloaded with the energy. Jonny has used a small portion of the nova flames on hulk.

Speaking of celestials, with cosmic rod. Jonny actually prentrated a celestial's armour with his fire.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

I already posted scans. The same can said for nastu, difference being that jonny highest showings outweigh nastu's.

Which is why Natsu wins, the stronger Johnny is, the stronger Natsu would be, and still no proof on why Natsu can't eat his flame.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jgames said:

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

@frogdog said:

@jgames said:

Which is why Natsu wins, the stronger Johnny is, the stronger Natsu would be, and still no proof on why Natsu can't eat his flame.

So has Nastu has eaten the sun now?

jesusreyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By jesusreyes

Yup natsu eats Johnny storm flame. No contest natsu wins this

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

from this debate, i'm going to say johnny wins.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: johnny has to fight not utilize outside help. you said he can solo the FTverse by fighting means.