Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Coolii

-Both have 10 days of prep time.

Who wins?

Note: Magneto cannnot ask for the Brother Hood of mutants for help or anything alike, if Magneto is too much for Luthor, Luthor can call in some of powerful Gotham's rogues.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By nefarious

Lex Luthor is smarter and way more intelligent than Magneto himself. He wins due to having prep-time. In a random encounter, Magneto kills him.

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By madrid_san

Magneto is no slouch in the brains department.  No way that flatscan Q-ball could harm the master of magnetism. He'll just turn his world upside down and make it crash to oblivion!
riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By riri4life

Maggy destroys Lex, no matter how much prep.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

Lex stomps.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lord_galactus

Magneto is smart enough to convince even the best mutants to join him?..when has lex done that lol lex gest smashed 

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
Magneto is smart enough to convince even the best mutants to join him?..when has lex done that lol lex gest smashed 
Really? That explains why he's fought the X-men for the past 40 years right? Because he's so good at convincing people to join him right? 
He even commented on Cyclops uniting the mutant race during Nation X.

You know what Luthor's done? Became President of the United States, and another version of Luthor created the flippin Multiverswe

Luthor stomps, he can do better with 1 day of prep then Magneto can with 10. 
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon: Collosus joined him,He was a straight mommas boy.

Do you think Lex can rip apocalypse in half?...no.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: Collosus joined him,He was a straight mommas boy.Do you think Lex can rip apocalypse in half?...no.
First of all, that was from Age of Apocalypse.
Second of all, this is a prep battle, Luthor doesn't have to beat Magneto in a straight up fight, he's far smarter and a greater prep user.
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon: Magneto is the master of magnetism he could raise the level of iron in ones body so they cannot move?..Yeah that alone beats lex. not to mention the other possibilities he has.

Lex is smart but it would only get him so far. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: Magneto is the master of magnetism he could raise the level of iron in ones body so they cannot move?..Yeah that alone beats lex. not to mention the other possibilities he has.Lex is smart but it would only get him so far. 
Once again

@Coolii said:

-Both have 10 days of prep time

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By entropy_aegis

Did'nt Lex use that infinity INC project in 52 to grant himself Superman's powers?Lex convivnced Joker and Prometheus to join him.I'd say that takes greater skill.

Speaking of Prom,lex just hires him and he creates an anti magnetism bullet.JUSTICE.

lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon: what could lex bring to the table after 10 days of prep that magnetos powers cannot overwhelm ? I got Magneto,hes not retarded.  
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: what could lex bring to the table after 10 days of prep that magnetos powers cannot overwhelm ? I got Magneto,hes not retarded.  
Copy Superman's powers? Turn off Magneto's powers? You do realize that Doom has beaten Magneto twice right? You do realize that Magneto lost to the New X-men right? You do realize that Magneto has lost to Black Panther right?  If you' don't have enough knowledge of the characters then please do not bother wasting everyone's time. 
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon: Doctor Doom can beat nearly ANYONE in knowledge of their power. so that was a redundant statement. The Xmen are a team of superpowered mutants. Black Panter is one of the most underrated characters in marvel period.

Once again Lex Luther has no powers,and if he were to copy supermans powers it would be with a suit,which magneto would TAKE off him and how the HELL would lex take away Magnetos powers? With kryptonite? lol Magneto raises the iron in his body and stops him from moving. magnetism 101,Sorry if you don't know about magnetism. 

Until lex cuts the iron out of his own body then I doubt he will ever be able to beat magneto or doctor doom and to compare lex to doctor doom is ridiculous. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By entropy_aegis
@lord_galactus said:
Infinity INC?
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lord_galactus
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Uh yeah,magneto via curbstomp. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: Doctor Doom can beat nearly ANYONE in knowledge of their power. so that was a redundant statement. The Xmen are a team of superpowered mutants. Black Panter is one of the most underrated characters in marvel period.Once again Lex Luther has no powers,and if he were to copy supermans powers it would be with a suit,which magneto would TAKE off him and how the HELL would lex take away Magnetos powers? With kryptonite? lol Magneto raises the iron in his body and stops him from moving. magnetism 101,Sorry if you don't know about magnetism. Until lex cuts the iron out of his own body then I doubt he will ever be able to beat magneto or doctor doom and to compare lex to doctor doom is ridiculous. 
It isn't redundant because in that instance, Doom did nothing Luthor couldn't do.  Luthor has 10 days prep which means he can easily use tech to shut off Magneto's powers.  End of story
Panther being underrated is irrelevant, he too was able to negate Magneto's power. 

Basically anyone with tech and resources can defeat Magneto by shutting off his powers.  Doom's done it, Panther's done it.  Luthor can and will do it, then proceed to beat Magneto to death with his bare hands.

The end. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Dude, The first scan is from Age of Apocalypse, that isn 't even 616 Magneto

I love it when morons come here and post out of context scans.  Makes it easier top debunk their arguments

Luthor shuts off Magnetos power then breaks Magneto's neck.
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon:  Like you said Magneto has lost to lesser characters due to this but back to what you say 10 days prep would be enough for Magneto to expect this since any half smart man would know it is the only way lex can win,which is why I say he would either raise his physical ability power levels during the 10 day period which would make him ridiculously strong or just find a way around it. 

In closing,Magneto.

By the way,If your going to say someone "knows less than you' about something so futile as a comic book character please keep the statement to yourself because the 'knowledge' you have of the character can be also obtained in seconds,I would recommend you brag about being more knowledgeable in something more realistic and not easy to find information on. 
crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crackerjack82

Ten days of prep, that means tens days of magneto, focusing on altering the Magnetic spectrum, to warp and alter the human body, then day ten comes and he just finishes it, Lex would loose. Magnetos feats are crazy, yeah lex has some too,most are at superman, who holds back on lex, because he is human, do you really thing Magneto will hold back even a little, even is Lex activates his plan, Eric will make sure at very least Lex also dies, so Magneto still wins

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon:  Like you said Magneto has lost to lesser characters due to this but back to what you say 10 days prep would be enough for Magneto to expect this since any half smart man would know it is the only way lex can win,which is why I say he would either raise his physical ability power levels during the 10 day period which would make him ridiculously strong or just find a way around it. In closing,Magneto.By the way,If your going to say someone "knows less than you' about something so futile as a comic book character please keep the statement to yourself because the 'knowledge' you have of the character can be also obtained in seconds,I would recommend you brag about being more knowledgeable in something more realistic and not easy to find information on. 
Magneto isn't anywhere near as smart as Luthor is, even if Magneto had 100 days prep he would still lose due to the gap in their intelligence. 

The next time you post, try to post out of context scans, also, try reading the actual comics in which you post scans in because right now, you basically posted a scan of an alternate version of Magneto killing an alternate version of Apocalypse, you would know this had you actually read the comic. 

Also this is a comic book forum, I don't need to be more knowledgeable on something more realistic because none of that pertains here. 
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@lord_galactus said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Dude, The first scan is from Age of Apocalypse, that isn 't even 616 MagnetoI love it when morons come here and post out of context scans.  Makes it easier top debunk their argumentsLuthor shuts off Magnetos power then breaks Magneto's neck.
yes and the other scans?..Lol all knowing one please bless me with your ancient unobtainable knowledge of comic books..for this knowledge will never be found much like atlantis. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@crackerjack82 said:
Ten days of prep, that means tens days of magneto, focusing on altering the Magnetic spectrum, to warp and alter the human body, then day ten comes and he just finishes it, Lex would loose. Magnetos feats are crazy, yeah lex has some too,most are at superman, who holds back on lex, because he is human, do you really thing Magneto will hold back even a little, even is Lex activates his plan, Eric will make sure at very least Lex also dies, so Magneto still wins
In other words, you know nothing about Luthor. 
Magneto's feats aren't crazy, he's a mid tier character at the best.  Luthor is pretty much on Doom's level of prep and intellect, Magneto isn't, even Black Panther is a great prep master then Magneto is. 

Even if you gave Lex 5 days of prep and gave Magneto 20 days of prep, Magneto would still lose. 
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon:  Like you said Magneto has lost to lesser characters due to this but back to what you say 10 days prep would be enough for Magneto to expect this since any half smart man would know it is the only way lex can win,which is why I say he would either raise his physical ability power levels during the 10 day period which would make him ridiculously strong or just find a way around it. In closing,Magneto.By the way,If your going to say someone "knows less than you' about something so futile as a comic book character please keep the statement to yourself because the 'knowledge' you have of the character can be also obtained in seconds,I would recommend you brag about being more knowledgeable in something more realistic and not easy to find information on. 
Magneto isn't anywhere near as smart as Luthor is, even if Magneto had 100 days prep he would still lose due to the gap in their intelligence.  The next time you post, try to post out of context scans, also, try reading the actual comics in which you post scans in because right now, you basically posted a scan of an alternate version of Magneto killing an alternate version of Apocalypse, you would know this had you actually read the comic.  Also this is a comic book forum, I don't need to be more knowledgeable on something more realistic because none of that pertains here. 
It does pertain,comics books are written. everything is an alternate reality and all of it changes. lol 

But thank you for showing me the light,your right lex is smart. but still...

No Caption Provided
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon

Let's see how awesome Magneto can be.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@lord_galactus said:
Magneto isn't anywhere near as smart as Luthor is, even if Magneto had 100 days prep he would still lose due to the gap in their intelligence.  The next time you post, try to post out of context scans, also, try reading the actual comics in which you post scans in because right now, you basically posted a scan of an alternate version of Magneto killing an alternate version of Apocalypse, you would know this had you actually read the comic.  Also this is a comic book forum, I don't need to be more knowledgeable on something more realistic because none of that pertains here. 
It does pertain,comics books are written. everything is an alternate reality and all of it changes. lol 

But thank you for showing me the light,your right lex is smart. but still...

No Caption Provided
I'm willing to be that you don't even know what comic that scan is from.
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon: salvation run? ... lol seriously if you take comic books this personal you need to get a life haha. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: salvation run? ... lol seriously if you take comic books this personal you need to get a life haha. 
Just because I pointed out the flaws in your argument doesn't mean I take this personal or seriously.  You presented a bad argument, I pointed it out, hence the nature of the battle forums.  You shouldn't tell people that they need to get a life when you yourself are here on this forum, posting out of context scans on comics you've never read. 
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kadeem

There was an encounter between the Red Skull in which the Red Skull with prep and abundant resources took on Magneto who had no prep and failed.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
As you will notice during the instance in which RS entrapped Magneto in a plastic bubble under the assumption that plastics are relatively non-magnetic materials therefore Magneto's powers would be in affective against a plastic prison.  Any physicist will tell you that there is no such thing as a material that has no magnetic field at all, and as you saw Magneto's magnetic capabilities were able to counter all the measures that RS took (including the destruction of the plastic prison by way of direct magnetic manipulation) with out having the benefit prep time of his own.  Magneto with prep time will slaughter Luthor.
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lord_galactus
@kadeem said:
There was an encounter between the Red Skull in which the Red Skull with prep and abundant resources took on Magneto who had no prep and failed.
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
As you will notice during the instance in which RS entrapped Magneto in a plastic bubble under the assumption that plastics are relatively non-magnetic materials therefore Magneto's powers would be in affective against a plastic prison.  Any physicist will tell you that there is no such thing as a material that has no magnetic field at all, and as you saw Magneto's magnetic capabilities were able to counter all the measures that RS took (including the destruction of the plastic prison by way of direct magnetic manipulation) with out having the benefit prep time of his own.  Magneto with prep time will slaughter Luthor.
this is the argument of someone who was serious,good points.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@kadeem
Right, Magneto beat one mediocre prep user, but lost to 2 who actually utilize there prep properly.  Red Skull isn't = to Luthor, or Panther, or Doom.  So beating Red Skull does Magneto no favors
And if you actually look at the context, Red Skull's method of beating Magneto was far less complex and technical then Doom and Panthers.  Luthor would never attempt to defeat Magneto in the same fashion that the Red Skull tried.  He would either shut his powers off or use tech which would negate Magneto's powers.

Luthor with 1 day of prep would slaughter Mags with 20 days of prep. 
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@kadeem: Right, Magneto beat one mediocre prep user, but lost to 2 who actually utilize there prep properly.  Red Skull isn't = to Luthor, or Panther, or Doom.  So beating Red Skull does Magneto no favorsLuthor with 1 day of prep would slaughter Mags with 20 days of prep. 
now your sounding like a fanboy. 
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@lord_galactus said:
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@kadeem: Right, Magneto beat one mediocre prep user, but lost to 2 who actually utilize there prep properly.  Red Skull isn't = to Luthor, or Panther, or Doom.  So beating Red Skull does Magneto no favorsLuthor with 1 day of prep would slaughter Mags with 20 days of prep. 
now your sounding like a fanboy. 
I'm sorry but you've already passed off into trolldom on the last page.  Because you have no knowledge of either of these characters, you have nothing to contribute and responding to you will not move this thread forward, therefore your opinions and post are now irrelevant and mean nothing. 
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By kadeem
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@kadeem: Right, Magneto beat one mediocre prep user, but lost to 2 who actually utilize there prep properly.  Red Skull isn't = to Luthor, or Panther, or Doom.  So beating Red Skull does Magneto no favorsAnd if you actually look at the context, Red Skull's method of beating Magneto was far less complex and technical then Doom and Panthers.  Luthor would never attempt to defeat Magneto in the same fashion that the Red Skull tried.  He would either shut his powers off or use tech which would negate Magneto's powers.Luthor with 1 day of prep would slaughter Mags with 20 days of prep. 
Luthor's specialty is technology.  Everything that luthor does no matter how much prep time he has, has to work with in the laws of physics.  Any tech device Luthor uses needs to have a power source, and any material that Luthor uses will necessarily have a magnetic field.  Both of these facts will present Luthor with unavoidable weakness which Magneto can exploit in battle.  Unless you can demonstrate any feats on Luthor's part which can show that he can overcome these weaknesses the only conclusion we can rationally come to is that Magneto would win.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@kadeem said:

@Cosmic_Falcon said:

@kadeem: Right, Magneto beat one mediocre prep user, but lost to 2 who actually utilize there prep properly.  Red Skull isn't = to Luthor, or Panther, or Doom.  So beating Red Skull does Magneto no favorsAnd if you actually look at the context, Red Skull's method of beating Magneto was far less complex and technical then Doom and Panthers.  Luthor would never attempt to defeat Magneto in the same fashion that the Red Skull tried.  He would either shut his powers off or use tech which would negate Magneto's powers.Luthor with 1 day of prep would slaughter Mags with 20 days of prep. 
Luthor's specialty is technology.  Everything that luthor does no matter how much prep time he has, has to work with in the laws of physics.  Any tech device Luthor uses needs to have a power source, and any material that Luthor uses will necessarily have a magnetic field.  Both of these facts will present Luthor with unavoidable weakness which Magneto can exploit in battle.  Unless you can demonstrate any feats on Luthor's part which can show that he can overcome these weaknesses the only conclusion we can rationally come to is that Magneto would win.
So does Doom, so does Panther.  And guess what? Both have defeated Magneto.  Also you're putting too much emphasis on the laws of physics when comics consistently ignore this.  What's to stop Luthor from trapping Magneto in the Phantom Zone?  What's to stop him from BFR'ing Magneto into a black hole somewhere?  What's to stop him from literally jacking Magneto's powers?  What's to stop him from copying Superman's powers again, and killing Magneto?  Luthor's specialty isn't just technology, it's planning, resource management, proper connections, etc.  If anything Luthor could simply hire someone to kill Magneto for him. 
I think you're under the impression that Luthor will simply have some giant machine sticking out like a sore thumb when he attempts to put his plan into motion, when anyone who reads Luthor knows that it's not his style. 

Magneto loses to competant prep users
Luthor = Competant prep user
Therefore Magneto gets slaugtered. 
lord_galactus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lord_galactus
@Cosmic_Falcon: Yes...I know what I say means nothing lol Im here to learn about comic books more than I do now because I know I learn nothing,Im simply stating that you are not providing me with knowledge that would balance both sides,your simply hugging on to lex luthors baby making tools. 

Think as you may,I learn as I go. 
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kadeem
@Cosmic_Falcon: I do not dispute that Luthor is a proficient prep user, but he does still have to work within the limitations of what resources and science he has at his disposal.  Any attempt that Luthor conceives including a phantom zone portal generator, Magneto can counter with his own powers.  If you can show us a Luthor feat that demonstrates that Luthor could successfully counter his powers I would invite you to post it.  If Luthor created a black hole on Earth it would actually destroy the entire planet including Luthor which would make the battle a stalemate.  The OP said that the battle was only between Luthor and Magneto, and didn't say that either opponent inviting or hiring allies in this battle was permitted.  If it was Magneto could also hire people, or get help from the X-Men and his mutant followers around the world so it wouldn't necessarily work in Luthor's favor.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@kadeem said:

@Cosmic_Falcon: I do not dispute that Luthor is a proficient prep user, but he does still have to work within the limitations of what resources and science he has at his disposal.  Any attempt that Luthor conceives including a phantom zone portal generator, Magneto can counter with his own powers.  If you can show us a Luthor feat that demonstrates that Luthor could succesfully counter his powers I would invite you to post it.  If Luthor created a black hole on Earth it would actually destroy the entire planet including Luthor which would make the battle a stalemate.  The OP said that the battle was only between Luthor and Magneto, and didn't say that either opponent inviting or hiring allies in this battle was permitted.  If it was Magneto could also hire people, or get help from the X-Men and his mutant followers around the world.

Once again, you're assuming that by technology, Luthor is going to have some obvious weapon or gizmo sticking out for Magneto to disassemble.  That isn't the case.  He could easily use technology to conceal his offense just like Doom did.  The second that Magneto enters a 10 mile radius, his powers go bye bye.  Or Luthor can line his battle suit similar to how Panther lined his own suit.  Which means that Magneto will be up against Luthor's Battle Armor and be unable to do anything about it.  Luthor can also create a dampening field that would disorient and negate Magneto's powers, which means he can't counter anything because his own powers will turned off, which means Magneto would be as much of a threat as an old man wielding a walking cane. 
Who said anything about making a black hole on the planet? I stated that he could BFR Magneto into a black hole.

Magneto wouldn't be able to recruit much help, the X-men wouldn't help him, currently Xavier hates him as shown in Nation X, any help that Magneto might accrue would be instantly overshadowed by any assistance Luthor would hire.

No matter what Magneto tries to do, Luthor will have a counter for it.  You constantly say that Magneto can counter Luthor's tech with his power, when Luthor's tech would be there spefically to counter and negate Magneto's powers.  With Magneto's powers turned off, he cannot counter anything. 

Luthor takes this quite easily. 
kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By kadeem
@Cosmic_Falcon: I understand that The Black Panther has demonstrated that he can beat Magneto with prep, but BP has better tech, more resources including access to vibranium, and a knowledge of science that is leaps and bounds ahead of any culture outside of Wakanda.  This does mot prove anything about Luthor though.  I am simply asking you to post some feats that demonstrate that Luthor would have the means to counter Magneto's powers with prep.  What I am asking for is completely within reason.
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@kadeem said:

@Cosmic_Falcon: I understand that The Black Panther has demonstrated that he can beat Magneto with prep, but BP has better tech, more resources including access to vibranium, and a knowledge of science that is leaps and bounds ahead of any culture outside of Wakanda.  This does mot prove anything about Luthor though.  I am simply asking you to post some feats that demonstrate that Luthor would have the means to counter Magneto's powers with prep.  What I am asking for is completely within reason.

Panther doesn't have better tech then Luthor does, anyone who's read enough on both characters would know this.  Luthor has tech capable of copying other characters powers including Superman's, portal generators including into the phantom zone, tech capable of summoning beings from other dimensions etc.  Wakanda's tech is leaps and bounds ahead of any culture on Marvel earth, not DC Earth, and that doesn't include characters specific to characters like Reed Richards and Doom.  Luthor also has access to alien technology including Kryptonian technology and can actually use Kryptonite as an energy source. 

No, what you're asking for is outside of reason, you are asking for a specific scenario of Luthor defeating a character similar to Magneto, when any other example can lead to more excuses and more "what if" scenarios that pertain to a different character with a different power set and under different circumstances.  In comics and the battle forums you will rarely find 2 similar enough for comparison. 

Even if Black Panther's tech was superior to Luthor's (and it's not) it still wouldn't matter because Panther did nothing with his tech that Luthor himself could not do.  Creating a dampening field and distorting the EMP field is within Luthor's capabilities.  The only difference is he could do it on a wide scale radius which would turn off Magneto's powers as soon as he entered within several miles of Luthor.  Also, in the same manner that Panther designed his suit, Luthor could do the same with his own battle suit, the same suit that he uses to fight characters like Superman, the only would be that with the modifications, Magneto's powers would be useless against it. 

Nothing that Panther nor Doom did is outside of Luthor's capabilities.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By entropy_aegis

People read 52.Lex should win.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kadeem
@Cosmic_Falcon: You make claims that Luthor can use his tech to turn off Magneto's powers, but just like anyone else in these forums you need to be able to back up what you are saying with proof.  BP's suit is lined with vibranium which Luthor has no access to, and he has never demonstrated that he can produce a suit with identical properties.  The machines that T'Challa used to dampen Magneto's powers needed vibranium to work effectively.   If Luthor has been able to build a machine that can negate another character's power set within several miles that doesn't mean that he would be able to do so to Magneto.  When the battle begins there is also nothing to stop Magneto from producing an EMP from disrupting all the tech within miles to render Luthor helpless.
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By theicon
@entropy_aegis: any one who can convince the joker to join him is a genius , the joker will kill you, the fact lex was able to do it shows he's smarter then magneto
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@kadeem said:
@Cosmic_Falcon: You make claims that Luthor can use his tech to turn off Magneto's powers, but just like anyone else in these forums you need to be able to back up what you are saying with proof.  BP's suit is lined with vibranium which Luthor has no access to, and he has never demonstrated that he can produce a suit with identical properties.  The machines that T'Challa used to dampen Magneto's powers needed vibranium to work effectively.   If Luthor has been able to build a machine that can negate another character's power set within several miles that doesn't mean that he would be able to do so to Magneto.  When the battle begins there is also nothing to stop Magneto from producing an EMP from disrupting all the tech within miles to render Luthor helpless.
Uh that's incorrect.  The tech that Panther used only used vibranium as a power source, and never stated that he needed it to shut or weaken his powers.  Doom has no access to vibranium and shut down Magneto's powers with a flip of a switch.  It's Magneto's arrogance and lack of intelligence in comparison to these characters that ends up with him defeated every time. 
Luthor doesn't need vibranium to distort an energy field, he's already created and manipulated EMP's before.  Adventures of Superman #425 he created and was able to control his own EM Field before.  So yes, Luthor can defeat Magneto in the same way that Panther did and would not require any of Panther's tech to do so.

As far as turning off powers.  Luthor was able to turn off Trajectory's powers in 52 week 21

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@kadeem said:

When the battle begins there is also nothing to stop Magneto from producing an EMP from disrupting all the tech within miles to render Luthor helpless.

At this point, Luthor would of already known about Magneto's capabilities, which means he would counter measures for this.  Magneto can produce a thousand EMP's and it still wouldn't stop Luthor from shutting down his powers, or putting a dampening field right over Magneto's head which would also shut down his powers.

Also, just so you know, Dark Seductions, Iron Man was able to modify his armor to negate most of Magneto's abilities, so Luthor would be able to do something similar with his power suit. 

In other words, Luthor wins quite easily. 
theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By theicon

wheres the rest of that black panther beating magneto scans i want to see the rest  did magneto die there?

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

And since when did Red Skull become Luthor/Stark level in prep?

Cosmic_Falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Cosmic_Falcon
@entropy_aegis said:
Since Magneto fanboys realized that that was Magneto's best feat against a prep user. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By entropy_aegis
@Cosmic_Falcon said:
@entropy_aegis said:
Since Magneto fanboys realized that that was Magneto's best feat against a prep user. 
lol.