Kurse vs Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor (Film versions)

• 146 results
anathematic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If team stays back and lobs missles, lightning, and whatever the Hulk finds lying around, they might be able to damage Kurse enough for the win. If the distance is closed, then their chances are significantly lower.

On a side note, apart from what we can expect from MCU Thanos, Ultron, and (maybe) Odin, is Kurse the most powerful single combatant so far?

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk is the only threat. Thor gets casually swatted down, Iron Man wastes his energy trying to take him down, and Hulk goes down eventually, his durability was sorely lacking in the movies.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: Hulk didn´t beat Thor in the movie, there wasn´t a winner, the fight was interrupted by the guy in the jet shooting bullets at Hulk, no one had the advantage, both landed good hits, but clearly Thor was superior, and if he wanted he could have put down the Hulk.

sautor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By sautor

Lol thor was trying to put down hulk till he called the hammer he got beaten fair and square, nothing to be ashamed of afterwards hulk stopped one of those space whales at full speed, that is FAR beyond anything thor has done in any feat of strength.

Team takes it, well Thor&Hulk does.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RaynorD

@thor_parker82: I like how you contradict yourself in one single post. Hulk was throwing Thor around helpless he got saved by the jet fighter(which almost killed him) since he had to jump out of the gunfire, there is no feat that can support him putting down the Hulk.

@goldking:
Yes it took Thor both hands as well as using his entire body as leverage to hold off Hulks one hand. Except unlike Loki Hulk is far stronger so he could just move out by dragging through the ground. What would have been really funny is if Hulk did the same to Thor as what he did to Loki instead of just gently throwing him around because the plot doesn't want him to kill him.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GoldKing

@anathematic said:

On a side note, apart from what we can expect from MCU Thanos, Ultron, and (maybe) Odin, is Kurse the most powerful single combatant so far?

I would say so, yes. I believe Kurse is, to date, the single most formidable person in the MCU, next to Hulk.

@raynord said:

@goldking:

Yes it took Thor both hands as well as using his entire body as leverage to hold off Hulks one hand. Except unlike Loki Hulk is far stronger so he could just move out by dragging through the ground. What would have been really funny is if Hulk did the same to Thor as what he did to Loki instead of just gently throwing him around because the plot doesn't want him to kill him.

Well, that's an impressive feat nonetheless. I'm not arguing that Thor is as strong as or stronger than Hulk. But he is clearly strong enough to hold off Hulks shots at will (with the right angle to allow for leverage). And Hulk wasn't just lightly setting his hand down. He put some effort into smashing Thor with his one hand. Thor stopping it, even though it took his entire body for leverage, was very impressive.

I don't know about that. Once Mjolnir is over something, that something doesn't move (when something else is trying to move it). I think Hulk would be stuck. It'd be like you or I under the tire of a car. There is no crawling out. I know Hulk is Hulk, but Mjolnir cannot be overcome by one who isn't worthy. And Hulk is not worthy. So I see no way for him to crawl out. Because in order for him to crawl out, Mjolnir would have to move somewhat. And that's not happening unless Thor allows it.

@anathematic said:

If team stays back and lobs missles, lightning, and whatever the Hulk finds lying around, they might be able to damage Kurse enough for the win. If the distance is closed, then their chances are significantly lower.

I agree with this.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: He doesn't have to move Mljonir even an inch to get out of there. He just needs to move through ground around him, which is not a problem for him. But not that Thor would ever have a chance like this in the first place, Hulk is no Loki.

thanosii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sautor: hulks best feat is oneshotting a beast Thor one shot 3 with lightning simultaneously and another one with his hammer when he was on its back. So yes Thor has had multiple better showings

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: yes, when the battle ended Hulk had just throwed Thor, but he wasn´t knocked out, he could have continue fighting, there were many moments in the fight were Thor punched Hulk very easliy, the fight could have ended right there, would you say Thor won just because he landed the last hit ? NO. Hulk didn´t win just because he landed the last hit, you can clearly see that Thor could dodge most of Hulk attacks whilst Hulk doesn´t stand a chance in dodging one of Thor´s.

Thorverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the team. Thor and Iron Man provide air support, while Hulk engages from the ground. Kurse did not seem particulary fast. Granted he was beating Thor in a slugfest, but Thor was also focused on the ether and was not initially attacking Kurse when he got tagged. Kurse tanked Thor's punches and swatted away a returning hammer. Thor did not use his main offensive weapons or any type of tactics in their one on one battle. I think Hulk is way more mobile and could evade Kurse for a while if he needed to regroup.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: Im not saying that thor is stronger but when thor stops the hulks arm thor is in a weak position with his 1 arm his body is out behind him and only his arm is there to stop it and the angle of his arm shows it is a weak position when he stops it then he moved into a better position like anyone would and actually lifts hulks arm back up until he gets hit but i would say they are pretty close in strength but thor just hasnt been shown striking feats with something that big because he hasnt needed to yet but with thors lightning that took out alot of things and his strikes against the frost giants stone giant and caps shield and brigge i believe they could overwhelm kurse and in thors battle with kurse they never really showed thor doing anything he didnt really even hit him but earlier he through his hammer and knocked him of a ledge

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team, in a tough battle.

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk takes this by himself easy.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coolcat4: He is not in a weak position he is using his entire body to stop Hulks attack, which is just a straight up downwards hammer punch, which if you use real life example does not require nor use as much physical strength as a normal punch and can be easily resisted by even someone weaker. Thor then uses his entire body to stand up, his strength feats are just nowhere near close to Hulks, nor are his striking feats for that matter.

@thor_parker82: I am seeing the Hulk as a winner because at that point he could have done what he wanted to with Thor, he was helpless without even the hammer in his hand and was getting thrown around, if Hulk wanted to he could have done more then just throwing.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord said:

@goldking: He doesn't have to move Mljonir even an inch to get out of there. He just needs to move through ground around him, which is not a problem for him. But not that Thor would ever have a chance like this in the first place, Hulk is no Loki.

Something tells me that isn't the case. The same reason why the dirt beneath Mjolnir in Thor 1 wasn't dug away.

@raynord said:

@coolcat4: He is not in a weak position he is using his entire body to stop Hulks attack, which is just a straight up downwards hammer punch, which if you use real life example does not require nor use as much physical strength as a normal punch and can be easily resisted by even someone weaker. Thor then uses his entire body to stand up, his strength feats are just nowhere near close to Hulks, nor are his striking feats for that matter.

@thor_parker82: I am seeing the Hulk as a winner because at that point he could have done what he wanted to with Thor, he was helpless without even the hammer in his hand and was getting thrown around, if Hulk wanted to he could have done more then just throwing.

It's fair to say that Hulk could have done more... but so could have Thor.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'm loving how this thread pretty much proves that marvels movie power levels are about the same as comics (not constant for very long/at all)

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goldking: The dirt wasn't dug away because it wouldn't do any good to anyone to dig the dirt. Anyway Thor putting Hulk in such a position in the first place is about as realistic as just saying Hulk grabs Thor and pops his head of his shoulder.

izbighulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk ftw

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Hulk is close to soloing this. Team for sure.

GoldKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: Oh, it wouldn't be easy for sure. But it wouldn't be impossible. A solid thunder strike to Hulk's jaw would send Hulk to the ground. He'd certainly be "at minimum" stunned, giving Thor enough time to place the mighty hammer on top of him.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord:

@raynord said:

Hulk wasn´t the winner, there´s nothing to suggest he could have done what he wanted with Thor. Thor wasn´t helpless and he wasn´t getting thrown around, that only happened once, all you are saying are just assumptions.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:

I'm loving how this thread pretty much proves that marvels movie power levels are about the same as comics (not constant for very long/at all)

You are wrong, the movie versions of the characters are a lot weaker.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@thor_parker82: oh i didn't mean that they are the same level as comic versions, i meant they are about as constant as comic versions

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By RaynorD

@thor_parker82: Nope, i know what i saw at the end of their fight and that was Hulk throwing Thor helplessly around with his hammer out of his hand even.

@goldking: Or Hulk just rips his head off, both are just as possible, if not more in Hulks favor.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor in a open space (without restraining himself) would have beat the hulk.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sautor said:

Lol thor was trying to put down hulk till he called the hammer he got beaten fair and square, nothing to be ashamed of afterwards hulk stopped one of those space whales at full speed, that is FAR beyond anything thor has done in any feat of strength.

Team takes it, well Thor&Hulk does.

Loading Video...

Thor's lightning > Hulk's fists.

Thor never got 'beaten fair and square', they were fighting in a Helicarrier with no space to maneuver around. Compare how Thor fought against the Hulk to how he fought against Malekith.

Kurse is not beating Hulk, Thor and Iron Man at the same time. They'd overwhelm him.

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor in a open space (without restraining himself) would have beat the hulk.

THIS!

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: no at the end yes he is in a very strong position but when he stoped it it was in a very weak position for his arm and his body wasnt underneath him i said he moved into it and a attack like that generates a large amount of energy even when weak and for thor to stop the hulks large arm when hulk has that much strength is impressive a arm that is going down like that if you are just pushing can exert more force than a arm like when thor stoped it

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Thor-Parker

@raynord said:

@thor_parker82: Nope, i know what i saw at the end of their fight and that was Hulk throwing Thor helplessly around with his hammer out of his hand even.

@goldking: Or Hulk just rips his head off, both are just as possible, if not more in Hulks favor.

I already told you that Thor was not helpless and that the fight could have ended when Thor punched Hulk (helplessly like you would say) and that wouldn´t mean Thor won, the fight was interrupted and there wasn´t a winner, though Thor was superior, he was dodging most of Hulk´s attacks whilst Hulk helplessly stood there and took Thor´s attacks.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurse

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: He was helpless, you mean Thor dodged all of his attacks and even dodged out of the way of a gunfire, while Hulk tanked everything with ease, yea.

@coolcat4: Nope, he was using his entire body as leverage to stop that attack.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Except he wouldn't, nothing even suggest Thors lighting would KO the Hulk. Considering nothing has even hurt the Hulk so far in the movies while Thor has been hurt and bled many times by Loki, Kurse, Malekeith and even Hulk himself.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Thor-Parker

@raynord: Hulk didn´t tank everything with ease, the only thing he tanked with ease was the gunfire, Thor´s punches damaged Hulk .

sautor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By sautor

In the fight between hulk vs thor there is a clear winner, just b4 the jet came thor was showing heavy signs of damage, one could make the case that him with lightning he could beat hulk, as of now, is not clear.

What we do know right now (for sure) is: Hulk> thor+hammer-lightning there is no debating that one.

As for kurse his best feat of strength is that rock he trowed at thor, hulk stopped the space whale that was around x4 times bigger than the rock, i think hulk might take this one alone, the team overwhelms.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: Thor punches did not damage the Hulk, his hammer strike staggered the Hulk, but that was pretty much the best he could do.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sautor said:

In the fight between hulk vs thor there is a clear winner, just b4 the jet came thor was showing heavy signs of damage, one could make the case that him with lightning he could beat hulk, as of now, is not clear.

What we do know right now for sure is: Hulk> thor+hammer-lightning there is no debating that one.

As for kurse his best feat of strength is that rock he trowed at thor, hulk stopped the space whale that was around x4 times bigger than the rock, i think hulk might take this one alone, the team overwhelms.

1. Thor wasn´t showing signs of damage. He just got thrown, but before that he was dodging most of Hulk attacks and punching him.

2. LOL, that´s completely wrong, everybody knows Thor >> Hulk.

3. There is no way for Hulk to beat Kurse on his own.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: Either you like it or not, his punches damaged the Hulk, though the hammer strike infilicted a lot more damage than his punches, that´s for sure.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord said:

@black_arrow: Except he wouldn't, nothing even suggest Thors lighting would KO the Hulk. Considering nothing has even hurt the Hulk so far in the movies while Thor has been hurt and bled many times by Loki, Kurse, Malekeith and even Hulk himself.

The fall from the helicarrier knock him out. Thor uses a hurricane to lift Hulk while using his thunders on him and then he stops the hurricane a lets him fall, Hulk is knocked out.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: What damage did his punches do? You know it's really sad when people need to make things up... show me or tell me what kind of damage they did.

@thor_parker82: Banner fell from a helicopter mid transformation and he still wasn't knocked out, a fall from the hell carrier did not knock him out. While Thor was afraid from falling from the same height. Try again.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord said:
Banner fell from a helicopter mid transformation and he still wasn't knocked out, a fall from the hell carrier did not knock him out. While Thor was afraid from falling from the same height. Try again.

The helicarrier did knocked him down. He reverted back to Banner who woke up.

RaynorD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Nope it didn't, if he didn't get knocked out from falling from a helicopter MID TRANSFORMATION he didn't get knocked out from the hell carrier. Nothing suggest that he did, even the janitor hints at this by saying he was screaming and he had to wait for him to shrink down.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: lol, the same can be said for you, show me or tell me what kind of damage did Hulk inflicted in Thor.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Black_Arrow

@raynord said:

@black_arrow: Nope it didn't, if he didn't get knocked out from falling from a helicopter MID TRANSFORMATION he didn't get knocked out from the hell carrier. Nothing suggest that he did, even the janitor hints at this by saying he was screaming and he had to wait for him to shrink down.

the altitude from the helicarrier seems much higher. The Janitor never says that he was screaming only that he had to wait for him shrink down, nothing indicates that he conscious.

Avatar image for strangerdanger89
StrangerDanger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Nothing indicates that Hulk was unconscious the old man said he was awake when he fell and the difference in altitude between the scene of Hulk and Banner falling is negligible(and we have no idea if there even is a big difference in the first place) since he can't acquire that much more speed, not to mention that when he fell as Banner he was in mid transformation and it didn't leave any problems on him.

It's obvious Hulk was fine after the fall, otherwise Banner would have been dead after he fell from the helicopter.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: Nothing indicates that Hulk was unconscious the old man said he was awake when he fell and the difference in altitude between the scene of Hulk and Banner falling is negligible(and we have no idea if there even is a big difference in the first place) since he can't acquire that much more speed, not to mention that when he fell as Banner he was in mid transformation and it didn't leave any problems on him.

It's obvious Hulk was fine after the fall, otherwise Banner would have been dead after he fell from the helicopter.

while falling he was awake. It wound´t have made sense for Hulk to stay in that place once he fall.

Avatar image for strangerdanger89
StrangerDanger89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@black_arrow: The old man said you where awake when you fell, not while you where falling. Other than plot? What other purpose would Hulk serve or do after he had fallen? Other than revert to Banner as fast as possible so that they could have him join the others in New York. Again a Banner that was mid transformation was fine after he fell, but was fine but this fall for some reason knocks him out? Again it's all speculation with no proof and in fact it supported that he was just fine after the fall.

coolcat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynord: you cant just say nope go watch the video again or you just dont know about leverage but you might or you just want to make thor look bad or just dont remember the scene very well

odinblast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

50/50