Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

Judge Dredd
 Judge Dredd

VERSUS 

Batman
 Batman

Peach Trees Block.  War protocol is engaged and the complex is on emergency power.  Unpopulated.

RULES

• Judge Dredd is under the belief that a highly dangerous and well trained murderer is in the complex.  The sentence is death.
  • Batman thinks a diabolical and deadly villain is lurking around the complex.  He's determined to stop him.
  • Dredd enters from the ground level.  He has his standard issue firearm.  He has unlimited regular clips, but ammo for other modes is limited.
  • Batman begins on the 3rd floor.  Wayne is in his peak condition, equipped with standard batarangs, grappling lines, his standard gauntlets and smoke pellets.
  • Neither is aware where the other begins and neither has knowledge on the structure's layout.
  • Standard elimination rules apply.
  • Who wins and why?  Is Dredd's firepower too much or will Wayne's stealth abilities overcome?
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

No one saw Dredd 3D opening day, eh?

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Dredd wins due to his ruthlessness which Bats won't be ready for. Dredd doesn't mess around and play like Bats villains. Nolan's Batman never really impressed me in he fighting an stealth dept, hes a far cry from his comic self. Btw the Dredd movie was awesome!

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

I'll have to watch Dredd 3D first :P

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By PikminMania

@k4tzm4n: Not yet...I just picked up my first dredd comic today though. So I'll see if I like him enough to go.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@PikminMania: Cool, but FYI you don't need to know the source material to appreciate the film.  It stands on its own quite well.
Sufferthorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sufferthorn

.....Feelin Batman on this, but i would have to see the film first

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Sufferthorn said:

.....Feelin Batman on this, but i would have to see the film first

lol.  Yeah, seeing Dredd in action might help a bit ;)
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Never read the comic, didn't see all of the original Stallone movie, but I kinda want to see this.

I might see it next weekend.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By PikminMania

@k4tzm4n said:

@PikminMania: Cool, but FYI you don't need to know the source material to appreciate the film. It stands on its own quite well.

Well I kinda just wanted to bump the thread anyway. But I read the Dredd comic and I'd say he's badass enough that I've got to see the film. When I first saw the film trailer I was hoping it would be good, and RottenTomatoes confirms that.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TDK_1997  Online

I still haven't seen Dredd 3D.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget

To those who haven't yet seen Dredd in theaters, do so now. It's an amazing action film.

Tholt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tholt

Batman would win this. Peach Trees in lock down would be like a giant playground for a stealth fighter. In a more open environment I'd give it to Dredd.

goodguy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By goodguy24

I wanna say Batman wins, but I haven't even seen this Judge Dredd movie yet to really Judge, but i'm guessing Batman wins still.

ogarza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ogarza

dredd wins because bale batman sucks

ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ckal

I wanted to see Dredd this weekend, but didn't get a chance. Such a shame it's only going to make $6 mil for the whole opening weekend...been hearing very good things.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

To those who haven't yet seen Dredd in theaters, do so now. It's an amazing action film.

I enjoyed The Raid: Redemption much more (since everyone is drawing comparisons), but I agree, it's certainly something worth checking out for action fans.
Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saw Dredd on a special screening last week. It was really good.

If Dredd is armed and they start off spaced out, there is a good chance that Dredd kills Wayne. If the battle goes H2H, Dredd looses.

stonerthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By stonerthps

Dredd in a stomp.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@High Revolutionary said:

If Dredd is armed and they start off spaced out, there is a good chance that Dredd kills Wayne. If the battle goes H2H, Dredd looses.

Starting distance and details are provided in the OP. 

@stonerthps said:

Dredd in a stomp.

Care to elaborate and get a debate going? ;)
stonerthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By stonerthps

@k4tzm4n said:

@stonerthps said:

Dredd in a stomp.

Care to elaborate and get a debate going? ;)

Well personally I just see dredd shooting bats in the face and being done with it. He's not gonna toy with him like most of the batman villains or sit their and talk to him. He's just gonna get things done.

Avatar image for high_revolutionary
High Revolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

Yes I know that. I wasn't speculating.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I could kind of see the comparison's but at the same time, it was completely different.

Luster77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Luster77

@k4tzm4n:HELL YEAH, THE RAID WAS THE BOMB!!!!

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n: Yeah, I could kind of see the comparison's but at the same time, it was completely different.

Certainly.  If you had to pick though, which did you prefer? 

GUN TO HEAD, MAN!
Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Eternal19

Havent seen the movie but, it looked like it was going to be really stupid. But, based on how Bale Batman can be beaten by anyone im going with Dredd

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator
No Caption Provided

Dredd.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: O_O

I SWEAR I LIKE THE RAID BETTER!

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

I watched it before it's world-wide release.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Deranged Midget said:

@k4tzm4n: O_O

I SWEAR I LIKE THE RAID BETTER!

haha I just meant be honest, not say the same opinion as me :P 

@Frozen said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I watched it before it's world-wide release.

Fancy pants.  Yeah, there was a free screening here in New York a few days prior but I didn't sign up early enough.
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@k4tzm4n: I honestly can't remember Dredd's feats. Anyone care to fill me in on them? For now I'll say Batman. Batman was trained by the League of Shadows and he was taught how to be stealthy. From my observations, this version of Batman relied more on the element of fear and his stealth. Dredd won't be afraid here, however Batman won't be an idiot and try and fight him straight on. Batman will use his stealth to his advantage, in an environment like this, it's near perfect. If you watch how Batman fights, he uses his stealth to scare criminals, make them stumble and miss, he toys with them. Though it's all part of his strategy, Dredd certainly has fire-power. He also isn't an idiot with a gun, so this will be tougher for Batman - Honestly, I can see Batman using his smoke-pellets to his advantage and playing it smart, eventually taking Dredd by surprise.

This is quite tough.

Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Batman gets shot in the chest. DONE.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Xanni15

Dredd would most likely take this quite easily. Batman's armor isn't as cracked up as it seems and Dredd had better durability, gear, knowledge of the terrain, and as someone else said a ruthlessness Batman won't be able to deal with. I could see Batman trying to talk to him but Dredd just blowing holes in him.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

Thanks for pointing that out.  I forgot to add it in the OP, but this is the first time both are in the complex. 
k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Frozen said:

@k4tzm4n: I honestly can't remember Dredd's feats. Anyone care to fill me in on them? For now I'll say Batman. Batman was trained by the League of Shadows and he was taught how to be stealthy. From my observations, this version of Batman relied more on the element of fear and his stealth. Dredd won't be afraid here, however Batman won't be an idiot and try and fight him straight on. Batman will use his stealth to his advantage, in an environment like this, it's near perfect. If you watch how Batman fights, he uses his stealth to scare criminals, make them stumble and miss, he toys with them. Though it's all part of his strategy, Dredd certainly has fire-power. He also isn't an idiot with a gun, so this will be tougher for Batman - Honestly, I can see Batman using his smoke-pellets to his advantage and playing it smart, eventually taking Dredd by surprise.

This is quite tough.

Regarding feats, he had a solid accuracy feat in the opening sequence (shot to the mouth) and his only real hand-to-hand display was crushing the other Judge's trachea.  
frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

@Frozen said:

This is quite tough.

Regarding feats, he had a solid accuracy feat in the opening sequence (shot to the mouth) and his only real hand-to-hand display was crushing the other Judge's trachea.

Interesting. I'm thinking of how he will stack up against Batman's skills. Batman was probably physically superior and the better combatant, I think Batman could use his smoke-pellets to his advantage. Batman was disarming trained SWAT teams, but he had the advantage of Sonar and Fox helping him, their shooting skills probably don't match up to Dredd's either.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to add it in the OP, but this is the first time both are in the complex.

Doesn't really change much, Bale's Batman has never faced someone on Dredd's level before. Bane wanted to fight him, Joker really wasn't physically impressive, and Ra's was sneaky.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot to add it in the OP, but this is the first time both are in the complex.

Doesn't really change much, Bale's Batman has never faced someone on Dredd's level before. Bane wanted to fight him, Joker really wasn't physically impressive, and Ra's was sneaky.

When Batman trained and got into top shape, he was equaling Bane, near enough anyways.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Batman does know how to work his way around a building. We saw him working his way around that construction site in The Dark Knight, however he had Sonar-Tech and Fox's help. I think he will be using his grapple-gun here.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Xanni15

@Frozen said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

When Batman trained and got into top shape, he was equaling Bane, near enough anyways.

I don't see why that matters, though. Dredd would just shoot Bane. Batman's only chance is to sneak up on Dredd or else get riddled with holes or maybe blown up by an incendiary round.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Xanni15 said:

@Frozen said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

I don't see why that matters, though. Dredd would just shoot Bane. Batman's only chance is to sneak up on Dredd or else get riddled with holes or maybe blown up by an incendiary round.

Precisely why I tailor made this environment to benefit stealth.  In any other scenario I imagine it's a more than clear win for Dredd.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Frozen said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

Precisely why I tailor made this environment to benefit stealth. In any other scenario I imagine it's a more than clear win for Dredd.

But Peach Tree wasn't exactly built for stealth, the hallways and doorways were pretty basic. Nobody was really able to sneak up on Dredd in the movie (admittedly no one was on the level of Batman but still...) and he only really suffered damage from the other Dredds. I just don't see Bruce surviving if Dredd sees him.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Frozen said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

Precisely why I tailor made this environment to benefit stealth. In any other scenario I imagine it's a more than clear win for Dredd.

But Peach Tree wasn't exactly built for stealth, the hallways and doorways were pretty basic. Nobody was really able to sneak up on Dredd in the movie (admittedly no one was on the level of Batman but still...) and he only really suffered damage from the other Dredds. I just don't see Bruce surviving if Dredd sees him.

Despite his level of caution while patrolling the complex, he was still tailed by those kids and they were able to get the jump on him.  Is it possible to dispute he knew they were following him and was confident they wouldn't shoot?  Sure, it's possible, but I think there's a lack of evidence to support that notion.  As for the environment, I think there's a lot to benefit stealth.  First and foremost, Wayne has the ability to travel easily thanks to the wide opening in the center.  He won't need to stick to the traditional paths like Dredd.  Secondly, the complex, while generic in layout, is home to a lot of options for stealth options, such as assorted rooms, the elevator tunnel, and, since he has his grappling gun and cape, the center.  After all, Dredd was able to successfully hide from patrols numerous occasions.  It's only fair to believe Wayne could accomplish the same against the Judge.  Throw in the fact they don't begin visible, Wayne has the high ground (insert star wars joke here) and smoke pellets, and I think this has the potential to at least be interesting.
Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Xanni15

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

@Frozen said:

@Xanni15 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

@Xanni15 said:

knowledge of the terrain

Despite his level of caution while patrolling the complex, he was still tailed by those kids and they were able to get the jump on him. Is it possible to dispute he knew they were following him and was confident they wouldn't shoot? Sure, it's possible, but I think there's a lack of evidence to support that notion. As for the environment, I think there's a lot to benefit stealth. First and foremost, Wayne has the ability to travel easily thanks to the wide opening in the center. He won't need to stick to the traditional paths like Dredd. Secondly, the complex, while generic in layout, is home to a lot of options for stealth options, such as assorted rooms, the elevator tunnel, and, since he has his grappling gun and cape, the center. After all, Dredd was able to successfully hide from patrols numerous occasions. It's only fair to believe Wayne could accomplish the same against the Judge. Throw in the fact they don't begin visible, Wayne has the high ground (insert star wars joke here) and smoke pellets, and I think this has the potential to at least be interesting.

I think those kids just got lucky that he happened to be on that level, and like the kids, Batman (in character) has been shown to hesistate and want to talk. Dredd will just put a bullet in Bruce.And I don't think he knew they were following, but he did assume they wouldn't shoot, hence his comment about their safety being on. Let's not forget that it took an armor piercing round to even harm Dredd.

Good point about the center, but Dreed seemed to shy away from that and stick to the hallways (per plot). Batman's H2H feats are much better than Dredd's but I'm of the opinion that it won't get that far. It's a good fight, cool idea too, but (and I know we're not really allowed to do this) switch their places and Dredd easily clears Gotham while I think Bruce would have serve difficulties with Peach Tree.

Kyle_Dornez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kyle_Dornez

I'd say it's more the matter of Bat's armor. If it can take a normal Lawgiver in the chest, then Batman will be able to survive the first encounter and play hide-and-seek until he gets his shot. If not... Well, he was an illegal vigilante after all...

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Deranged Midget

@k4tzm4n: Haha :P

Honestly, as an action film, The Raid is almost impossible to top, but I enjoyed Dredd's acting and plot more than I did Raid.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator

Let me lay down some feats of Batman, which also includes physical feats:

• Outwits Ra's Al Ghul in the League of Shadows
  • Lifts Ra's Al Ghul with only arm while using the other one to grip onto the edge of a cliff
  • Disarms an entire SWAT team and subsequently saves the hostages
  • Lifts Gordon's son with one arm while he had just been shot and was losing blood
  • Takes hits from Bane, a man that cracked people's necks with one arm and shattered some walls of concrete
  • Equaled Bane when he got into top shape

I'm sure I've missed alot, but I'll post some more later.

Xanni15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Xanni15

@Frozen said:

Let me lay down some feats of Batman, which also includes physical feats:

• Outwits Ra's Al Ghul in the League of Shadows
  • Lifts Ra's Al Ghul with only arm while using the other one to grip onto the edge of a cliff
  • Disarms an entire SWAT team and subsequently saves the hostages
  • Lifts Gordon's son with one arm while he had just been shot and was losing blood
  • Takes hits from Bane, a man that cracked people's necks with one arm and shattered some walls of concrete
  • Equaled Bane when he got into top shape

I'm sure I've missed alot, but I'll post some more later.

And yet Ra's outwitted him in BB, Bruce didn't see the water being poisoned (or Talia's betrayal or Joker going after Harvey Dent)

I though he had a claw like thing on his arm?

The SWAT team that was about to shoot hostages?

Not impressive.

Bane was toying with him, once he wasn't Bat's back was broken.

He did not equal him.

Batman has 3 movies compared to one for Dredd, I'm sure Batman has more feats.

KingAres109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KingAres109

Hmmm Dredd Shoots Bats in the face and say"I am the Lawww"!Lol

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@Xanni15:

And yet Ra's outwitted him in BB, Bruce didn't see the water being poisoned (or Talia's betrayal or Joker going after Harvey Dent)

Bruce out-witted him in combat. When they were in the League of Shadows HQ, he quickly out-witted Ra's. The rest that you listed were all planned out, with the exception of Joker, who was completely unpredictable.

I though he had a claw like thing on his arm?

...You mean his gauntlet? Yes, but he still had the strength to lift him. The other was gripping onto the edge, but it wasn't that tight.

The SWAT team that was about to shoot hostages?

Yes.

Not impressive.

Considering that he had been shot for about a minute or two, and was losing blood - It was quite impressive.

Bane was toying with him, once he wasn't Bat's back was broken.

No. Bane beat a Batman that was old and had just come back. Once Batman got back into shape and determined, he was equaling Bane in combat.

Batman has 3 movies compared to one for Dredd, I'm sure Batman has more feats.

Exactly. That's one of the reason he wins.