• 148 results
zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By zee crusher

sorry for some odd reason galactus has been brough up alot but my friend asked em this and i was wondering imperex been known to destroy universes and kill doomsday retty easily

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

I think Imperiex is stronger.

Avatar image for the_legion_of_doom
The Legion of Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"I think Imperiex is stronger."

I kinda agree.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zee crusher

Yeah i think i should have probably put a full power galactus but it doesnt matter galaxy has 200 to 400 bilion solar systems aplanet has up to 6 billion people think imperiex wins.

Zaraki Ichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Zaraki Ichigo

Tough one, but Imperiex probably has the edge.

BUMPER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BUMPER

BUMP!!!

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Apparition

i dont know imperiex that well

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Sparda

Eck

The ripoff wins....

darksoul7th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By darksoul7th

Imperiex! Wins!

Ocelot100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ocelot100

been done

Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RiseofApocalypse

Galactus. 

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By mrtrickster

imperiex for the win 
the dude contain the big bang and could actually destroy and recreate universe. superman need kismet to possesed him via plot device to crack imperiex armor.  kismet is dc's equivalent to eternity,
anyway here's imperiex feat  impeiex destroy and recreate the universe  

imperiex destroy maxima galaxy in easy fashion  

imperiex contains big bang 

normal big G isn't that powerful, he's incapable of destroy universes, only BCS galactus can reach that level(which is non-canon)
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Galactus > Galactus ripoff.

Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Thor's hammmer

according to forum rules unless stated otherwise don't they get standard equipment? if so Galactus ultimate nulifies him.
Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Warcry80
@Thor's hammmer said:
"according to forum rules unless stated otherwise don't they get standard equipment? if so Galactus ultimate nulifies him. "

Galactus currently has the Ultimate Nullifier?????
Thor's hammmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thor's hammmer
@Warcry80 said:
"@Thor's hammmer said:
"according to forum rules unless stated otherwise don't they get standard equipment? if so Galactus ultimate nulifies him. "
Galactus currently has the Ultimate Nullifier????? "

its part of him.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

ChaosBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By ChaosBlazer

@logy5000: why the bump? It seems pretty clear that most people think Imperiex wins...

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackadamFTW

Imperiex should win....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ChaosBlazer: Ha. Bump again.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Killemall

@ChaosBlazer said:

@logy5000: why the bump? It seems pretty clear that most people think Imperiex wins...

Because thats not correct to being with.

Most of the feats put forward are a little mis-interpreted.

1. There is no mention of that being a universe anywhere and the feat in question is from Our world at War Secret Files Issue 01 (Page 04 -08)

2. The destruction of Maxima's galaxy take place entire off panel and we dont know how he achieved it at all. For all we know he had a billion probe destroy one star at a time.

3. The last set of scan is where Imperix gets BFRed to the point of big bang where he goes boom alongside the actual big bang. Not even sure why people though that as a feat, despite the fact that imperix is trapped into Braniac planet (the warworld) against his wishes, and is getting BFRed by a sundipped Superman o_O.

He clearly doesnt have feats to prove his power. Not sure why people just assume he is more powerful than Galactus.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Blackice709

rip offfff

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Needlebay

Imperiex.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Killemall

Galactus has much better showing of power than Imperix.

Needlebay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Needlebay

Maybe against Imperix, but this is Imperiex we're talking about. :p

JackKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JackKnight

Galactus.

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Omniscience

Galactus, due to reasons mentioned by @Killemall. I like that guy.

Omniscience.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By 18hunt

@zee crusher said:

sorry for some odd reason galactus has been brough up alot but my friend asked em this and i was wondering imperex been known to destroy universes and kill doomsday retty easily

He is so strong his drone can kill doomsday easily

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 18hunt

Imperiex due to being better without trying and his drones are incredibly strong

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galactus

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

galactus.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperiex

Avatar image for deactivated-5da8e253e9df8
deactivated-5da8e253e9df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#34 frozen  Moderator

@killemall: Um, that was the Universe he destroyed and re-created....there are also several more refrences to his power to consume the Universe and easily destroy Galaxies.

Bump.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Sy8000  Online

@frozen said:

@killemall: Um, that was the Universe he destroyed and re-created....there are also several more refrences to his power to consume the Universe and easily destroy Galaxies.

Bump.

And Galactus has also destroyed galaxies easily and endangered the universe in his fight with the other and Scrier.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser said:

@frozen said:

Bump.

And Galactus has also destroyed galaxies easily and endangered the universe in his fight with the other and Scrier.

Imperiex destroyed and re-created the Universe from the ashes of the old, he was repeatedly destroying it, I think it's pretty obvious it was the Universe he did so to.

Though Galactus will probably win.

DatSwampertAzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperiex

Galan merks him and i told you this LAST week why galactus wins >_>

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frozen  Moderator
MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Equal tending towards Imperiex due to Galan's power instability

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Here, this piece of narration from Superman: Our Worlds at War Secret Files and Origins pretty much confirms it. Factor in the heavy use of biblical narration...

No Caption Provided

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sy8000  Online

@frozen: full power galactus? I never mentioned him.

If imperiex was so powerful why did he need to destroy earth to destroy the universe? Honest question, I didn't read our worlds at war.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Sy8000  Online

@frozen: I don't see what that scan proves. Certainly not that he was using his own power for that.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: I dunno, the story-line was dumb and Loeb wrote parts of it, it was pretty much confirmed he destroyed the Universe in Superman: Our Worlds at War Secret Files and Origins but then creating it again with the ashes.

The scan confirmed it was a Universe he destroyed, prior to that he was with a bunch of aliens, the mention of it being Universe is clearly stated and the biblical passages are confirming that. It was Imperiex.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sy8000  Online

@frozen: you sure it wasn't just a dimension ? There weren't any alternate universes at that time since infinite crisis hadn't happened yet.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: No, it says Universe and you sure about that? The sequel to Kingdom Come shows that Kingdom Come is in the same timeline as Post-Crisis timeline until IIRC the timelines are separated to different Earth. Also didn't Ultraman and that appear too?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Sy8000  Online

@frozen: timelines can be separated and still be in the same universe, and ultraman is from the anti matter universe.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: Not sure how that works but I'm pretty sure it was Earth 96 KC moved to and then changed the name to Earth 22, IIRC that was the main Universe he destroyed.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sy8000  Online

@frozen: soooo...there was a multiverse and Alex Luthor just pretended there wasn't?

The whole post crisis multiverse situation confuses me.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@highaccuser: I don't know, but Infinite Crisisignored a lot of stuff, the JLA/Avengers crossover was also canon I should add.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uberhikari

No matter how many times you debunk Imperiex's supposed power, he keeps coming back. The Imperiex myth is like a roach or a zombie. My entire post taken from THIS thread (with necessary revisions):

Let me explain the entire context surrounding Imperiex Prime supposedly destroying and recreating the universe:

Pay close attention to the small panel on the left in scan 1. What do you see in the background? You can clearly see a machine beginning to power up and become operational. That is one of Imperiex's constructs which he uses for the process of "hollowing."

Now, go to scan 2 and look at the background in the small panel. What do you see? Imperiex's construct has become fully operational, and Imperiex proclaims, "Let the hollowing begin!"

Why are those machines--constructs--there and what do they do? Those are the machines that Imperiex uses to INDUCE a big bang. They are a necessary part of the process of hollowing. (I'll explain more about hollowing below.)

Now, go to scan 3 and look at what Imperiex says, "THIS IS THE FINAL PLANET IN THE CHAIN. Herein, the great task of Imperiex is completed." From this we see that not only does Imperiex actually need his machines, i.e., constructs, but he also has to destroy planets via the process of hollowing in a specific chain in order to INDUCE a big bang

Imperiex Prime has NEVER shown the ability to create a big bang on his own, but rather his constructs are necessary to start the chain reaction that eventually results in a big bang taking place. If you'll notice in my initial post, this is exactly what I stated. Imperiex absolutely does NOT casually wield the power of inducing big bangs and destroying and recreating universes. If Imperiex had this power from the beginning, he wouldn't have needed to invade the Earth at all (or any other place for that matter.) Imperiex Prime could have just snapped his fingers and, voila, big bang.

Now, go to scans 6 & 7, and you'll also see that another one of my claims is confirmed, which is that after inducing a big bang Imperiex basically goes into hibernation. Then he wakes up and the process starts all over again. In scan 6 we see Imperiex in a fetal position and in scan 7 we see Liri Lee of the Linear Men state, "Such is the paradox of this mission and in truth of all our missions. Imperiex sleeps. And when he awakens--"

So, there are 3 CRUCIAL pieces of context that you conveniently left out when you posted those scans: 1) Imperiex does NOT have the power to create a big bang; he needs to use his constructs to engage in the process of "hollowing" to induce a big bang; 2) Imperiex needs to destroy planets in a specific chain via hollowing in order to bring about a big bang; and 3) Imperiex can only use this power 1 time, because he basically goes into hibernation after he uses it.

Now, let me explain the process of hollowing and why Imperiex needs to destroy specific planets in a specific chain in order to induce a big bang. First, let me deal with the process of hollowing and what it means.

Hollowing is the process whereby either Imperiex or his Probes use constructs--the machines mentioned earlier--to turn a planet (or even a galaxy) into quanta energy so that it can be absorbed by Imperiex Prime. Here is an explanation and some examples.

The process of hollowing is mentioned and described in Wonder Woman-Our Worlds at War by a Daily Planet article (the relevant section starts at the top of the second column):

No Caption Provided

As you can see from the article, the process of hollowing involves the transmutation of planets (and, as we'll see later on, sometimes entire galaxies) into cosmic quanta energy. An example of this can be seen when Young Justice witnesses such an event in a possible future when they're time-jumping. The scans are pretty self-explanatory.

Lastly, Veridium explains what the constructs, i.e., hollowers are and how they operate:

No Caption Provided

Therefore, hollowing is the process whereby Imperiex uses machines that transform a planet (or galaxy) into cosmic quanta energy so that Imperiex can absorb said energy.

Now, let me explain why Imperiex Prime needs to destroy specific planets in a specific chain. Apparently, Earth-Prime serves as a nexus point for the DC multiverse and it's only by destroying Earth-Prime via the process of hollowing that Imperiex can actually induce a big bang. Here's the explanation:

No Caption Provided

As the old guy explains, Earth-Prime is the linchpin that holds the universe together. It keeps the integrity of the structure of the universe together. So, it's only by destroying Earth-Prime that Imperiex can induce a big bang by collapsing this nexus of reality. So, again, Imperiex Prime does NOT have the power to create a big bang and destroy/re-create the universe. He can only do this by targeting a specific nexus point which is Earth-Prime. In other words, Imperiex needs to target specific areas throughout the universe via the process of hollowing so that he can compromise the structural integrity of the universe and INDUCE a big bang.

Also, it's very important to mention this here: NO Imperiex Probes ever destroyed any galaxy. Probes using constructs destroyed a galaxy but NO Probes ever did. I think you're misunderstanding what occurred. Notice what Maxima says in this scan, "Yes, we have all seen how the 'hollowers' can annihilate a world...a galaxy in hours--" What destroyed Maxima's galaxy was NOT the Imperiex Probes but the hollower machines. The constructs grew to encompass Maxima's entire galaxy and then transmuted it into cosmic quanta energy. Remember what Veridum said in the previous scan, "Each creche continues to work and mate, and so on. Volumetric expansion at an exponential rate." Imperiex Probes by themselves do NOT possess the ability to destroy a galaxy. I might add that Imperiex Prime has never shown this ability either.

Finally, going by actual feats neither Imperiex's Probes nor Imperiex Prime is all that powerful, and they're fairly easy to defeat (all you need to do is crack the armor and they explode). Honestly, I wouldn't even say Imperiex Prime is at skyfather level. Let's take a look at all the characters who have either defeated Imperiex's Probes or Imperiex Prime himself:

1. Imperiex's Probes have been beaten by a normal, unamped Superman on several occasions: Superman defeated one with very little help from Mongul II; He defeated one after the destruction of Kansas; He defeated one when he saved Krypto; He defeated multiple Probes (it's not clear how many) when he took out several hollowing constructs on Earth; etc.

2. Wonder Woman (Diana) defeated a Probe in space when she cracked its armor, although she did get wrecked from the blast.

3. Hippolyta took out 2 Probes by herself and stopped a hollowing construct; although she subsequently died from her injuries.

4. Lois Lane's father, Sam Lane, destroyed one by igniting the nuclear core in his tank. (Yes, these probes are so weak they can even be taken out by nuclear blasts.)

5. Hell, even Young Justice was able to stall an Imperiex Probe for long enough to awaken/alert Brainiac 13!

6. Imperiex Prime immediately became helpless when an amped Superman, who by the way wasn't even that strong, cracked his suit and let out his energy. In fact, Imperiex Prime wasn't even strong enough without his suit to resist being subsumed/absorbed by Brainiac 13. And Brainiac 13 certainly isn't even skyfather level. Going by feats, Zeus would probably stomp Brainiac 13.

(If you want scans of each of these events I can provide them, but presumably you already know this since you've read the story.)

Here is an amped Superman easily breaking Imperiex Prime's containment suit and Brainiac 13 absorbing Imperiex Prime's energy form with no problem whatsoever:

Imperiex Prime is so weak that without his containment suit, he's completely helpless, lol. So helpless, in fact, that Brainiac 13, who is slightly above herald level, can absorb Imperiex. For someone of Odin's power, who is himself a vast energy manipulator, cracking Imperiex Prime's containment suit and then absorbing him would be a piece of cake.

7. And when both Brainiac 13 and Imperiex Prime were finally defeated by an amped Superman who, again wasn't that strong, both were completely helpless and couldn't resist being sent through a transtemporal, transdimensional boom tube to the beginning of the universe, where Imperiex Prime would be trapped right after the big bang and Brainiac 13 would have his entire consciousness spread out over the universe. In fact, towards the end Imperiex Prime was crying out, "Free me."

Seriously, Imperiex Prime is incredibly weak. Not only was he not able to free himself from Brainiac 13 but he was scared of being sent through a boom tube to the beginning of the universe. Odin, on the other hand, can travel inter-dimensionally and manipulate time in his sleep. If Superman had tried to BFR Odin through a boom tube Odin would have closed that boom tube with a wave of his hand and then chuckled at Superman's feeble attempt.

Finally, here is the explanation for and the scans of Odin BFR'ing universe-destroying flames from Surtur. (SKIP ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE.) This comes straight from one of the most respected and accomplished debaters on comicvine: killemall. As killemall explains, even though Surtur was cut off from his multiversal energy source, the remaining energy he had was still enough to destroy the 9 realms.

So, in conclusion, neither Imperiex Prime nor the Imperiex Probes are as strong as you think they are. Like I stated previously, going by feats they aren't even as strong as skyfathers like Zeus. 1) Imperiex Prime can NOT create a big bang and destroy/recreate the universe using his own power, he needs prep time, his hollower machines, and he needs to pinpoint specific nexus points to compromise the structural integrity of the universe; 2) Imperiex Prime can only do this once and then he goes into hibernation for billions and billions of years; 3) Neither Imperiex Probes nor Imperiex Prime ever destroyed a galaxy; 4) Imperiex Probes and Imperiex Prime are extremely weak (the former can be taken out by nuclear blasts and the latter got beat by an amped Superman who's not even stronger than Silver Surfer); 5) After you break their containment suits, both Imperiex Probes and Imperiex Prime are completely helpless.

Therefore, since Odin has actual feats of BFR'ing universe-destroying energy, even if Imperiex Prime could induce a big bang it wouldn't help him (even if Odin just sat around allowing Imepriex all the prep time to do so; not that Odin would do so anyway). Thus, I maintain that Odin would stomp Imperiex Prime or, at the very least, defeat him with little difficulty.

Imperiex Prime and his Imperiex Probes are all hype. Sorry to disappoint you.