Darquesse (SP) vs Sauron (LoTR)

• 55 results
Hovant1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm going to go with Darquesse because she was pretty much the most powerful thing to ever walk the earth in the Skulduggery Pleasant universe. Most of the time she did like playing with her "food" more than actually finishing the job, she pretty much could of ended any scenario in the book with a thought, she just chose not to and that ultimately led to her downfall. This all being said I'm not sure what Sauron's most powerful can do, But going off the film and the main LOTR books (not the Similarion) I can't really be a good judge of what he can do and what he is capable of.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 thedailybagel  Moderator

@hovant1: wasn't there another person or two that were more powerful than her?

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Baron_von_Santa

@thedailybagel: Her at her most powerful was still weaker than Argeddion, who has mastered life and death.

But her potential is off the charts; it took Argeddion months or at least weeks (I don't have the book with me) to be able to see magic; she saw it in hours.

By the end she could disintegrate you just by concentrating, and she could prevent your energy from leaving this plane. Then recreate the bodies and put it back. But she never used it in major battles.

Ghetsiscmcvne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Ghetsiscmcvne

@leo-343: Don't see how that would affect Sauron since the lightning of the Valar could not destroy his essence And yes Valar >>>> Darquesse. Single Valar have created constellations and the world itself and they are easy starbusters at full power and maybe more. That lightning destroyed and entire continent and sent it to the bottom of the ocean yet Sauron tanked it and his essence remained intact. Sauron's mastery of mindgames and illusions can fool Darquesse rather easily given her past record against mental attacks and Sauron could sucker punch her brain and destroy it. Also he beats her in terms of sheer power and durability as well. His essence is also stronger than her soul.

@hovant1: ^ Those are some of Sauron's feats. He's tricked Saruman, another divine spirit with his mindgames and he enslaved the nine human kings via trickery again. Thats how good his mental powers are.

Avatar image for arcticthehunter
ArcticTheHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Look, I could point out that Darquesse is multiversal and could now erase Sauron with a thought, but that's no fun. So, here's why I think DoTL Darquesse would win

1. Darquesse blocked the god-killer sword. In SP book 1, it is explicitly stated that no barrier can stop the god-killers, showing that she can manipulate and bypass the laws of magic

2. A single remnant could easily control one of the most powerful psychics in the world, but Darquesse resisted thousands of them at once. Clearly, her TP resistance is incredible

3. The black flames leave NOTHING BEHIND. No soul, no energy, no matter. They should have no trouble killing Sauron, who has never encountered such an attack. Existence erasure just isn't a thing in LoTR

4. As we learn in the 13th book, The Faceless Ones COULDN'T possess Darquesse, and she can use magic without her body

5. Even though Darquesse is weak to her brain being destroyed, this only applies to when she isn't out. That is to say, if VALKYRIE'S brain is destroyed, Darquesse can't save her. However, when she is active, the deathtouch gauntlet couldn't kill her soul despite it causing instant brain death.