Carl Grimes vs King Joffery

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who would win in a fisticuffs match between the two most messed up kids in literature and TV?

aquaman01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carl would destroy IMO. Of course I only know Joffery for the first 3 seasons of Games of Thrones. He may be taller and older than carl, but he literally has no guts.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carl would destroy IMO. Of course I only know Joffery for the first 3 seasons of Games of Thrones. He may be taller and older than carl, but he literally has no guts.

Which is exactly why he'd have no problem fighting a kid 6 years younger than him.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ZombieMowlcher
Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: But he is quite shorter than him. Also Carl has aged a bit too.

AmazingAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carl would go straight for the groin and wouldn't be coy about kicking him while he's down... the he'd go for the quick kill.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Book vs Comic book versions - Joffrey. Carl is 9 & Joffrey 14, the level of maturation in that period is too great to overcome.

TV vs show - Carl. Joffrey is 17 at the moment, Carl is 14 & has been through a lot more, he could take him.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a difference between a short adult and being a young boy.

Joffrey is a terrible human being and a total coward...but he's been trained in war.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Carl isn't a slouch either. I think it would come down to whoever fight's dirtier.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rogueshadow  Moderator

@zombiemowlcher said:

Joffrey is a terrible human being and a total coward...but he's been trained in war.

They tried to train him. They failed. He wouldn't even fight Robb with wooden swords [books], he wouldn't fight for his own kingdom, he went to run under his mother's skirts. Carl shot his mother. The only time he's done anything physical was to an unarmed little girl whilst he was armed with lion's tooth. TV versions Carl ends him, he probably sticks his fingers in his eyes or bashes his skull with a rock. He's been living in a warzone for 2 years now.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby said:
@zombiemowlcher said:

They tried to train him. They failed. He wouldn't even fight Robb with wooden swords [books], he wouldn't fight for his own kingdom, he went to run under his mother's skirts. Carl shot his mother. The only time he's done anything physical was to an unarmed little girl whilst he was armed with lion's tooth. TV versions Carl ends him, he probably sticks his fingers in his eyes or bashes his skull with a rock. He's been living in a warzone for 2 years now.

He wouldn't fight robb with wooden swords....he wanted to use real steel. He wouldn't fight a battle against trained soldiers...doesn't mean he wouldn't fight an unarmed kid 6 years his junior.

think about it like this...its a 20 year old fighting a 14 year old. He's not going to go into this fight afraid.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@shawnbaby: Jack Gleeson is in his twenties but Joffrey is 17, Carl is 14. I always thought that was a gambit, he knew full well Rodrick wouldn't let him use steel, so to not lose face and appear badass he claimed to want to use steel, but there is no real answer to that, though his general cowardice throughout the series makes it highly likely.

Anyway like I said I actually think that book beats comic, since Carl is 9, but TV versions Carl win, there is only 3 years in it. He'd probably gouge his eyes out or bash his skull with a rock. Going in afraid won't make a difference and I think he would be, Joffrey's been intimidated by Tyrion & Arya [I know it was with Nymeria, but he was legitimately afraid of her too, begging her not to harm him]. Carl's dealing with walkers on a daily basis, Joffrey's a sadistic tyrant who commands other to do violence for him & who hasn't fought for anything a day in his life

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By XxGin

Carl

His the ultimate mama's boy.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieMowlcher

@rogueshadow: @shawnbaby: I know a few 14 year olds who could take on someone a few years older than them. I think, physically, Carl can take Joff.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: Jack Gleeson is in his twenties but Joffrey is 17, Carl is 14. I always thought that was a gambit, he knew full well Rodrick wouldn't let him use steel, so to not lose face and appear badass he claimed to want to use steel, but there is no real answer to that, though his general cowardice throughout the series makes it highly likely.

Anyway like I said I actually think that book beats comic, since Carl is 9, but TV versions Carl win, there is only 3 years in it. He'd probably gouge his eyes out or bash his skull with a rock. Going in afraid won't make a difference and I think he would be, Joffrey's been intimidated by Tyrion & Arya [I know it was with Nymeria, but he was legitimately afraid of her too, begging her not to harm him]. Carl's dealing with walkers on a daily basis, Joffrey's a sadistic tyrant who commands other to do violence for him & who hasn't fought for anything a day in his life

Joffrey is older than 17 in the show. As far as the thing about him using real steel...that's just your theory. Joffrey, especially at that point in time, does not think of himself as a coward. As regards the incident with Arya...that was after Nymeria attacked him and Arya had his sword. Had the wolf not been there and Arya was unarmed...he would not have been pissing himself. Carl is unarmed.

Walkers are slow and mindless. Dealing with them takes no real skill. The first walker Carl came across alone was stuck in the mud and it still scared him. You mock Joffrey's lack of fighting...but Carl hasn't done anything of note without his Gun.

ZombieMowlcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shawnbaby: And Joffery really isn't threatining without a crossbow. Carl isn't afraid to straight up kill someone himself.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

@shawnbaby said:

@rogueshadow said:

Joffrey is older than 17 in the show. As far as the thing about him using real steel...that's just your theory. Joffrey, especially at that point in time, does not think of himself as a coward. As regards the incident with Arya...that was after Nymeria attacked him and Arya had his sword. Had the wolf not been there and Arya was unarmed...he would not have been pissing himself. Carl is unarmed.

Walkers are slow and mindless. Dealing with them takes no real skill. The first walker Carl came across alone was stuck in the mud and it still scared him. You mock Joffrey's lack of fighting...but Carl hasn't done anything of note without his Gun.

He is 17. His 17th nameday was at the beginning of season 2, and we know it's been less than a year since Dany got her Dragons. Yeah, that's my theory, but it's highly likely considering the general way Joffrey was portrayed throughout the rest of the series. Regardless I think book version beats comics. I disagree, He would have been terrified of Arya with just a sword in my opinion, like I said, he's intimidated by Tyrion, Carl wouldn't have been scared of Arya with a sword, and if Tyrion had slapped him, Carl probably would have stabbed him in the eye.

Walkers are less dangerous than humans, but they are worth more than nothing, which is exactly wheat Joffrey has. Carl's progressed massively since Dale's death, he's gone into he tombs by himself to investigate a noise & went to find medical supplies by himself. Joffrey has done nothing that shows guts, toughness or physical ability/skill, he is the same mentally that he was in season 1. I agree about the fact Carl has no h2h, but neither of them do, this debate is really just speculation, there is actually no tangible substance to debate in terms of h2h feats, but Carl is more ruthless, tougher & battle hardened.

Carl is actually very good with his gun, he pretty much always hits anything he aims for close up, even whilst running away, and he shot at the Woodbury attacker from very far away, he didn't hit him but all of his shots were within a few feet, that is actually really difficult at that distance with just a handgun such as his, but that doesn't really make a difference since they have no guns.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Shawnbaby

@rogueshadow: I've never said Joffrey wasn't a coward....I just said he wouldn't be afraid of Carl. And with no h2h feats for either of them...logic sides with the older, larger boy winning the fight.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rogueshadow  Moderator

@shawnbaby: I think he would be, he'd be afraid of anyone who could harm him, he'd just yell I am the king whilst Carl poked his eyes out. And it really doesn't matter whether he's afraid or not when he's dead. Regardless, there aren't any solid h2h feats for either, but Carl has shown himself to be a lot tougher, battle hardened and more ruthless and as I said the age difference isn't that great, just 3 years. Carl wins here.

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Shawnbaby

@rogueshadow said:

@shawnbaby: I think he would be, he'd be afraid of anyone who could harm him, he'd just yell I am the king whilst Carl poked his eyes out. And it really doesn't matter whether he's afraid or not when he's dead. Regardless, there aren't any solid h2h feats for either, but Carl has shown himself to be a lot tougher, battle hardened and more ruthless and as I said the age difference isn't that great, just 3 years. Carl wins here.

If you're talking Carl in the TV series...he's showed no degree of ruthlessness at all. He's shown a large degree of pragmatism...but that's it. He's a tough kid. And shown no degree of H2H. Now, Joffrey hasn't shown any either so that's about equal...but he's a lot more ruthless. Ask Roz and that other whore Tyrion hired for him. Ask Sansa Stark. You can mock Joffrey for being scared after getting attacked by a direwolf and having a sword held tohis throat...but Carl gets a pass for being scared of a zombie that fell over? Carl had a Gun.

In the Comics...Carl's 9 years old (and that's current...he starts the series at 7)..he's a lot more ruthless...but he hasn't even hit puberty yet. Book Joffrey dominates Book Carl.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I hope they both die.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rogueshadow  Moderator

@rogueshadow said:

If you're talking Carl in the TV series...he's showed no degree of ruthlessness at all. He's shown a large degree of pragmatism...but that's it. He's a tough kid. And shown no degree of H2H. Now, Joffrey hasn't shown any either so that's about equal...but he's a lot more ruthless. Ask Roz and that other whore Tyrion hired for him. Ask Sansa Stark. You can mock Joffrey for being scared after getting attacked by a direwolf and having a sword held tohis throat...but Carl gets a pass for being scared of a zombie that fell over? Carl had a Gun.

In the Comics...Carl's 9 years old (and that's current...he starts the series at 7)..he's a lot more ruthless...but he hasn't even hit puberty yet. Book Joffrey dominates Book Carl.

I'm not going to argue semantics but from where I'm standing, shooting your mother in the head so she doesn't reanimate is ruthless. Killing Ros, hurting Sansa show he's sadistic & ruthless, but not in an way that would impact a fight, he's just lacking remorse. Carl is willing to go to extreme measures, even when it causes him physical or emotional pain. Yeah. Carl does get a pass, it was over a year ago within continuity and he hadn't been as exposed to walkers at that point, since then he's taken out multiple walkers so it has essentially been rendered moot, whereas Joffrey hasn't advanced in any way since then.

I agree book series dominates comics... As I've said in pretty much every post.

But this thread is primarily based on conjecture so...

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shawnbaby

@rogueshadow said:

@shawnbaby said:
@rogueshadow said:

I'm not going to argue semantics but from where I'm standing, shooting your mother in the head so she doesn't reanimate is ruthless. Killing Ros, hurting Sansa show he's sadistic & ruthless, but not in an way that would impact a fight, he's just lacking remorse. Carl is willing to go to extreme measures, even when it causes him physical or emotional pain. Yeah. Carl does get a pass, it was over a year ago within continuity and he hadn't been as exposed to walkers at that point, since then he's taken out multiple walkers so it has essentially been rendered moot, whereas Joffrey hasn't advanced in any way since then.

I agree book series dominates comics... As I've said in pretty much every post.

But this thread is primarily based on conjecture so...

Shooting your mother in the head so she doesn't turn into a zombie that will eat you and your sister is not ruthless...it's pragmatic. It's also a Mercy...since Lori would not want to come back and eat her children. And Lori was dead already.

I don't really consider Joffrey being afraid of a Giant Wolf and an Angry girl with a sword to be really that much of a low point. I think most people would be pissing themselves in that situation.

UFT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By UFT

current carl fights monstrous zombies on a daily basis and survived almost being eaten by cannibals without losing his shit. joff's never done anything physical. however if he has armor on, carl might just break his hand after an unlucky blow.

remember he's used to punching and kicking jelly donut walkers that explode when smashed against a wall. not an armored 16 year old.

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers