Captain America vs Spiderman (Movie Versions)

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@frozen said:

@wolverine08 said:

@fallschirmjager said:

Wow. watching the Avengers fight between Loki and Cap was pathetic compared to the choreography in TWS. lol

It's kind of hard for most CBM H2H fight scenes to not look mediocre when viewed in comparison to the TWS fights.

The Russo brothers went crazy in that department indeed.

Man of Steel had better fight choreography.

Yeah, I can see why one would say that, but I do think that you have to scale it in perspective. In terms of street level choreography in a CBM, I think Winter Soldier has managed to get the number one spot as of now. The martial arts there were pretty exemplary for a CBM.

eh...they were different and both great.

TWS scenes were shot with more emphasis on martial skill between super soldiers...it was hyper-realism.

MoS was less focused on Martial Skill (though Faora had some pretty great moves) and more focused on unstoppable super powered aliens.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

When did he one-arm curl a van.. don't remember that.

Uh, it's the most famous scene of the movie. It was in like, every trailer.

Loading Video...

Cap easily has enough striking strength to put the hurt on Peter.

Sure he does. He doesn't have the speed to hit him however nor the durability to keep his head attached to his body after a punch from Spidey.

he's the much better fighter

Better fighter sure, but I don't see why that would make a difference in a fight where he's hopelessly outclassed in terms of stats.

has insane durability to blunt force

Don't you think you're overstating it just a tad?

and has fought fast fighters before

Uh, who has he fought with superhuman, bullet-timing speed?

Let me rephrase that; Who has he fought with superhuman speed, who also hopelessly outclasses him in every other department in terms of physicals?

things are only looking to be in his favor.

Yeah, in bizarro world, maybe.

The only thing in Cap's favor is fighting skill, and even there it's barely a factor. You're boasting him like he's Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Anderson Silva, Fedor, Huo Yuanjia and Ip Man all rolled into one, when in reality he barely compares to Bryan Mills from Taken.

However if we, as always, base this fight on who's better at lifting cars then yeah.. Peter would win.

You're just taking the piss now.

If we however base it on factors that actually affect a fight then Cap wins.

What, besides strength, speed, durability, striking power, weapons and other powers for example, precognition? I totally agree.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#203  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@fallschirmjager: The Man of Steel fight scenes were amazing. But Superman never struggled with any of them - none of them hurt him. Even Foara, who was much more skilled was still overpowered by him. They had to double team on him and none of them hurt him. The destruction was fun.

Batman Begins had the worst fight scenes of nearly all CBM's (followed by Daredevil).

@wolverine08 Yeah, though Man of Steel's scale did make it feel more epic.

Jbourne_32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree that TWS was a great movie but Spiderman is too agile. He would simply keep his distance and spam web shots eventually trapping Cap then he would drop a building on him.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: Hahaha, Parker owns Cap the same I stomp you in a debate. ;)

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By WarBlade539

@strider92:

He's coping with damage better because he's mentally prepared for it not because he's any more durable. Peter as I previously stated is not a mentally prepared fighter he's a kid. When you get shot you go into shock this is not the same for Cap who has been in a war zone and has the mental ability to cope better. Not that he's any more durable.

Caps ability to keep operating after being shot 3-5 times >>> Peters ability to operate after being shot once. Maybe not in terms of actual durability, Cap is better at taking bullets, but it shows he has better endurance given Peter was actually limping after being shot while Cap kept going.

IIRC Lizard slammed him into the ground quite a few times and smashed him into walls with his tail and Parker didn't even let go despite the fact he was taking the full force of someone who was tossing cars around. Heck he got thrown through a brick wall here and was fine:

The best he did in that video was throw Peter through two thin walls and slam him into lockers with his tail. Which is impressive but Lizards tail isn't exactly his strongest feature, and Cap has tanked worse than that.

What? Loki outright dominated Cap and wasn't even using anywhere near the full extent of his superhuman speed he displayed in Dark World and remember Loki wanted to be beaten so he could get into SHIELD. This not so much a good showing on Caps behalf as a good one on Loki's as he was able to pretty much stomp Cap until Iron Man showed up despite the fact he wasn't trying to win:

I've literally debated this over a thousand times. Loki's goal at his time of fighting Cap was to put on a show. If he wanted to get captured right then and there he would of hopped into their aircraft. He decided to engage Cap in hand to hand because it was like a little warm up fight for him. Given you can see the genuine surprise on Loki's face after Cap punches him initially, as well as after Cap refuses to kneel to him and kicks him in the face, I'd say Loki was fighting seriously. You even hear it in his voice at the end when he throws Cap. And Cap wasn't being dominated by any means. He landed just as many accurate hits on Loki as Loki did him. Only difference is Loki's durability allows him to tank whatever Steve throws at him. But on that same token, whatever Loki threw at Cap didn't hurt him significantly. It looked like Loki dominated the fight because he threw Cap on the ground a few times but that literally did nothing to Cap in the slightest. It's more of an act of desperation on Loki's part given Loki couldn't injure Cap with his scepter.

No I think Cap will have trouble managing to punch someone out who casually sidestepped bullets at nigh-point blank range.

Considering he's had no trouble punching two people who have deflected bullets and are actually capable martial artists, I don't think this is the case. I'm not saying this is an easy fight but in TASM 1 Peter's avoidance is near enough his only asset. He isn't nearly as good a fighter as Cap is and that counts for quite a lot in my eyes.

Well, now that you've pretty much covered all of the bases...here's my reply

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
RudeBomberBoy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steve will not tag Peter once or ever! Peter destroys Steve!

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By WarBlade539

@buckshot said:

@granitesoldier: @wolverine08: I thought it was outstanding. I think I about lost it when Cap started beating a jet like it owed him money. I told him to stop because he knows he shouldn't be doing that, but he didn't listen. And that was some good hand to hand. Honestly I can't wait for Cap to come up against another martial artist. If he (or Winter Soldier if he replaces Cap) ends up fighting Black Panther and its this good, I will probably die in the theatre.

I remember you saying something about Cap ruining the Jet's family by taking away Papa Jet and how Mama and Baby Jet are gonna face incredible difficulties now that the Star-Spangled Soldier took away the breadwinner of the house.
How Baby Jet is now gonna grow up to be a druggie slumming in the streets of...Baltimore was it? And the downwards spiral of events that leads to his shooting in front of Wal-Mart.

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@wolverine08: They're involved with the third Captain America film and they've teased another component of Brubaker's run/Cap History in an interview. I won't spoil it here though :P

AAAAHHHHHH! Link, my good man?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#213 frozen  Moderator

After TASM2 Spider-Man stomps even harder. He is much stronger.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Spidey stomps..

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@frozen said:

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey stomps..

This

@frozen said:

These

Steve will not tag Peter once or ever! Peter destroys Steve!

And those.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter in TASM2 seemed pretty much indestructible when taking blows from electro barely even injured him. Movie cap can punch him all day and throw his shield at him and spidey wouldn't even flinch. There's no way for Cap to physically harm or injure him.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman curbstomps

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I love Steve, I agree with the users above. Spiderman is just way to much for him. You're talking about him fighting a guy who took out several police cops without them seeing his face, and a guy who can bench press cars.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drew_tan: They handwaved Electro not really hurting Spidey via the material of his suit. He isn't casually soaking punches and especially not shield hits. There is no way for Cap to harm him? Wow. Just wow. When you go to the movies, it helps to actually pay attention.

As for the fight, I think Spidey takes the majority. Too big a difference in stats for skill to be a deciding factor.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 the_stegman  Moderator

Spidey without too much trouble. Dude catches police cars like frisbees, is agile as hell, and has a spider sense so good, it allowed him to save several people from lightning simultaneously. That kind of reaction time is insane.

JuliusTakalua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

When did he one-arm curl a van.. don't remember that.

Uh, it's the most famous scene of the movie. It was in like, every trailer.

Loading Video...

Cap easily has enough striking strength to put the hurt on Peter.

Sure he does. He doesn't have the speed to hit him however nor the durability to keep his head attached to his body after a punch from Spidey.

he's the much better fighter

Better fighter sure, but I don't see why that would make a difference in a fight where he's hopelessly outclassed in terms of stats.

has insane durability to blunt force

Don't you think you're overstating it just a tad?

and has fought fast fighters before

Uh, who has he fought with superhuman, bullet-timing speed?

Let me rephrase that; Who has he fought with superhuman speed, who also hopelessly outclasses him in every other department in terms of physicals?

things are only looking to be in his favor.

Yeah, in bizarro world, maybe.

The only thing in Cap's favor is fighting skill, and even there it's barely a factor. You're boasting him like he's Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Anderson Silva, Fedor, Huo Yuanjia and Ip Man all rolled into one, when in reality he barely compares to Bryan Mills from Taken.

However if we, as always, base this fight on who's better at lifting cars then yeah.. Peter would win.

You're just taking the piss now.

If we however base it on factors that actually affect a fight then Cap wins.

What, besides strength, speed, durability, striking power, weapons and other powers for example, precognition? I totally agree.

Dude, where the f*@k is the arm curl? Either you don't know what a bicep curl is, or you're seeing shyt that's not there.

Anyways, I say Cap.

His WS showings were awesome.

6/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Oh boy.. this thread again

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By renamed040924

@i_like_swords said:

Comic Vine users love their Spider-Man.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't fair for Cap. Why hasn't it been locked??

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This isn't fair for Cap. Why hasn't it been locked??

That's absolutely ridiculous.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Comic Vine users love their Spider-Man.

*shrugs*

Luther Strode thread: Luther's lifting feats aren't as good as his striking feats. He's Deathstroke level at best.

Movie Spider-Man thread: Spider-Man's lifting feat-

HE STOPPED A TRAIN LALALALALALALA

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man wins with relative ease.

Avatar image for ninjawarrior268
NinjaWarrior268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Spiderman, Cap's got no skill

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By marvel_boy2241

Wait wait wait. You people really believe that Cap can beat Spidey??? Really?

No Caption Provided

LOL, man.

Man-Of-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241 said:

Wait wait wait. You people really believe that Cap can beat Spidey??? Really?

No Caption Provided

LOL, man.

It is by no means an implausible scenario. I still believe MCU Cap can defeat first movie ASM. Look at it this way.

Spider-Man's two advantages are that he's a bullet timer, and stronger in a grapple. Cap has the following advantages on him:

• Striking strength/technique/application of strength. Phrase it how you want, Cap throws harder and more damaging punches based on feats.
  • Durability/endurance. Cap has taken plenty of punishment and kept going on - same cannot be said for movie 1 ASM.
  • Fighting skill. Cap is undoubtedly the better fighter. Pete isn't incompetent, but Cap is better all around.
  • Adaptability. Part of the SSS's enhancement was Cap's mental process. He can take a new situation and adapt to it within a very short time period - like when he near-instantly adapted to Batroc's unorthodox fighting style. When he started owning chitauri in hand-to-hand, snapping their necks with no prior experience fighting them. His ability to very quickly learn advanced Eastern Martial Arts, stealth and espionage skills and more, within the short time frame of two years.
  • The shield. It could arguably get webbed up but while in Cap's hands, it is definitely a weapon that can put Pete out of his misery.

Am I saying Cap wins a solid majority? Nope. It's a close fight. Pete can play keep away for a long time due to his agility and speed. But he cannot indefinitely avoid, compensate for and neutralize the advantages Cap brings to this fight. Speed isn't everything. Lifting strength isn't everything. A power set does not win you a fight. Cap can and should win this more often than not.

ASM 2 Peter? Yeah, he sh*ts in Cap's cereal. However, we're not talking about him.

Whirlwind_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

this

marvel_boy2241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By marvel_boy2241

@i_like_swords said:

Spider-Man's two advantages are that he's a bullet timer, and stronger in a grapple. Cap has the following advantages on him:

And that he is impossibly fast. Idk, I just can't un-see ASM2. I feel like Spidey is untouchable, literally. I mean did you see what he did with the spider-sense. Man that was insane.

Striking strength/technique/application of strength. Phrase it how you want, Cap throws harder and more damaging punches based on feats.

Durability/endurance. Cap has taken plenty of punishment and kept going on - same cannot be said for movie 1 ASM.

That's because Petey never gets punished to begin with. he is simply too fast. not only that, but Spidey never get's opponents that he can just lay waste on. He can't afford to kill anyone. In reality he is probably much stronger. Just wait for the Sinister 6 movie.

Fighting skill. Cap is undoubtedly the better fighter. Pete isn't incompetent, but Cap is better all around.

True true. *nods head*

Adaptability. Part of the SSS's enhancement was Cap's mental process. He can take a new situation and adapt to it within a very short time period - like when he near-instantly adapted to Batroc's unorthodox fighting style. When he started owning chitauri in hand-to-hand, snapping their necks with no prior experience fighting them. His ability to very quickly learn advanced Eastern Martial Arts, stealth and espionage skills and more, within the short time frame of two years.

Yeah? Well look at my man Pete. He goes from getting shot in the leg to dodging machine gun fire up close. Talk about improvement. The man had 3 villains in 1 movie. They all nearly died.

The shield. It could arguably get webbed up but while in Cap's hands, it is definitely a weapon that can put Pete out of his misery.

Make no mistake. It will get webbed up quickly. Spidey don't like no weapons.

Am I saying Cap wins a solid majority? Nope. It's a close fight. Pete can play keep away for a long time due to his agility and speed. But he cannot indefinitely avoid, compensate for and neutralize the advantages Cap brings to this fight. Speed isn't everything. Lifting strength isn't everything. A power set does not win you a fight. Cap can and should win this more often than not.

ASM 2 Peter? Yeah, he sh*ts in Cap's cereal. However, we're not talking about him.

Well whats the point of a battle that doesn't allow every feat? What I mean is, Cap has 3 movies that you guys get to gather feats from. While Pete only gets one based on his first few nights as Spidey. C'mon mane. Also, lol at "shi*ts in cereal."

Alright. So, all -in-all you're right. Ok. But that's only because Cap gets Cap1, Cap2, and Avengers feats. I mean in this battle Spidey is basically featless. No what I'm sayin'? This battle is almost pointless becuase we never really get the full scope of all the characters. Just a sideways battle with Cap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marvel_boy2241: You replied to a lot of that post by making reference to ASM 2. This ASM 1 only, and AVengers, Cap 1 only. I made the mistake of referencing TWS once there, but I still stand by my points.

Well whats the point of a battle that doesn't allow every feat. What I mean is Cap has 2 movies that you guys get to gather feats from. While Pete only gets one based on his first few nights as Spidey. C'mon mane. Also, lol at "shi*ts in cereal."

Alright. So, all -in-all you're right. Ok. But that's only because Cap gets Cap1, Cap2, and Avengers feats. I mean in this battle Spidey is basically featless. No what I'm sayin'? This battle is almost pointless becuase we never really get the full scope of all the characters. Just a sideways battle with Cap.

He isn't featless. TASM 1 Spidey gets a few solid fight scenes, bullet timing and lifting/grappling feats. And webbing feats. I'm just of the opinion Cap doesn't get stomped by him prior to TASM 2, and could potentially win.

@frozen said:

this

TASM 1 Spidey does not stomp. He might win in some opinions, but it's never a clear cut stomp.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Cap runs the movie spidy gauntlet:

• ASM - Cap loses 4/10
  • ASM 2- Cap loses 8/10
  • Raimi Spiderman - Cap loses 10/10
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@i_like_swords: It still is a stomp. Striking strength is overrated. Its not the only way to win by punching. In fact, most fights are not decided by who punches who out.

General strength is just as relevant. Tackling, grappling, shoving, grabbing, throwing...all this comes into play. If Spider-Man grabbed both of Steve's hands, there's nothing Steve can do to move.

You're also downplaying his durability and endurance. People always do because he got tore up by the Lizard. The dude capable of tearing through steel. Lizard would absolutely wreck Cap. Spider-Man fought him in confined spaces and managed to hold his own.

The bullet feat? Please. He got shot in the leg due to plot. a 17 year old kid gets shot for the first time and boo-hoo he has to limp for a few minutes until he webs up it up and sucks it up and goes on to fight Lizard.

Even limited to movie one, he has more than enough feats. Webbing Cap by the shoe to a pole and its basically game over. The second Cap throws his shield (something he does, quite often) - he's never getting it back. Peter will dodge it or catch and web it up.

Spidey has nearly ever advantage except in combat skill and that doesn't matter when he has so many other advantages. Agility, speed, webbing, etc. Cap can't win. He probably would never even touch Peter. Go rewatch how Peter dances around Lizard.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Spidey. This just boils down to spiderman vs. Cap thread again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager:

It still is a stomp. Striking strength is overrated. Its not the only way to win by punching. In fact, most fights are not decided by who punches who out.

I'm not overrating it. I'm putting it out there as an advantage for Cap. There's a difference. And how many fights has ASM 1 Spidey won by grappling?

General strength is just as relevant. Tackling, grappling, shoving, grabbing, throwing...all this comes into play. If Spider-Man grabbed both of Steve's hands, there's nothing Steve can do to move.

Which is why I referenced Peters better lifting and grappling abilities. But to say Peter can just grab Cap's hands and win is overrating if anyone here is to do so, because:

• Peter is not known for his grappling skill.
  • Cap is not incompetent, and is the better fighter. Yeah there's a strength disparity but Cap can kick Peter, outmaneuver him, wriggle around or headbutt him if he needs to, to get out.

You're also downplaying his durability and endurance. People always do because he got tore up by the Lizard. The dude capable of tearing through steel. Lizard would absolutely wreck Cap. Spider-Man fought him in confined spaces and managed to hold his own.

I'm not downplaying his durability and endurance because of anything. Based on feats: Cap being propelled out a tall buildings window by an explosive into a car roof, tanking a chitauri laser without any severe injury, tanking Red Skull's steel-denting strikes clean in the face, and if you want to get into his TWS durability - tanking something like an 80foot fall give or take, surviving a bloodlusted metal arm beating from Bucky, and being able to carry on operating after being shot like four/five times IIRC, are all showings that transcend Peters durability and endurance. Cap takes more punishment and carries on, thus, this is an advantage for him.

Peter "held his own" because he was agile enough not to get torn apart.

Even limited to movie one, he has more than enough feats. Webbing Cap by the shoe to a pole and its basically game over. The second Cap throws his shield (something he does, quite often) - he's never getting it back. Peter will dodge it or catch and web it up.

Peter could win through webspam, like he always does, since webspam is omnipotent. But in a physical fight I can't really see him beating out Cap for a majority. It's not a stomp anyway. But yeah, Peter's omnipotent web spam cream pie salad from satan with cherries would allow it to be a stomp. Satisfied?

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@i_like_swords:

-How many fights has Cap won by punching? Aside from meaingless fodder. He beat Batroc by tackling him, he won in the elevator by brute strength (particular on the magnet), and he didn't even beat WS properly.

If Peter caught Cap's fist, Cap's fist isn't moving. Something Peter is fully capable of doing. Dont' overrated his striking strength. The best SS feat isn't even Cap's - its Bucky's metal arm making a small hole in concrete. Cap's best offensive output is his shield, something that will never touch Peter.

-Cap can't outmaneuver him at all. He doesn't have Peter's speed or agility. Not even close.

-First of all, those durability feats you mentioned more are for his shield, not Cap. When he jumped out of a building he landing on his shield, and still needed a moment. When he got shot by Bucky's RPG, he went flying 100 yards into a bus and we cut off screen. He didn't get up that fast and was propably pretty woozy if not outright KO'd.

Don't even mention the Chitauri lasers. Those things were stupid inconsistent. Can't hurt Cap but can hurt Hulk? Okay.

Peter can win in any way you want. Cap is never touching him. You can make light of webspam all you want, but its very much a factor in Spider man's fights. Especially this Spider-Man who usages it extremely well. Its not like Cap is even close to the same fighter with or without his shield. His best defensive and offensive output is with that attached to him, so I don't know why you think you need to imply Spider-Man is garbage without his webs.

Shall we debate movie Thor with or without his hammer? Or Tony with or without his Armor? Or should we just drop it because its pointless to cry about something that the side your arguing for can't overcome and just accept it?

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Wow... why are you so salty over this? I'm not overrating. I'm not crying. I'm not doing anything. I'm debating a point with you. Do the same or just don't bother @ing me.

-How many fights has Cap won by punching? Aside from meaingless fodder. He beat Batroc by tackling him, he won in the elevator by brute strength (particular on the magnet), and he didn't even beat WS properly.

Ah, so you answer my question with a question due to your inability to answer it. He beat Batroc by tackling him and then punching him out. I don't get what the issue is with him using "brute strength" in the elevator. What, was he supposed to webspam everyone? Would that have impressed you more? He punched and knocked out everyone in that elevator like a good fighter would do, and the fact he resisted being tazed and restrained so much is a further testament to his strength and endurance. He had Bucky knocked out to rights but has these things called morals and character motiviations that he won't carry over to a stranger in a blue and red suit.

If Peter caught Cap's fist, Cap's fist isn't moving. Something Peter is fully capable of doing. Dont' overrated his striking strength. The best SS feat isn't even Cap's - its Bucky's metal arm making a small hole in concrete. Cap's best offensive output is his shield, something that will never touch Peter.

So we're ignoring my point about Cap headbutting or kicking Peter, and going on the assumption that Peter actually has the skill to time and grapple with Cap so effectively he can do nothing about it? Because he can bullet time? Okay. You go with that. I'll be waiting here for you to quote and directly counter all of my points like I'm doing with you.

Why does it matter if Bucky's the best striker with his left arm? Why is that even relevant to this debate? Well, you did remind me of his best striking feat I suppose, which makes Cap surviving his punches even more impressive. So thanks for that. Cap can do just fine with his own punches which busted a submarine canopy underwater and in theory would dent steel like Red Skull did. His shield won't factor in, unless it's a purely physical fight which would be more fair IMO, but even than Cap is good to go.

-Cap can't outmaneuver him at all. He doesn't have Peter's speed or agility. Not even close.

-First of all, those durability feats you mentioned more are for his shield, not Cap. When he jumped out of a building he landing on his shield, and still needed a moment. When he got shot by Bucky's RPG, he went flying 100 yards into a bus and we cut off screen. He didn't get up that fast and was propably pretty woozy if not outright KO'd.

Don't even mention the Chitauri lasers. Those things were stupid inconsistent. Can't hurt Cap but can hurt Hulk? Okay.

- I meant that if Peter had Cap's fist/wrist held, Cap can wriggle around using his superior martial arts skill, throw some kicks and headbutts, and in general just get himself out of that hold - which Peter does not have the skill feats sufficient to suggest he could even place Cap in it.

- Nope, IIRC he landed body first when he hit the car. I wasn't referencing that bus feat. I can't remember all the fight scenes from TWS to be honest, but I do remember Cap falling from the helicarrier, landing somewhere really low down and being alright. He was hanging off a ledge.

Cap got shot by one ground rifle. Hulk was being spammed indefinitely by dozens of vehicle lasers which are even more powerful. Even then they were more restraining him than actually hurting/injuring him. Nothing inconsistent there I'm afraid.

Peter can win in any way you want. Cap is never touching him. You can make light of webspam all you want, but its very much a factor in Spider man's fights. Especially this Spider-Man who usages it extremely well. Its not like Cap is even close to the same fighter with or without his shield. His best defensive and offensive output is with that attached to him, so I don't know why you think you need to imply Spider-Man is garbage without his webs.

Shall we debate movie Thor with or without his hammer? Or Tony with or without his Armor? Or should we just drop it because its pointless to cry about something that the side your arguing for can't overcome and just accept it?

"Cap is never touching him" is an overstatement. Peter cannot win the fight by clinging to walls all day. I agree he can web up ftw every time, but in a purely physical fight Cap can punch him out IMO.

Of course Cap is "close to the same fighter" with or without his shield. Peter has no hand-to-hand skill to speak of that is scratching Cap. He's a very agile guy but he isn't a good striker or grappler.

Are you going to accept the fact Peter isn't a good grappler or striker and that Cap wouldn't get stomped in a physical fight, just because Peter dodges bullets and is agile? Because I've already accepted Peter can win with webs. It is a cheap win nonetheless, but it's a win. I'm not crying or failing to accept anything. You're just salty over this for some reason.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@i_like_swords: I wasn't that salty. I wasn't the one calling "omnipotent web spam".

Its not a cheap win. Not unless everything everyone else does with their main equipment is also cheap.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By renamed040924

@huey_freeman34: Because Captain America is just as strong as Spider-Man, quite agile himself, and an excellent fighter.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto - But Spidey is that much more agile, wiry, and quicker than Cap to make this a mismatch. Plus he's got no way to counter Peter's webbing.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto - But Spidey is that much more agile, wiry, and quicker than Cap to make this a mismatch. Plus he's got no way to counter Peter's webbing.

He can dodge webbing and the speed isn't vast enough that this should be locked, even if Spider-Man does win.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto - But Spider-Man mixes web-slinging in between quick, acrobatic attacks. You honestly believe that Cap will be able to keep up a steady defense against both his speed and his webbing-based attacks, especially when Peter will undoubtedly be focusing on separating Cap from that pesky shield of his? Bc I honestly don't.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto - But Spider-Man mixes web-slinging in between quick, acrobatic attacks. You honestly believe that Cap will be able to keep up a steady defense against both his speed and his webbing-based attacks, especially when Peter will undoubtedly be focusing on separating Cap from that pesky shield of his? Bc I honestly don't.

Considering the dude's mastery of martial arts vs a clumsy teenager - yeah, I do.

Huey_Freeman34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Huey_Freeman34

@nickzambuto - What about Spider-Man's fights makes him appear "clumsy" to you bc I'm just not recalling...