#1 Edited by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain America (the first avenger and the avengers movies)

vs

Spiderman (Amazing Spider-man movie)

Morals on.

Fight in NYC, deserted.

Webshooters and shield allowed.

Feats from The First Avenger, The Avengers, and The Amazing Spider-Man only.

Who wins and why?

#2 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man.

#3 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: With no reason as per usual?

#4 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Spider-Man.

#5 Posted by Saren (25277 posts) - - Show Bio

Spidey, much faster and stronger.

#6 Posted by The Stegman (23043 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man, not really a need to explain why

#7 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

Trollin much?

#8 Posted by Strider92 (16098 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Spider-Man, not really a need to explain why

This

#9 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

@KaioKen said:

Trollin much?

If you knew what that actually meant you would still not be correct. I am asking for evidence or reasoning. Also not nice to call someone as trolling when all they are asking for is a reason.You could have TOAA vs wolverine and if someone said Wolverine would win you would slate them i am sure.

#10 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik said:

@KaioKen said:

Trollin much?

If you knew what that actually meant you would still not be correct. I am asking for evidence or reasoning. Also not nice to call someone as trolling when all they are asking for is a reason.You could have TOAA vs wolverine and if someone said Wolverine would win you would slate them i am sure.

You never asked for a reason.

#11 Posted by TERMINATOR_FANATIC (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman wins.

If Spiderman can take out Sandman and Venom than this will be easy for Spidey.

#12 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATOR_FANATIC said:

Spiderman wins.

The Amazing Spider-Man has only dealt with The Lizard.

#13 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Is it not obvious i would like a reason? Give me a reason then? Feats?

Spiderman wins.

An example of someone supporting his claims.

#14 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

Spidey, much faster and stronger.

#15 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

Spiderman wins.

An example of someone supporting his claims.

Those examples are off, wrong version. And Pete is much faster then Captain America, even if Cap were stronger it's unlikely he'd get his hands on Spidey.

#16 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik said:

Is it not obvious i would like a reason? Give me a reason then? Feats?

Yes. I am going to give a reason to someone desperately trying to be antagonistic. Since you claim to know me, you should know that is not something I do.

Spider-Man wins.

#17 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik said:

Since you claim to know me, you should know that is not something I do. Spider-Man wins.

Then you are wrong for the same reason.

@Erik said:

Yes. I am going to give a reason to someone desperately trying to be antagonistic.

You did not give any reason. Logic and reasoning flawed.

#18 Posted by Z3RO180 (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain america would win

#19 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen:

Spider-Man wins.

#20 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Can you please give your reasoning for this?

#21 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik: Can you please give your reasoning for this?

Yes I can.

#22 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Go for it!

#23 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik: Go for it!

I plan to.

#24 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

XD

#25 Posted by TheSuperHuman (856 posts) - - Show Bio
@HBKTimHBK said:

Spiderman wins.

And that shows that Spider-Man doesn't have the experience level that Captain America does, who went through WWII fighting Red Skull, and Hydra and their super weapons -- and then during the Avengers where he fought the aliens known as Chitauri in hand-to-hand.
#26 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: In the next minute i hope. otherwise you are wrong for the same reason by default. Dont look at me... Your rules!

#27 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSuperHuman said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

Spiderman wins.

And that shows that Spider-Man doesn't have the experience level that Captain America does, who went through WWII fighting Red Skull, and Hydra and their super weapons -- and then during the Avengers where he fought the aliens known as Chitauri in hand-to-hand.

Well Spider-Man has shown to be a lot more intelligent, and faster and stronger, and he has faced many officers of the New York Police Department in hand-to-hand, and dodged bullets shot at close range, and had the unintentional strength to slam dunk and break the hoop, and break a window from shutting a door. His inexperience is irrelevant when he has the superior qualities to back it up.

#28 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik: In the next minute i hope. otherwise you are wrong for the same reason by default. Dont look at me... Your rules!

I do not recall ever giving a time frame for someone to provide an argument. But considering the obvious vendetta you have against me, I am assuming you are prepared to back up such an outrageous claim.

#29 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheSuperHuman: Btw

The Lizard > Red Skull and the Chitauri

#30 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: yes.

#31 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

That's true, but it's not like Spidey did really great in his fights against the Lizard. Cap on the other hand handled the Chitauri and the Red Skull quite well.

#32 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik: yes.

Well in order for you to avoid "being wrong by default", I expect you to live up to the rules that you have decide to follow and provide me this proof in exactly 1 minute or less.

#33 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man without much trouble, really.

#34 Posted by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Man. Though I'd pay good money to see Chris Evans beat the crap out of Andrew Garfield in a movie version of this fight.

Also, this thread is hilarious. Thank you,

#35 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

Spider-Man. Though I'd pay good money to see Chris Evans beat the crap out of Andrew Garfield in a movie version of this fight.

Also, this thread is hilarious. Thank you, @Erik

Why you no like Andrew Garfield?
#36 Posted by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@JediXMan said:

Also, this thread is hilarious. Thank you, @Erik

Why you no like Andrew Garfield?

Haven't seen the movie yet, so perhaps my dislike is unjustified. I still think he looks like a Twilight reject and I can't see him as anything but "that guy from Facebook: the movie."

#37 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan:

:)

#38 Posted by KaioKen (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Erik: Sorry this is more than a minute. I do hope you forgive me.

My proof to your statement

@Erik said:

I do not recall ever giving a time frame for someone to provide an argument. But considering the obvious vendetta you have against me, I am assuming you are prepared to back up such an outrageous claim.

since you didn't not give an initial time frame yourself. I will give my evidence sometime within a non agreed time frame.

@Erik said:

Well in order for you to avoid "being wrong by default", I expect you to live up to the rules that you have decide to follow and provide me this proof in exactly 1 minute or less.

Now changing the rules in a highly hypocritical manner i will stick to the rules you obey to make this fair and not time constricted unbalanced. But in my defense, Captain america has defeated a far more powerful foe than Spider-man. Feat wise i mean (that's how we decide battle son this forum). anyway it is late where i am (5am) and i need sleep so i bide you farewell and all the best for a productive day!

#39 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan:  I saw him in the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus first, so I don't have that problem :P Frankly, I think he looks just perfect for Peter Parker.
#40 Posted by Erik (31623 posts) - - Show Bio

@KaioKen said:

@Erik: Sorry this is more than a minute. I do hope you forgive me.

My proof to your statement

@Erik said:

since you didn't not give an initial time frame yourself. I will give my evidence sometime within a non agreed time frame.

@Erik said:

Now changing the rules in a highly hypocritical manner i will stick to the rules you obey to make this fair and not time constricted unbalanced. But in my defense, Captain america has defeated a far more powerful foe than Spider-man. Feat wise i mean (that's how we decide battle son this forum). anyway it is late where i am (5am) and i need sleep so i bide you farewell and all the best for a productive day!

1. Fails to meet the 1 minute time frame that you not only expected, but attempted to levy against me. You lose.
  2. In no way proves that I ever placed a time frame on anyone to provide an argument. You lose twice.
  3. Movie Captain America never defeated anyone more powerful than Spider-Man. You lose thrice.
#41 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@KaioKen said:

Captain america has defeated a far more powerful foe than Spider-man

No he hasn't.
#42 Posted by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@JediXMan: I saw him in the Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus first, so I don't have that problem :P Frankly, I think he looks just perfect for Peter Parker.

Hm. Forgot that was him, and I liked that movie.

#43 Posted by HBKTimHBK (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

That's true, but it's not like Spidey did really great in his fights against the Lizard. Cap on the other hand handled the Chitauri and the Red Skull quite well.

He still held his own, and that webbing he used was fantastic

#44 Posted by Ferro Vida (34674 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan: It was a pretty good movie
#45 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@HBKTimHBK said:

@ChaosBlazer said:

@HBKTimHBK said:

He still held his own, and that webbing he used was fantastic

agreed.

#46 Posted by JediXMan (29560 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ferro Vida said:

@JediXMan: It was a pretty good movie

It was extremely underrated. A shame most people never even heard about it, but I really liked it.

#47 Posted by Ironman4891 (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap, more experience. This Spidey is less experienced and a tad bit careless

#48 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-man. Far faster, stronger, smarter and his spider-sense only helps him avoid Cap that much further.

#49 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: the spidersense didn't seem to be that great in the movie, the Lizard managed to sneak up on him, in the comics spidersense would've been blaring, but in the movies, it seemingly wasn't.

#50 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: It was merely for plot purpose, but in nearly all other cases, he was able to out-maneuver and dodge all of Lizard's attacks.