Vance Astro said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Haha...you should embrace Cyclops...he needs fans."
He's a D-bag from what I've read of him....."
LMFAO..why? What did he do wrong>?"
I dunno really

I just can't stand he and Emma being a couple

I'll admit I'm a bit bias, My faves are Ghost Rider and Moon Knight (Anti-Heroes), Cyke seems like a boy-scout and that kinda annoys me
Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Meteorite
oldmagic said:
"Vance Astro said:
"oldmagic said:
"I'm not the one who brought the h2h here. I think it was either you or someone else that i couldn't bother to care to look. The fact of the matter is, Cyclops could be taken out. He may have a powerful blast on his side but he also has a body of a normal but highly trained body. The fact that Bullseye has unnatural accuracy of near 99.9% of perfect target speaks for it self. "
It wasn't me....Bullseye misses and Cyclops shoots faster."
What is wrong with you? your acting like a noob. Stop acting like a child and start debating like a real real debater. This is quite annoying. "
Hey, Cyke can take out Northstar with his optic blast. The only person who beats Northstar in terms of speed is Quicksilver. Therefore Cyke can fire and hit Bullseye before Bullseye can throw his magic toothpick. 
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Erik

I don't think Quicksilver can run 99.9% of light speed.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Cyclops wins.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Erik
Vance Astro said:
"Cyclops wins."
Greystone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56  Edited By Greystone

Cyclops wins if he shows no mercy, and takes him out as fast as possible.

RANDOMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By RANDOMM

Yeah, um, Cyke wins this without any problem, because he can, yeah, just use a wide-angle blast and destroy anything bullseye throws at him.

EDIT: and as long as Cyke knows Bullseye's throwing something, it doesn't matter if he can't see it, because he knows it's there.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Erik

Plus nothing Bullseye throws is going to go through Cyclops' optic blasts.

RANDOMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RANDOMM

Plus Cyclops can destroy anything bullseye throws at him...I like this! let's keep it going!

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#60  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
oldmagic said:
"
Jeez, seriously people, Scott isn't the best around. He is just too overrated. While he is an amazing tactician and a great shot, he is still human. A highly trained human but a human nonetheless. Do you honestly think that Bullseye would miss his shot? Against a human? Especially if his shots are nothing but unnatural accurate? 
"
Your point here is that BE would win because Scott is a human when not only is he NOT a human (he's a mutant) and Bullseye is. Weak.

oldmagic said:
"In a packed city within montreal Quebec, heart of downtown. "
With that setup, which really should have gone at the beginning of the thread (read the rules) not after it's been shown that Scott could beat him when not hampered by potential loss of civilian life, I'd back Bullseye as he's likely to be less limited by bystanders.

Vance Astro said:

3.Bullseye doesn't carry weapons anymore
4.As far as the gun store...it depends on what he finds in there...seeing as how he would be unarmed to start as he almost always is,He wouldn't have time to get a weapon.
"
Bullseye does carry weapons. If you go by his latest appearances in costume (meaning he's ready for a fight, not recovering from a surgery) he was armed with sais. I'm pretty sure he had other stuff but I'm not sure. Doesn't really matter though, he can use anything as a weapon so he's never really unarmed. He could pick up a penny or pebble off the ground, spit one of his teeth, take a phone out of a bystanders hand, etc, etc.

Vance Astro said:
Daredevil has beat Bullseye without even being tocuhed.Bullseye isn't in his league.Cyclops can hold is own..I don't think he could beat Bullseye,but Bullseye isn't going to just destroy him.Who cares what Bullseye can do with random stuff.Cyclops isn't going to have to worry about it."
And Bullseye has beaten Daredevil as well as his highly trained girlfriends and combinations of all of them. He's fought other good fighters too, but Daredevil is good enough, even if he doesn't beat him consistently. Being able to regularly fight Daredevil evenly (you say DD has beaten Bullseye without being touched, but that's not usually what happens) is better than what I've seen of Scott's h2h capabilities.

Meteorite said:

Plus I just considered, whatever Bullseye throws Cyke just shoots it with an optic beam."
If he sees it coming and if he's willing to fire off beams in the middle of a crowded area. Bullseye could throw stuff and have it come at Cyke from anywhere, and by hiding behind people or buildings he can keep his throws from being seen, reducing Scott's knowledge of how many things have been thrown at him and from where. He could set up shots so Scott shooting them down would endanger others or just hit him with projectiles that he won't know are coming (because of the size of the projectile or how he shoots it).

Vance Astro said:

WHERE IS BULLSEYE GETTING A TOOTHPICK? How does he just magically spawn a toothpick because he has a feat involving one..he doesn't juat walk around with toothpicks.Bullseye sett of an explosion with a hubcap? Who cares? He couldn't even take Gambit when he wasn't using his powers..how is he going to take Cyclops?
"
I feel like I'm constantly telling you to calm down. Anyway, it really isn't uncommon for Bullseye to have a toothpick. Even if he didn't, he could always use something else. Bullseye's dangerous because he can use ANYTHING as a weapon, not just toothpicks. And he did very well against Gambit when he had his powers, being able to catch Gambit's cards and throw them back. Gambit refused to fight Bullseye because it was too dangerous.

Vance Astro said:
Bullseye misses and Cyclops shoots faster."
Bullseye misses a guy with a power perfect for avoiding his attacks. Cyclops isn't going to jump to shoot in the middle of a crowd.

RANDOMM said:
"I doubt that was a wooden toothpick that bullseye used, because it would have to be a very stupid monkey doing the physics work on that comic to make a wooden toothpick go through glass like that.
Note also the very stupid part I added, because a regular monkey would probably be able to figure out that the little wood thing can't go through the clear stuff.

More to be said if necessary."
Take a look at what some "peak humans" are able to do. Comic humans != real humans. Same for physics.

Meteorite said:
The only person who beats Northstar in terms of speed is Quicksilver.
???
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Perfect Cell

Bullseye has a 90% chance of winning.

Scott; 10% chance.

RANDOMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RANDOMM

Crap, ok, I concede. I just did some basic home experiments, and I was, with just average human speed, able to put a wooden toothpick through a cardboard box without even denting the tip of the toothpick. I also made contact with window glass, and I seriously believe that I could put the toothpick through glass. So following Bullseye's abilities, I guess it wouldn't be hard to imagine, and my previous post is now completely wrong. Science once again triumphs over human assumptions.

RANDOMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By RANDOMM

Eh, switching positions. I wasn't really thinking this argument through, and I am convinced that in the scenario set up (montreal), Bullseye would be able to win. Eh, I've been losing every battle recently.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@Buckshot...

It's true Bullseye can pick up more weapons..i'm sure sai's won't be enough because they are for close combat...if he throws them..it's not going to do much good because Cyclops can just deflect them.I don't see him having the time to pick up more weapons.Daredevil has beaten Bullseye more times and much worse..but he's the hero..I expect that.My point in mentioning him is Bullseye misses.He has failed to hit several people.Yes Daredevil has radar sense,but Deadpool doesn't..Black Widow doesn't...Moon Knight doesn't either.Also..I know Bullseye is a far better fighter than Cyclops,I was not using DD to make a case against Bullseyes h2h..I think Cyclops is good enough to stay alive for a little while but not to win without using his powers..that is why I mentioned Gambit because even though I don't even think he is as good of a fighter as Bullseye but he held his own without the use of his powers for a while.

You don't have to tell me to calm down because i'm calm..when I write in caps is because I'm trying to draw attention to that part of the post..sometimes if you just bold something..people still overlook it.It's possible Bullseye could have a toothpick on him but it's not like that's his standard weaponry.
RANDOMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By RANDOMM

Think about it though. If bullseye really wants to win here, he just has to break Scott's glasses. Then Scott can't control his powers, making them dangerous, and can't even see to defend himself against Bullseye, which means Bullseye can melee. And Bullseye could theoretically blend into the crowd, but Scott can't because of his eyegear, which stands him out and puts him at least in a very small minority, since red sunglasses aren't in style. It's just too easy for Bullseye to cripple Cyclops and take away Cyclops; only advantage when they fight in a crowded downtown area.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
RANDOMM said:
"Think about it though. If bullseye really wants to win here, he just has to break Scott's glasses. Then Scott can't control his powers, making them dangerous, and can't even see to defend himself against Bullseye, which means Bullseye can melee. And Bullseye could theoretically blend into the crowd, but Scott can't because of his eyegear, which stands him out and puts him at least in a very small minority, since red sunglasses aren't in style. It's just too easy for Bullseye to cripple Cyclops and take away Cyclops; only advantage when they fight in a crowded downtown area."
You say that like it's just easily done...like it's just easy to break Scott's visor.It depends on what he hits them with..if he's walking around with toothpicks...he's not breaking that Visor.Cyclops doesn't do this...but if he wanted to...if his Visor was broken...he could just open his eyes and turn his head and level the whole street.Without his Visor though Cyclops would most likely lose..I don't see Bullseye breaking it though.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I wasn't suggesting he use sais. I was just pointing out that not only does he have weapons (when you said he didn't), but he's always armed and never needs to go far (or anywhere) to get more. Bullseye doesn't hit major characters because he usually kills with one shot when he's serious, and Marvel will not let him do that to major characters. Think about it. If you want to talk about missing though, Cyclops does it too. You're sorely mistaken if you think he doesn't. Just because Gambit can do something doesn't mean Cyclops can. From what I've seen of them both, I consider Gambit a better h2h fighter and also a lot more agile than Cyclops (which is really useful against someone who uses projectiles and is as maneuverable as Bullseye). Cyclops may not be a slouch, but Bullseye has crippled and killed far better. I don't think Cyke would live very long if he decided to try h2h. I wouldn't suggest it for either of them though. I think Bullseye's win is more likely to come from a distance fight.

ANYTHING IS HIS STANDARD WEAPONRY.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Buckshot said:
"I wasn't suggesting he use sais. I was just pointing out that not only does he have weapons (when you said he didn't), but he's always armed and never needs to go far (or anywhere) to get more. Bullseye doesn't hit major characters because he usually kills with one shot when he's serious, and Marvel will not let him do that to major characters. Think about it. If you want to talk about missing though, Cyclops does it too. You're sorely mistaken if you think he doesn't. Just because Gambit can do something doesn't mean Cyclops can. From what I've seen of them both, I consider Gambit a better h2h fighter and also a lot more agile than Cyclops (which is really useful against someone who uses projectiles and is as maneuverable as Bullseye). Cyclops may not be a slouch, but Bullseye has crippled and killed far better. I don't think Cyke would live very long if he decided to try h2h. I wouldn't suggest it for either of them though. I think Bullseye's win is more likely to come from a distance fight.

ANYTHING IS HIS STANDARD WEAPONRY."
Ok..what does Bullseye carry than I have seen him unarmed plenty of times.Assuming Bullseye has anything on him,a toothpick,a paper clip,and sword,a gun..anything...he still has to raise it to use or he has to draw it which will give Cyclops the time to let off on him.I know Bullseye and Cyclops both miss.I have seen Cyclops miss horribly,i'm sure of you of all people remember when he shot at Storm and she flipped out of the way.I'm not sure if Gambit is a better fighter than Cyclops,but he does have advantages over him in combat.Bullseye has crippled better fighters but I don't think any with Cyclops's type of power.I think Cyclops has a better chance of hitting Bullseye than Bullseye has of hitting him.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Imagine walking down a busy street. Anything he can lay his hands on is a weapon. Change in someone's pocket, rocks on the ground, hairpins, cellphones, jewelry, glasses, contents of a purse, a shoe, broken glass, piece of trash, etc, etc. If you really can't understand that Bullseye can throw just about anything with deadly force then you don't know a thing about Bullseye. He's always armed because at the very least (I mean naked and empty-handed) he can always resort to teeth or fingernails. He usually carries throwing stars of some sort and as a member of the Thunderbolts he had sais in addition to that. He always has weapons.

You're talking about Scott just blasting him at the start, but think about it, would he just blast at an enemy in he middle of a place filled with innocent people? Even if he chose to do that (which he most likely wouldn't), Bullseye could avoid it like many others have. On the other hand, Bullseye wouldn't be slowed down by people in his way, and might even use them. He could use them as cover (make it hard for Scott to see the projectiles coming as I mentioned before, and so that much harder to avoid them, which he couldn't do half as well as Bullseye to begin with) or just a distraction for Scott (killing them or sending them running). I'm checking out now, but maybe by tomorrow you'll have explained why "Cyclops has a better chance of hitting Bullseye than Bullseye has of hitting him."

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Buckshot said:
"Imagine walking down a busy street. Anything he can lay his hands on is a weapon. Change in someone's pocket, rocks on the ground, hairpins, cellphones, jewelry, glasses, contents of a purse, a shoe, broken glass, piece of trash, etc, etc. If you really can't understand that Bullseye can throw just about anything with deadly force then you don't know a thing about Bullseye. He's always armed because at the very least (I mean naked and empty-handed) he can always resort to teeth or fingernails. He usually carries throwing stars of some sort and as a member of the Thunderbolts he had sais in addition to that. He always has weapons.

You're talking about Scott just blasting him at the start, but think about it, would he just blast at an enemy in he middle of a place filled with innocent people? Even if he chose to do that (which he most likely wouldn't), Bullseye could avoid it like many others have. On the other hand, Bullseye wouldn't be slowed down by people in his way, and might even use them. He could use them as cover (make it hard for Scott to see the projectiles coming as I mentioned before, and so that much harder to avoid them, which he couldn't do half as well as Bullseye to begin with) or just a distraction for Scott (killing them or sending them running). I'm checking out now, but maybe by tomorrow you'll have explained why "Cyclops has a better chance of hitting Bullseye than Bullseye has of hitting him.""
I understand that everything can be a weapon to Bullseye but if the weapon he chooses to use isn't on him..it takes time to grab it.Even if the weapon IS on him it takes time for him to use it.The thing is the guy he's fighting is always armed even when he's not armed because his powers are the weapon.I do remember Bullseye carrying throwing stars at one point..i'm not sure about lately because I haven't read Thunderbolts in a while.
I'm not sure how crowded this area is..I mean are they fighting in a middle of a crowd or is this just a busy street? Even so I think Cyclops has confidence in his accuracy and would still possible send a shot at him if he needed to.I know Bullseye wouldn't be slowed down by people..he just doesn't care and while it would be a good tactic to use them as a shield..Cyclops has some insane tricks with his optic blasts...I think even if Bullseye was using people to his advantage Cyclops could still hit him.Not saying Cyclops has perfect accuracy or anything but he has been known to do some amazing things...and I have never seen him miss a trick shot.If Cyclops has the space..then he has a better chance of hitting Bullseye before Bullseye hits him..if a fight of this magnitude breaks out..i'm sure people will clear out and not still be walking down the street like nothing is going on..so eventually a busy street will become a not so busy street and then Cyclops can let loose and no worry about bystanders.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Erik
Perfect Cell said:
"Bullseye has a 90% chance of winning.

Scott; 10% chance."
Wrong.
oldmagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By oldmagic

oh wow....i havn't been paying attention to this thread at all until now lol quite a bit of attention this thread is getting. 

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Perfect Cell
erik said:
"Perfect Cell said:
"Bullseye has a 90% chance of winning.

Scott; 10% chance."
Wrong."

Bullseye beat Gambit 95% chance.. So I'm giving an extra 5 more % chances of winning for Scott due to him being Gambit's leader and all.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Erik

Bullseye doesn't beat Gambit. Not even close.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
erik said:
"Bullseye doesn't beat Gambit. Not even close."
wrong
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Erik
Vance Astro said:
"erik said:
wrong"
Right.
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/gambit-vs-bullseye/6219/#30
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
erik said:
"Vance Astro said:
"erik said:
wrong"
Right.
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/gambit-vs-bullseye/6219/#30
"
that thread proves nothing.
Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Erik

It proves that it was settled already.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
erik said:
"It proves that it was settled already."
Settled amongst people who aren't Vance Astro.I don't think Bullseye can beat Gambit..but he stands a chance.
Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Perfect Cell
erik said:
Vance Astro said:
"erik said:
wrong"

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Vance Astro said:
I understand that everything can be a weapon to Bullseye but if the weapon he chooses to use isn't on him..it takes time to grab it.Even if the weapon IS on him it takes time for him to use it.The thing is the guy he's fighting is always armed even when he's not armed because his powers are the weapon.I do remember Bullseye carrying throwing stars at one point..i'm not sure about lately because I haven't read Thunderbolts in a while.
I'm not sure how crowded this area is..I mean are they fighting in a middle of a crowd or is this just a busy street? Even so I think Cyclops has confidence in his accuracy and would still possible send a shot at him if he needed to.I know Bullseye wouldn't be slowed down by people..he just doesn't care and while it would be a good tactic to use them as a shield..Cyclops has some insane tricks with his optic blasts...I think even if Bullseye was using people to his advantage Cyclops could still hit him.Not saying Cyclops has perfect accuracy or anything but he has been known to do some amazing things...and I have never seen him miss a trick shot.If Cyclops has the space..then he has a better chance of hitting Bullseye before Bullseye hits him..if a fight of this magnitude breaks out..i'm sure people will clear out and not still be walking down the street like nothing is going on..so eventually a busy street will become a not so busy street and then Cyclops can let loose and no worry about bystanders.
"
You keep saying it takes time. First of all, it really doesn't. How long does it take you to spit? That's how fast Bullseye can get a shot off. His throwing speed is fast as well; he's been fast enough to throw things down the barrel's of guns faster than they could be fired. Second, so what? What exactly is Scott going to do in the time it takes Bullseye to throw something (even if he takes longer by grabbing something off the ground)? Is he going to mow down the crowd? No, he's not. If he tries to hit him with an optic blast, Bullseye could just avoid it like Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, Gambit, and many others have. The little time before Bullseye throws something isn't enough for Scott to win.

Aside from the things (anything) I mentioned that Bullseye could grab, he still carries stars and sais at the very least.

I know Cyclops has done tricks with his blasts. Doesn't mean anything. Bullseye has done tricks too. Who do you think will have an easier time avoiding an attack. Bullseye is an amazing acrobat and only has to dodge a single bright beam. Scott, nowhere near as agile, would have to avoid multiple tiny objects coming at many directions.

As for people clearing out, why couldn't Bullseye just stay with the crowd wherever they go? I think Cyke would be dead before everyone left, but even if he wasn't, Bullseye can continue to use them as cover even as they run.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
Buckshot said:
"Vance Astro said:
"
You keep saying it takes time. First of all, it really doesn't. How long does it take you to spit? That's how fast Bullseye can get a shot off. His throwing speed is fast as well; he's been fast enough to throw things down the barrel's of guns faster than they could be fired. Second, so what? What exactly is Scott going to do in the time it takes Bullseye to throw something (even if he takes longer by grabbing something off the ground)? Is he going to mow down the crowd? No, he's not. If he tries to hit him with an optic blast, Bullseye could just avoid it like Storm, Magneto, Wolverine, Gambit, and many others have. The little time before Bullseye throws something isn't enough for Scott to win.

Aside from the things (anything) I mentioned that Bullseye could grab, he still carries stars and sais at the very least.

I know Cyclops has done tricks with his blasts. Doesn't mean anything. Bullseye has done tricks too. Who do you think will have an easier time avoiding an attack. Bullseye is an amazing acrobat and only has to dodge a single bright beam. Scott, nowhere near as agile, would have to avoid multiple tiny objects coming at many directions.

As for people clearing out, why couldn't Bullseye just stay with the crowd wherever they go? I think Cyke would be dead before everyone left, but even if he wasn't, Bullseye can continue to use them as cover even as they run."
I keep saying it takes time..because it does.It takes me maybe a second to spit but a second is still time.If Bullseye has a gun in his hand and he's going to shoot Cyclops..even if they hit each other...who do you think is going to get hit first.Cyclops who doesn't have to raise his weapon or Bullseye who does.People like to make a case for him touching his visor but I have seen him let blasts off without it.So Cyclops can shoot ust as soon as the message hits his brain to do it.Also an optic blast travels faster than a bullet.If Bullseye throws something than that's even worse for him because something he throws isn't going to travel as fast as a bullet or an optic blast.I know many people have avoided Scott's blast but more than half of it is PIS....I have noticed,Scott only seems to hit the X-men that could take the shot if he hits them...Rouge,Wolverine,Colossus,Northstar etc.
Also Bullseye's projectiles and shots have been avoided by people just as slow as people who have dodged Cyclops's shots.

My point in mentioning Cyclops's tricks was...Cyclops usually doesn't miss when he uses them (not saying he can't) and because this is a crowded street he couldn't just let off on Bullseye because he could hurt people.Bullseye is an ok acrobat...I would put him on the level of DD or Gambit.Scott isn't very agile but he doesn't have to dodge everything thrown...Let's say Bullseye has toothpicks...as long as Bullseye doesn't hit him in a vital area...he can still fight,pretty much the same with ninja stars.

If people are running away because a fight is breaking out..everyone isn't going to be running ing the same direction and on top of that unless he hangs on to people and physically uses them as a shield,I don't see how he can keep up with people running all different directions and at different speeds.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I know Cyclops can shoot without touching his visor. Doesn't change anything. Just because he can doesn't mean he will. If they're on a crowded street, his first move is not going to be to shoot a blast. He may be able to do it well, but that doesn't mean he's going to take unnecessary risks. And just because he can shoot as fast as he thinks, doesn't mean he's shooting right away. He still has to figure out where Bullseye is moving, how the people in the way might interfere with the shot, the people around Bullseye in case he dodges, etc before he fires, so it's not instantaneous. Bullseye's lack of concern for human life means he doesn't need to think about these things.

Who's talking about their shots hitting each other? A pebble going head to head with a laser blast doesn't make sense. Bullseye ricocheting several objects at different angles towards Cyclops (ex: one at his head that he sees coming and defends against, one coming from behind, one at a low level, maybe thigh-high that's too small to be caught by his eye, several more in between, some killing bystanders so Scott has to worry about them even more, a few more after that that Scott didn't see him throw) makes more sense. His shots don't have to be faster than Cyclops' for him to get him. Name some people (other than major characters) who dodge Bullseye's attacks, and back it up with scans. Regardless, I'm not talking about those other people. Between the two of them, Bullseye is the more likely to avoid an attack. He has superior reflexes and far superior agility. He also attacks in a way that is harder to avoid (more shots at once, harder to see, avoiding them endangers others, etc).

And what's going to stop Bullseye from hitting him in a vital area? Bullseye could put a penny through any of Scott's bones or his spine and cripple him, he could hit any of his organs or one of numerous pressure points on his body. There are so many places Bullseye could hit Scott and little he can do about it.

Bullseye doesn't need to stick with everyone, just a group. If he wanted to, all he'd have to do is kill the right people and he could herd large amounts of people where he wants them. If a person's head explodes next to you, you're going to run away from it. Killing the right people to keep the crowd where he wants it wouldn't be that hard. He could also cripple large numbers of people or just hold them. Threatening to kill some if they run (after already killing a few) would also work.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#84  Edited By the creator

Just one point with regards to it being a crowded street, Cyclops has extremely developed spatial awareness. This was why it was explained that he could easily bounce his beam of several different surfaces to attack an opponent (in a similar way to capt America and his shield). He has used this tactic before to good effect but I don'ty have any scans to show it.
He might be able to quickly discerne a path for a bounced beam to hit his opponent.

On the crowded street (without killing innocents) I still don't think he will win but I though that I would put this fact in to play.

Greystone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Greystone

Cyclops FTW.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
the creator said:
"

Just one point with regards to it being a crowded street, Cyclops has extremely developed spatial awareness. This was why it was explained that he could easily bounce his beam of several different surfaces to attack an opponent (in a similar way to capt America and his shield). He has used this tactic before to good effect but I don'ty have any scans to show it.
He might be able to quickly discerne a path for a bounced beam to hit his opponent.

On the crowded street (without killing innocents) I still don't think he will win but I though that I would put this fact in to play.

"
I know this, but it doesn't change much in my mind. As I said, he can do it, but I don't think he would. Even if he can plot a perfect course to hit Bullseye, he can't control how Bullseye moves. If Bullseye dodges, he could easily hit someone else. It's also not something he just knows instantly when dropped in a new location, so he's not going to have his shot ready the instant the fight starts (especially with as many variables in play as a crowded street represents). Also, Bullseye has the same ability, but since he's not limited to working around the people, he has an advantage. He has a few other advantages, but I've mentioned them already.
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By the creator
Buckshot said:
"the creator said:
"

"
I know this, but it doesn't change much in my mind. As I said, he can do it, but I don't think he would. Even if he can plot a perfect course to hit Bullseye, he can't control how Bullseye moves. If Bullseye dodges, he could easily hit someone else. It's also not something he just knows instantly when dropped in a new location, so he's not going to have his shot ready the instant the fight starts (especially with as many variables in play as a crowded street represents). Also, Bullseye has the same ability, but since he's not limited to working around the people, he has an advantage. He has a few other advantages, but I've mentioned them already."
Buckshot, I'm agreeing with you.
I mentioned it because I had not seen the posting that discussed this ability of Cyclops.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
the creator said:
"

"
Thanks Creator.

Buckshot said:
"I know Cyclops can shoot without touching his visor. Doesn't change anything. Just because he can doesn't mean he will. If they're on a crowded street, his first move is not going to be to shoot a blast. He may be able to do it well, but that doesn't mean he's going to take unnecessary risks. And just because he can shoot as fast as he thinks, doesn't mean he's shooting right away. He still has to figure out where Bullseye is moving, how the people in the way might interfere with the shot, the people around Bullseye in case he dodges, etc before he fires, so it's not instantaneous. Bullseye's lack of concern for human life means he doesn't need to think about these things.

Who's talking about their shots hitting each other? A pebble going head to head with a laser blast doesn't make sense. Bullseye ricocheting several objects at different angles towards Cyclops (ex: one at his head that he sees coming and defends against, one coming from behind, one at a low level, maybe thigh-high that's too small to be caught by his eye, several more in between, some killing bystanders so Scott has to worry about them even more, a few more after that that Scott didn't see him throw) makes more sense. His shots don't have to be faster than Cyclops' for him to get him. Name some people (other than major characters) who dodge Bullseye's attacks, and back it up with scans. Regardless, I'm not talking about those other people. Between the two of them, Bullseye is the more likely to avoid an attack. He has superior reflexes and far superior agility. He also attacks in a way that is harder to avoid (more shots at once, harder to see, avoiding them endangers others, etc).

And what's going to stop Bullseye from hitting him in a vital area? Bullseye could put a penny through any of Scott's bones or his spine and cripple him, he could hit any of his organs or one of numerous pressure points on his body. There are so many places Bullseye could hit Scott and little he can do about it.

Bullseye doesn't need to stick with everyone, just a group. If he wanted to, all he'd have to do is kill the right people and he could herd large amounts of people where he wants them. If a person's head explodes next to you, you're going to run away from it. Killing the right people to keep the crowd where he wants it wouldn't be that hard. He could also cripple large numbers of people or just hold them. Threatening to kill some if they run (after already killing a few) would also work.

"
Cyclops has prior knowledge Bullseye correct? So knowing what type of marksman he is,do you think Cyclops will waste the time reaching for his visor? I have seen him not touch it plenty of times..I think he does it to save time..not really sure,it's random most of the time.Yes this is a crowded street and that's why Cyclops isn't going to take a shot that he might miss.In every crowd there is always an opening..an opening that Bullseye would also need to get a shot off or to throw something.

Scott doesn't usually dodge..he usually blasts things away with his powers.It's probably not likely he could do that to Bullseye's ninja stars...but this is a street...I'm sure there are cars and alleyways..which =cover for Cyclops.I never said that Bullseye's projectiles have to be faster than an an Optic blast to hit Cyclops...what I was saying was if Cyclops has a clear look at him and Bullseye is getting ready to throw or shoot something...it possible they could hit each other...Cyclops hitting him first because his weapon travels faster.Nobody other than major characters have dodged Bullseye's shots,but I feel it's the same for Cyclops.Cyclops has hit people more agile and faster than Bullseye so he maybe able to avoid some attacks by the skin of his teeth but he can only dodge so much.

Can explain more how this crowd thing will work..I don't see how killing people would help.If your saying he will make people run in the direction he wants them to run in..that would mean his focus is on people other than Cyclops...I mean that strategy could work but maybe that tactic will give Cyclops the opening he needs to take Bullseye out.With the speed of his blast even a small opening for a short period could get Bullseye shot.Physically holding people or threatening them so they stay put is a good tactic....in that case I don't know what Cyclops would do but that depends on what Bullseye plans to do with that cover.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I thought others might see what you said as something new that I hadn't already considered when writing my responses so I wanted to address it more directly.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#90  Edited By Nerx

Bulls for the win , uses a hostage then cyclops hesitates and WHAM a soda can is lodged in Cy's throat

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#91  Edited By Meteorite
Buckshot said:

Meteorite said:
The only person who beats Northstar in terms of speed is Quicksilver.
???"
Whoops looks like I was wrong there. I only said it because when I think of very fast Marvel characters I immediately think of Quicksilver, not Northstar. But Cyke has managed to hit both Northstar and Quicksilver with his optic beams.
likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#92  Edited By likalaruku

I hate Scott, so I root for Bullseye. Meh, I remember as a preteen, ALL the girls who were into X-men hated Scott.

cpt_linger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By cpt_linger

scotty ftw

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Buckshot did all that work and people still gonna pick Cyclops..I mean I am but damn....

RANDOMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By RANDOMM

Heh, he convinced me pretty much right away, and I can be pretty stubborn (see any WWH battle threads I posted in).

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator
Vance Astro said:
Cyclops has prior knowledge Bullseye correct? So knowing what type of marksman he is,do you think Cyclops will waste the time reaching for his visor? I have seen him not touch it plenty of times..I think he does it to save time..not really sure,it's random most of the time.Yes this is a crowded street and that's why Cyclops isn't going to take a shot that he might miss.In every crowd there is always an opening..an opening that Bullseye would also need to get a shot off or to throw something.

Scott doesn't usually dodge..he usually blasts things away with his powers.It's probably not likely he could do that to Bullseye's ninja stars...but this is a street...I'm sure there are cars and alleyways..which =cover for Cyclops.I never said that Bullseye's projectiles have to be faster than an an Optic blast to hit Cyclops...what I was saying was if Cyclops has a clear look at him and Bullseye is getting ready to throw or shoot something...it possible they could hit each other...Cyclops hitting him first because his weapon travels faster.Nobody other than major characters have dodged Bullseye's shots,but I feel it's the same for Cyclops.Cyclops has hit people more agile and faster than Bullseye so he maybe able to avoid some attacks by the skin of his teeth but he can only dodge so much.

Can explain more how this crowd thing will work..I don't see how killing people would help.If your saying he will make people run in the direction he wants them to run in..that would mean his focus is on people other than Cyclops...I mean that strategy could work but maybe that tactic will give Cyclops the opening he needs to take Bullseye out.With the speed of his blast even a small opening for a short period could get Bullseye shot.Physically holding people or threatening them so they stay put is a good tactic....in that case I don't know what Cyclops would do but that depends on what Bullseye plans to do with that cover.
"
Didn't even see this post in front of mine.

Who is talking about Cyclops reaching for his visor? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. The last post of that first paragraph tells me you're really not hearing what I'm saying. Bullseye doesn't need to wait for an opening like Cyclops does, he's more than willing to kill someone just to get to Scott.

Just having a clear look at him doesn't mean Cyclops will hit him. Just because he has a shot doesn't mean it's a good one or one that he'd be willing to risk missing. Cyclops isn't going to just take the first shot he sees. It may not take him long to figure out a good shot, but it's not going to be instantaneous. Also, getting a good look at BE would be hard to begin with. Bullseye has disappeared into a crowd while Daredevil was after him. If he wanted to hide from Cyke, he'd be able to. Avoiding Cyclops would be easier because Cyclops won't be attacking as much (with a ton of people in the way, he simply won't have a large amount of free shots), his attack is highly visible, and he's usually blasting just one beam. Bullseye isn't inhibited in any of these ways and he's also much more agile and has faster reflexes (better for dodging) and an adamantium skeletal system (better for taking hits). Give me some reasons why Scott would be better able to avoid Bullseye's attacks (other than it being faster, since that hasn't been enough in many situations).

Bullseye doesn't need to pay attention to kill someone (he's killed people without even looking at them many times) so herding a crowd won't take much effort or distract him from Scott. You're talking about how Scott needs just a small opening for him to hit Bullseye but ignoring Bullseye's advantage in that he doesn't need to wait for an opening.