Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

This is an easy one. Pretty much you have a mixed martial artist versus someone who is disciplined in one art. The logical choice is Batman, but the Mortal Kombat fanatic in me says Liu Kang by dragon fatality

Kang actually does know more than one style.

Fighting styles

• Jun Fan (MK:D, MK:A)
  • Pao Chui (MK:D)
  • Jeet Kune Do (MK:SM) - [Hybrid martial arts in itself]
  • Choy Lay Fut (MK:SM)
  • Monkey (MK:SM)
  • Dragon (MK:SM)

Weapon

• Dragon Sword (MK4, MKG)
  • Nunchaku (MK:D, MK:A)

NO

MK:SM is non canon and so are the rest of the games now since the releases of MK 9.

The OP was before MK9 and the DC reboot. If we have to use current for Kang, than we have to use current for Batman. That leaves little to discuss (and would probably be another thread).

Well since we aren't using current Liu Kang this is borderline a stomp since he doesn't have any feats other beating Shang Tsung, Goro, and Shao Kahn who are also featless off panel. MK 9 Liu Kang acutally has some pretty solid h2h feats, but they aren't up to par with Batman's showings.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

This is an easy one. Pretty much you have a mixed martial artist versus someone who is disciplined in one art. The logical choice is Batman, but the Mortal Kombat fanatic in me says Liu Kang by dragon fatality

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

MK:SM is non canon and so are the rest of the games now since the releases of MK 9.

The OP was before MK9 and the DC reboot. If we have to use current for Kang, than we have to use current for Batman. That leaves little to discuss (and would probably be another thread).

Well since we aren't using current Liu Kang this is borderline a stomp since he doesn't have any feats other beating Shang Tsung, Goro, and Shao Kahn who are also featless off panel. MK 9 Liu Kang acutally has some pretty solid h2h feats, but they aren't up to par with Batman's showings.

I would not say Shao Khan is completely featless. Go back and check the MK Armageddon Trailer. It gives a decent indicator of his strength.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

I would not say Shao Khan is completely featless. Go back and check the MK Armageddon Trailer. It gives a decent indicator of his strength.

The trailer isn't canon, and who has Shao Kahn beaten?

gingerpenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By gingerpenny

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

How is the trailer not cannon? It was the official intro for the game? Feats are not only based on who you have beaten.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

How is the trailer not cannon? It was the official intro for the game?

Doesn't mean it's canon to story which it isn't. The trailer had nothing to do with the story.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

Doesn't mean it's canon to story which it isn't.

How is it not? It really is on you to prove the official in game trailer is not cannon, because most of the endings involved the combatants fighting around the temple (the trailer was actually part of the back story).

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

How is it not? It really is on you to prove the official in game trailer is not cannon, because most of the endings involved the combatants fighting around the temple (the trailer was actually part of the back story).

1. The only canon ending for the MK:A storyline is Taven's

2. The trailer had nothing to do with konquest storyline which was centered around Taven who beat Blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

2. The trailer had nothing to do with konquest storyline which was centered around Taven who beat Blaze

That why I said back story. When Taven gets to the temple, everyone is still fighting below. His ending does not contradict the intro, in fact it complements it, because it shows how everyone got there and was fighting by the time he gets to the temple. If you know his ending it states that all the fighters below were enhanced because of his winning the tournament. The plan of the gods was for him to win have them stripped of his powers.

Also, I'm sorry but it is the "official trailer", and like previous trailers, blends in with the story. Unless the MK staff state its not cannon to the game, it is.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@lectriccolossus said:

Fighting styles

Weapon

NO

That why I said back story. When Taven gets to the temple, everyone is still fighting below. His ending does not contradict the intro, in fact it complements it, because it shows how everyone got there and was fighting by the time he gets to the temple. If you know his ending it states that all the fighters below were enhanced because of his winning the tournament. The plan of the gods was for him to win have them stripped of his powers.

Also, I'm sorry but it is the "official trailer", and like previous trailers, blends in with the story. Unless the MK staff state its not cannon to the game, it is.

Taven isn't in the trailer, so how can it be canon? This is what happen in the MK:A konquest ending, I don't see any other fighters.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By jeanroygrant

Batsy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

Taven isn't in the trailer, so how can it be canon? This is what happen in the MK:A konquest ending, I don't see any other fighters.

Look at the video you posted. See where Taven is when the temple comes up? He is not near the other fighters. The intro ends shortly after the temple comes up. In fact, the video ends when Blaze appears. So it make sense he was not there with the other fighters at that point.

There is no rule that Taven has to be in the into for it to be cannon.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

Look at your video you posted. See where Taven is when the temple comes up? He is not near the other fighters. The intro ends shortly after the temple comes up. The video ends when Blaze appears. So it make sense he was not there with the other fighters at that point.

There is no rule that Taven has to be in it for it to be cannon.

The video shows the temple from top to bottom, no fighters! Blaze directly challenged Taven to Mortal Kombat which wasn't in the trailer. And yes in order for it to be canon it would have to follow the storyline which means including Taven and events that happen in the storyline.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

Look at your video you posted. See where Taven is when the temple comes up? He is not near the other fighters. The intro ends shortly after the temple comes up. The video ends when Blaze appears. So it make sense he was not there with the other fighters at that point.

The video shows the temple from top to bottom, no fighters! Blaze directly challenged Taven to Mortal Kombat which wasn't in the trailer. And yes in order for it to be canon it would have to follow the storyline which means including Taven and events that happen in the storyline.

You posted clip 13, read 14.

look for around 0:53"I faced many kombatants, fighting my way to the top of the pyramid..."

Why we don't see fighters there for the one shot could just be lazy dev team's, them being on the other side of the temple, add more of an effect (I really don't know) but in the story it states they where there when he went, and that is very weak pointer considering the length of the shot and the fact this is "the official trailer" we are talking about.

And I'm going to repeat, its official until the actual team that made it says otherwise.

EDIT:

BTW ~1:32 of your own clip confirms the fighters are in fact below.

"Those warriors are in the crator below, engaged in Mortal Kombat."

So they are confirmed to be fighting in the area when the temple rises.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#65  Edited By TifaLockhart

Shao Kahn has conquered numerous realms, and Kang beat him. I don't know if that is anything of note, or if Kahn actually got his hands dirty, or if the fighters from those realms were skilled, but I'm just throwing that out there. Batman still wins.

RyuHayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By RyuHayabusa

Batman 9/10

Batman's h2h2 feats>>>>>>>Liu kang's

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

You posted clip 13, read 14.

look for around 0:53"I faced many kombatants, fighting my way to the top of the pyramid..."

Why we don't see fighters there for the one shot could just be lazy dev team's, them being on the other side of the temple, add more of an effect (I really don't know) but in the story it states they where there when he went, and that is very weak pointer considering the length of the shot and the fact this is "the official trailer" we are talking about.

And I'm going to repeat, its official until the actual team that made it says otherwise.

EDIT:

BTW ~1:32 of your own clip confirms the fighters are in fact below.

"Those warriors are in the crator below, engaged in Mortal Kombat."

So they are confirmed to be fighting in the area when the temple rises.

Still doesn't make it canon because in the trailer Taven doesn't fight his way to the top and Blaze directly challenged him in the ending and that didn't happen in the trailer. When did the creators confirm that the MK:A trailer was canon to the storyline? This trailer included some parts of the story but was created most likely for promotional reasons. The video below is also a trailer but it was created to promote the MK:D game just like this trailer is created to promote MK:A.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By nick_hero22

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

Shao Kahn has conquered numerous realms, and Kang beat him. I don't know if that is anything of note, or if Kahn actually got his hands dirty, or if the fighters from those realms were skilled, but I'm just throwing that out there. Batman still wins.

Shao Kahn's army has conquered numerous realms and the only person he has fought was King Jerrod who doesn't have a single feat attached to his name.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

Still doesn't make it canon because in the trailer Taven doesn't fight his way to the top and Blaze directly challenged him in the ending and that didn't happen in the trailer.

I've already shown you that his own ending for the conquest mode, he says he had to fight his way to the tower, so you're wrong. Acclaim does not even show Blaze right away when the tower came up in the trailer, so we don't know what he was doing in the trailer before he reveals himself to the other fighters (that was when he was talking to Taven making the challenge). We don't see it in the trailer because the Acclaim didn't want us to. After Taven talks to Blaze and gets challenged, Taven fights his way up the temple competing with the other fighters (off panel), it is confirmed in his ending.

When did the creators confirm that the MK:A trailer was canon to the storyline? This trailer included some parts of the story but was created most likely for promotional reasons. The video below is also a trailer but it was created to promote the MK:D game just like this trailer is created to promote MK:A.

LOL. Sorry but unless you work for Acclaim this is unfounded. I don't have to prove its cannon because its included with the game and explains part of the story. Stating Taven has to be mentioned in it is garbage, Acclaim can reveal aspects of the story when and where they feel like doing so. You're making unfounded claims and telling me to prove otherwise.

MrBigBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By MrBigBalls

Batman

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By TifaLockhart

@nick_hero22: Sorry for not being up to snuff with my MK, but wouldn't the elder gods step in if Kahn merged a realm without victory in Mortal Kombat?

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

Still doesn't make it canon because in the trailer Taven doesn't fight his way to the top and Blaze directly challenged him in the ending and that didn't happen in the trailer.

I've already shown you that his own ending for the conquest mode, he says he had to fight his way to the tower, so you're wrong. Acclaim does not even show Blaze right away when the tower came up in the trailer, so we don't know what he was doing in the trailer before he reveals himself to the other fighters (that was when he was talking to Taven making the challenge). We don't see it in the trailer because the Acclaim didn't want us to. After Taven talks to Blaze and gets challenged, Taven fights his way up the temple competing with the other fighters (off panel), it is confirmed in his ending.

When did the creators confirm that the MK:A trailer was canon to the storyline? This trailer included some parts of the story but was created most likely for promotional reasons. The video below is also a trailer but it was created to promote the MK:D game just like this trailer is created to promote MK:A.

LOL. Sorry but unless you work for Acclaim this is unfounded. I don't have to prove its cannon because its included with the game and explains part of the story. Stating Taven has to be mentioned in it is garbage, Acclaim can reveal aspects of the story when and where they feel like doing so. You're making unfounded claims and telling me to prove otherwise.

1. Pretty much everything you said is irrelevant because the trailer didn't follow the actually storyline where Taven fights he way to the top of pyramid and defeat Blaze which wasn't included in the trailer.

2. What is Acclaim? Because the creators of the Mortal Kombat series is Midway.

3. Your the one who stated that the trailer was canon at least have some prove to back that up.

4. And in order for it to explain parts of the story it would have to include Taven who is the center of the story in MK:A.

5. How I'm I making unfound claims when the trailer clearly doesn't show what happen in the end of the story.

Here is the trailer below and I don't see Taven fighting his way to the top or in the trailer point so how is it following the konquest ending which is the canon story. The only two people fighting at the top of the pyramid was Liu Kang and Shang Tsung which is non canon, since Taven was the only one to make it to the top.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By nick_hero22

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

@nick_hero22: Sorry for not being up to snuff with my MK, but wouldn't the elder gods step in if Kahn merged a realm without victory in Mortal Kombat?

They should, but I think that rule was put in place when he tried to directly conquer some realm (Don't remember which one) or something like that don't quiet remember. Or I think the rules were created when Shinnok invaded Earthrealm it's one or the other.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

1. Pretty much everything you said is irrelevant because the trailer didn't follow the actually storyline where Taven fights he way to the top of pyramid and defeat Blaze which wasn't included in the trailer.

3. Your the one who stated that the trailer was canon at least have some prove to back that up.

4. And in order for it to explain parts of the story it would have to include Taven who is the center of the story in MK:A.

5. How I'm I making unfound claims when the trailer clearly doesn't show what happen in the end of the story.

Here is the trailer below and I don't see Taven fighting his way to the top or in the trailer point so how is it following the konquest ending which is the canon story. The only two people fighting at the top of the pyramid was Liu Kang and Shang Tsung which is non canon, since Taven was the only one to make it to the top.

I should have realized this was going to be a waste of time the moment you posted the "trailer / intro" to the game was non cannon. Points 1, 3-5 have been addressed, go back and read my posts, or keep repeating yourself if you think it changes reality.

Point 2: Acclaim is now defunct, they worked with midway for a few mortal Kombat projects, I actually meant Midway. But point stands.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

I should have realized this was going to be a waste of time the moment you posted the "trailer / intro" to the game was non cannon. Points 1, 3-5 have been addressed, go back and read my posts, or keep repeating yourself if you think it changes reality.

Point 2: Acclaim is now defunct, they worked with midway for a few mortal Kombat projects, I actually meant Midway. But point stands.

No you need to learn the definition of canon, in order for something to be canon it has to follow the whole in entire storyline not parts of it. Important canon pieces were removed from this trailer making it non canon since it's not following the story. Where in the story is it seen or stated that Liu Kang and Shang Tsung were at the top of the pyramid fighting each other to get to Blaze?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

No you need to learn the definition of canon, in order for something to be canon it has to follow the whole in entire storyline not parts of it. Important canon pieces were removed from this trailer making it non canon since it's not following the story. Where in the story is it seen or stated that Liu Kang and Shang Tsung were at the top of the pyramid fighting each other to get to Blaze?

LOL? (Sorry, just I just don't know how to reply to this)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

What I mean is that it has the follow the entire storyline.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

Here is a hint, you're wording was the least of the issues there.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grasp this concept. Let's take the Mortal Kombat movies for example they both contain canon information and lore but they don't follow the story that has been establish in it entirety. The same thing can be stated about MK Shaolin Monks which was stated to be a spin off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grasp this concept.Let's take the Mortal Kombat movies for example they both contain canon information and lore but they don't follow the story that has been establish in it entirety. The same thing can be stated about MK Shaolin Monks which was stated to be a spin off.

LOL! (Can't think of anything positive, or neutral, to say at this point)

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to grasp this concept.Let's take the Mortal Kombat movies for example they both contain canon information and lore but they don't follow the story that has been establish in it entirety. The same thing can be stated about MK Shaolin Monks which was stated to be a spin off.

I'm through debating with you because you lack the intelligence and maturity to grasp certain concepts that should be easily understood. Don't bother replying me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I thorough debating with you because you lack the intelligence and maturity to grasp certain concepts that should be easily understood. Don't bother replying me.

K!

No Caption Provided
Sith616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sith616

Batman!

Dark Cloud™

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Dark Cloud™

Not that hard of a choice. Both are competent fighters. But for me, it comes down to who I like better; and that's Liu Kang!

Sith616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Sith616

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

I don't understand.

jameshebrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jameshebrew

this would be epic

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TifaLockhart

Batman already won.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sith616 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I don't understand.

What don't you understand his response or my objection? I thought it was self explanatory.

I didn't agree with this statement because it claimed that the trailer/intro is not cannon to the game because it left out several elements of the in-game story mode. I found this illogical because the intro, by definition, is only part of the story and can therefor not contain the entire story. This is the games equivalent of an epilogue, you don't tell the good parts of a story before the first chapter even starts. There are also character profiles (not to be confused with character endings) that are included in the game that are considered cannon, but are not part of the quest mode. Also chapters and epilogues don't need to follow a linear timeline, the author's can jump back and forth to different events in time as they see fit.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@Sith616 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I don't understand.

What don't you understand his response or my objection? I thought it was self explanatory.

I didn't agree with this statement because it claimed that the trailer/intro is not cannon to the game because it left out several elements of the in-game story mode. I found this illogical because the intro, by definition, is only part of the story and can therefor not contain the entire story. This is the games equivalent of an epilogue, you don't tell the good parts of a story before the first chapter even starts. There are also character profiles (not to be confused with character endings) that are included in the game that are considered cannon, but are not part of the quest mode. Also chapters and epilogues don't need to follow a linear timeline, the author's can jump back and forth to different events in time as they see fit.

Canon means that it follows the storyline, leaving out important parts of the story would make the trailer non canon because it's missing key elements that are part of the story. How is this illogical if something doesn't fit the story then it's non canon as simple as that. Regardless if it's suppose to be a epilogue or not the trailer didn't show what really happen in the Konquest which contain the most canon pieces of the game. Going by what happen in the Konquest Liu Kang and Shang Tsung never made it to the top because it said that Taven fought his way to the top and confront Blaze himself. This was a important canon information that wasn't shown during the trailer regardless if the producers wanted to keep Taven a secret or not, that is not how it happened in the story which makes the trailer non canon.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By nick_hero22

And anyway let's get back on topic (Batman vs Liu Kang)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@Sith616 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I don't understand.

Canon means that it follows the storyline, leaving out important parts of the story would make the trailer non canon because it's missing key elements that are part of the story. How is this illogical if something doesn't fit the story then it's non canon as simple as that. Regardless if it's suppose to be a epilogue or not the trailer didn't show what really happen in the Konquest which contain the most canon pieces of the game. Going by what happen in the Konquest Liu Kang and Shang Tsung never made it to the top because it said that Taven fought his way to the top and confront Blaze himself. This was a important canon information that wasn't shown during the trailer regardless if the producters wanted to keep Taven a secret or not, that is not how it happened in the story which makes the trailer non canon.

The conquest mode never explicitly says that other fighters didn't face him either, so still no contradiction. In fact, the trailer does not show if Shang Tsung fought Blaze or ran, so you have no bases to even claim they faced him. So you are still yet to show a solid contradiction. The rest of your statement just goes back your familiar line of claiming "that the trailer/intro is not cannon to the game because it left out several elements of the in-game story mode", which I've addressed because the epilogue is "part of the story" and cannot contain "the full story".

Edit: Also wanted to add that the Trailer is not like a movie trailer (which shows clips to promote the movie) it is the introduction/epilogue which is shown as an introductory video. In the past Mortal Kombat showed a text introduction on the older systems to give us an update of whats going since the last mortal Kombat and the reason for the new tournament, these text descriptions were changed to "intro videos"/epilogues.

You also claimed that the trailer does not follow the story, which is incorrect because it is part of the story. You're basically saying the epilogue must contain "redundant information" to be cannon because that is what it would take to include key elements in both the story mode and the "intro movie", yes, lets spoil all the secrets at the beginning. The "character profiles" (not the endings) are also separate from the conquest mode, but no one has challenged if they are cannon or not.

You have also spent a great deal of effort looking for small inconsistencies which were proven not to be inconsistent. Before you continue to waste your time, understand that minor inconsistencies don't prove much other than the artists missed a mistake, if you check IMDB you'll find some movies with a sections that lists dozens of errors. These can be cosmetic, factual, or even insignificant contradictions. Unless it fundamentally brakes the story, it proves nothing other than the fact that the artists are human and mistakes happen. You'll never hear someone say: "These scene is not cannon because Person A was standing here in this angle, but standing there for all the other angles".

You also claim that the conquest mode is part of the story and more cannon than the rest of the game so you're basically claiming the story mode is more cannon than the character profiles and the intro/epilogue/trailer. I find this is claim very presumptuous when you consider that most Mortal Kombat games don't even have a story mode, while still retaining the profiles and the intro/epilogue/trailer.

And I was content to let this die if someone had not brought it up again, but if you present me with wrong information, I will correct it.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By nick_hero22

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@Sith616 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I don't understand.

Canon means that it follows the storyline, leaving out important parts of the story would make the trailer non canon because it's missing key elements that are part of the story. How is this illogical if something doesn't fit the story then it's non canon as simple as that. Regardless if it's suppose to be a epilogue or not the trailer didn't show what really happen in the Konquest which contain the most canon pieces of the game. Going by what happen in the Konquest Liu Kang and Shang Tsung never made it to the top because it said that Taven fought his way to the top and confront Blaze himself. This was a important canon information that wasn't shown during the trailer regardless if the producters wanted to keep Taven a secret or not, that is not how it happened in the story which makes the trailer non canon.

The conquest mode never explicitly says that other fighters didn't face him either, so still no contradiction. In fact, the trailer does not show if Shang Tsung fought Blaze or ran, so you have no bases to even claim they faced him. So you are still yet to show a solid contradiction. The rest of your statement just goes back your familiar line of claiming "that the trailer/intro is not cannon to the game because it left out several elements of the in-game story mode", which I've addressed because the epilogue is "part of the story" and cannot contain "the full story".

Edit: Also wanted to add that the Trailer is not like a movie trailer (which shows clips to promote the movie) it is the introduction/epilogue which is shown as an introductory video. In the past Mortal Kombat showed a text introduction on the older systems to give us an update of whats going since the last mortal Kombat and the reason for the new tournament, these text descriptions were changed to "intro videos"/epilogues.

You also claimed that the trailer does not follow the story, which is incorrect because it is part of the story. You're basically saying the epilogue must contain "redundant information" to be cannon because that is what it would take to include key elements in both the story mode and the "intro movie", yes, lets spoil all the secrets at the beginning. The "character profiles" (not the endings) are also separate from the conquest mode, but no one has challenged if they are cannon or not.

You have also spent a great deal of effort looking for small inconsistencies which were proven not to be inconsistent. Before you continue to waste your time, understand that minor inconsistencies don't prove much other than the artists missed a mistake, if you check IMDB you'll find some movies with a sections that lists dozens of errors. These can be cosmetic, factual, or even insignificant contradictions. Unless it fundamentally brakes the story, it proves nothing other than the fact that the artists are human and mistakes happen. You'll never hear someone say: "These scene is not cannon because Person A was standing here in this angle, but standing there for all the other angles".

You also claim that the conquest mode is part of the story and more cannon than the rest of the game so you're basically claiming the story mode is more cannon than the character profiles and the intro/epilogue/trailer. I find this is claim very presumptuous when you consider that most Mortal Kombat games don't even have a story mode, while still retaining the profiles and the intro/epilogue/trailer.

And I was content to let this die if someone had not brought it up again, but if you present me with wrong information, I will correct it.

I'm through arguing about this, the trailer didn't happen the way Taven said it happen which included him fighting his way to the top and confronting Blaze. I think you need to rewatch the trailer because it clearly showed Shang Tsung making his way to the top of the tower after the rest of the fighters were defeated while at the top his was confronted by Liu Kang, that's not what Taven ending said happen. And it still doesn't change the fact that Taven who supposely fought his way to the top defeating the rest of the warriors was included in the trailer. We are clearly going around in circles and it's best that we agree to disagree. Batman still wins.

Avatar image for decepticondave_
decepticondave_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By decepticondave_

Batman/Bruce Wayne is a "Polymath" not sure if this has been mentioned or not I did not bother to read EVERY page of this massive battle, but taking what I know about both of these intensely skilled fighters, Kang has him on years trained, but Batman is smart, not a push over, and I think would find holes in Kangs stance more often than the versa, I vote batman.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Deranged Midget said:

Batman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@drgnx said:

@Sith616 said:

@drgnx said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I don't understand.

I'm through arguing about this, the trailer didn't happen the way Taven said it happen which included him fighting his way to the top and confronting Blaze. I think you need to rewatch the trailer because it clearly showed Shang Tsung making his way to the top of the tower after the rest of the fighters were defeated while at the top his was confronted by Liu Kang, that's not what Taven ending said happen. And it still doesn't change the fact that Taven who supposely fought his way to the top defeating the rest of the warriors was included in the trailer. We are clearly going around in circles and it's best that we agree to disagree. Batman still wins.

I've already shown the clip that confirms where the fighters where battling when the temple came up. The other fighters were fighting on the ground when Taven fought his brother on a nearby building in the mountains, that is why he was not in the trailer. His own video shows he was not on the ground when the temple came up so it is consistent with the trailer. You conveniently keep ignoring that. The irony is you posted the clip to show that artist didn't render the fighters on the ground when the temple appeared yet ignored that part of the same clip where it specifically points out the fighters are indeed there below battling (you can even hear them fighting). Neither story mode or the Intro state what happened once Blaze reveals himself to the other fighters which means there is nothing to contradict.

It does not matter where Lui Kang and Shang were when Blaze appeared, there is no proof that they fought Blaze because it ends once he appears to them. They were close to the top but were never shown making it to the top; Lui Kang was pulling Shang Tseng back, and other fighters were running up behind them. They could have pulled Shang Tseng back before took any further steps, or something else could have happened, the fact remains there is no proof they fought. Taven's ending confirmed he had to make it to the top, which means he had to get down from his building and get to the other fighters, it NEVER states which fighters he fought, how long it took, just that he had to fight others. I already posted the clip for this as well, but it is too inconvenient for you to acknowledge.

What Taven's ending or the Story mode "dosen't" state is irrelevant, What maters is there are no shown inconsistencies.

You are entitled to your opinion, but if you post incorrect information, I'll call you on it.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By gumflabica

@Steps said:

@Jezer said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I say Batman in a good fight. Liu Kang definitely possesses the skills to get him a fight decent fight due being trained since a child in martial arts and he has shown to be capable of beating some pretty impressive people, but Batman possesses more knowledge and a variety of it, and on top of that he has better h2h showings.

Does possessing more knowledge on a large variety of different martial arts actually translate to being better theoretically than someone who possesses more intensive knowledge on only one or a few?

Let me put it another way: Does partaking in every sport make you more athletic than a person who chooses to focus, and train intensely, for one or two sports? I feel like knowing too many different martial arts would be like spreading yourself too thin. I mean, different martial arts have different philosophies that contradict each other. And, when it comes down to it, he's not going to be using all of those styles when he's fighting...

But in regards to a fight having knowledge in a variety of martial arts allows you to have an arsenal to choose from, that if a move doesn't work you can try a different tactic and keep the opponent guessing as opposed to the one with knowledge in only one area where his fighting style becomes predictable. You can know different martial arts but you don't have to try and apply their philosophies simultaneously you just have to apply what's at the moment and I'm pretty sure Batman's knowledge on these is sufficent enough that even if he is spread thin he would still be sufficient in using all of them.

Let's consider your sports analogy, I find it to be not as strong as it could be because when I look at it the "sport" represents the type of fighting be it hand to hand or with weapons or ranged. To me it's more like this if in a game of basketball a player only focus' on his 3 point shooting is put up against someone who is a great perimeter defender, stealer, and shot blocker the defender has more ways to prevent the offense from scoring whereas the offense who has no skill on the inside would struggle outside if the perimeter defense is tight enough and would surely get blocked if he drives to the hoop.

im scared, confused, and have a headache. thanx guys, thanx alot.

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By gumflabica

@Jezersaid:

@Steps said:

@Jezer said:

@nick_hero22 said:

I say Batman in a good fight. Liu Kang definitely possesses the skills to get him a fight decent fight due being trained since a child in martial arts and he has shown to be capable of beating some pretty impressive people, but Batman possesses more knowledge and a variety of it, and on top of that he has better h2h showings.

Does possessing more knowledge on a large variety of different martial arts actually translate to being better theoretically than someone who possesses more intensive knowledge on only one or a few?

Let me put it another way: Does partaking in every sport make you more athletic than a person who chooses to focus, and train intensely, for one or two sports? I feel like knowing too many different martial arts would be like spreading yourself too thin. I mean, different martial arts have different philosophies that contradict each other. And, when it comes down to it, he's not going to be using all of those styles when he's fighting...

But in regards to a fight having knowledge in a variety of martial arts allows you to have an arsenal to choose from, that if a move doesn't work you can try a different tactic and keep the opponent guessing as opposed to the one with knowledge in only one area where his fighting style becomes predictable. You can know different martial arts but you don't have to try and apply their philosophies simultaneously you just have to apply what's at the moment and I'm pretty sure Batman's knowledge on these is sufficent enough that even if he is spread thin he would still be sufficient in using all of them.

Let's consider your sports analogy, I find it to be not as strong as it could be because when I look at it the "sport" represents the type of fighting be it hand to hand or with weapons or ranged. To me it's more like this if in a game of basketball a player only focus' on his 3 point shooting is put up against someone who is a great perimeter defender, stealer, and shot blocker the defender has more ways to prevent the offense from scoring whereas the offense who has no skill on the inside would struggle outside if the perimeter defense is tight enough and would surely get blocked if he drives to the hoop.

In theory, but that isn't how it actually works. From watching MMA, I know that different martial arts help you develop different parts of your overall style. Boxing will develop good striking skills and footwork. Wrestling could develop good grappling skills. You're not really picking up specific moves, but developing better skills in specific areas. Because, when it comes down to it, you have your own unique fighting style. Different fighting styles place different emphasis on which foot to put your weight on, how rigid your stance should be, where you should aim, ect.

I don't agree with your analogy because no fighting style focuses solely on one aspect of fighting. No fighting style is equatable to a player who only focuses on 3 point shots. Kung fu teaches punches, kicks, throws, and joint locks. Even boxing, which is primarily punching, works footwork, timing, and dodging as well. If it works a variety of different areas, one fighting style is sufficient enough to match someone who's picked up relevant skills from many different ones.

In my sports analogy, the sport represents the different range of motions and skills required for that sport. The different muscles it works. Basketball involves alot of sprinting, sudden acceleration, hand coordination, footwork, ect. These are all the different muscles it works:

http://www.livestrong.com/article/458042-what-muscles-do-you-use-when-playing-basketball/

Considering the fact that athletic can be defined as "3. Physically strong and well-developed; muscular"[thefreedictionary.com]

playing basketball helps your overall athleticism because, even though it's one sport, it develops your strength in all those variety of ways that a person would get from playing different sports. To train intensely for basketball(by playing basketball) would require you to focus on improving your athleticism, while playing many different sports means you can't train intensely for any single one. Thus, it doesn't necessarily make you more athletic.

@drgnx

said:

@Soulstealer said:

@drgnx said:

@Vance Astro said:

@drgnx said:

I'm not sure how many styles Batman has, but Shang Tsung has a quite a few souls under his belt (at least the hundreds...I think the movie said 1000), and therefor that many skill sets (yes there will be some overlap), plus he has hundreds of years of combat experience. Lui Kang still beat him.

I don't think it's the same thing.Batman has feats to go with his stated mastery.

I'm not saying this is evidence that Lui Kang will beat Batman. I'm just pointing out that knowing more schools of martial arts does not guarantee a win for Batman because it didn't for Shang Tsung.

Batman has more feats because he has been around longer and applies to a different media which better allows him to show his feats. To do Lui Kang justice, you would need to show the fighting skills of every fighter Shang Tsung soul stole from before getting his butt handed to him. There just is not room to do that anywhere for the purpose of this video game.

If you looked at Batman's fighting feats in the videos games and movie only, he is not nearly as impressive as the comics. I find this for most characters.

Actually I'd argue that who said Shang Tsung has access to all of this knowledge at once? As he shapeshifts his styles change, but I can't remember a time that he was not directly using the style of the form he was in. I can't say that holds true in the movies or not, seeing as most of his forms there are of unknown fighters, but his style did change as he did while fighting. That's not to say that I know one way or another but that's to say that it's something that needs to be proved one way or another.

Also on the experience of the fighters he's faced and again I argue that as a feat because I think it was Vance that said it, but "Long life does not automatically translate into fighting skill." Heck, fighting experience doesn't automatically translate into skill. I use this as an example, but if you fight the same kind of battles everyday for a thousand years that doesn't make you prepared for a brand new type of battle on the fly that you've never experienced or even a fighting style or even a true master of a fighting style you've seen arbitrarily. That's to say that it might have been much easier for Shang Tsung before Lui Kang, who's to say that every fighting force he ever faced was unparalleled fighters or that they didn't just panic and run away at the sight of Ice ninjas or flaming skeletons.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that all of this is full of a great many variables that you can't address without actual knowledge about the things the character has faced. That's why feats are so important in these battles because they are a quantifiable measure of what a character explicitly is or isn't capable of.

Well his shape shifting is actually separate from his soul stealing because he can Shape-Shift into people who are not dead (kung-loa when he killed Lui-Kang in deadly Alliance). Also, Quan Chi took on Sub-Zero's appearance when he killed Scorpion's family. Game-wise, its not possible for him to do everyone's move in one form, and if he could, he would be overpowered.

It wouldn't make sense for him to not have access to the fighting knowledge in base form, even if he can't do some abilities, but I can't prove either way.

Out of Game: just an FYI

The was show once where it was shown that shape shifting was an ability of a sorcerer, Quan Chi was able to change his appearance and that of others and he lacks soul absorption abilities. In the movie, he never shifted to actually fight but did so to play mind games.

----------------------------------------------

I agree that long life does not equal fighting skill, but the same goes for learning more fighting arts, that's the point I was trying to make in that last statement. You can master 127 or whatever, but if someone learns 6 martial arts and that trumps every move you use in the 127, you're still going to lose. This is why I'm saying, who knows more arts does not prove anything. And to be clear, that is all I'm trying to say.

If you want to have a straight-up feat fight, just posting feats is pointless if you can't quantify them and compare them because they are in the same realm of strength and abilities. Its like you watching you're neighbor beat a boxer then saying he can beat another boxer because you have not seen him fight. Forget the fact the other guy is a boxer and everyone is telling you he beat Tyson in a street fight, no one has pictures of the fight and all media pertaining to Tyson's fight were lost in a fire. Your neighbor has feats that can be shown, so he wins. Kang beat a god, but we didn't see a cannon fight sequence so it does not count?

If someone wants to use double standards, and because Authors love to say "he knows every martial art known to man" one could also be extremely anal and tell you:

• List every martial art listed in any particular DC universe
  • On top of that, show me every move for that style in that universe (and show me batman can do it)
  • if it is not specifically listed, it does not exist in that universe (each fighting style and each move for each fighting style)
  • And you can't compile a master list from each different universe
  • And prove to me that move 4, 50, and 100 are not different stages of the same kick.

(don't actually post ... lol)

WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME!

gumflabica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By gumflabica

i think liu kang would win because:

1. he is stronger, he punches holes in people

2. he defies gravity. sure batman has a grappling hook but liu kang doesnt need one because he can kick his way into the air

3. FIRE! batmans cape helps but i think liu kang can figure out how to take a damn cape off

4. martial arts! liu kang has mastered one of the forms of martial arts batman has, but he has been using it longer, is more experienced with it, and bet the sh!t out of goro! nuff said

Captain_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Captain_Clown

Liu Kang can beat supernatural and superpowered beings to death with his bare hands. Compare Goro or Shao Kahn to Bane. This is a stomp, not even close. Being an expert martial artist means totally different things in MK compared to the DCU. If Batman had gadgets there would be an actual fight.