Follow

Deadpool

Character » Deadpool appears in 3332 issues.

Wade Wilson is a former test subject of the Weapon X program, where he received his regenerative healing factor through the scientific experiments conducted upon him. A prominent enemy, ally and later, member of X-Force. He's famous for breaking the Fourth Wall.

So, About The Deadpool Movie........

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LipstickZombie

So it looks like we’re getting a Deadpool movie! I love Deadpool and my only response to this movie is, It’s about F***ing time! But I do have some concerns about the film. Deadpool is a very edgy character and should not be marketed to children like Captain , Iron Man, and Spiderman are. The movie should be rated R to accommodate Deadpool’s…uniqueness. It should have all the violence that the character is known for. And even if the film was marketed to children, do you really think little Tommy is going to reach for a Deadpool mask over a Spiderman one?

My second concern in Ryan Reynolds (even though he really shouldn’t be blamed for Wolverine Origins). I think Reynolds would be a great pre-cancer Wade Wilson, but somewhat lack on the psycho that is Deadpool. If they really want to use Reynolds it would be better for the film to focus on Wade before he was Deadpool. The character has a fantastic origin story and could stand alone as its own film.

Well that was my rant. If you have any opinions about the film, feel free to comment below.

EpicAssassin90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By EpicAssassin90

For your first concern I completely agree it should be rated R. Period. On the topic of Ryan Reynolds I think he's make a great pre and post cancer deadpool. The pre cancer wade can kinda be seen in some of his more serious roles but post cancer I direct you attention to Blade Trinity while yes a bad film when Ryan was on screen I saw deadpool. But obviously this is my opinion not everybody's

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LipstickZombie

@EpicAssassin90: I think he would be great but he needs the good writing to back it up.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By serpent222

Where is it that we're hearing that it's back on?

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By akbogert

PG-13 Deadpool isn't Deadpool.

Ryan Reynolds can definitely pull it off.

I second the inquiry as to confirmation the movie's really happening though.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By End_Boss

Last I heard, the movie had been put on the back burner due in part to Green Lantern's lackluster box office numbers. The other reason it has fallen low on the list of priorities is that, despite everyone in and outside of Hollywood loving the guy, Reynolds can't seem to make a decent headliner film.

If you don't think he can pull off the pathos, though, you should check out some of his indie stuff. Buried and The Nines come to mind. The Nines is probably my favorite film from Reynolds.

EDIT: Also, Smokin' Aces.

DeadpoolFan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By DeadpoolFan101

How do we know that the Deadpool movie has been confirmed, can anyone send me the source?

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

That is never going to be made and Marvel hates Deadpool.

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LipstickZombie

http://moviepilot.com/movies/38663-deadpool From what I have seen the movie IS happening.

serpent222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By serpent222

@LipstickZombie said:

http://moviepilot.com/movies/38663-deadpool From what I have seen the movie IS happening.

I really think it's still up in the air. It seems like it's in developmental hell.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By tupiaz

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Yeah that is why he is in a numers of comics and getting his own video game. He is so hated.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@serpent222 said:

@LipstickZombie said:

I really think it's still up in the air. It seems like it's in developmental hell.

Is in a development hell.

@tupiaz said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

Yeah that is why he is in a numers of comics and getting his own video game. He is so hated.

They hate Deadpool, but they love the money, at this point is more easy to sell Deadpool in video games because of the Marvel vs Capcom fame, they give a Rocket Racoon a movie, freacking Rocket Racoon

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By tupiaz

@DeathpooltheT1000: Really have a hard time seeing Marvel hating Deadpool and you haven't back it up with any prove.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By judasnixon

Holy #$@%.... Could you imagine how bad ass it would be if they got Takashi Miike to direct the Deadpool movie?  

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tupiaz: They take down his Web Series and Pretty much had done everything in their power to make him a second rate Spiderman

LipstickZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LipstickZombie

@judasnixon: I was thinking Quentin Tarantino.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I found this on youtube and my one thought was ".............this is exactly how a Deadpool movie should be done!"

Loading Video...

mxb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no sure if its and old interview now... But today deadpoolbugle posted a new interview about the film w/ the script writers...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.