Follow

Cyborg

Character » Cyborg appears in 2943 issues.

Half man, half machine - all hero! After a near fatal incident, Victor Stone was cybernetically enhanced by his father. He now possesses the ability to communicate, manipulate, and interface with nearly all forms of technology. As he is constantly upgrading, he promises to defend the future from any threat. He is also a founding member of the Teen Titans and in some continuities, the Justice League.

Off My Mind: Five Reasons Cyborg is a Good Fit for the Justice League

Avatar image for manmartianhunter
    ManMartianhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If anybody should've even dumped it should've been Captain Talks-To-Fish...his use? Martian Manhunter brought wisdom Cyborg brings fresh tech and attitude plus lots of nievity.

Superdork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Superdork

@ManMartianhunter said:

If anybody should've even dumped it should've been Captain Talks-To-Fish...his use? Martian Manhunter brought wisdom Cyborg brings fresh tech and attitude plus lots of nievity.

Agree

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#203  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Manmartianhunter: Arthur brings nobility, objectivness, and A level head. As for Cyborg your right about the fresh tech but it seems like every Leaguer has more attitude than him.

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#204  Edited By Captain13
    No Caption Provided
    darkangelomega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By darkangelomega

@KainScion: Which characters would those be? He's not exactly low in the brains or brawn department. I feel if you're going to say better choices you should list at least a couple.

I like Cyborg I think he's a great character. But I feel he's the Nick Fury of the Team. New 52 Kinda feels like what if the Ultimate universe had replaced the regular Marvel U.

I feel he's the Nick Fury of the team for the following reason. Marvel Experimented with making Captain America (Ultimate Version) a different race. Black in this case. Got too much negative feed back over it and tried it with Nick fury and had better success. To me this feels like they had a closed door meeting and discussed who could help diversify the team. And came up with Cyborg. And yeah Cyborg should be on the league. But I feel he should have been brought in later. After they see him prove himself like he has before. Here he's the new guy, and if they wanted to Diversify the team. I feel John Stewart would have been a better choice. Still Iconic (side note still not alot of people are familiar with Manhunter) and better known.

Hal Jordan I'm just waiting for Batman to punch in the face. He's more annoying than Guy Gardener these days.

esquire415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By esquire415

Cyborg who? I've stopped following Justice League in the 80s so I'm not familiar with this Cyborg. I did see a few of the animated series of Teen Titans with him in it. Actually, he seems out of place in this new version of JLA. They want him in it because he is black (for diversity) and he is so very 21st century with all the high tech gadgetry. With the success of Marvel's Ironman, it seems that Warner Bros. want to capitalize on this. I agree with some of the comments that he should be introduced later (perhaps in the sequel along with Green Arrow, Hawkman and The Atom) because Martian Manhunter is one of the original JLer and should be part of the 7 for the first movie. Batman already has hi-tech gadgetry perfected, why even bring Cyborg? MM has better and more unique superpowers.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Cyborg who? I've stopped following Justice League in the 80s so I'm not familiar with this Cyborg. I did see a few of the animated series of Teen Titans with him in it. Actually, he seems out of place in this new version of JLA. They want him in it because he is black (for diversity) and he is so very 21st century with all the high tech gadgetry. With the success of Marvel's Ironman, it seems that Warner Bros. want to capitalize on this. I agree with some of the comments that he should be introduced later (perhaps in the sequel along with Green Arrow, Hawkman and The Atom) because Martian Manhunter is one of the original JLer and should be part of the 7 for the first movie. Batman already has hi-tech gadgetry perfected, why even bring Cyborg? MM has better and more unique superpowers.

if you stopped following the Justice League in the 80s than your probably really out of touch with what's been going on, in the last 20 years with this team.

Frankly the reasons Cyborg's on the team quite frankly doesn't matter, at this point its just people projecting. Anyone DC decides can be on the team and frankly it doesn't matter.

The main reason we know Cyborg is on the team is because he is one of Geoff Johns favorite characters. And as other QB heads have mentioned he's a very modern hero for this technological age whose been on the team in 3 other incarnations.

As for MM outside of 3 powers he pretty much mirrors Superman. And I don't prescribe to the belief all teammates most be complete opposites. Good writers can make most super teams work.

esquire415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By esquire415

And your statement that MM mirrors pretty much most of Superman's powers is probably the main reason why the studio is adapting the New 52 storyline rather than the original. So it's a valid case against MM. His powers are also inconsistent and his source of powers coming from the Mars' rays is quite goofy. Perhaps he will then be introduced in the sequel but with more defined unique superpowers like shape-shifting, phasing, and psionic abilities, minus super-powers that replicate that of Superman's (or a weaker version when it comes to strength, invulnerability, and speed). He needs a reboot even before he can be introduced unlike Cyborg. So you make a great point.

So why does MM look so different while Superman is identical to humans when he's not even from our galaxy?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@esquire415: Superman's an alien but people and fans don't view him as an alien. It's just something that was decided to make him relate-able I guess. He's a white American male. Although he's an alien he's suppose to be this aspiring figure. Everything you would want to be or aspire to. I don't think Martian Manhunter was created with that in mind.

Hell look at Aquaman he lives under the sea, in salt water filled with particulates etc. But look at his skin it's flawless. He looks like a model. No gills etc. So despite his origin he looks totally good looking and attractive.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.