Follow

Bucky Barnes

Character » Bucky Barnes appears in 2103 issues.

Believed dead near the end of World War II only to have been found and brainwashed by the Soviets for the next 50 years, Captain America's former sidekick now continues to defend his country from the shadows against those who would threaten it as legendary spy and assassin, the Winter Soldier. He became the new Captain America to honor his friend Steve and he joined the Avengers. When Steve returned as Captain America, Bucky took on the identity of the Winter Soldier once again.

Bucky is not going to die.

• 58 results
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By slimj87d

@Dracade102 said:

Hydra's coming back? Cool!

Well Hydra has been around. They have had leadership problems. They were a big enemy in Iron Fist series not too long ago as well has hunting Deadpool etc.

I think Hydra is going to find a leader that is as dangerous as the Hydra of old is what the preview is leading to.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#52  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SlimJ87D said:

@TheCheeseStabber said:

So hows the whole him not being dead thing going..

Well these are previews of December:

Captain America #6:

• Hydra rises from the ashes!

What secret has Cap been keeping throughout Fear Itself?

• Alan Davis joins the all-star creative team!

Captain America and Bucky #625:

• The original Human Torch guest-stars as Captain America teams up with Bucky in the present day… for the first time?!

• Rising stars James Asmus and Francesco Francavilla join Eisner award winner Ed Brubaker for a rollicking adventure into the future of the star-spangled Avenger’s past!

• Brand new arc! Easy jumping on point!

Also previews from Captain America and Bucky #624 suggest that Bucky has been narrating to us his origin story. So I believe Bucky is definitely alive. More and more his death seems to either be faked or his heart started pumping again when no one else was around.

O___O

Hopefully we'll find something in the Fear Itself epilogue thing on what happened to Bucky,  but I still think Steve faked Bucky's death to show the public he was a true hero after all the Winter Soldier crap went downhill, plus if Steve is planning all of this I could see him giving Bucky the U.S.Agent identity seeing as Steve did take down that random U.S.Agent guy in Secret Avengers right before Fear Itself.
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By slimj87d

@War Killer: Don't forget that Brubaker tweeted somewhere down the line that as long as he is writing Bucky, he'll never become U.S. Agent.

I think he's just going to be Bucky, no super hero name. Hopefully his costume is very similar to how it was when he was Cap, but maybe he'll just take off the masking portion or something.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#54  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @SlimJ87D said:

@War Killer: Don't forget that Brubaker tweeted somewhere down the line that as long as he is writing Bucky, he'll never become U.S. Agent.

I think he's just going to be Bucky, no super hero name. Hopefully his costume is very similar to how it was when he was Cap, but maybe he'll just take off the masking portion or something.

How about Nomad?
    slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By slimj87d

@spiderbat87: That's possible... but I just don't like anything Nomad... I think Bucky doesn't need to inherit his next role.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @SlimJ87D said:

I really hope they don't just make him "Bucky", I like that as a nickname but in all honesty it's the crappiest superhero codename ever. Yeah, but even with Brubaker, I don't trust writers 100% when they tweet stuff or mention things at Comic-Con, Marvel said Cable wasn't coming back at SDCC and yet we find out like a month or two later he was coming back. Good writers or not, doesn't mean they still don't lie.

But what other name could they give him? Super-Patriot? I just don't want him going back to Winter Soldier again...

@spiderbat87 said:
    @SlimJ87D said:

How about Nomad?
    No, that doesn't really fit Bucky. Plus I liked Rikki Barnes as Nomad since it fit her character as she was a "Girl without a World" and it made sense.
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#57  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @War Killer said:
    @SlimJ87D said:

I really hope they don't just make him "Bucky", I like that as a nickname but in all honesty it's the crappiest superhero codename ever. Yeah, but even with Brubaker, I don't trust writers 100% when they tweet stuff or mention things at Comic-Con, Marvel said Cable wasn't coming back at SDCC and yet we find out like a month or two later he was coming back. Good writers or not, doesn't mean they still don't lie.

But what other name could they give him? Super-Patriot? I just don't want him going back to Winter Soldier again...

@spiderbat87 said:
    @SlimJ87D said:

How about Nomad?
    No, that doesn't really fit Bucky. Plus I liked Rikki Barnes as Nomad since it fit her character as she was a "Girl without a World" and it made sense.
    Well I thought that because he killed the original Nomad so he could use it in his honer also USA think him dead and Russia think him a criminal so he is a man without a country. I agree with not going back to the Winter Solider, do people not realise the winter part is a reference to the Soviet Union?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @spiderbat87 said:
    Well I thought that because he killed the original Nomad so he could use it in his honer also USA think him dead and Russia think him a criminal so he is a man without a country. I agree with not going back to the Winter Solider, do people not realise the winter part is a reference to the Soviet Union?
    True, and good point. But I personally hope they bring back Rikki Barnes, she was a great character and had potential given the chance but for whatever reason Marvel just dumped her like she was nothing; guess Marvel has something against people with the name "Barnes" <_<

Not only that, but people KNOW what he did as the Winter Soldier so it wouldn't make sense to use that name and try to act like a "good guy" because people would never buy that. The name is just to scared.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.