Follow

Black Panther

Character » Black Panther appears in 3363 issues.

T'Challa is the Black Panther, king of Wakanda, one of the most technologically advanced nations on Earth. He is among the top intellects and martial artists of the world, a veteran Avenger, and a member of the Illuminati. Using his powers and abilities, he has pledged his fortune, powers, and life to the service of all mankind.

T'Challa Black Panther Plus (spoilers)

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#201  Edited By dernman
    @Blood1991 said:

@Dernman said:

@Blood1991: Yeah I guess you're right. I don't know what to make of it either then.

I'm sure we are going to have alot of new AVX facts to read now. I just hope they try and make this make sense. So far I don't understand what is going on here...

What's bugging me is things like that Illuminati Avengers issue happened way back before Namor destroyed Wakanda and this fight along with the Hawkeye fight take place even before that.  
    Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By Umbraa

Yeah. I don't get why they put it this far off. smh...

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#203  Edited By Blood1991

@Umbraasaid:

Yeah. I don't get why they put it this far off. smh...

@Dernman

said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Dernman said:

@Blood1991: Yeah I guess you're right. I don't know what to make of it either then.

I'm sure we are going to have alot of new AVX facts to read now. I just hope they try and make this make sense. So far I don't understand what is going on here...

What's bugging me is things like that Illuminati Avengers issue happened way back before Namor destroyed Wakanda and this fight along with the Hawkeye fight take place even before that.

I am trying to make sense of all of this and my head is starting to hurt lol. Ok so his upgrade happened before all of this AVX stuff, then he and Storm had words on Utiopia and them he had a chat with the Illuminati, then He fought Storm, then they divorced and he is rebuilding.

Is that right?

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By dernman
    @Umbraa: The fight books should have been the easiest to do at least from the writers perspective.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By dernman
    @Blood1991: That sounds about right.
    Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#206  Edited By Mega_spidey01

those scans bp & storm looks awesome.

ekie0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By ekie0

@Buckshot said:

@Dernman said:

I was disappointed when they made it so the country was unaffected by the lose of Vibranium. They could have done many interesting stories on them trying to deal with that. I really hope they don't drop the ball on the Namor BP thing. They should have a long standing feud. Maybe a cool war. I don't think they will go that way for some reason. Maybe because 1 Wakanda was hurt bad and he wants to focus on that. 2 His calm political nature will blame the Phoenix 3 He will be focused on the bigger thing that is coming.

I had the exact opposite reaction to Wakanda not being affected by the loss of Vibranium. I'm glad it was clearly shown that the Wakandan people are not just some lucky idiots that found a special rock and are hopelessly lost without it. I would have been disappointed with anything less than that. Atlantis and Wakanda could have a feud, but I don't really think T'Challa is irrational and emotional enough to wage a war with a nation because Namor, drunk with power, did something stupid. Him hating Namor forever is perfectly reasonable, but sending his weakened people into a war with the nation below Utopia over what was mostly just Namor acting out seems silly to me.

But Shuri is ^_^

Mykhael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Mykhael

Question: Jonathon, I am looking forward to your take on AVENGERS and NEW AVENGERS. I'm not asking for spoilers but

This is from Hickman on Formspring

if you can include Black Panther (T'Challa), Monica Rambeau and (somehow) Union Jack I will here and now make a promise to buy 4 issues of #1! :P

Hickman: No promises.

If you were writing a series with Black Panther what would you do differently?

Hickman: What's this 'if' stuff?

After reading FF#607 for the first time in my life I wrote an e-mail to Marvel thanking you and everyone else involved the FF and talking about how hard it was being a BP fan. What made you want to write BP? How did you feel his relationship with Storm?

Hickman: Marriage is over, so best to put that in the rear view. More cool BP stuff being announced soon.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By dernman
    @Mykhael said:

Hickman: What's this 'if' stuff?

Hickman: Marriage is over, so best to put that in the rear view. More cool BP stuff being announced soon.

Sounds like a new BP series to me.
    Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Sling Shot

All this BP hubub is exciting. Fellow viners, help a brotha out. I been out the loop.

1) Are shadow physics (enigmatic as they are) slated to be a cornerstone of the 'new' BP?

2)what does PIS mean?

3)What level of power (class what?) do you theorize is necessary to schluff of a pheonix force Namor blast?

thanx good buddies.

P.S. If Umbra or Buckshot could add their 2 cents it would be appreciated. (no diss to everyone else)

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By krauser99

@Dernman said:

So in the latest issue of Fantastic Four Black Panther gives up a chance to be the King of Wakanda and it's Black Panther. Instead he becomes the king of Necropolis and it's Black Panther. He then gains all the strength and knowledge of the past kings. He is also now bonded to Reed Richards and their fates are intertwined till death and beyond. So how strong is BP now? Is he just back to normal BP levels or does he really have the strength of all the Black Panthers? How strong would all the BPs even make him. Certainly it should be way above peak human levels and into the superhuman range. If that is true that would take some getting used to. Doesn't this now kinda make him one of the rulers of a death realm. Like Pluto and his Elysion Fields even if it's on a much smaller scale. He's kinda closer to being a god then his wife is. :p (Calm down storm fans I'm only joking). I also wonder what this connection that BP and Reed now have. Heh It almost sounded like they got married. :p

I might be remembering wrong but I think he got the skills and experiences of the past BP. Not there physical strength or speed.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@krauser99 said:

@Dernman said:

So in the latest issue of Fantastic Four Black Panther gives up a chance to be the King of Wakanda and it's Black Panther. Instead he becomes the king of Necropolis and it's Black Panther. He then gains all the strength and knowledge of the past kings. He is also now bonded to Reed Richards and their fates are intertwined till death and beyond. So how strong is BP now? Is he just back to normal BP levels or does he really have the strength of all the Black Panthers? How strong would all the BPs even make him. Certainly it should be way above peak human levels and into the superhuman range. If that is true that would take some getting used to. Doesn't this now kinda make him one of the rulers of a death realm. Like Pluto and his Elysion Fields even if it's on a much smaller scale. He's kinda closer to being a god then his wife is. :p (Calm down storm fans I'm only joking). I also wonder what this connection that BP and Reed now have. Heh It almost sounded like they got married. :p

I might be remembering wrong but I think he got the skills and experiences of the past BP. Not there physical strength or speed.

That's what I'm thinking as well. But, I'll have to wait a bit before I either concede, or start telling people that I was right in saying that he doesn't suddenly have the strength of every male and female panther combined/stacked

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By krauser99

Yeah I'm just going off of memory as well. But I also remember seeing scans of BP during, the BP man without fear. He lost his herb/Panther spirit power but he then found another source for his power and was back to peak human levels. I could be wrong though because of the time frame. But here's the interesting part BP states he is at a higher peak human level then the individual that he is fighting who is also peak human and he dead stops his punch very easily.(So I'm guessing he is at the max peak of human potential like Steve...maybe.) Hopefully he'll get his herb/panther spirit back though, which was also around the peak potential level. Which is pretty much super human in its own right. Unless the Necro panther one is different.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@krauser99 said:

Yeah I'm just going off of memory as well. But I also remember seeing scans of BP during, the BP man without fear. He lost his herb/Panther spirit power but he then found another source for his power and was back to peak human levels. I could be wrong though because of the time frame. But here's the interesting part BP states he is at a higher peak human level then the individual that he is fighting who is also peak human and he dead stops his punch very easily.(So I'm guessing he is at the max peak of human potential like Steve...maybe.) Hopefully he got his herb/panther spirit back though, which was also around the peak potential level. Which is pretty much super human in its own right.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Yeah, he enhanced himself with magic. I'm really looking forward to seeing how his new powers work though....I can't wait to hear about more of the Panthers.

krauser99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By krauser99

Ahh so that peak of human level was enhancement by magic. I wonder why they didn't just stay with that one? Oh well this one sounds more like the classic Panther one anyways. Accept with the new add on to it of course.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Umbraa

Slingshot, 1) Hickman was vague about it actually, stated he wondered why Panther fans hated Doomwar yet seem obsessed with shadow physics. Just a note, after NA#1 I don't think shadow physics matters. T'challa is a beast...physically and tech-wise. I'm sure Static will be happy for rumbles stuff. 2) plot induced stupidity.3) not sure, but he's clearly not base-line T'challa.

Umbraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Umbraa

@kruser T'challa is "High" peak human without the HSH as shown during Liss run and when he best his uncle for Bzp title. With the HSH he's conserved above-peak human (his speed and agility being slightly better then peak perfect Cap, with below cap strength) and Doomwar he was enhanced human across the board. Now he's superhuman.

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By RenaissanceMan

@Dernman said:

How about a sightly altered look for BP then?

I really like the purple accents he has in the Avengers cartoon, so I think incorporating some of that look would be cool. I'm not sure about a more drastic change, maybe some skulls since he is the king of the dead. Maybe make a skull the casp of his cape "if he will have one".

No Caption Provided

I say go with the loin cloth with a mini skull holding it up. Kinda like this

RenaissanceMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All this BP hubub is exciting. Fellow viners, help a brotha out. I been out the loop.

1) Are shadow physics (enigmatic as they are) slated to be a cornerstone of the 'new' BP?

2)what does PIS mean?

3)What level of power (class what?) do you theorize is necessary to schluff of a pheonix force Namor blast?

thanx good buddies.

P.S. If Umbra or Buckshot could add their 2 cents it would be appreciated. (no diss to everyone else)

I forgot all about shadow physics. I hope so.

D3X_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By D3X_

@umbraa:since he plans on going toe to toe with namor he's definitely going to need that fucking upgrade. I for one am happy with this, all his peers e.g thor, namor, doom, blackbolt have all had massive upgrades since being created why should'nt black panther get any. This guy should not be street lvl he is part of the fucking illuminati and faces otherwordly threats and you want him to stay a peak human level. And most of the writers that handle black panther its like hate him cause he gets stomped on. Lets see what happens now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.