Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23660 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Would you like Batman 3 to look like this???

special guest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By special guest

Should Batman look more of a Dark Knight?

No Caption Provided
    Marvel gave Iron Man a new Bleeding Edge Armor:  
    No Caption Provided
    SpikeSpiegel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SpikeSpiegel

He looks scary...

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Cherry Bomb

meh, I dislike that Batman costume.  Stick to the original. [:

Yaujtapool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Yaujtapool

Thats Jason Todds costume when he was Batman, i highly doubt they will give bruce wayne a costume like that in the third installation .

special guest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By special guest

Technology in the real world is moving at a break-neck pace. EVENTUALLY, the current Batman is going to have to be updated accordingly. Batman, with the delightful exception of Grant Morrison’s Batman, already feels dated and sort of an anachronism. Batman Beyond is an EXCELLENT CONCEPT for Batman 4 and should already be brought into the Batman mythos proper - at least the look and the technologies of Batman Beyond should begin to enter the storylines.

Batman, conceptually, is competing with Iron Man. You have to update Batman in such a way that it remains appealing to the audience. Batman as Batman Beyond brilliantly maintains the Science Fiction feel of the Batman mythos for the Future.     

No Caption Provided
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @special guest:  I love Batman Beyond. ^_^
    But I think Bruce Wayne belongs with his original costume, making him more like Iron Man just isn't his style, having high-tech gadgets and not making his whole costume a robot is his style.  The Batman Beyond suits Terry the best.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Cherry Bomb:
    yeah, and that image of him is the Jason Todd Batman, not the Bruce version 
    I prefer closer to the original for the films 
    at least for now
    Avatar image for themarvelfanboy
    TheMarvelFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheMarvelFanboy

Not really

Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fireheart10

I think they should stick with the one they have already. It would be nice to see the Batman Beyond suit but I think it would take some of the film's realism away.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NightFang3
    @special guest said:

Technology in the real world is moving at a break-neck pace. EVENTUALLY, the current Batman is going to have to be updated accordingly. Batman, with the delightful exception of Grant Morrison’s Batman, already feels dated and sort of an anachronism. Batman Beyond is an EXCELLENT CONCEPT for Batman 4 and should already be brought into the Batman mythos proper - at least the look and the technologies of Batman Beyond should begin to enter the storylines.

Batman, conceptually, is competing with Iron Man. You have to update Batman in such a way that it remains appealing to the audience. Batman as Batman Beyond brilliantly maintains the Science Fiction feel of the Batman mythos for the Future.     

No Caption Provided
    "
                 I could see something like this in the 3rd or 4th Batman.
    Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Shadowdoggy
    @Fireheart10:
    I could see a Nolan-esqu Batman Beyond movie 
    and being in the not too distant future is a great way to not need to hold on to ALL the realism
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @special guest said:

"  Technology in the real world is moving at a break-neck pace. EVENTUALLY, the current Batman is going to have to be updated accordingly. Batman, with the delightful exception of Grant Morrison’s Batman, already feels dated and sort of an anachronism. Batman Beyond is an EXCELLENT CONCEPT for Batman 4 and should already be brought into the Batman mythos proper - at least the look and the technologies of Batman Beyond should begin to enter the storylines.

No Caption Provided
    "
    I do wish they would do a movie for Terry one day, or at least a new Animated movie.

But I think they should just stick with the armored Batman suit they use in the movies already.

Like this, just with some new upgrades like they've been doing in the movies.
    Like this, just with some new upgrades like they've been doing in the movies.
    Fireheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fireheart10
    @Shadowdoggy said:
    " @Fireheart10: I could see a Nolan-esqu Batman Beyond movie and being in the not too distant future is a great way to not need to hold on to ALL the realism "
    I agree. I would like to see this film.
    gambit987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By gambit987

no just his normal suit
    batman was never really about the gadgets bout about the mind (fear, insanity, ...)

bllybtsn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bllybtsn

Even if they did want to give Batman a bunch of flashy new gizmos for the next film, I don't think there would be any need to make any drastic changes to the Batsuit, at least aesthetically. That being said I do love the look of both Jason Todd's and Terry McGinnis' Batsuits.

Soloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Soloman

Batman has never really been about the suit or the gadgets. He's more about battles of the mind and detective work than huge spectacles of technological firepower. Comparing Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne is ridiculous, because they're two completely different kinds of characters. Tony Stark is the playboy Bruce pretends to be. Without the suit Tony would be relatively useless, whereas Bruce is a survivalist and doesn't need suits or gadgets to be successful. 

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @special guest said:
    " @SpikeSpiegel said:

" He looks scary... "

@Cherry Bomb said:

" @special guest:  I love Batman Beyond. ^_^ But I think Bruce Wayne belongs with his original costume, making him more like Iron Man just isn't his style, having high-tech gadgets and not making his whole costume a robot is his style.  The Batman Beyond suits Terry the best. "

@gambit987  said: 

" no just his normal suit batman was never really about the gadgets bout about the mind (fear, insanity, ...) "

@Soloman  said: 

" Batman has never really been about the suit or the gadgets. He's more about battles of the mind and detective work than huge spectacles of technological firepower. Comparing Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne is ridiculous, because they're two completely different kinds of characters. Tony Stark is the playboy Bruce pretends to be. Without the suit Tony would be relatively useless, whereas Bruce is a survivalist and doesn't need suits or gadgets to be successful.  "

He is a detective, dont detectives have the latest and bestest gadgets to carry out their investigation? At the same time he is Batman, so shouldn't his costume make you more familiar that he resembles one "
    Detectives have gadgets ... spies and secret agents have the 'latest and best' gadgets .. .well, like the ones you were  talking about anyway. The original costume shows that he doesn't need energy blasts or flying boots like Iron Man ... he can still kick ass and save the streets of Gotham as a normal, human.
    Soloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Soloman
    @special guest: His costume already resembles a bat. It's not a spitting image of a bat, per say, but when it glides down into an alley backed by the moon it resembles it pretty damn close.
    special guest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By special guest

Batman 4 when Batman stops borrowing boots off a farmer

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for captaincockblock
    CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Ah, the good ol' Jason Todd cheesegraterface costume. Those were the days.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They use a Black Arkham Asylum Suit or the TDK one. 

rlmay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By rlmay3

The Todd Batman reminds me of Shredder.

@Soloman:

Tony would technically just be dead without the suit, haha.

Soloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Soloman
    @rlmay3: Pretty much. Batman's had the same basic suit since forever. He don't need no stinkin' gadgets!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.