Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Why americans loves Batman?

TedescoPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello gays.

I must write a article to University exercises which subject is: "Why americans loves Batman?"

so please write my a qyestions why do you loves Batman?

Thanks for responds

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hello "gays"? I am assuming this was a typo. lol...

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because he's patriotic!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

He will do anything it takes to right the wrongs in the world regardless of the toll it takes on his body, mind and spirit. He is very badass, but also very vulnerable, notably physically but also emotionally. Because he is just one man against many he has to use all his mental and physical resources for what he believes in, at a great cost to his own life. He is a believable and a very flawed person. Also he has a great rogues gallery and stories.

Something like that.

No Caption Provided

Hello "gays"? I am assuming this was a typo. lol...

I wonder.

No Caption Provided

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedescopl: Not only do we like him, but we also worship him as the one, true BatGod, lord of impossible feats. But seriously, I like Batman because of the quality stories that I've read involving him. Not a very exciting answer, but that's it. By the way, I'm assuming you're not American, based on your phrasing, so where are you from? Just curious.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

-The dark image, awesome gadgets and weapons cool suit, and playboy alter ego has a badass level of over 9000

-He has no superheroes but still manages to kick loads of ass

-The vast amount of excellent Comics, Movies, TV Shows, and Video games

-This picture....

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphu8414 said:

-The dark image, awesome gadgets and weapons cool suit, and playboy alter ego has a badass level of over 9000

-This picture....

No Caption Provided

That picture!? Of all the pictures...you pick that one!? :P

No Caption Provided

LOL

Avatar image for drmantistoboggan
    DrMantisToboggan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DrMantisToboggan

listen to fatman on batman, a couple hours of kevin smiths batman love and youll have all your answers.

spoilers- he sheds tears of joy several times

Alexander505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the world loves Batman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JakeN7
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phantom1527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Honestly, I think Superman was the more popular character before the late 80's. Following "The Dark Knight Returns" Batman has just produced better stories which lead to better comic books, tv shows, movies and video games. And he's not as corny as most superheroes

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I stopped reading OP's post after the first sentense

TedescoPL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TedescoPL

Thanks for yours answers. It's a lot informations for me and my article.

@maddpanda531 I'm from Poland.

and yes ... at the first post i made a typo. sorry ;)

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Everyone loves Batman.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I live in Texas and I can assure you Mexicans love Batman just as much as Americans, so I think his appeal is universal.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Hello gays.

Oh,shuuut uuup.....(call me!)

'Merica loves Batman,cuz he's BATMAN!!!
    ANd the WORLD loves Batman cause he's BATMAN.

Here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

It's not just Americans.

Avatar image for ramiaquizzlinger
    RamiaQuizzlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um, everyone loves Batman. Seriously, BTAS didn't even have a title listed because they figured "hey, he's Batman, just show the picture and everyone will KNOW."

As far as Americans specifically, though, I'd have to say that he pretty much lives the dream. He's got money, prestige, and all the rest, and all he says is "how can I do more?"

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By I3IO_HAZARD

Why is the title only exclusive to 'muricans? the rest of the world loves batman just as much!

seriously everybody loves batman, if you don't like batman, you are simply just wrong

Homer_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Homer_X
    Hawq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hawq

There are several reasons as to why people love Batman. As far as comics, he's a rather realistic character compared to many other comic characters. He's an average man with resources, and becomes Batman through motiviation and inspiration. He makes the leap between us and superheroes much less drastic. His dark past also allows us to connect with him even more. Seeing him overcome his unfortunate fate gives us inspiration to do the same with ours. Not only that, but as humans, we tend not to want to let the past go. We can look at Batman and see how he didn't just disregard his past, but let it shape him into (what we see as) a better man. His dark character also allows people to empathize with him more. People love being emotionally impacted and seeing the psychological efforts a character has to make. It connects them to that character and brings the events to life for them. He's the type of man that every guy wants to be, and what women love in a man, as cliché as it is. Highly intelligent, physically impeccable, fearless, successful, driven. We emphasize on those traits by overlooking the negative ones, such as his questionable sanity, because superheroes stand as inspirational figures, and we want for them to be nothing less.

As for Americans specifically, we tend to really accentuate on things like wealth and success. Batman, or rather, Bruce, has achieved both of which. He's the owner of a billion dollar company with access to loads of badass gadgets, beautiful women, and just about anything else you could want. Bruce Wayne symbolizes the American dream. The US also emphasizes on heroes. Our military troops, fire fighters, police officers, etc. are all people we are reminded to respect and appreciate daily. That's where Batman comes in. He manages to be both a celebrity (celebrity as in Kim Kardashian or someone of that sort) as Bruce Wayne, and a hero as Batman, which are the two most aspired goals Americans hope to fulfill.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am not an American, but like Batman because of the whole Gotham, Dark Knight, bats and gadgets mythos. He doesn't have powers, but tackles anybody.....Batman has been a part of my life since I first remember watching Saturday TV, so about 38 years or so and I cant imagine a time when I don't enjoy reading a Batman comic or watching a Batman film.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cloakx14

@hawq said:

There are several reasons as to why people love Batman. As far as comics, he's a rather realistic character compared to many other comic characters. He's an average man with resources, and becomes Batman through motiviation and inspiration. He makes the leap between us and superheroes much less drastic. His dark past also allows us to connect with him even more. Seeing him overcome his unfortunate fate gives us inspiration to do the same with ours. Not only that, but as humans, we tend not to want to let the past go. We can look at Batman and see how he didn't just disregard his past, but let it shape him into (what we see as) a better man. His dark character also allows people to empathize with him more. People love being emotionally impacted and seeing the psychological efforts a character has to make. It connects them to that character and brings the events to life for them. He's the type of man that every guy wants to be, and what woman love in a man, as cliché as it is. Highly intelligent, physically impeccable, fearless, successful, driven. We emphasize on those traits by overlooking the negative ones, such as his questionable sanity, because superheroes stand as inspirational figures, and we want for them to be nothing less.

As for Americans specifically, we tend to really accentuate on things like wealth and success. Batman, or rather, Bruce, has achieved both of which. He's the owner of a billion dollar company with access to loads of badass gadgets, beautiful women, and just about anything else you could want. Bruce Wayne symbolizes the American dream. The US also emphasizes on heroes. Our military troops, fire fighters, police officers, etc. are all people we are reminded to respect and appreciate daily. That's where Batman comes in. He manages to be both a celebrity (celebrity as in Kim Kardashian or someone of that sort) as Bruce Wayne, and a hero as Batman, which are the two most aspired goals Americans hope to fulfill.

Dud317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people are misinterpreting the question. Some are thinking he's inferring that only Americans love Batman, and others are replying with the same reasons that a person from any country can love Batman. All great answers, but not answering the question.

Batman became a part of American culture for many of the reasons mentioned above, but it began as a co-patriot to Superman. In the beginning, Superman fought real world threats such as Nazis and the KKK. He even wore our flags colors. Batman was created because of Superman's success and because of his differences, people grew fond of him. While Superman is a superhero, Batman is somebody that people could actually be. They identified with him as he overcame the struggle of losing his parents. At this time in the story, he becomes more than just part of American culture. I think the the better question would be, why has he maintained favor for 75 years and how has the American export of comics grown in other countries? Much of the rest of the world discovered Batman just like the rest of us, as kids, only to discover there's much more to the story.

Americans love Batman for the same reasons everyone else loves Batman. But it's because of Americans, now everyone can love Batman.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman sucks! :O

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I'm convinced this is a troll thread that nobody got lol

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Same, the fact that he never edited gays to guys pretty much proves it was an intention add in that "u" and "a" are pretty far apart on the keyboard, plus the bonus of nationality to the discussion.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Honestly, I think Superman was the more popular character before the late 80's. Following "The Dark Knight Returns" Batman has just produced better stories which lead to better comic books, tv shows, movies and video games. And he's not as corny as most superheroes

Actually this is probably the best answer! Superman has become perhaps less relevant these days and his boy scout image is at odds with a public who prefer gritty realism rather than a mega powered character who can only really be hurt by kryptonite!.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SilverPool

Why can'ts you type a sentences properly?

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DarthAznable

@jphu8414 said:

-This picture....

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Because this show

Loading Video...

This movie

And the game with the Batman Forever game were excellent. :P

z3n_spyder616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tedescopl said:

Hello gays.

Oh,shuuut uuup.....(call me!)

'Merica loves Batman,cuz he's BATMAN!!!

ANd the WORLD loves Batman cause he's BATMAN.

Here.

THIS >:D

Jokerpoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#33  Edited By Jokerpoker

Americans aren't the only ones who like Batman.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cameron83

Hello gays.

I must write a article to University exercises which subject is: "Why americans loves Batman?"

so please write my a qyestions why do you loves Batman?

Thanks for responds

I'm assuming the same reason why most of the world does?

It's not only Americans that love him....

russellmania77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By russellmania77

Because hes the goddam BATMAN

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.