Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

My perfect Red Hood Nite of Owls tie-in Fantasy

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By kidchipotle

So, as we've all heard, most of the Batfamily will be included in the Nite of Owl's story arc. One of the most exciting tie-in's is Jason Todd. According to sources, Red Hood comes to Gotham after answering Bruce's distress call. We're all wondering HOW or WHY this happens. What is Jason's roll in this (other than joining in the fight)? We all hoped to see a Tim/Jason interaction but we won't be getting that. So I was thinking about how Jason could make a kick-ass appearance in this tie-in. Hear me out on this and tell me what you think: Say Batman and Talon part ways for a bit and Batman has to go searching for him again. But on the way he gets interrupted by other Owl members. Batman is fighting them but he's too weak and tired to beat them and then search for Talon afterwards. Now image this, WHAT IF Jason Todd springs down from, say, the ceiling, or a wall, and saves Batman's life? Bruce is then shocked at who saved him and Jason says something like "No one tries to kill my dad." or "You owe me one, dad." Something that would really make not only the reader go "HOLY SH*T" but also Bruce. Jason would then continue to fight the members of court of owls (possibly alongside the Outlaws) while Batman leaves to fight Talon.

This probably is no where near what ACTUALLY would happen but I think it would be really pivotal moment in the Jason-Bruce relationship. I know Lobdell doesn't really plan on dwelling in to the Jason-Bruce situation, but I thought this would be a really cool thing to do. What do you guys think? And what do you HOPE or WANT to see happen in the tie-in? This question could go for any of the Batmembers!

Slaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Slaze

I think it'd be way too cheesy for my liking for Jason to call Bats his dad. I think that whatever reason Jason decides to help Batman for it probably has some kind of benefit for him, unless something happened in the DCnU that we didn't know about..

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By GamerGeek360

To be honest, I really don't care if Red Hood is tied in to this or not. Don't get me wrong, I love Jason, but I think it says more that he wouldn't get roped into Bats' issues than if he would always show up. He doesn't want to be related to Batman, that's obvious. I get that there are times he'll get dragged in, but him constantly showing up would just seem off-putting. Still, I can't wait to read this story arc since I'm picking up every "Bat title" except for Nightwing.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@GamerGeek360: I wouldn't say that he "doesn't want to be related to Batman". He does wear a big red bat on his armor nowadays. Personally I do not want to see Jason in the bat titles as a non threat ever. His actions make perfect sense for his character, but they conflict with Batman on an ideological level.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By WildValentine

@GamerGeek360: Not to sound crass, but he's wearing a giant bat symbol on his chest, remember?

I actually had NO idea Jason was going to be involved in the Night of Owls arc. That has seriously increased my interest (which is a major achievement considering how in love I am with it already). I couldn't care less for a Nightwing/Batman team-up, it isn't like that is something new. But Jason and Tim are so used to working on their own now that it would be great to see them come together under the wing of the man who brought them up once more.

GamerGeek360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By GamerGeek360

@WildValentine: @r3d_rob1n: Ok, I guess "not related to him" was the wrong way of putting it. I guess I should say, he doesn't want to be seen as a sidekick to him. He wants to be different from Bats and not seen as another Batman. I mean, he's not afraid of killing, how can he be Batman?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

One of the reactions readers have yet to see in the New 52 is Bruce's attitude toward Jason and his chosen lifestyle after being brought back to life. How much, if any, interaction will Jason have with Batman during the course of "Night of the Owls?"

There is zero interaction between the two. There was going to be a one-page cameo where Jason dropped a defeated Talon onto the floor of the Batcave in front of Batman and says, "Don't say I've never done anything for you," but it got edited out because it didn't fit into the Batman story. 

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Imagine_Man15

I don't think Jason will be involved solely for the sake of helping Batman out. I strongly suspect he'll have something to gain in all this. Jason has far too much pride to help Bruce without his own beneficial reasons for doing so.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By r3d_rob1n

@GamerGeek360: He may not want to be Batman, but he certainly respects him.

But Morpheus, I could definitely see Jason helping Batman without being asked. His fight against Tim in TT and the whole arc of Under the Hood shows that despite what he says, he wants Bruce's approval. Hell, even him taking over as the Bat when Bruce is dead shows that he believes that he should be considered a legitimate threat to the Bat legacy.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.