Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23660 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman TV Idea

luther22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How about a Batman show where every season is a different year?

In the first season Batman is just starting out. In the second season Robin joins him ect.

Why:

Stories could be told that normally couldn't (in a live action format).

Time can be focused on lesser known people.

Non-comic readers would be familiarized with Batman lore.

If the Walking Dead can last till 2022 why can't Batman.

Well, let me know if you think it's a cool idea.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@luther22: it exists. it's called batman the animated series. and it is perfect.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3 JediXMan  Moderator

I've considered a Batman live action series. My idea was essentially to be limited to 2 or 3 seasons max. Every episode is about Bruce traveling the world and meeting masters, including Ra's al Ghul and Talia. Others characters might include Shiva and the like. Last season is set in "real time," like Batman: Year One.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think we should bring back Adam West.

Avatar image for mrdecepticonleader
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Walking Dead will last that long? Cool

Its an interesting idea I suppose.

@jedixman said:

I've considered a Batman live action series. My idea was essentially to be limited to 2 or 3 seasons max. Every episode is about Bruce traveling the world and meeting masters, including Ra's al Ghul and Talia. Others characters might include Shiva and the like. Last season is set in "real time," like Batman: Year One.

Now that is a good idea. So how many episodes would in each season? And will the whole of the final season be set in real time?

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

Now that is a good idea. So how many episodes would in each season? And will the whole of the final season be set in real time?

I typically think of a 10-13 episode season, hour each. I don't really want CW to do it; while I do enjoy Arrow, it... there's something about the tone of CW shows that irritates me.

Maybe "real time" is a poor choice of words. It would be in the span of one year; maybe not the same story as Batman: Year One, but it focus on Bruce reestablishing connections in Gotham. It wouldn't talk about the tech, because with my idea, all the tech would be discussed - but not seen - at the end of the previous season. It would basically be establishing Gordan, bringing him up to one of the main characters in the series. The show would now be split: Batman, Gordan, and the big villain of the last season - I don't know who it should be, but it should not be Joker or another big threat like him. It's about establishing his rise to Batman, and Batman should not face the Joker that early.

If it's "real time," maybe each episode can be a month of the year.

Also, I really hope the Walking Dead doesn't last that long. I like the Walking Dead, and it would get real old, real fast, long before 2022.

mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

@mrdecepticonleader said:
    @jedixman said:

I typically think of a 10-13 episode season, hour each. I don't really want CW to do it; while I do enjoy Arrow, it... there's something about the tone of CW shows that irritates me.

Maybe "real time" is a poor choice of words. It would be in the span of one year; maybe not the same story as Batman: Year One, but it focus on Bruce reestablishing connections in Gotham. It wouldn't talk about the tech, because with my idea, all the tech would be discussed - but not seen - at the end of the previous season. It would basically be establishing Gordan, bringing him up to one of the main characters in the series. The show would now be split: Batman, Gordan, and the big villain of the last season - I don't know who it should be, but it should not be Joker or another big threat like him. It's about establishing his rise to Batman, and Batman should not face the Joker that early.

If it's "real time," maybe each episode can be a month of the year.

Also, I really hope the Walking Dead doesn't last that long. I like the Walking Dead, and it would get real old, real fast, long before 2022.

Interesting idea. Now go make the show for us all to enjoy :D

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator
    mrdecepticonleader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For a tv show, I prefer a young Bruce Wayne tv show so it gives background information for the Batman movies.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
    ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

I would like a show that stars Nolan Batman set between The Dark knight and Batman Begins.

colonyofcells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would love to see a Gotham Central tv show where the police fight the Batman villains and Batman helps the police a little bit.

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/batman/4005-1699/forums/guys-we-missed-something-epic-1459196/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.