Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

batman graphic novels or arcs as movies

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skewer

The books I would like to see adapted as DC animated movies are the long halloween, dark victory,a lonely place of dying, the killing joke, the man who laughs, cataclysm, no man's land(in a few parts with a few things left out since it's the only way it would work), Prey, Knightfall(also in a few parts with a few changes) and many more.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Durakken

The problem with this has always been how to get the audience up to date with that particular canon. I would love to see a live action "Under the Hood" or "No Man's Land" but to do it would require an explanation of Dick becoming Nightwing, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon becoming paralyzed and becoming Oracle, who Leslie Thompkins is, who Killer Croc is, Gordon's relationship for NML and for Under the Hood...most of the above plus who Jason Todd is, how he died, how he came back to life, what Zero Hour is, How GL went nuts, who the Guardians are, etc... and if you don't have to explain all that you are likely cutting out a lot or not doing a good job.

Is that a good thing? Sure... if you're actually going to answer those questions before or after those movies with other movies.

Oh and this is pretty much why I try to read from the beginning of things... I'm currently trying to read all of the Ultimate Marvel series... and before that I was going to read all of superman, but the writing is just so awful in the early 90s that i had to stop that, but before that I read roughly 4500 issues just to get up to date with Batman

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Skewer

@Durakken said:

The problem with this has always been how to get the audience up to date with that particular canon. I would love to see a live action "Under the Hood" or "No Man's Land" but to do it would require an explanation of Dick becoming Nightwing, Tim Drake, Barbara Gordon becoming paralyzed and becoming Oracle, who Leslie Thompkins is, who Killer Croc is, Gordon's relationship for NML and for Under the Hood...most of the above plus who Jason Todd is, how he died, how he came back to life, what Zero Hour is, How GL went nuts, who the Guardians are, etc... and if you don't have to explain all that you are likely cutting out a lot or not doing a good job.

Is that a good thing? Sure... if you're actually going to answer those questions before or after those movies with other movies.

Oh and this is pretty much why I try to read from the beginning of things... I'm currently trying to read all of the Ultimate Marvel series... and before that I was going to read all of superman, but the writing is just so awful in the early 90s that i had to stop that, but before that I read roughly 4500 issues just to get up to date with Batman

That's why I chose those books. You're getting a story plus an origin for some of these characters. Plus some things need to be changed because They don't work well on paper either and drags the story down.

Durakken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 200

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Durakken

@Skewer said:

That's why I chose those books. You're getting a story plus an origin for some of these characters. Plus some things need to be changed because They don't work well on paper either and drags the story down.

I posted a while ago something like a 14 year plan to get movies up to date with Modern DCU (Pre-flashpoint.. DCnU doesn't count in my book lol)

There are a few things you need to do with that and that is planning how to release movies. You can really only do 2 or 3 a year if you do all action which is what most people will expect when you talk super hero comics. If I had my way I'd be release a ton of comics based movies every year because they generally focus on multiple genres that if you can break the idea that action movies can only come out at x time or that all Superhero movies must be action... you'd be able to release quite a few every year...

I personally would put Batman movies out more in the Winter as that is when movies that are bait for certain awards come out and Batman titles have that caliber when you minimize, or make the action what it would be as shown in the comics for the most part. Likewise I'd almost never sell Superman as action, but as Rom-Com or Adventures more so. Same with Flash.

Really of the big 7, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter I'd really only make Green Lantern and Wonder Woman more action oriented and come out during the summer. Of course if you are trying to sell a JL movie and keep it in line with say post-Flashpoint stuff I'dd do something like...

Superman - Action Comics 0 - 8 + the back up issues that were in there. January/Febuary

Green Lantern Reboot - Summer Action movie

Flash - Mid Summer Comedy movie

Wonder Woman - Late Summer Action movie

Batman Reboot - Winter, somewhat a year one tale with aspects of Tec 0 and Batman 0 woven in.

Go silent til about june...

Teaser Trailer - Back up story from Batman 0 where we see 5years ago, play the 4 scenarios out just like in the comic.

Teaser Trailer - Have Hal and Flash work together to stop a crime (reference from JL)

Alternate Reality Game - Daily Bugle article with Superman Logo... who is Superman?

Sound clips of pilots reporting a radar signal that's coming from somewhere but they can't make visual contact.

ARG - Fact or Fiction Article discussing "Amazon challenging our beliefs...what's next Atlantis?"

Early July - Justice League 1-6

for the rest of the year you let people stew in that.

Late December Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon get introduced via their origin stories mixed together.

the following year you have to build up side kicks...who ever are in the outsiders or titans or whatever they are called. Firestar is an easy movie ^.^

The year after that you do 1 movie again... Teen Titans...or Outsiders.. or whatever they are calling them.

It's pretty simple really ^.^

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FatihBATMAN

Wow...really elaborate plan there buddy, that is cool man, respect! :)

@Skewer said:

long halloween, Prey,

There is kind of a follow up to the Prey arc its called Terror...its also pretty cool! Venom arc is also pretty adaptable, or Gothic

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skewer

@FatihBATMAN said:

Wow...really elaborate plan there buddy, that is cool man, respect! :)

@Skewer said:

long halloween, Prey,

There is kind of a follow up to the Prey arc its called Terror...its also pretty cool! Venom arc is also pretty adaptable, or Gothic

Thanks and your sugestions sound pretty awsome too!

FatihBATMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FatihBATMAN

thanks! :D an arc I like also is "Sleeping" legends of the dark knight...read it! :D

Skewer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Skewer

@FatihBATMAN said:

thanks! :D an arc I like also is "Sleeping" legends of the dark knight...read it! :D

Thanks I'll be sure to check it out!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.