Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23658 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Batman and Robin - Questions

morganbell97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was thinking out of Dick, Jason, Tim and Damien - Which does batman favour?

Granted Damien is his son but I've always wondered.

Also which is the best Robin, not only in a fight but which worked best with batman?

Thank you - this will help me a lot

tcrighton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As far as who Bruce prefers I would say Damian. This is evidenced in the The Hunt for Robin story arc where Batman goes to extreme lengths to revive his dead son; he goes as far as traveling to Apokolips and donning the Hell-bat suit in order to retrieve the Chaos Crystal he needed. So, in short-he prefers Damian, but this isn't to say he doesn't like the others, I just believe their dynamics to be different. As far as who worked best with Batman, I would say pre-new 52 Tim Drake. He is the most cerebral of the Robins and matched, or closely matched Batman in the detective work of crime fighting. Pre-new 52, he worked well with Dick until he decided to strike out on his own; he worked okay with Jason until his death- I view this Robin as a trial and error for what the dynamic duo should be; lastly, Damian pre-new he is a brat, an awful Robin who barely works with Bruce as Batman and operates the same when Dick becomes Batman. Just my two sense, let me know what you think.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he usually favours the one who is Robin about his old partners (so Damian at the moment).

Also which is the best Robin, not only in a fight but which worked best with batman?

This is hard to answer, especially in the new 52 since there is (apart from the Origin storys and flashbacks) afaik only one comic with Dick as Robin and non with Jason or Tim.

And even in the Pre New 52 you have the problem that Dick stopped beeing Batmans Partner in the late 60s, in the newer flash back storys are usually set at the beginning or the end of his time as Robin, so it is hard to say how they worked together at the peak of his career, with Jason you have a similar problem since he was killed a few issues after his origin was retconned (it would probaly easier to say something about the pre crisis Jason who had more appearances and a more consistent writing). And Damian was only Dicks partner and not Bruces. That leaves only Tim, and actually he and Bruce were (for many Different reasons) not working together for a huge part of his time as Robin and there are only a few issues before Knightfall were you see them work as a classical Batman and Robin team.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.