Follow

Batman

Character » Batman appears in 23651 issues.

Bruce Wayne, who witnessed the murder of his billionaire parents as a child, swore to avenge their deaths. He trained extensively to achieve mental and physical perfection, mastering martial arts, detective skills, and criminal psychology. Costumed as a bat to prey on the fears of criminals, and utilizing a high-tech arsenal, he became the legendary Batman.

Awesome Toy Picks: DC Comics Greg Capullo Designer Series Action Figures

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at some comic book collectibles. That means taking it out of the package. This week, we thought we'd take a look at the recently released Batman figures from DC Collectibles from Greg Capullo Designer Series.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

While these figures have been available for a little bit, we just finally got around to checking them out. Like the other DC Collectibles figures, they are all around the 6 3/4" size. That means they are in the same proportions as the Justice League and Villains figures. There are actually four figures in this set but we're not looking at the Two-Face figure.

Zero Year Batman

No Caption Provided

You might already have a Batman figure (or two) but this is the Zero Year version. That means he has the cool purple gloves. He also has the black piping along the sides of his body, arms, and legs. This costume was designed by Greg Capullo.

You have to remember, this was Batman in his early days. He had more of an attitude back then as he was young and a little restless. You can see that attitude in the look on his face.

No Caption Provided

The piping is pretty cool. The only problem is when you bend his arms or knees, it ruins the look on the costume. You can also see the pins by the joints. It's not a huge deal and looks like it could be part of the costume.

No Caption Provided

His boots have a cool look to them. They look like regular lace up boots instead of plain regular "superhero" boots.

No Caption Provided

To also set him apart from your regular Batman figures, he does have a different cape that looks like it's seen a little action.

No Caption Provided

He does come with an extra interchangeable hand. One option you have is to put a Batarang or two in it.

No Caption Provided

The other option is to put the gun he comes with in the hand. Of course it's not a regular gun. It's likely a grappling gun. It also fits in a holsters on his side (which you can see in the pics above).

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The great thing about him, with this two fists and that face, you can totally put him in a "Come at me, bro!" stance.

No Caption Provided

The only problem with this figure is his left hand had a little black on the bottom of his fist and forearm.

Commissioner Gordon

No Caption Provided

One of the biggest surprises, for me, when the New 52 started was seeing a younger Jim Gordon. Having red hair instead of his normal white took a little getting used to but a younger Jim allows for him to really get into the thick of the action.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The detail is his face is pretty amazing. The glasses look really delicate and seem like they'd fall right off but they're stuck on his face. The layers on him add to the look with the jacket, tie, and shirt. Even the sculpt for his hair, instead of just one solid clump of hair, looks good.

He may be just a civilian action figure but he's a crucial character in Batman's world. If you read the arc, you even know there's a special story to the origin of his coat.

He does come with a couple accessories. He has a walkie talkie, because shouldn't all police detectives have one?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

He also has a gun. He needs that gun to deal with those pesky crazy villains running around Gotham.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Jim has some fancy shoes as well. Hopefully they're comfortable shoes, in case he has to do a lot of walking around.

No Caption Provided

Batgirl

No Caption Provided

If only Jim Gordon knew the truth about his daughter, he'd likely be so proud, or at least after he got over his fear for her safety. Barbara Gordon looks pretty cool in her Bat-armor costume.

Batgirl might currently be wearing a different outfit but this is in Greg Capullo's style in the BATMAN comics.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The eyes are a little mesmerizing but they also stand out a little. It's borderline giving her a vacant look.

The only accessories she comes with is some Batarangs. You can put them in her right hand.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Her cape is a little similar to Batman's. It's nice to see the contrast between the black and the yellow. The yellow also makes her stand out from Batman.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Batgirl also has some crazy boots on. Take a look at those heels!

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

You can even reenact something like "Bring your daughter to work" Day.

No Caption Provided

Batgirl can be a little tricky when trying to get her to stand but you can see in the above pics it is possible. These figures do have a solid feel to them. There is a good amount of articulation with the extra articulation at their wrists and ankles. There are minor painting concerns but overall, I think they look great.

No Caption Provided

The easiest way to find them on the DC Entertainment store website is to just type in "Greg Capullo" into the search. The retail price for the figures is $24.95. Batman was on sale for $19.99. Unfortunately it appears these figures are currently out of stock. You can enter your email to be informed if and when they come back in stock. You can also find them at your local comic shop or online.

No Caption Provided

If you've been digging BATMAN by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, and you're also into collecting or displaying action figures, you'll want this figures. That is, if you haven't already purchased them.

We'll have another item featured next time!

Michiel1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Collected all 12 of them..... Trasher Suit is one of my favourites...

MrTubwubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I got the Zero Year Batman the articulation is amazing but it smelt horrible. It took a while for the smell to die off of my figure. Also there was a lot of oil on him.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too many huge pictures in one article...

Does the Batman figure have some pouches on his belt yellow, and others gray?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@muyjingo: You can't tell from the huge pictures? Maybe next time I'll feature three figures and just have one pic on the article. Guess I was wrong in thinking people would want to see close ups from different angles.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MuyJingo

@g_man: G-Man, please allow me to clarify. I love the huge pictures and the close ups. I just think it would be better if it was split across 3 or even 2 articles.

Or maybe generate some thumbnails to put in the article, which link to the larger version? Doing the images like this without any thumbnails, and just having every high res image embedded into the article makes the browser use up a LOT more memory than it would otherwise have to. There are about 30 pictures, and each one is about a MB. So that's at least an extra 30MB it is taking. As well, the browser has to keep these images in memory which affects the performance of scrolling the page. I say this on an i7 machine with 16GB of ram. Many people have older machines and slower internet connections, for whom the situation would be far worse.

My suggestion/criticism is purely from a technical stand point.

As for the comment on Batman's belt, the pictures did indeed answer my question, and I meant for my question to be rhetorical. I don't understand why they would paint the pouches different colors. It stands out to me, and is a deal breaker on an otherwise very nice figurine.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The whole Greg Capullo series is awesome! I only have to get the Talon, Catwoman, and Two Face ones and I'll have the whole series.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Really nice figures but I'm not a fan of Batman and Batgirl's cape. Never really liked that style. Gordon's the one I'd get.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MuyJingo

edit: Huh my post got truncated somehow.

This image shows the memory used from loading this tab in a fresh browser instance, while contrasting it with the Yahoo homepage.

No reason it should be more than 10MB, if thumbnails were used or the images were split across several articles.

No Caption Provided

sidesw1pe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: Dude, chillax - splitting this into several articles is kind of a ludicrous idea. Thumbnails good idea, splitting not so much. Very happy to see the nice high quality images & different angles.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@muyjingo: Dude, chillax - splitting this into several articles is kind of a ludicrous idea. Thumbnails good idea, splitting not so much. Very happy to see the nice high quality images & different angles.

I am chill. Not sure why you would think otherwise.

I explained what I considered to be a problem. Like you (and as I noted) I appreciate the high res images, but it's ridiculous to just directly put all 30 of them in the main article.

Splitting up over pages isn't ludicrous, and indeed they do that when they are reporting on cons (although that could be more due to time management).

Maybe I should have made a post in the bug report forum, but I thought it made sense to point it out when and where it happens.

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
    TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheMantisShrimp

Multiple pages are lame, I hate articles that split up stuff like that. All my pictures loaded within a reasonable time frame.

I really hope Capullo gets another Batman Black and White statue and they do zero year Batman, especially if it was survivalist Batman from the last third of the zero year.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Alfred toy?

Avatar image for the_greatest_username
    The_Greatest_Username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty cool, I really like the Batgirl and Gordon figures. I especially like Barb's heels.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Multiple pages are lame, I hate articles that split up stuff like that. All my pictures loaded within a reasonable time frame.

I really hope Capullo gets another Batman Black and White statue and they do zero year Batman, especially if it was survivalist Batman from the last third of the zero year.

That would be an awesome figure!

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Batgirl is the best of the bunch IMO

Avatar image for masterdetective
    MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the pictures

redleader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michiel1976: ah it's so much money so I have been holding off but I need the thrasher suit so badly.

UltronMk7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man I love the DC Collectible figures. Excellent quality (in looks anyway, my Green Arrow's leg came off when I tried bending his knee to kneel. It was about 2 minutes out of the package, lol). I just saw the Batman the animated series Joker in my LCS and I needed to buy it. Put it on my desk today at the office and everyone was commenting on how awesome it looked. After looking at it all day I decided to order the Batman and Two Face when I got home. Two Face looks incredible. The Bats is actually from the new Batman Adventures. The Batman from Batman TAS comes out in the summer. Wish I had more room on my desk, I think all the DC stuff looks great. $25 a pop is steep for a figure, but these all look great. On a side note, I don't get the complaint about the pictures in the article. If anything I want more pics. Thumbnails suck. Then I have to click each 1, 1 at a time. Why would anyone want to do that? I viewed this article on an iPhone, not even my computer and it loaded in under 30 seconds. Probably less than that. I didn't think of it till I read the comments. The high res pics are awesome. They make the article. Don't change it, if anything add more. :)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kidchipotle

The Batman and Batgirl ones are SO COOL.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I just can't get behind the Batman with the purple gloves. It's such a cool figure, but the hands make it look like he's about to do the dishes rather than beat up criminals.

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.