The Veiled Forest (CVnU/Pocket Dimension Location Thread)

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for circumstance_imp
Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander:

Haha! Life! Human li-- wait.

That wasn't human at all. That was... drow?

"Na na an, sh nal van?" Leena chirped, floating nearer and without the natural caution of an entity that was not omnipotent, as she now wasn't. Her language was seemingly some sequence of short clucks and syllables, an Unseelie dialect of a primal fey language that hadn't been in popular use for thousands of years. She tilted her head, then reiterated in the elven tongue. "How did you arrive here before me?"

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp:

The Necrommander bowed, long-ago memories of the etiquette learned from his aristocratic father having not entirely faded. He regarded the creature before him as he rose, puzzling over what she could possibly be. Some manner of imp or sprite, perhaps? Well, there was more to be gained from conversation than there was from speculation.

"That would be a question for my mother, I'm afraid." As he spoke, he drew back his hood, allowing his lighter (by drow standards) skin tone and immaculately trimmed facial hair to attest to his mixed heritage. "It was she who crossed the Veil, not I. But welcome, friend. What brings you to this land of mortality?"

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander:

The imp tilted her head, arching one visible eyebrow, with the other hidden beneath her pendulous Harness Crown. Half-drow, then. Interesting. There had already been pioneers across the veil, more than she had initially thought.

"I am Leena," she said softly, speaking her name as if merely hearing it should fill the lich with terror. "I have broken the Veil, creating a bridge between our worlds. No longer shall the Fair Folk live in seclusion -- either within our world, or outside of it."

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil thingies.

Gotta slay em all.

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unrealheroine: :O No it's not!

Now, forced tickle attacks, those are ebil.

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Necrommander

@circumstance_imp:

Now this was interesting. The complete dissolution of the Veil, the merging of the realms...this was a change that could have ramifications well beyond the sphere of this world. The Imperium would need to be informed...eventually. First, he intended to gain whatever he could for himself from this momentous event.

"My mother called me Cy'ian," he responded. "Forgive me if I am not familiar with your name, Leena; for I have never passed the Veil and visited my mother's people. All I know of them are what I could learn from my human father, who knew only what my mother shared with him. Still, I am informed enough to understand the import of your actions, and I must confess to a degree of surprise; it was my understanding that the Fair Folk tended to shun this world."

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unrealheroine:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

@necrommander:

"They have," Leena admitted, batting her oversized eyelids thoughtfully. "I work outside the desires of the Veiled Forest as a whole. Seclusion has brought us nothing but stagnation. It was time for change." She fluttered around winglessly, seemingly needing time to get used to her new buoyancy, something she had not had in her elven form. "The outside world is now something they will need to acclimate to. As must the outside world acclimate to the presence of the Fair Folk amongst them. Though I confess, I know little of this world -- this being my first outing."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Hmmmm

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp:

The plot was thickening. If what she said was true, the Fae would be as surprised by this sudden merger as humanity would be. No doubt chaos and confusion would reign, at least at first, and that would provide opportunities for a prepared party to take advantage of. "A bold move," he replied, stroking his chin thoughtfully. "I have been somewhat...secluded from my father's people, of late, but I cannot imagine that their nature will have changed very dramatically. Humans are, generally, a stubborn lot, for being so short lived. As one whose heritage lies in both worlds, I may be able to assist you. My services as an advisor are yours, my lady, if you desire them."

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander:

Advisor, hmmm...?

Leena rotated idly in mid-air, her expression pensive -- appearing more as a cute pout with her impish appearance, one little fang poking out from over her bottom lip. Did she need an advisor? Should she destroy the creature for suggesting that one was necessary? Could she destroy him, should the mood strike her? Leena didn't entirely understand how much her powers had been limited -- with that in mind, it might be a good idea to have an ally. If, indeed, she could trust this half-breed drow.

"Very well, Cy'ian. Impress me." She offered a haughty little smirk, attempting to stay in control of the situation, if only socially. The man understood at least some measure of her powers, but not how the Harness Crown hindered them. This gave her a distinct advantage.

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Necrommander

@circumstance_imp:

Impress me.

It had been ages since another had dared address him in such a way. Of course, it had been ages since he had last felt the ley lines of the Salisbury plains thrumming beneath his feet; this excursion was hardly usual. "As my lady wishes, of course." His tone was respectful, his bow containing just the right level of theatrical flair. Reaching within his voluminous cloak, he withdrew a small stone, black as a midnight sky. Whispering a few words in a language never spoken on Earth, he dropped the stone to the ground.

Moments later, a skeletal hand burst through the soil, pulling a large, dirt-caked form behind it. As the skeletal being pulled itself to it's feet, the soil fell away, revealing the bones of a warrior clad in mouldering mail. Even as the clods of earth struck the ground, the years seemed to melt from the animate corpse, as muscle and flesh knitted itself over ancient bones, armor suddenly glistened beneath the starts, and the blade of the massive Danish axe it gripped shone as keenly as the day it came from the blacksmith's forge. The now blonde-bearded soldier stood silently, as the Necrommander turned back to his prospective patron.

"A gift. A walking relic from the days when the Saxons were masters of this land. His living appearance is but an illusion, but he possesses a sorcerous strength and speed that living man could match. He will be unaffected by pain, weariness, or fear, and most importantly, he will obey your orders without question."

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander:

Necromancy. He had learned something from his drow mother, then.

Being unseelie, necromancy had never been something that was outright shunned, though it was something Leena personally tended to find distasteful. Still, she couldn't doubt the usefulness of an automaton guardian, and Cy'ian had provided her with such a thing. Folding her arms and regarding the straightening figure, she turned her gleaming scarlet eyes back to the half-drow and regarded him, this time, more closely. She had few concerns for good or evil, though she did understand that those who fell under the latter column were far less likely to be loyal.

But Leena had never been one to discriminate, being of the "dark" fey herself. Scratching her short chin, the imp offered a cartoonishly curved smile. "I enjoy your gift," she stated calmly, hovering around it idly. "Very well -- if you wish to be an advisor, feel free to advise. I am new to this world, and can't entirely say I came through the Veil with a plan in mind."

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By UnrealHeroine

I wonder how exactly I can get involved here. hmmms

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unrealheroine: Just have her pop through the Veil. It's open now, and coming outside will run you right into Leena and Cy'ian.

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Necrommander

@circumstance_imp said:

@unrealheroine: Just have her pop through the Veil. It's open now, and coming outside will run you right into Leena and Cy'ian.

What she said. It's actually a perfect moment for a dramatic entrance. ^_^

UnrealHeroine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By UnrealHeroine
Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ooh, interesting.

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: *demon summoning spell goes awry; pulls Abigail into the RP*

:P

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Arquitenens
Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander: I don't see what Victor Grey and Noallegiance Addams have to do with me. ;-P

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: All things are connected...in the circle of life.

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@circumstance_imp: "Well, I have heard said that no plan survives contact with the enemy, and do not doubt that there will be enemies. Humans have ever been fearful of that with which they are unfamiliar, and that fear often escalates to outright hostility." He speculatively stroked his illusory beard, further considering. "I also suspect that there will be some from your side of the Veil who would strongly prefer that things remain as they are. Perhaps we should prepare for the worst. This place is not inherently defensible, but the proper application of the Art could do much to compensate for that."

Circumstance_Imp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander:

"Prepare?" Leena tilted her head. She was familiar with the concept, simply not experienced with it. Leena did things. She was an eldritch entity known to few and understood by less. She had opened the Veil specifically to create change... preserving order seemed like a step backwards. "I feel they'll do quite well on their own. And, should one side falter, then the strongest shall be the victor. Perfect balance."

Amora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddess of Beauty
Goddess of Beauty

The light of a full moon illuminated the verdant glade in which Amora the Enchantress stood. Around her, flora and fauna thrived with a lushness unseen anywhere in the mortal world. The silver light of of the pale moon poured over the forest's thick greenery, painting the entire scene with a soft and ethereal glamour. Gentle noises told signs of woodland life--the chirps of young birds, the periodic rustling on the forest floor as small mammals passed through the underbrush, and the occasional splash of a fish disturbing the quiet trickle of a stream nearby. Every noise came peacefully, and in tune with the tranquil spell the moon cast over the earth.

"Why have we come here, Amora?" came Valdar's gruff voice beside the goddess. He turned his head slowly to look about the glade, with an expression much softer than the one usually darkening his facial features. The forest's delicate enchantments had seemingly pacified even the Godslayer's characteristic temper.

As was custom, the Goddess of Beauty did not immediately satisfy her companion's inquiry. Instead she ran a slender hand along the velvety petals of a flower beside her--the vibrant blossom growing many times larger than that of its Earthly equal. She took a moment to wander about her surroundings, taking in the full beauty of the elysian forest.

"We have been sentenced to exile from Asgard," she said, walking forward as she did so. Without question Valdar proceeded behind her, following a path only the Enchantress seemed to understand. "And I do not plan to spend such sentence among the filth of Midgard. So, for the time being, we shall make this mystic land our home."

In the wake of events that took place during Asgard's war with Earth, Amora and Valdar had both been found guilty for treason against Asgard. Their responsibility in not only starting the war, but allowing much of Asgard to be destroyed, found them once again at the jurisdiction of Asgard's King. With Odin long killed at the hands of Otto von Doom, the All-Father's throne had been since filled by his son and successor, Thor. And as his father had many times before him, Thor banished Amora and Valdar from Asgard as a punishment for their mischievous and immoral actions.

"Why not take a piece of Midgard for our own? In many of their lands our power would go unopposed--unequaled," Valdar countered, his appreciation for the peacefulness of the forest beginning to run thin.

"Do not let your tongue run leagues ahead of your common sense, Godslayer," Amora scolded him while continuing forward on her invisible path. Wherever she stepped, new flowers of unique hues and shapes grew at her feet. The forest itself seemed drawn to her, as if attracted by the presence of a being equal in its incomparable beauty. Without moving her emerald irises from the path ahead of her, she continued. "We must allow out Midgard enemies time to recover. To be lulled into a state of false security."

As the Asgardian gods ventured deeper into the arcane forest, the woodland surrounding them grew increasingly dense. Soon the moon became barely visible overhead, and trees stood imposing them in every direction.

"In the meantime, we must collect new allies. Our brothers and sisters on Asgard have abandoned us, for now, but there are other places to find immortal friends."

Suddenly the Enchantress stopped walking, right in front of a large tree surrounded by other similar brush which blockaded the gods from moving any farther forward. With a single wave of her hand, the timber became fluid, moving as though of its own free will while under the command of the Enchantress' magic. As the path before them turned unobstructed, the visage of a massive and grandeur castle in the center of the forest became clear. Silverpeak Castle.

"Yes, Valdar. We shall find new friends. And we shall find them here."

Leah_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sees Amora posted*

*runs to keyboard*

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang! I remember this thread! The good ole days of noobishness...

@amora@valerie_huntington

"Amora needs to visit ASAP" - Valerie Huntington

10 months, 21 days ago

Ten months later, ASAP.

Lol, jk

Amora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's all go back to the days when you could leave a post anywhere and someone would respond... No prearrangements, just spontaneous interaction :D

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amora said:

Let's all go back to the days when you could leave a post anywhere and someone would respond... No prearrangements, just spontaneous interaction :D

The good ole days. Am I right?

I could always write up a response for ya, if you want.

@valerie_huntington

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Nordok  Moderator

@amora said:

Blasphemer! Have a care, lest your words undo the very fabric of reality!

;P