The Veiled Forest (CVnU/Pocket Dimension Location Thread)

Celebuir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Celebuir

The Veiled Forest (CVnU/Pocket Dimension Location Thread)

No Caption Provided

After losing a pivotal battle against the humans to retain their homeland millennia ago, the sun elf king Anorian gathered together the greatest elvish sorcerers to construct a pocket dimension within which the ancients species of fae folk could dwell openly should they desire it. Only those of magical descent, namely fae creatures and powerful magic practitioners are able to pass the threshold into this world. It is smaller than the world without but in it resides the depth of magic that has long been decaying on Earth. The entrance to this realm is disguised by glamour only visible to those of fae descent or those with special means. It is located at Stonehenge, England and can only be entered under the phase of the new moon. Leaving can happen at anytime. Two stone elementals roughly ten feet tall stand as statues after the entrance ready to cut down those who are not deemed worthy to proceed into the Veiled Forest.

Once inside, the forest itself is a beautiful and perilous place. Fae folk both good and evil lurk in the shadows watching wayward travelers. Among the forests inhabitants are dryads and naiads, nymphs and elementals, fairies, elves, orcs, ogres, trolls, goblins, and many other things written about in fantastic tales read by humans. There is the wood itself, the shadow swamp, habitats and homes of various people and creatures, and finally, in the centre of it all is Silverpeak Castle where the elvish king once resided. It has since been taken over by his twin children. It is open to those of Elvish descent and those who are granted entrance by the Sun and Moon Elf guard. Various enchantments lay upon the castle doors and windows to prevent unauthorized access to the interior. There are many rooms for guests, a kitchen and wine cellar, a throne room, a library, a dungeon, and many other rooms within the dark castle.

Rules:

• Standard RPG rules apply; no godmodding, etc.
  • Anyone that can wield powerful enough magic or is a fae person can post here. Non-fae people should sell the defenses and the fact that they might be considered unwelcome by many of the area's inhabitants.
  • If you are going to assault the realm or do significant damage to the Veiled Forest and vicinities, please contact The Psyentist first.
  • Have fun!
The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

impressive

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outstanding.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Balthazar

Ah, elves....

I vaguely recall being one. A high elf. I was a fool.... filled with misguided ideas, following those pitiful societies. The Nether has taught me much... and I have purged those weaknesses from me, destroyed every trace that kept me bound to those mortal creatures. The souls trapped within my blade were proof enough... the tortured, wailing souls... a degree of elves among them....

I have made one thing clear. I no longer have any love for my people and their foolish ways. On the contrary, I'd rather have them all eliminated, having their souls writhing in agony, and raise them back to dance to my tune....

But today is not the day for such brutality.

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well it looks like there are gonna be three forests, because the two clans of faeries of the Enchanted and the Black Forests too x3

Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The sun had just began to rise and he could feel its warmth bask down on his pale white skin. A trade mark to his Elven heritage. He closed his eyes and took in the scent of the fresh dew around him. His bare feet could feel the moisture in the grass with each step he took. With a slow easy pull he unsheathed his blade and let its tip trace a circle around him on the ground. "Sing to me White-Fang" he whispered to his blade as it shimmered with a magical blue light.

Alurvelve began to spin and dance alongside his blade as it whipped about him like an extension from his hand. Every stroke was masterfully controlled as he weaved a defensive circle around his body. He was impenetrable, he was Untouchable. Softly he began to hum an Elvish song and magic flashed alive. Encasing his body with the raw power of the Ancients. Louder his words were lifted to the sky as his feverish danced hastened. Sweat began to glisten his snow white skin as the sword dance played out.

Suddenly his sword bit into the ground beneath him as he knelt. His long silver hair fell in front of his face as his chest heaved for air. Slowly he rose back to his feet and retrieved his sheath. He still had a long journey ahead of him if he wanted to reach Silverpeak Castle. There was troubling news that had to be brought to The People.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#7  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

Awesomeness.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might bring Quintus here, his true form looks elfish enough to blend in, lol.

@wildvine Wassup Wildvine?

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wildvine  Moderator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't decide whether to post with Maxie or Veraza.

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Veraza would fit better methinks. Besides, there aren't any girl elf characters for Maxie to molest yet :P

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziah_darksong said:

Veraza would fit better methinks. Besides, there aren't any girl elf characters for Maxie to molest yet :P

Good point. :3

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wildvine  Moderator

@_sapphire_ said:
@ziah_darksong said:

Good point. :3

Maxie is weird. And I know weird.

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Come, kinfolk of my mother, and retake this world from the vermin who defile it!"

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander: Is that from an actual He-Man/Justice League crossover? O-O

Veraza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Veraza
No Caption Provided

The drow girl closed her eyes, hanging from the corner of one of the many lower spires of Silverpeak Castle. One of its sentinels, a watcher in the night. Aimless after countless years. So the elves would be making a comeback, reintroducing themselves to the world -- was there room for the drow, in such ambitions?

Veraza of House T'zere thought it unlikely. The drow had been subjugated and reviled since breaking away from the rest of elvenkind, and once they had retreated to the lands beneath the verdant, starlit groves, they had been unable to leave. It was only recently that Veraza had been able to leave the cutthroat gloom of the Underdark, and her eyes still stung at the sight of the moon.

These things were certain -- first, that the dark elves would not be given their rightful place in this reclamation. Second, that they would try to take it. And third, that Veraza would be nowhere to be seen when it happened. While politics were of interest to her, she held only a passing loyalty to her own people... she had been taught to act and function as an individual, not as part of the whole. Those teachings remained with her, a century later. The outside world would never know that the umbral knight had become a part of it until she already was.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Quintus (Elven Form)

No Caption Provided

Arrogant, fairly impudent, and cunning described the transcendent, Quintus. He inherited those traits from his High Elven side, while his more ruthless nature was from being a demon as well. His arrival here was to satisfy his more audacious nature.

He paused, his keen nose detecting the familiar scent of Elven lands. This place was positively brimming with magic... it was so majestic... yet so unnatural, almost unnerving. It didn't bother Quintus much, however, as he himself radiated nigh boundless sorcery.

The sweet smell of his surroundings stirred something in Quintus' memories. It was all so familiar...

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Necrommander
_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this is crap. I can't log into any of the accounts that are tied with emails (as in, the vast majority). The site is acting like the emails aren't tied to any accounts, keeps bringing me to the "create account/log in" screen.

_Sapphire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necrommander: I didn't know that was a thing! Gonna have to look some stuff up, thanks =D

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_sapphire_: Of course! It wasn't bad, as crossovers go.

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rafael_Romeiro

Nice :)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work on this.

Amora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool!!!

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice!

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strigidae_23

Well this is crap. I can't log into any of the accounts that are tied with emails (as in, the vast majority). The site is acting like the emails aren't tied to any accounts, keeps bringing me to the "create account/log in" screen.

I had a problem with emails yesterday. It wouldn't let me change my AV, saying my email was invalid. I had to change my email account in order to change my AV.

I think something is up with the way CV handles email addresses.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By _Ophelia_

@strigidae_23: The problem seems to have fixed itself. Not trusting it though.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By _Ophelia_

Gonna start writing the fairy stuff now, while I have the time. Never was good with histories.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_sapphire_: It is. >:D

That looks really cool. And probably the coolest I've ever seen Skeletor ever.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also this is really nice. Kinda makes me wanna explore.

Aeron_Glyndwr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aeron_Glyndwr

Damnnnn this is awesome

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You always deliver when it comes to world building.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also this is really nice. Kinda makes me wanna explore.

Me too! I'd explore it with ya :s

World building. That's the word I was looking for, and what I'm terrible at.

Celebuir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Celebuir

@dreadpool10: @veraza: @alurvelve:

The land trembled. The onyx obelisk splintered into a series of cracks, the pale moonlight glistening along the fractures. The faults spread up and around the massive structure hidden within the Veiled Forest. The crevasses deepened, a single rift down the centre splitting wide as the ground quaked. Finally out of the fissure there stepped a tall, white-skinned elf. He was Silverflame, the son of King Anorion. His vibrant yellow eyes gazed before him, alight with a soul fire bequeathed by the moon beams. His mind reached out to his twin to find his premature escape from his prison was granted not by good will, but by necessity. The binds set in place by his father had shattered at his untimely demise. Now the eclipse elf would return to his own to resume his war against the humans. But what had changed in his millennia locked away in that enchanted pillar? What had become of his previous allies?

His black lips curled, an inspired air pushed between them to release a melodic note. The whistled seemed to resonate through the deepest shadows of that dark forest. In answer, through the various night-time noises of the wood, his keen elf ears caught the sound of wind broken beneath powerful wings. A screeching cry pierced the night, the enchanted creature eager for it's master's return. A smile snaked onto his face as the dark beast, a fell wyvern began its thunderous approach.

"Hello, friend. You have waited in the shadows too long." The long neck of the creature nearly wrapped around the prince after it's landing. Celebuir patted the scaly, black flesh before climbing upon it. "Let us see what has transpired." His voice sunk to a whisper. "And make corpses for you to devour." The Child of Sun and Moon clicked his heels into the brute's hide, the monster flapping it's great wings as it's muscular hind legs pushed it up into the sky. The two ancients gazed about the forest to see the inhabitants and their comings and goings from the darkened heavens. He proceeded to his castle to reclaim what was his.

No Caption Provided

Alighting upon the battlements, the misanthropic monarch dismounted his massive steed, landing squarely upon his agile feet. With a growl, the wyvern retreated to a cavern just outside the castle walls. Celebuir continues inside, to the throne room. Inside, his twin sister stood reading a book, hiding her worry at her brother's return. "Sister..." his silvery voice taunted. "I have returned for my crown."

Celebriel closed her eyes and the book she held. "It is beyond your reach, brother. I cannot allow you to use your kingship to unite our people against the humans. It is evil and wrong."

He strode to her, brushing a strand of two-toned white and gold hair from her face. "I will find it, and I will restore our former glory even if it is on the graves of the mortals." His voice softened. "You've seen how they have destroyed the forests, slaughter the wildlife, even their own kind. They deserve no protection from you." He shifted her body to face him, wrapping her slender frame in his arms. "I want you on my side, Celebriel."

The silver princess stood sadly torn by her duty to keep the peace and her love and loyalty to her twin brother. Finally, she pulled away. "You know my heart, lord. You know that I cannot join your crusade."

His golden eyes grew cold as they gazed at her regal form. "So be it, sister. I pray you will not stand in my way." The Primeval Prince pivoted on his heels to take his leave.

Necrommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ophelia is gonna be thrown into a middle of this war, probably...

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@_ophelia_: I'd imagine so given the history of her powers.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: It's gonna suck because she doesn't even like the faeries. xP

Speaking of which, what do you think the relationship between the Faeries and the Elves should be like? If any at all?

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: Well, they aren't enemies by nature. The elves tend to be the "rulers" of the other creatures just like humans on earth. It would ultimately depend on the elf and the fairy.

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: I suppose it would make the most sense for them just to be independent, then. Still doubt they'd be thrilled about an elven invasion.

Someone should really make a Hellboy character >_>

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Ophelia_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist: Elven war or whatever you are trying to build up to. I'm bad at words xP

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_ophelia_: Ah. Well, that would depend on the fairies again. Some would probably be excited to wage war on the humans for destroying their forests and keeping their kind in jars or whatever.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

keeping their kind in jars or whatever.

LOL That's just hilarious xD

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today was slower than 2005 King Kong movie...

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By The Psyentist

@_drake: Ha! True story though. >_>

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers