CaV Thundergodswrath vs CadenceV2 (Voting Open)

• 78 results
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Pokergeist

@oceanmaster21: @darkraiden: @alessandro_souzamarques: @alessandro_souzamarques: @kidman560: @dondave: @neongamewave: Wow that is alot of voters since I went to sleep. Thanks for reading. This one was fun, I never debated for a whole team before.

@lvenger said:

A decent debate all round and TGW did make use of a lot of strong reasoning that could be applied to Thor eventually cutting loose and decimating Cadence's team. Unfortunately, this argument does not negate the fact that Thor is in character and as such, will be extremely unlikely not to use anti force, God Blasts or high tier lightning strikes. In standard battles, his approach has always been melee brawling with some hammer throws slotted in and the occasional lightning strike. In many of Thor's battles, that's how it's gone down. To Cadence's credit, he brought some unique strategies to the table like the dimension slicing sword, Black Hellfire enhancements and mountain busting speed blitzes. I almost bought the team's lethal mindset coupled with their superior speed and more powerful arsenal enabling them to pull out a win. However, at the end of the debate, @thundergodswrath did a nice job reminding me that if any one of the team is taken down by Thor in a surprise or powerful attack, the team simply cannot win. If they lose anyone, Thor will eventually overpower them. And although it'll take time, TGW showed Thor could last long enough to whittle them down. As such, my vote goes to TGW.

Im glad I almost ensnared ya from my argument :D

@cadencev2@thundergodswrath

Im going to read through this and then come with a good critic as soon as possible. Although i already have my quarrels with the Hulk's annual reference, since Hulk wasn't "THAT" KO'd in the first place, if that was the case, he would've turn into Banner, not to mention, as soon as Thor passes through the portal, Hulk "wakes up". So i wouldn't use the instance as "Lightnings strong enough to KO Hulk" if the effect just works for literally a few seconds.

To be fair Hulk got one win over Thor too if we count Incapacitate in that same Annual.

Hulk has a mountain brought down on Thor, who then is trapped under the rock mass long enough for Hulk to grow bored, hop around the planet, and pick fights with the locals all before Thor breaks free.

Thats a win for me by 10 count out :) Hulk Respect!

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@cadencev2: I know mate, i didn't mentioned it because i felt it had no relevance whatsoever as far as the "KO by lightning" goes. Anyway, *Hulked out fist bump*

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Pokergeist

@cadencev2: I know mate, i didn't mentioned it because i felt it had no relevance whatsoever as far as the "KO by lightning" goes. Anyway, *Hulked out fist bump*

No Caption Provided

Pope052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This debate has been very fun to watch and kudos to each debater for providing a logical and entertaining argument for each of their cases. However, there must always be a winner in my books and that honour goes to @thundergodswrath.

While @cadencev2 provided a great argument and had decent counters for Thor's feats I felt that @thundergodswrath had a far better understanding of Thor and lived up to his username. He had better scans than his opponent, much better countering IMO and all in all better debating.

@thundergodswrath has my vote.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By Lvenger

@cadencev2: It was definitely close but ultimately your arguments for your team winning hinged on them all being able to survive Thor's attacks unscathed. If one of them goes down to this powerhouse, their chances of winning drop drastically. TGW was able to show that Thor could take one of them down and whittle the rest of the team down.

@ghostravage Whilst I don't wish to derail this voting process, that fight is probably what I'd consider the most reliable encounter between Thor and Hulk. Both were near equals, both got solid hits in an even fight, Hulk incapacitated Thor once and Thor admitted Hulk was his physical superior. However, Thor did gain two solid footholds in that fight. The first was when he KOed Hulk with a bolt of lightning which I consider reliable because in several other stories, like Planet Hulk which I'm currently reading (and enjoying immensely) Hulk was KOed twice in the first issue, once by some dart mechanism and again by a blast from behind. Both times he remained the Hulk and didn't revert back to Banner. Just because he doesn't revert to Banner doesn't always mean Hulk's conscious. And Thor also had the advantage when he called down a massive storm that left Hulk at a disadvantage only for the storm to endanger nearby innocents. It was a close battle but there were two times when Thor had the distinct advantage.

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote for TGW and here's why: I think that cadencev2 relied far too much on bizarre calculations and extrapolations from the Yu Yu Hakusho manga scans. He also made some bogus claims about his characters speeds and durability. He flip flopped saying Yusuke was Mach 357, Mach 102, then Mach 100+....I didn't know if I was coming or going. Let us clear this up though, late in the series Yusuke is having trouble outrunning a truck (clearly nowhere near even Mach 1) and is not durable enough to tank bullets and knives since he's running from them.

Loading Video...

I do feel cadencev2 was fighting a losing battle from the beginning. TGW showed that Thor can fight inside a star which means his character is tanking heat leagues above what the Yu Yu Hakusho characters can produce. If you have one pea shooter and notice it can't break the armor on a tank, would you add three more pea shooters to your arsenal? To quote a Yu Yu Hakusho villain, "four times zero power is still zero power."

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GhostRavage

@lvenger: Im not going to spoil you, but you'll probably see the context behind why Hulk didn't turn back to Banner in Planet Hulk in our future 2v2, that of course, unless you don't care about spoilers mate. Trust me, there is some context behind the instance.

If anything, i wouldn't associate Planet Hulk with Hulk from 2001.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@ghostravage: In that case, I'll wait til I finish the omnibus and get back to you :P

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: You would need to finish the entire Pak's run for me to tell you :P since it's a fact that it's mentioned literally in the last Issue of Heart of The Monster. But you'll get several hints later in the series, Planet Hulk, Fall of the Hulks, The Incredible Hulks and World War Hulks i assure you mate.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro said:

I vote for TGW and here's why: I think that cadencev2 relied far too much on bizarre calculations and extrapolations from the Yu Yu Hakusho manga scans. He also made some bogus claims about his characters speeds and durability. He flip flopped saying Yusuke was Mach 357, Mach 102, then Mach 100+....I didn't know if I was coming or going. Let us clear this up though, late in the series Yusuke is having trouble outrunning a truck (clearly nowhere near even Mach 1) and is not durable enough to tank bullets and knives since he's running from them.

Loading Video...

I do feel cadencev2 was fighting a losing battle from the beginning. TGW showed that Thor can fight inside a star which means his character is tanking heat leagues above what the Yu Yu Hakusho characters can produce. If you have one pea shooter and notice it can't break the armor on a tank, would you add three more pea shooters to your arsenal? To quote a Yu Yu Hakusho villain, "four times zero power is still zero power."

Travel speed =/= Combat Speed. And Hiei as a D-class sliced a guy 16 times before he could react. Said guy could punch 100s of times in a second, meaning he's at least 1600 slices per second. D-class. And every class can take on a horde of lower classes (C can take on a horde of D classes and are much faster). Also Yusuke ran from knives and stuff because they were reinforced by spirit energy from Sniper. Sniper being the same guy who cracked a guy's skull from 500 meters away with a pencil eraser. And that was A-class Yusuke. S-class Sensui can beat A-class Yusuke by shouting and S-class Yusuke can stomp S-class Sensui. Get your facts right before you try to dog people's arguments.

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro said:

Loading Video...

Travel speed =/= Combat Speed. And Hiei as a D-class sliced a guy 16 times before he could react. Said guy could punch 100s of times in a second, meaning he's at least 1600 slices per second. D-class. And every class can take on a horde of lower classes (C can take on a horde of D classes and are much faster). Also Yusuke ran from knives and stuff because they were reinforced by spirit energy from Sniper. Sniper being the same guy who cracked a guy's skull from 500 meters away with a pencil eraser. And that was A-class Yusuke. S-class Sensui can beat A-class Yusuke by shouting and S-class Yusuke can stomp S-class Sensui. Get your facts right before you try to dog people's arguments.

These calculations are getting weirder and weirder, now you are claiming Hiei slashes 1600 times per second...how's the weather on the moon today?

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro said:

These calculations are getting weirder and weirder, now you are claiming Hiei slashes 1600 times per second...how's the weather on the moon today?

LMAO.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro said:

@darkraiden said:

@baltoro said:

Loading Video...

that's not a calc, just a literal statement from the manga. A calc would be saying that's Mach 5 or w/e the calc came out to be. I used a literal statement that Seiryu can punch hundreds of times in a second and Hiei slashed him 16 times before he could punch. The math is simple.

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baltoro said:

@darkraiden said:

@baltoro said:

Loading Video...

that's not a calc, just a literal statement from the manga. A calc would be saying that's Mach 5 or w/e the calc came out to be. I used a literal statement that Seiryu can punch hundreds of times in a second and Hiei slashed him 16 times before he could punch. The math is simple.

Then he obviously slashed him sixteen (16) times. There's no need to slap two 0's on the end of that figure with your extrapolations.

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Pokergeist

@baltoro said:

I feel the need to clarify, I never flip flopped at all on Calcs. I went the extra mile and gave 2 varying calcs of the same feat, and simply chose the smaller one as a good sport. Just wanted to clear that up.

Baltoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2:

I could describe it as waffling to sound less harsh. Don't sweat it man, you had a tough sell in this battle. Thor can probably solo the YYH universe on a good day.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By DarkRaiden

@baltoro said:

@darkraiden said:

@baltoro said:

@darkraiden said:

@baltoro said:

Loading Video...

Then he obviously slashed him sixteen (16) times. There's no need to slap two 0's on the end of that figure with your extrapolations.

He slashed him 16 times in 1/100th of a second yes.

Avatar image for kenshirofistofwrath
KenshiroFistofWrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden@cadencev2

sorry to bother you

i just started yuyu, but what are the best FEATS EoS shown in the manga without fans calcs? mountain buster?

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Pokergeist

@darkraiden@cadencev2

sorry to bother you

i just started yuyu, but what are the best FEATS EoS shown in the manga without fans calcs? mountain buster?

You pretty much seen them in this debate.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DarkRaiden

@kenshirofistofwrath said:

@darkraiden@cadencev2

sorry to bother you

You pretty much seen them in this debate.

What he said. Mountain busting, filling that giant arena with pure aura, punching people into orbit 30 at a time, 16 slices against seiryu, creating tornadoes with punches, Toguro lifting the stadium ring.....um.....I think that's it. The rest is extrapolated. Also Sensui's punch is shown destroying a mountain from far away with a shockwave. And Yusuke and Sensui's fight leaves a scar across the horizon or w/e.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By New_World_Order

This was a very detailed debate and I really enjoyed looking at both sides` perspectives but the one who receives my vote due to having the overall edge in countering, point-formulating and just being able to have the clarity in his respective character`s feats while at the same time understanding as well as acknowledging his opposition`s advantages, I would give it to @thundergodswrath.

@lvenger said:

A decent debate all round and TGW did make use of a lot of strong reasoning that could be applied to Thor eventually cutting loose and decimating Cadence's team. Unfortunately, this argument does not negate the fact that Thor is in character and as such, will be extremely unlikely not to use anti force, God Blasts or high tier lightning strikes. In standard battles, his approach has always been melee brawling with some hammer throws slotted in and the occasional lightning strike. In many of Thor's battles, that's how it's gone down. To Cadence's credit, he brought some unique strategies to the table like the dimension slicing sword, Black Hellfire enhancements and mountain busting speed blitzes. I almost bought the team's lethal mindset coupled with their superior speed and more powerful arsenal enabling them to pull out a win. However, at the end of the debate, @thundergodswrath did a nice job reminding me that if any one of the team is taken down by Thor in a surprise or powerful attack, the team simply cannot win. If they lose anyone, Thor will eventually overpower them. And although it'll take time, TGW showed Thor could last long enough to whittle them down. As such, my vote goes to TGW.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage: Actually hasn't Namor done it in the past in one of their fights?

@pope052 said:

This debate has been very fun to watch and kudos to each debater for providing a logical and entertaining argument for each of their cases. However, there must always be a winner in my books and that honour goes to @thundergodswrath.

While @cadencev2 provided a great argument and had decent counters for Thor's feats I felt that @thundergodswrath had a far better understanding of Thor and lived up to his username. He had better scans than his opponent, much better countering IMO and all in all better debating.

@thundergodswrath has my vote.

@baltoro said:

Loading Video...

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: I think its safe to say you won this time. Good Debate.

It was a nice debate :) Get along to our street level one soon :P

Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cadencev2 said:

You tell me what Street character you like to use.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By New_World_Order

@cadencev2 said:

@thundergodswrath said:

@cadencev2 said:

You tell me what Street character you like to use.

Something like that.

• Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Daredevil
  • Nightcrawler
  • Black Panther
  • Daken
  • Wolverine
  • Kraven
  • Cylcops
  • Hawkeye
  • Spider-Woman
  • Electro
  • Mr.Negative
  • Iron Fist
Pokergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WarBlade539

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome debates on both sides, @thundergodswrath and @cadencev2.
Brilliant as usual.
But I gotta give it to thundergodswrath as I feel as if he handled his case better and also because I agree with his points more.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Care to name the issue, i don't follow classics that much, although i probably have the issue.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Care to name the issue, i don't follow classics that much, although i probably have the issue.

Can't remember.