Hear me out-- I Know this idea is off the wall, but before you set it to flames.. listen.
Considering Storm has had a traumatic recent divorce with BP and has taken on an edgy & tough persona (again)... and also she has been spending a decent amount of her time with Psylocke lately... What if the two of them hooked up or became an item in X-force. (Sometimes, for some women-- once they have had a traumatic relationship with a guy they become lesbian. Why can't Storm do the same--- or at least briefly for a while?)
Would it really be that weird/bad?
I think it would work for a few reasons.
1) Most of us debate which man is acceptable for Storm-- or better yet, if she even needs one because they aren't as powerful as her or strong as her or worthy or whatever.... etc.
2) She doesn't have to go full on lesbian-- Like Buffy in her comics had an encounter with another girl but to call her lesbian is a bit extreme.. And it was decently written.
3) The Mohawk visual look is badass-- BUT Storm could use some more--- interest points to add badass substance to back up her badass image up. And we all know Storm could use the publicity... She has a bit more to go before she returns back to her 80s/90s glory. If you remember-- that Storm was edgy, risque, and would walk around the mansion grounds naked. Personally, I want Storm to continue to surprise us while still being the sexy, amazing icon that she is.
4) As said before-- Storm is a bit of an icon in the gay community when it comes to comics. I am sure she could bridge into this audience at least for a little bit.
5) Storm has a few masculine features. She can roll along side all of the boys-- giving her a girl-- if written well-- could be another amazing strong woman story arc for Storm. Let's face it-- She could always use another one of those.
6) The possibilities are endless. Imagine Forge's reaction when both x-force teams meet up. Imagine Black Panther's reaction. Imagine other x-men's reactions. I would even wager that Storm and Psylocke COULD make a more iconic couple that Black Panther and Storm.
7) X-force is a pretty scandalous/dark/hardcore title- If written well, this could definitely fit the theme well and create an interesting story.
Alright-- Tell me your opinions on this idea. It's better if we bounce ideas around and feedback (no matter how crazy they may be) or else Marvel could act like they are out of ideas for her..... and we have another few years where Storm does absolutely nothing of interest again. So if you find this idea garbage, at least give me points for trying to keep Storm fresh.