Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13420 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

What If Storm & Psylocke hooked up in X-force!!??

• 62 results
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Hear me out-- I Know this idea is off the wall, but before you set it to flames.. listen.

Considering Storm has had a traumatic recent divorce with BP and has taken on an edgy & tough persona (again)... and also she has been spending a decent amount of her time with Psylocke lately... What if the two of them hooked up or became an item in X-force. (Sometimes, for some women-- once they have had a traumatic relationship with a guy they become lesbian. Why can't Storm do the same--- or at least briefly for a while?)

Would it really be that weird/bad?

I think it would work for a few reasons.

1) Most of us debate which man is acceptable for Storm-- or better yet, if she even needs one because they aren't as powerful as her or strong as her or worthy or whatever.... etc.

2) She doesn't have to go full on lesbian-- Like Buffy in her comics had an encounter with another girl but to call her lesbian is a bit extreme.. And it was decently written.

3) The Mohawk visual look is badass-- BUT Storm could use some more--- interest points to add badass substance to back up her badass image up. And we all know Storm could use the publicity... She has a bit more to go before she returns back to her 80s/90s glory. If you remember-- that Storm was edgy, risque, and would walk around the mansion grounds naked. Personally, I want Storm to continue to surprise us while still being the sexy, amazing icon that she is.

4) As said before-- Storm is a bit of an icon in the gay community when it comes to comics. I am sure she could bridge into this audience at least for a little bit.

5) Storm has a few masculine features. She can roll along side all of the boys-- giving her a girl-- if written well-- could be another amazing strong woman story arc for Storm. Let's face it-- She could always use another one of those.

6) The possibilities are endless. Imagine Forge's reaction when both x-force teams meet up. Imagine Black Panther's reaction. Imagine other x-men's reactions. I would even wager that Storm and Psylocke COULD make a more iconic couple that Black Panther and Storm.

7) X-force is a pretty scandalous/dark/hardcore title- If written well, this could definitely fit the theme well and create an interesting story.

Alright-- Tell me your opinions on this idea. It's better if we bounce ideas around and feedback (no matter how crazy they may be) or else Marvel could act like they are out of ideas for her..... and we have another few years where Storm does absolutely nothing of interest again. So if you find this idea garbage, at least give me points for trying to keep Storm fresh.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Homosexuality doesn't work that way...

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Mercy_

Moving this to the X-Men forum.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poisonfleur

@TheCrowbar said:

In one my classes, (either diversity, psychology or sex education.. I can't remember which one) we watched a video. There was an interview with different people that identify themselves as gay. Two of the woman stated that their sexuality changed over time due to the influences in their lives. And they were in the 30s/40s. It's not unheard of for someone's sexuality to change. It doesn't mean they were gay the whole time-- Somethings in life have impacts on us in different ways. (Sorry for the lecture-- sexuality is my 2nd favorite subject. If you can take the class, Take it! lol)

To be technical-- Not everyone is necessarily 'born that way'.

Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Rickbarry

@Mercy_: Remove it from my memory.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheCrowbar

@poisonfleur: Please go out into the world. I get it, you're young and your teacher's word is gospel still, but that's completely wrong.

Trauma/Drama != F*** I'm going gay.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

Hey, @poisonfleur.

Hey.

Pay attention.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

Be hot, but Betsy has never shown any gay tendencies sadly. Storm on the other hand has a history of bisexual encounters. I would love to see Yukio pop up in Uncanny X-Force from time to time as Ororo's squeeze.

@JonSmith: If your annoyed by something attacking a fictional character to get back at a user isn't a good way to send a message.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By poisonfleur

@TheCrowbar: You are entitled to your own opinion. But generalize and claiming to know & understand how every single person functions while ridiculing my stance on the subject is very biased. Don't tell me that you are one of those people that believes bisexuality isn't real... >_> If so, this conversation is adjourned.

ANYWAYS.. Regardless who is right or wrong on the subject, the point is some people believe that sexuality can be fluid due to experiences in life (whether it's true or not.) For example, in Joss Wedon's run of Runaways-- Karloina Dean's (a lesbian) girlfriend left. During her 'grieving process', she put the moves on her friend Chase. Obviously she didn't bounce back to being straight, but she had a bit of an episode with fluid sexuality. Playing on that concept, Storm and Psylocke together could easily create interesting stories, a plot twist, and could fit well into the theme of x-force and the new direction of MarvelNOW, imo. It doesn't have to be permanent. It could just be a phase.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blood1991 said:

Be hot, but Betsy has never shown any gay tendencies sadly. Storm on the other hand has a history of bisexual encounters. I would love to see Yukio pop up in Uncanny X-Force from time to time as Ororo's squeeze.

@JonSmith: If your annoyed by something attacking a fictional character to get back at a user isn't a good way to send a message.

WHOA--- When did this happen!? I gotta check this out. Was it in X-treme X-men?

& Thanks for having my back. :)

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonSmith

@Blood1991 said:

If your annoyed by something attacking a fictional character to get back at a user isn't a good way to send a message.

Oh, certainly not. But it seemed like a good idea at the time. I didn't even do it out of annoyance, I merely did it because the idea amused me, so I put it on the screen.

That being the case, I apologize if you, or @poisonfleur took offense at my bad joke. Perhaps it was a bad or disproportionate way to show a general disagreement with the stated idea. My bad.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TheCrowbar

@poisonfleur: Wonderful attempt at a strawman! Did you learn that in school too? It's your gross simplification of sexuality I take objection to. I understand comics are plagued with warped understandings of human interactions, but please don't try to expand on it. It's a dumb idea to make happen just out of the blue.

Just so we're clear, yes bisexuality does exist.

And yes, you're still wrong.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@JonSmith: You can't be sure with people these days dude. When Storm is discussed people just go nuts on both ends. Anyway it didn't bother me, personally, but I know others who would have filled your box with "hater comments"

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Man I was working on a thread for this. Spoilers

pretty sure Roro is pansexual

her and Yukio have quite the implied thing going on
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#14  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

: 3

do it....

do it marvel

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Blood1991

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

do it....

do it marvel

I kinda want Marvel to have Storm try and go there and have Betsy react like Jean did.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

@Blood1991 said:

@JonSmith: You can't be sure with people these days dude. When Storm is discussed people just go nuts on both ends. Anyway it didn't bother me, personally, but I know others who would have filled your box with "hater comments"

@poisonfleur said:

@Blood1991 said:

Man I was working on a thread for this. Spoilers

pretty sure Roro is pansexual

her and Yukio have quite the implied thing going on

This scene is awesome and is pretty interesting. I want to read more now, but I doubt this is in tpb.. Yukio and Storm work well together, & I bet their dialogue together must have been magic.

Not to mention the art does them both a lot of justice in the 2nd panel.

@Blood1991 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

do it....

do it marvel

I kinda want Marvel to have Storm try and go there and have Betsy react like Jean did.

HAHAA!! Yes!!! I have never seen this one before either.. Imagine if Misty walked in on the next panel. lol

(I miss Jean and Misty as roommates. ): )

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By poisonfleur

@TheCrowbar said:

@poisonfleur: Wonderful attempt at a strawman! Did you learn that in school too? It's your gross simplification of sexuality I take objection to. I understand comics are plagued with warped understandings of human interactions, but please don't try to expand on it. It's a dumb idea to make happen just out of the blue.

Just so we're clear, yes bisexuality does exist.

And yes, you're still wrong.

Okay then... Go back to living in your box where you are always right.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TheCrowbar

@poisonfleur: You mean Earth. You'll learn about it later in the quarter, if your Professor thinks you're ready for it.

The Toon Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By The Toon Man

It's a possibility but a very thin one at the least. Sure there's the implied stuff like the posted spoilers in this thread but stuff like that is usually subtext without anything truly definite. (and more often than not left up to the individual reader's own interpertation. Writers really love doing that for some reason). There's a chance it could happen but needs a little more solid ground before an absolute answer.

Sides, wasn't there some rumor or so going around with the big wigs considering Wolverine as her new lover?

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it would happen, and I think it would be a bad idea for both characters. To put it bluntly, neither is stable enough for it to work and they would both end up just looking confused at the end of it. While I was researching my response to the 'gay icon' thread, I noticed that while there is some subtext for Storm having a fluid sexuality, there really is nothing on-screen that implies she is bisexual or interested in women. Merely saying that you are open to something and have no issues with it doesn't make you possible to experiment beyond a certain point. If someone has any direct quotes or scans, though, let me know, because I looked at the 2 part Wolverine in Japan story and that scene in the Phalanx covenant. Her and Yukio look like friends. Plus Betsy has never shown any sexual interest in women, and that makes it more unlikely.

So accepting the idea that anything could happen, sure, it would be hot. I just don't think it would happen. Storm MIGHT be more interesting if all of her conflicted feelings were revealed to be due to repressed sexuality, but then again, she might not. Many rebellious people come out as gay, and instead of becoming more "interesting", simply resolve some issues and find peace. That would be a cheap way to generate interest in a character who is a bit of sacred cow.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By poisonfleur

@The Toon Man said:

It's a possibility but a very thin one at the least. Sure there's the implied stuff like the posted spoilers in this thread but stuff like that is usually subtext without anything truly definite. (and more often than not left up to the individual reader's own interpertation. Writers really love doing that for some reason). There's a chance it could happen but needs a little more solid ground before an absolute answer.

Sides, wasn't there some rumor or so going around with the big wigs considering Wolverine as her new lover?

Yes, whatever did happen to that rumor? I saw the picture, and I assumed it might be a cover for Wolverine and the X-men, but nothing ever come to fruition.

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

I don't think it would happen, and I think it would be a bad idea for both characters. To put it bluntly, neither is stable enough for it to work and they would both end up just looking confused at the end of it. While I was researching my response to the 'gay icon' thread, I noticed that while there is some subtext for Storm having a fluid sexuality, there really is nothing on-screen that implies she is bisexual or interested in women. Merely saying that you are open to something and have no issues with it doesn't make you possible to experiment beyond a certain point. If someone has any direct quotes or scans, though, let me know, because I looked at the 2 part Wolverine in Japan story and that scene in the Phalanx covenant. Her and Yukio look like friends. Plus Betsy has never shown any sexual interest in women, and that makes it more unlikely.

So accepting the idea that anything could happen, sure, it would be hot. I just don't think it would happen. Storm MIGHT be more interesting if all of her conflicted feelings were revealed to be due to repressed sexuality, but then again, she might not. Many rebellious people come out as gay, and instead of becoming more "interesting", simply resolve some issues and find peace. That would be a cheap way to generate interest in a character who is a bit of sacred cow.

I can accept this answer. Seems right. Having said that, the whole 'scared cow' archetype Storm has really hurting her character in some ways. It's as if the writers are scared to take risks with her. And from what I hear, it was like pulling teeth to bring back her mohawk. One of the coolest things about Storm in the 80s/90s was she was so racy. Now it seems the writers are scared to cross the line with her. :/

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: It's funny you say that, because I was thinking about posting on the Storm forum about ways to update and make her character a bit more hip and dynamic. So far, my favorite version of Storm is the Ultimate version because the background is streamlined and from where she began to where she currently is, there is a definite progression. In some ways, less complex characters like Susan Storm or Janet Van Dyne are easier to update because their backgrounds are very simple. Monica Rambeau and Storm were specifically created to be strong characters and once their creators or fan-writers left, the characters were not always treated kindly by other creative teams.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@poisonfleur: Nothing came to fruition simply because the issue hasn't even been released yet. Go figure.

There's also an interview with Sam Humphries (Ororo's PRIMARY writer) talking about that cover, and for some reason, he's remaining awfully tight-lipped about what's going between the two. But Logan can fock off, tho.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By poisonfleur

@PhoenixoftheTides: You really should. I know the people of Marvel come to comicvine-- I think a lot of us her would have some fresh ideas for her. I am getting sick of certain writers making Storm seem like this stiff 2 dimensional character who just shoots lightning. Crossing the line is good for comic characters.

@AgeofHurricane: Interesting you say that... Makes me wonder if they have something planned-- or if they just simply have no idea where to go from here. LOL

Personally, I believe cages should be rattled in MarvelNOW. And they should continue with the theme of unforgivable & scandalous actions-- while still being somewhat in character.

Off and On-topic: I think Storm is better of being the dominate one in a relationship. That would do her character justice. When she is written to be with guys, there is a problem-- it's awkward, because she is such a Boss character it seems as if nobody can meet her standards from a readers point of view. Every guy Storm has been with I always ask myself 'Can he really handle Storm???' So matching her up with Psylocke could allow her to be dominate and it be more acceptable for a general readers audience, IMO. Although this Yukio topic/chemistry interests me.. That would seem more natural than her and Psylocke together.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By kiss_lamia

@Blood1991 said:

Yup i remember this clearly her and Yukio defo had some chemistry in the Uncanny days, also in X-Treme X-Men there was alot of subtext between her and Callisto of the morlocks too.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By poisonfleur

@kiss_lamia said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yup i remember this clearly her and Yukio defo had some chemistry in the Uncanny days, also in X-Treme X-Men there was alot of subtext between her and Callisto of the morlocks too.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHA!! @ 'You came out of the closet?'

And I find it funny how Cal's tentacles are ALL over Storm and Yukio-- But oh wait 'they have a mind of their own' And it's even funnier how Storm and Yukio don't mind! lol

It's official Storm is bi-- or very very very close to being so. lol

(side note: Everyone hated Storm: The Arena... :( I thought it was a fun Storm story. It reminded me of Storm taking on Rihanna's S&M video. lol)

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By cameron83

@TheCrowbar said:

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Undersexed fanboys would lose their nut...literally

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#29  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'd die a little. My hopes and dreams of Psylocke and Emma would be ruined.

PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur: I hated Storm: The Arena, because it was fanservice and a glorified fan wank of the lowest order, IMHO. And the art was ugly.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@PhoenixoftheTides said:

@poisonfleur: I hated Storm: The Arena, because it was fanservice and a glorified fan wank of the lowest order, IMHO. And the art was ugly.

I thought people disliked it mainly because of the latter...not exactly sure where the former's coming from.

Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Crash_Recovery

You have quite the imagination...you're...15?

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tomchu

This sounds like fanfiction material.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#34  Edited By x_29

Perverted Answer: OH YES,YES!!!

Serious answer: I do not think it would work or would make sense.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PassionFlower

I thought Storm/Pyslocke was where they were heading from all the hints dropped about their friendship but Aaron seems to have other things in mind.

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By UltraBiel

I hope this doesn't happen!

Timandm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37  Edited By Timandm

@JonSmith said:

Hey, @poisonfleur.

Hey.

Pay attention.

Hmmm... Spider-Man and Storm..... I LIKE IT!!!!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By poisonfleur

@PassionFlower said:

I thought Storm/Pyslocke was where they were heading from all the hints dropped about their friendship but Aaron seems to have other things in mind.

They always seem to be close but never seem to be homegurls like her and Jean were. Heck Psylocke even joined Storm's team when she split from the x-men way back.... and then died.. :/

I did not like that... anywho, I am digging the Storm and Yukio thing a little better than the Storm and Psylocke thing now. Speaking of which-- Where has Yukio been in the past 5 years?

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By PassionFlower

@poisonfleur: I could be wrong but I was under the impression they killed off Yukio (not that that matters because they always come back) you know Logan is the kiss of death to any woman who gets involved with him.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#40  Edited By Teerack

Then the writer of X-Foce will have found the only thing that could make me like Storm and Pyslocke less.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By jrock85

I approve.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#42  Edited By Son Of Storm

@god_spawn said:

How did your mind even come up this?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Son Of Storm said:

@god_spawn said:

Do we even have to ask that question?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#44  Edited By Mercy_

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand here comes Fade with his weirdo foursome ideas.

Mieux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Mieux

If Betsy is getting bi-curious with anyone in the new UXF, it's gonna be Cluster.

Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By Son Of Storm

@god_spawn said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@god_spawn said:

Do we even have to ask that question?

You have a strange mind......I love it.

But those two. That would be one relationship for the records.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#47  Edited By Magian

@Mieux said:

If Betsy is getting bi-curious with anyone in the new UXF, it's gonna be Cluster.

Ohh come on. Can't it be a threesome of sorts with Betsy being unable to choose between Cluster and Storm?

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By Magian

And to please GS, have Emma as a guest star :P

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chasereis

I really dont see this happening at all. It just isnt in either of their characters, based on their history. I think it is best for it to remain buried in the "Slash" world forever. But I would totally read it...as long as it was NOT in a marvel imprint.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HAWK2916

Personally I dont care for the gay stuff in comics

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.