Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Monet!!!!!

• 56 results
    McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Yeah. I'm a fan of Jubilee, Chamber, Husk, and M especially. I liked Skin and Synch too, when they were part of the group, but I don't miss them particularly now.

I loved all of their quirks and relationships!

yeah. they were like the New Mutants of my generation..

... -_- ...

really.

same way i feel about them lol

Really... well I was born in '92 and consider The New Mutants to be the new mutants and Generation X as generation x. Each one has its own entirety and world, and comparing them is like comparing Liefeld's X-Force with Remender's X-Force, both are hard-edged books, both featured the newest and best art of its time (arguably), both displayed aggression and task-force like missions. But their difference contributes more than their shared qualities. Remender's X-Force was a black-ops killing crew that took care of threats too dangerous for the mutant race to face head on, while Liefeld's X-Force dealt with military-man Cable tutoring willing young heroes into becoming a militant task-force.

I think what you misunderstand is that me and Nightcrawler are saying hmm, see i was born in 82, so when i read Gen X i was a teenager, i related to the characters on more of a personal basis then i did the new Mutants. The New Mutants were relatable to teens from there era, and Gen X teens of my era, yes they are each their own unique and awesome entity and i loved the New Mutants for what they were, but i relate more on a personal level with the Gen X. By the time i read the New Mutants they were X force and they were really teens any more. I knew characters that acted like Skin, or Monet for example, the whole point of "school books" are to relate to the teen and preteen readers, get them attached to certain characters and grow with them. LIke many of the posters here love the Anole, Rockslide, Ect class and for the same reason

And what you and oldnightcrawler seem not to understand is exactly what you said above: "They are each their own unique and awesome entity." That's all I was trying to convey. Nothing more nothing less. It's awesome to hear what you relate to more but it's not relevant to what we were talking about.

'

I think what i said was merely trying to explain why we consider them "The New Mutants" of our generation, i kind of explained in what way we were comparing (as a teen group that relates to younger readers) and then admitted that while they were alike in this way, thus the reason we were comparing them that they were still different enough not to be just a lame rip off, so i kind of think even though you may still not agree with me what i said was extremely relevant. I mean after all the topic was "why me and nightcrawler considered them the New Mutants of our Generation" and what i explained (or at least attempted to) was how they were indeed the new mutants of our generation (notice the caps in the first one signaling the name of the team, and the lack of those caps in second use of the term signaling the more literal term of being mutants that are new)

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@mcklayn said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Yeah. I'm a fan of Jubilee, Chamber, Husk, and M especially. I liked Skin and Synch too, when they were part of the group, but I don't miss them particularly now.

I loved all of their quirks and relationships!

yeah. they were like the New Mutants of my generation..

... -_- ...

really.

same way i feel about them lol

Really... well I was born in '92 and consider The New Mutants to be the new mutants and Generation X as generation x. Each one has its own entirety and world, and comparing them is like comparing Liefeld's X-Force with Remender's X-Force, both are hard-edged books, both featured the newest and best art of its time (arguably), both displayed aggression and task-force like missions. But their difference contributes more than their shared qualities. Remender's X-Force was a black-ops killing crew that took care of threats too dangerous for the mutant race to face head on, while Liefeld's X-Force dealt with military-man Cable tutoring willing young heroes into becoming a militant task-force.

I think what you misunderstand is that me and Nightcrawler are saying hmm, see i was born in 82, so when i read Gen X i was a teenager, i related to the characters on more of a personal basis then i did the new Mutants. The New Mutants were relatable to teens from there era, and Gen X teens of my era, yes they are each their own unique and awesome entity and i loved the New Mutants for what they were, but i relate more on a personal level with the Gen X. By the time i read the New Mutants they were X force and they were really teens any more. I knew characters that acted like Skin, or Monet for example, the whole point of "school books" are to relate to the teen and preteen readers, get them attached to certain characters and grow with them. LIke many of the posters here love the Anole, Rockslide, Ect class and for the same reason

And what you and oldnightcrawler seem not to understand is exactly what you said above: "They are each their own unique and awesome entity." That's all I was trying to convey. Nothing more nothing less. It's awesome to hear what you relate to more but it's not relevant to what we were talking about.

'

I think what i said was merely trying to explain why we consider them "The New Mutants" of our generation, i kind of explained in what way we were comparing (as a teen group that relates to younger readers) and then admitted that while they were alike in this way, thus the reason we were comparing them that they were still different enough not to be just a lame rip off, so i kind of think even though you may still not agree with me what i said was extremely relevant. I mean after all the topic was "why me and nightcrawler considered them the New Mutants of our Generation" and what i explained (or at least attempted to) was how they were indeed the new mutants of our generation (notice the caps in the first one signaling the name of the team, and the lack of those caps in second use of the term signaling the more literal term of being mutants that are new)

Sorry, my fault. Wrong thread... We have another sparring in another thread. Same topic... kind of.

Actually the topic was between me and oldnightcrawler originally... and we were discussing the differences between The New Mutants and Generation X.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Sorry, my fault. Wrong thread... We have another sparring in another thread. Same topic... kind of.

Actually the topic was between me and oldnightcrawler originally... and we were discussing the differences between The New Mutants and Generation X.

Actually, you were talking about the differences; I was talking about the similarities.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

@papad1992 said:

Actually, you were talking about the differences; I was talking about the similarities.

All im saying is bring back a Gen X book! Like they did with the New Mutants lol like a few times now

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@papad1992 said:

Thus forming two sides of a conversation...

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcklayn said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

@papad1992 said:

All im saying is bring back a Gen X book! Like they did with the New Mutants lol like a few times now

The last New Mutants incarnation was really bad... and then when they "got a house in a neighborhood" is when it got even worse!.... *sigh* They should have stepped forward with those characters, not 4 steps back!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.