Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman Feats

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"she's no Flash by any means but she's faster than a speeding bullet".

Why is it generally accepted that Superman is as fast as Flash...but not Wonder Woman

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is it generally accepted that Superman is as fast as Flash...but not Wonder Woman

She honestly should be able to match even slightly surpass Flash in reaction time/combat speed, with training and god given speed and all.

I'm actually surprised he didn't mention Diana's feats of tagging or lassoing Flash actually.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@masterwitcher88:

Nah I think Flash is faster than both Supes and WW. He just sometimes doesn't know how powerful he is or sometimes is scared to go as fast as he can.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Archizooom

@masterwitcher88: The video sort of made it seem like Diana's greatest feat of speed is deflecting HV, further perpetuating the notion that she's nowhere near as fast as Flash or Superman, I mean he flat out said it. This "lie" has been told so much, it's become the truth, I feared it would creep into the movies and, sure enough, it did

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: Sure going from point A to point B Flash is unquestionably faster then both but fighting speed and reflexes are different. I didn't say flat out faster either just at times slightly surpass him based on training and reflexes.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: That's what I hate. I don't really care if Diana can match flash in travel speed or if she can bench press 100% of things superman does. But her combat speed and striking power should match or even surpass the other two.

Don't get me wrong. I want her to be every bit as powerful as she was in the golden age (multi-planet/MFTL). But she doesn't need to overpower opponets; not when she has grappling, throws, etc.

MorbusGrav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MorbusGrav

Since when is Superman nearly as fast as Flash?

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: That's what I hate. I don't really care if Diana can match flash in travel speed or if she can bench press 100% of things superman does. But her combat speed and striking power should match or even surpass the other two.

Don't get me wrong. I want her to be every bit as powerful as she was in the golden age (multi-planet/MFTL). But she doesn't need to overpower opponets; not when she has grappling, throws, etc.

Ditto

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jphulk26

@jphulk26: Sure going from point A to point B Flash is unquestionably faster then both but fighting speed and reflexes are different. I didn't say flat out faster either just at times slightly surpass him based on training and reflexes.

dude flash is faster in every way than both characters. To me its clear if u think of what Flash can do with his powers, he's easily the most powerful member of the Justice League.

That's the irony of the character for me. He just has no idea of how powerful he is.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jphulk26: that’s wishful thinking. Flash has a few great tricks, but realistically he isn’t able to use his powers to a degree that enable him to do much without destroying everything in his path.

masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl said:

@jphulk26: that’s wishful thinking. Flash has a few great tricks, but realistically he isn’t able to use his powers to a degree that enable him to do much without destroying everything in his path.

Look ask any physicist! If u can travel several times the speed of light the way Flash can the thing u can do are literally insane. That kind of power beyond imagination. For instance he can hit an object with the force of near infinite mass. If he ran fast enough, he could literally shatter Superman like glass by just tapping him with his finger.

Flash is so OP and I think writers who get that when writing JL make the best stories,

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.