Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Wonder Woman 18 Preview

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dshipp17  Online

Seems like Rucka can't make up his mind about who this Adrianna character should be; first, it could have been Veronica's real name; when someone disagreed with me, it was a nameless character, just to make me look wrong in saying that Veronica was clearly being spoken to in Issue 13; now, Adrianna is Dr. Cyber, when Cyber was a separate character, since issue 13 until now. But, nothing remarkable in this preview except it's set more than a year after the issue 16 conclusion (e.g. Wonder Woman dressed as if she's a prude). Perhaps some excitement is in store somewhere in the rest of this issue.

No Caption Provided

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Archizooom

Maru was speaking to Dr.Cyber aka Adrianna in issue 13, she's the shape-shifting hologram girl that answered the phone

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dshipp17  Online

@archizooom said:

Maru was speaking to Dr.Cyber aka Adrianna in issue 13, she's the shape-shifting hologram girl that answered the phone

I'm only going by what I saw in the panels at the time issue 13 was released, not some later explanation for the panel (and, you should have pointed that out back at the release of issue 13, with evidence of a hologram and not the clear two-way conversation taking place, at that time); at the time, the only person visible in that panel was Veronica (and her two dogs); from there, it was very clear that the conversation was two way: between Maru and Veronica; if he actually intended that there be a three way conversation (at that time, not after the fact), there were very clear ways of doing that too; obviously, I was quite correct and adjustments were made later (e.g. the only thing that was turning out to be artificial, at that time, was the Sasha character, but, only because I was so clearly right, that she was under mind control in the prior issue, and theorized that Dr. Psycho was finally arriving; than, Dr. Cyber was presented out of left field, and Rucka proceeded to adjust it that way, after previously giving clues that Dr. Psycho was arriving). From the panel, Maru was obviously calling Veronica Adrianna and there was not a two way conversation (e.g. Adrianna would have had to shape-shifted into Veronica and fooled her two dogs; now, well after the fact, in this preview, she's a shape-shifter, but, this could only have been speculated in issue 13; only thing that's variable is the writer's adjustments, after the fact).

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17: I was a little bit confused too but I'm telling you, it was Dr. Cyber that answered the phone, and she's in the panel though she looks like a lamp which is why you overlooked her

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@archizooom: Honestly I think dshipp17 is %#@$ing with us, nobody is that stubborn or obtuse. Maybe you could kind of be confused about Dr. Adrianna Anderson/Dr. Cyber in the beginning, but not after all these issues and her origin story.

Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scorpio_cassadine: Yeah, first I was confused too but I think it's abundantly obvious now

dshipp17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dshipp17  Online

@scorpio_cassadine: Yeah, first I was confused too but I think it's abundantly obvious now

What are you trying to agree with? That guy isn't doing anything but making a fantasy comment; follow the timeline; I'm not talking about what we know now, I'm talking about what was known back in issue 13 and that is quite clear in everything written in this thread; these are after the fact adjustments. Nothing in that issue showed a talking lamp, it showed Veronica talking in the room and Maru answering on the outside. Don't make things up and claim that you made a point that you didn't or no one else either.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dshipp17 said:
    @archizooom said:

What are you trying to agree with? That guy isn't doing anything but making a fantasy comment; follow the timeline; I'm not talking about what we know now, I'm talking about what was known back in issue 13 and that is quite clear in everything written in this thread; these are after the fact adjustments. Nothing in that issue showed a talking lamp, it showed Veronica talking in the room and Maru answering on the outside. Don't make things up and claim that you made a point that you didn't or no one else either.

dude ... Cyber was being foreshadowed since like issue 5 or something ... you are the ONLY person who found it surprising that it was her behind Sasha and not Psycho ... most of us on here noted it was some version of Cyber from almost the first realization that Sasha was under someones control.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.