Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8808 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Why it couldn't be Wonder Woman?

somayareece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just trolling but still lol. I think the news about Superman getting replaced is a bit shocking to all of us but things happen. What if it was Gal Gadot that was out of the DCEU? Would you be upset or suprised? Would you already have a different actress in mind for her replacement? Post below.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Negotiations broke down, I think he's really gone. It sucks because he was a much better Superman than Gal Gadot is a Wonder Woman.

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@somayareece said:

I'm just trolling but still lol. I think the news about Superman getting replaced is a bit shocking to all of us but things happen. What if it was Gal Gadot that was out of the DCEU? Would you be upset or suprised? Would you already have a different actress in mind for her replacement? Post below.

All they have to do is bring a hotter actress with bigger mammary glands for average DC fans to forgot Gal Gadot. (That was the main reason for backlash when she was casted) Gal Gadot portrayal is definitely not iconic like Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr.

She did an OK job as Wonder Woman and unlike Henry Cavil she did not have to compete with the definitive portrayal by a previous Wonder Woman actress.

Avatar image for theinsufferable
    TheInsufferable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Gal Gadot's portrayal of Wonder Woman was mediocre. Not bad, but nothing irreplaceable either.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don’t like her as Diana

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@somayareece said:

All they have to do is bring a hotter actress with bigger mammary glands for average DC fans to forgot Gal Gadot. (That was the main reason for backlash when she was casted) Gal Gadot portrayal is definitely not iconic like Christopher Reeve, Robert Downey Jr.

She did an OK job as Wonder Woman and unlike Henry Cavil she did not have to compete with the definitive portrayal by a previous Wonder Woman actress.

It's not her lack of mammary glands, it's the fact she looks nothing like Wonder Woman. Which is unlike this definitive portrayal she still hasn't matched and is unable to.

No Caption Provided
    Archizooom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her acting does leave a lot to be desired but she made up for it with how lovable and charming she was in Wonder Woman. In Justice League and BvS though, not so much. Gal can only play herself but it works for Wonder Woman

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She doesn't look like Wonder Woman. Henry Cavil was Superman come to life, appearance wise he could have been born to play him. Dean Cain? Not so much, though he's equally as handsome and may be as successful in the role, he doesn't really look like Superman. Coloring is important, so are Wonder Woman's blue eyes. Gal Gadot is the Dean Cain of the DCEU.

And don't get me started on her husky voice and guttural accent (the other Amazons had to copy because she apparently can't "act" without it) those aren't Wonder Woman-like either.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@geraldofvengerberg said:
    @somayareece said:

It's not her lack of mammary glands, it's the fact she looks nothing like Wonder Woman. Which is unlike this definitive portrayal she still hasn't matched and is unable to.

No Caption Provided

Which I find funny, because Carter had two deflated tennisballs for mammery glands, dressed like it was cheap cosplay, and her portrayal threw away most of the aspects that actually made the character Wonder Woman... but some people just need a pretty face and a tiara.

SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look, Hurricane Florence wants to rain on my parade. That's a no go Flo, Lynda Carter's breasts are legendary.

No Caption Provided

And the Donfeld costume is quite literally superhero haute couture.

No Caption Provided

If you were anything other than over hyped wind and hot water you'd know these things Flo. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.