Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Where does Wonder Woman rank in terms of power levels in the DC Film Universe?

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Where does Wonder Woman rank in terms of power levels in the DC Film Universe? (15 votes)

She´s more powerful than Batman, Superman, Shazam, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg? 0%
    She´s more powerful than Batman, Shazam, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg? 27%
    She´s more powerful than Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg? 40%
    She´s more powerful than Aquaman, Cyborg? 20%
    She´s more powerful than Cyborg? 7%
    She´s the least powerful and or affective member of the team. Black Widow Status! 7%

It just occurred to me after watching the tremendous 2 trailers for Aquaman and Shazam, that in terms of power levels and skills to defeat other team members, Wonder Woman may have been Black Widowed in the Justice League! Really thanks to Whedon or Zack and their obsession with making Superman look OP, so Batman looks badass when he defeats Superman, so they basically took WW flight powers and made her not as strong as she could be, plus her God Killer sword is not as OP in the comics.

I had hopes at the end of WW that her other more mystical and Godly powers were leveling her up, so she would be equal to Superman and Batman in everyway, as a trinity member. However it is clear from her battle with Superman that she is much closer to Aquaman strength than Supes and Shazam. Since Aquaman now has all his sea powers that makes her far weaker than Aquaman. Since Batman can beat Supes, we can presume he can BatGod his way into defeating WW somehow. Flash for me is potentially the most powerful member of JL if they actually stuck to the comics, but if not he certainly is second after Supes since Supes was the only one who could see him at superspeed… So among the main superheroes in DC´s film Universe realistically where would you put wonder woman in terms of power and necessity for the team from what we´ve seen of her onscreen?

I include Batman, Superman, Shazam, Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg.

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-60e0c61aba21e
    deactivated-60e0c61aba21e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what a load of crap,batman can defeat superman?,seriously!!!

Avatar image for geraldofvengerberg
    Geraldofvengerberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

From the trailer it seems below Aquaman.

Shazam power level is unknown so can't comment on that.

I hope WW84 change that but considering the villains in the movie and the fact it takes place before BVS and Justice league, not very optimistic.

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't Aquaman like twice as strong or twice as powerful underwater or something like that? Shouldn't we divide that submarine feat by 2?

Still I think she's been Black Widowed.

jphulk26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mowjack said:

what a load of crap,batman can defeat superman?,seriously!!!

According to the films he´s "strategically" able to either subdue or even kill Superman! And I can assure you they are going to use the BS Tower Of Babel in eventually. So many Batman fanboys in WB DC. Its all they know. They don´t truly believe in any other character, which is why they´ve been slow to capitalise on wonder woman´s success.

TrueThemyscira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueThemyscira

WW is below Aquaman in strength/power level in the DCEU it seems. She doesn't have any feats that are near the submarine feat.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.