Follow

Wonder Woman

Character » Wonder Woman appears in 8809 issues.

The Amazon princess, blessed with god-like super abilities, Wonder Woman is one of Earth's most powerful defenders of peace, justice, and equality and a member of the Justice League. She is considered an archetype for many heroines outside of comic book. Her initial origin depicted her as a clay baby brought to life by patron goddess Aphrodite, but in recent years she has been depicted as the daughter of Zeus and Amazon queen Hippolyta.

Diana and Donna's Relationship (Titans Annual Spoiler)

Avatar image for masterwitcher88
    masterwitcher88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The ending is what surprised me, I didn't think they would choose that origin for Donna. Or is that part of the illusion as well? Diana's mythos is so confusing right now.

I think I just need some more guidance with her on her solo run.

Agent_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not entirely convinced this isn't a red herring.

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So much is so wrong with this story. The most powerful and influential heroes and their mentees are not very concerned with the missing DC years. How do the Amazon false memory implants fit so well into the Titans restored memories? How does Donna, created from Hippolytus' remains, exist simultaneously as the very well & alive Hippolyta in the current WW storyline "Truth"?

Speaking of which, WW currently believes she has never been back to Paradise Island since she left initially with Steve-- so how did any of these events with Donna occur!?

Plus-- even in this story's flashback- Donna is "created" fully grown up so how was lil Donna part of the Teen Titans?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sinisteri: I think we are going to find out that this Donna may well be the original version who was rescued by the Amazons and empowered by the Purple Ray ... the other might well be a false memory implant and since Titans Hunt Donna doesn't seem to really remember being the hot mess version the Finches created

Jakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: Nah, we have definitive evidence from Batman that Donna isn't organic, and an explanation by Diana stating it was because she was made from clay. Even if Diana shouldn't know Donna's origin, it's confirmed by Batman that Donna is not organic, so the only reasonable thing is that she was indeed made from clay as Diana said.

Also, in the end Titans Hunt, Donna explicitly introduces herself as the Fate of the Gods, which means she does remember the events during Finch's run on Wonder Woman. During the run, the 3 Fates of Greek Mythology died and Donna took their place. So clearly Donna remembers.

Basically, I'm thinking this Annual story was designed to lead into an eventual Donna Origin arc, maybe just a one-shot. But what's clear is Donna was created from clay, and I believe there will be a story soon that will explain how Donna's origin fits into the continuity.

Batvibe12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Donna's history will and always be messed up.

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jakai: this also took place before the revelations in the solo title. Also note that Donna has changed her outfit and embraced being Diana's mentee, which is flat out impossible if she was truly created by the false Amazons. Rebirth is more than hinting that Donna existed years before her clay birth origin and they have even made it clear in Titans Hunt that all of the Mentees and Mentors had a back story that has yet to be reveled. Personally I'm taking a wait and see approach because Rebirth is a hot mess of continuity right now.

Jakai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: She did have false memories implanted in her, which can explain why she embraced being Diana's mentee. And I'm not saying her origin doesn't make sense, but she what is absolutely true right now is that Donna is NOT organic. That only leads to her being made of clay. Any other origins she's had would make her organic.

I agree she must've been made before, at least 5-6 years before the current time, since she was a Teen Titan. But what has to be true still is that she was made of clay. I'm just thinking she was made of clay 5-6 years ago is all

Sinisteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Sinisteri

@csg_cl: true. This story is inconsistent on so many levels. Diana even comments that Donna looks so real as if she had never seen her after all that extensive brainwashing she signed off on. WW, avatar of truth, behind a big lie!

As for as the clay situation, Donna has been made of clay before. When Byrne said she was a magicked double of Diana brought to life- Donna was essentially a clone of a being made of clay. This may have been touched on in the Clayface story with WW and Donna years ago.

My problem with the current clay origin is that the clay involved was the melted down stone remains of Hippolyta who appears to be well and alive in the present day WW book. Also, that origin story involved a baby and the clay. The baby was human.

If the characters in the book accepted Donna was WW's mentee, does that mean they were also all given false memories by the "missing" Amazons?

CSG_CL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csg_cl: true. This story is inconsistent on so many levels. Diana even comments that Donna looks so real as if she had never seen her after all that extensive brainwashing she signed off on. WW, avatar of truth, behind a big lie!

As for as the clay situation, Donna has been made of clay before. When Byrne said she was a magicked double of Diana brought to life- Donna was essentially a clone of a being made of clay. This may have been touched on in the Clayface story with WW and Donna years ago.

My problem with the current clay origin is that the clay involved was the melted down stone remains of Hippolyta who appears to be well and alive in the present day WW book. Also, that origin story involved a baby and the clay. The baby was human.

If the characters in the book accepted Donna was WW's mentee, does that mean they were also all given false memories by the "missing" Amazons?

exactly the problem. Donna clearly still has some of the Finch origin around her as she called herself the Fate of the Gods, but she was just as clearly NOT created by Derinoe and the witch, since she was obviously alive and active as a Titan before the events of her N52 creation. Good news here is that we're talking magic so it's easy enough to explain away the Finch birth as just a side show to gain control of Donna Troy (who perhaps was born of clay on the real Themyscira and fell into the hands of the Faux-mazons). Sadly poor Donna is going to end up with yet another convoluted origin/backstory.

NewWorldOrder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wasn't expected at all.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think whomever is responsible for Femyscira brought Donna Troy into the illusion as well for some unknown reason.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I gave up on the series because I've always hated Steve Trevor, but based on what I've heard WW's continuity is so messed up right now. Did Rucka hate the WW/SM romance that much he needed to do mental gymnastics to erase everything? Hell, even Superman's story, who they had to alter the universe to fit him in, seems like it to make more sense than whatever's going on with Wondy.

Avatar image for scorpio_cassadine
    SCORPIO_CASSADINE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

I gave up on the series because I've always hated Steve Trevor, but based on what I've heard WW's continuity is so messed up right now. Did Rucka hate the WW/SM romance that much he needed to do mental gymnastics to erase everything? Hell, even Superman's story, who they had to alter the universe to fit him in, seems like it to make more sense than whatever's going on with Wondy.

The Superman/Wonder Woman romance wasn't the problem, the evil Amazons were. Calling it all a lie was the simplest route to fix the major damage done to her mythos.

Nothing could be as complicated as the red and blue energy, multiple Supermen merging and requiring a total rewrite of continuity though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.