New Wolverine Movie: Good Idea or Bad?

• 67 results
#1 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh Jackman is making a new Wolverine movie and I think that it is a very good idea.

#2 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#3 Posted by Sling Shot (3560 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wolverine has had enough movies with X1-X3. But if done with great care it could be... aight.

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm.... not sure...

it depends what the storyline is like, and what villains they're pitting him against...

could go either way, i'll probably see it anyway just to see what it's like

M

#5 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i say he stays in the X movies.

#6 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it is a good story at least. As long as they avoid abything like the George Clooney Batman I'll see it.

#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

So they are making X4? Basicly they decided to compeltly get rid of the others instead of it just being mostly about him.

#8 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

i believe it to be a good idea because theirs stuff they havnt explored and if they arnt making any more xmen movies they need to do this for wolverine but also others

#9 Posted by Blahr (132 posts) - - Show Bio

On Marvel a long time ago they poste a bunch of movies they are doing. They were also suppost to do one for Magento. The big thing though was them doing a movie for each of the original avengers and Cap and then doing an Avengers movie.

#10 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually an Avengers movie would be interesting. I'm hyped about the Wolverine one simply because I really like Hugh Jackman's portrayal of the guy

#11 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, He's already been the main character of 3 movies, does he need another??

#12 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

methos says:

"hmmm.... not sure... it depends what the storyline is like, and what villains they're pitting him against... could go either way, i'll probably see it anyway just to see what it's like M"

I've heard that the movie is goin' to be about his life before and after the XMen movies. They're bringin' back the guy who played William Striker, Sabretooth, Lady Deathstrike, and other people. He is supposedly supposed to discover what his life was like before the implants that were done about fifteen years ago. This is all that I've heard so far.

#13 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool to me, I thought Hugh Jackman made a sweet Wolverine.

#14 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait till it comes out next year! I'm excited!

#15 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I am more excited about Iron Man next year. That should be awsome.

#16 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt even know about that one.

#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks pretty neat! I think I'll like it!

#19 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a Wolverine movie could be real good, but I think he needs his costume. Also, it'll be a perfect excuse for Deadpool and other Weapon-Xers to show up.

#20 Posted by Twilight Keyblader (98 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool, if done properly.

#21 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"I think a Wolverine movie could be real good, but I think he needs his costume. Also, it'll be a perfect excuse for Deadpool and other Weapon-Xers to show up."

They don't really want to do the whole spandex thing cause it would just look aweful on the actors. That's just what I've heard.

#22 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Baby Girl says:

"DEADPOOL says:
"I think a Wolverine movie could be real good, but I think he needs his costume. Also, it'll be a perfect excuse for Deadpool and other Weapon-Xers to show up."

They don't really want to do the whole spandex thing cause it would just look aweful on the actors. That's just what I've heard."

I'm not argueing, spandex only looks good in comics. But they could re-design his leather duds, or at least hive him his mask.

#23 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

an excellent idea

10 points for MARVEL

WOLVERINTE is the character but grateful of the X-MEN this for sure will have good box office

#24 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah! I agree with the mask thing. I think it'll be cool, but I also looked at an interview of Hugh Jackman and I heard that they will probably use the same costumes as in the XMen Trilogy.

#25 Posted by Bloodpulse (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if they explain wolverines fucked up life before the weapon x program would be insane!!!

#26 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Bloodpulse says:

"I think if they explain wolverines fucked up life before the weapon x program would be insane!!!"

Damn dawg, you dont have to drop the f bomb.

#27 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

exactly! it should be illegal to use it like that! (just playin' w/ ya, but still i didn't like it)

#28 Posted by Machival (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I definatly think a Wolverine Movie would be a good idea. Wolverine had posibly the coolest and most interesting history out of the X men (mainly coz it's the longest). theyre also doing a Magneto spin off too I heard... But i think wolvie's will be better.

On a slightly off-topic note, I think they should do a Deadpool movie befor they introduce him with Weapon X, other wise the general non comic reading public woul djust be like "Who's the crazy guy in the body suit?".

#29 Posted by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

Machival says:

"I think they should do a Deadpool movie before they introduce him with Weapon X, other wise the general non comic reading public would just be like "Who's the crazy guy in the body suit?"."

The same could be said about a solo Deadpool movie. If people are introduced to Deadpool in the Wolverine movie (which everyone's gonna see), then a solo Deadpool movie would have a bigger chance of success... possibly even demanded, but only if Deadpool's written correctly. However, a properly written Deadpool would probably steal the movie out from underneath Wolverine (kinda like what Wolverine did in the X-Men movies).

#30 Posted by Octagon Enigma (2121 posts) - - Show Bio

This is not a good idea or bad... it's GREAT! By giving Wolvie a solo spinoff, this opens more doors for other team characters having solo spinoffs. Personally, I'd love to see an AoA movie. Yeah, go spending millions on Special FX for Holocaust!

#31 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

spiderman621 says:

"So they are making X4? Basicly they decided to compeltly get rid of the others instead of it just being mostly about him."

No! It's a Wolverine Spinnoff!

#32 Posted by Machival (20 posts) - - Show Bio

theyre doing a magneto spin off too but that for another forum...

#33 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Machival says:

"I definatly think a Wolverine Movie would be a good idea. Wolverine had posibly the coolest and most interesting history out of the X men (mainly coz it's the longest). theyre also doing a Magneto spin off too I heard... But i think wolvie's will be better. On a slightly off-topic note, I think they should do a Deadpool movie befor they introduce him with Weapon X, other wise the general non comic reading public woul djust be like "Who's the crazy guy in the body suit?"."

It'll definately be a hundred times better, I think.

#34 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

They need Omega Red!

#35 Posted by Baby Girl (63 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be one of the better criminals for Wolverine to face in a battle to the death. That's a good idea! Any ideas about the costume design?

#36 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Baby Girl says:

"He'd be one of the better criminals for Wolverine to face in a battle to the death. That's a good idea! Any ideas about the costume design?"

He'd still have to have his life draining tentacles. Sweetness.

#37 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Pontius (346 posts) - - Show Bio

Copycat says:

"I think this movie would be bearsafe."

Do you wear a helmet or something?

#39 Posted by MadMagwi (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down for a Wolverine solo movie, but the only thing I don't like about Hugh Jackman is his height... Don't get me wrong, he makes an awesome Wolverine. But Wolverine isn't 6'2". I think he's about 5'3" or 5'4". An interesting person to get to play him would be Danzig. That would be awesome.

#40 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

a wolverine movie could be interesting...

couldn't be as bad as the travesty that was X3 lol

welcome to the vine MadMagwi :D

M

#41 Posted by Blue Nighty (374 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this could also be a good or bad idea depending on storyline and enemies. I also think it would be cool to have him meet deadpool and fight omega or you know what.....find nightcrawler in weapon x. That could explain his abscencce (cuz the official game was retarted). Mabye they could show scenes of wolverines first mission.....trying kill the incredible Hulk!!

#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

DEADPOOL says:

"Baby Girl says:
"DEADPOOL says:

They don't really want to do the whole spandex thing cause it would just look aweful on the actors. That's just what I've heard."

I'm not argueing, spandex only looks good in comics. But they could re-design his leather duds, or at least hive him his mask."

ummm.... i'll disagree here Deadpool...

Spandex looks damn good in real life too lol

M

#43 Posted by Lethal Shadow (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Wolverine so I'm excited for the movie. Also, I'd pay to see Hugh Jackman in spandex but according to the producers and others of the X-men movies they decided that spandex would not only look a little awkward on some of them, but they wanted them to be more human, and easier to relate to. So they gave them a more subtle uniform. The trim on its yellow though....

#44 Posted by Matze Voltazz (3 posts) - - Show Bio

The only two good things about the X-Men Movies were Magneto played by Gandalf lol and Wolverine by Jackman. At least in the Wolverine spin-off, Jackman will play his part, but Gandalf won't be in the Magneto Spin off, because he's to old (It's gonna be a origin story). In Wizard Megazine they wrote that there probably will be a Thor, a Silver Surfer, a JLA, a Watchmen and a second Superman movie, so I'm very exited about what the future will bring. The new Hulk, Iron Man and the new Batman suit all look awesome, I hope the movies are gonna be good too.

#45 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#46 Posted by phage (365 posts) - - Show Bio

well if they do make a wolverine movie in how are they going to fit sabertooth. i mean in the first movie when wolverine and sabertooth first met up they looked like they never seen each other before and they were best friends and worst enemy's and you didn't see that in X1

#47 Posted by Blue Light (5 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah can't wait to see if they base it on Wolverine origins or the hinted clues from other comics

#48 Posted by it's just me (6 posts) - - Show Bio

no..more spandex..NO SPANDEX.....BUT THE MASK MITE BE COOL.

#49 Posted by Mantid (4418 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Wolverine has appeared enough in the movies, I think it is time for other heroes to appear in the movies.

#50 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Mantid says:

"I think Wolverine has appeared enough in the movies, I think it is time for other heroes to appear in the movies."

like..........

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.