Hulk strenght vs Wolverine's adamantium skeleton

• 81 results
#1 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

W-W-W-W-WWWHAAAATTTT!!!!!! I don't know about "breaking" it, but I'm very sure Hulk could bend and dent it.

#2 Posted by Black Wolverine (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Can the Green Man break the adamantium

#3 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think he could break it.....wait sorry he ripped wolvie in half, but i'm not sure if the skeleton was broken or snapped.....can't remember actually yeah i think in one hand was his top half and the other his lower, i'm still not sure, the spine could still be holding them together, i think it might be, idn.

#5 Posted by Black Wolverine (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine has True adamantium

#6 Posted by lasher262 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

how many of you have read hulk v.s wolverine?

#7 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hulk's angry enough, yeah, he might be able to.

#8 Posted by Constantine (16046 posts) - - Show Bio

aztek_the_lost says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"As far as Hulk breaking Wolverine in half... (quick biology and metallurgy lesson here) Despite propaganda saying otherwise, Wolverine's skeleton is not completely coated with adamantium, if it were he couldn't move. Adamantium porously coats each bone individually (and it would have to be porous because blood and oxygen is required to get inside the bone to the marrow for a person to live). Also there is a malleable disc between each bone (especially in vertebrae in the spine) which allows freedom of movement along with joints and ligaments(which wouldn't be coated in adamantium if Wolverine hopes to do things like walk, stand, move in the slightest...). Now what Hulk did was indeed rip Logan apart, but it's most likely that Wolverine's spine separated at it's weakest point (the discs between each vertebra) and everything tore apart quite easily from there. So no, Hulk more than likely didn't break adamanium at all in this instance. Not to say that he couldn't if suitably pissed."
so I would have to say, no he couldn't, at least not if its pure adamantium, I don't remember if it's pure or beta
"

yeah i didnt think of that

#9 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

He did once bend pure Adamantium, it was a spider-man issue.

#10 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

When he was angry enough he dented pure adamntium with is fist. When angry enough he broke a pure adamtium needle like a tooth pic. He can break wolverines bones give him a few good minutes.

#11 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"When he was angry enough he dented pure adamntium with is fist. When angry enough he broke a pure adamtium needle like a tooth pic. He can break wolverines bones give him a few good minutes."

Sure you're not talking about Ultimate Hulk?

#12 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#13 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"zee crusher says:
"When he was angry enough he dented pure adamntium with is fist. When angry enough he broke a pure adamtium needle like a tooth pic. He can break wolverines bones give him a few good minutes."

Sure you're not talking about Ultimate Hulk?"

Yes. Regular hulk dented it with his strength alone. Ultimate on I think broke the needle like a tooth pick and I know he ripped wolverine in half by the limb in his back bone.

#14 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Wolverine says:

"Can the Green Man break the adamantium"

Yes, check this out

#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Black Wolverine says:

Yes, check this out

"

Pretty much sums it up. I forgot he did that to juggernaut.

#16 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Warlock360 says:
"Black Wolverine says:

Yes, check this out

"

Pretty much sums it up. I forgot he did that to juggernaut."

Thats not juggs, thats Blastaar.

#17 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"zee crusher says:
"Warlock360 says:
"Black Wolverine says:

Yes, check this out

"

Pretty much sums it up. I forgot he did that to juggernaut."

Thats not juggs, thats Blastaar."

My fault. I'm thinking of the wrong comic then lol. But your right he didn't do that to jugs.

#18 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

The hulk can... DEFINETLY! see =>

#19 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i'm gonna Make it smaller...

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Warlock360 says:

"Black Wolverine says:

Yes, check this out

"

That wasn't pure adamantium. Check the page that comes before that.

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Warlock360 says:
"Black Wolverine says:

Yes, check this out

"

That wasn't pure adamantium. Check the page that comes before that."

don't have the comic just found it on the net a year ago

#23 Posted by Kal-Kent (45 posts) - - Show Bio

ok hulk can not break adamantium unless its not true adamantium....the ultimiate hulk vs wolverine one doesnt count..becuz wolverins isnt completley made out of adamantium becuz if he was he wouldnt be able to his joints.

#24 Posted by Kal-Kent (45 posts) - - Show Bio

ok hulk can not break adamantium unless its not true adamantium....the ultimiate hulk vs wolverine one doesnt count..becuz wolverins isnt completley made out of adamantium becuz if he was he wouldnt be able to his joints.

#25 Posted by Sabretooth667 (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Its kinda like a scene in Sabretooth Mary Shelley overdrive. A scene where sabretooth is engaged in combat with a few special forces troopers knew he had adamantium coated bones and were is able to dislocate his arm even with the metal coating.
Post Edited:2008-05-07 20:25:25

#26 Posted by brainiac 1.0 (4150 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"The hulk can... DEFINETLY! see =>
" />http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9f/-Ultimate-Wolverine-VS-Hulk-.jpg"

Hulk didnot wrip adamantium it is said that wolverine does not have it in his back so he can move around the part where hulk ripped was normal not adamantium

#27 Posted by loveNwar (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, it was proven that Hulk can break adamantium when he fought Thor at Central park. They had an adamantium statue of Hulk there at the time, and after being hit by Thor, Hulk banged his head hard against the statue and cracked it completely. It didn't seem to bother him as he continued to fight. Thor himself was impressed and said that not even his hammer could do that to adamantium.

#28 Posted by ree-fullface-cap_nine (61 posts) - - Show Bio
Venom-Hulker_1 said:
"

The hulk can... DEFINETLY! see =>

"

this waz a cover not facts dont think he could but i dont no for a fact. wolvys adamantium can be broken by cyclops so i dont no maby
#29 Edited by Ozzymandias (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"As far as Hulk breaking Wolverine in half... (quick biology and metallurgy lesson here) Despite propaganda saying otherwise, Wolverine's skeleton is not completely coated with adamantium, if it were he couldn't move. Adamantium porously coats each bone individually (and it would have to be porous because blood and oxygen is required to get inside the bone to the marrow for a person to live). Also there is a malleable disc between each bone (especially in vertebrae in the spine) which allows freedom of movement along with joints and ligaments(which wouldn't be coated in adamantium if Wolverine hopes to do things like walk, stand, move in the slightest...). Now what Hulk did was indeed rip Logan apart, but it's most likely that Wolverine's spine separated at it's weakest point (the discs between each vertebra) and everything tore apart quite easily from there. So no, Hulk more than likely didn't break adamanium at all in this instance. Not to say that he couldn't if suitably pissed." Ozzymandias says:  very smart i like how u put real life biology in comics
#30 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
Ozzymandias said:
"

Satyrquaze says:

"As far as Hulk breaking Wolverine in half... (quick biology and metallurgy lesson here) Despite propaganda saying otherwise, Wolverine's skeleton is not completely coated with adamantium, if it were he couldn't move. Adamantium porously coats each bone individually (and it would have to be porous because blood and oxygen is required to get inside the bone to the marrow for a person to live). Also there is a malleable disc between each bone (especially in vertebrae in the spine) which allows freedom of movement along with joints and ligaments(which wouldn't be coated in adamantium if Wolverine hopes to do things like walk, stand, move in the slightest...). Now what Hulk did was indeed rip Logan apart, but it's most likely that Wolverine's spine separated at it's weakest point (the discs between each vertebra) and everything tore apart quite easily from there. So no, Hulk more than likely didn't break adamanium at all in this instance. Not to say that he couldn't if suitably pissed." Ozzymandias says:  very smart i like how u put real life biology in comics
"
Check your other accounts PMs.
#31 Posted by StrongestOneThereIs (6490 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I would like to say yes, the Hulk can't (or atleast he hasn't)

If we are talking about 616 characters.

#32 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#33 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at mindless hulk, he destroyed an adamantium statue of himself within seconds so I say hulk

#34 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
The Hulk can't or shouldn't be able to break adamantium.

Also, the Hulk would explode if he became too "upset" and overpowered.

I never liked the idea that the angrier the Hulk becomes the stronger he is.

They are trying to make him like Superman, who will always beat the Hulk. ;)
#35 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

dude one is capible of beating the other or they wouldn't fight in the first place

#36 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
caption
#37 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Adamantium and steel chest.

And Hulk Broke his hand.

Also not that his hand and chest are not the same color indicating a different material.

And I'm guessing adamantium and steel is weaker than just adamantium.

This is not a good evidence.

#38 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

indeed

#39 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

fine but what about the Statue?

#40 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it says the statue is made from adamantium, but if you look at it closely, it doesn't behave like metal at all. It doesn't warp, it cracks like it's made of stone.

Maybe The statue itself is adamantium, but the base is marble or something.

That or the writer knows about physics as much i know about talking to fish.

#41 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

well it said carved soo..the bottom was the same as the top becuase there the same color

#42 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
Villelater said:
"well it said carved soo..the bottom was the same as the top becuase there the same color"
And hulk when angry enough can make metal act like stone look at guns he squeezes them and and the basically pop they don't bend or anything
#43 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you show us a scan of that?

#44 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
#45 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio
Wolverine's "healing factor" renders him virtually immune to nearly all physical harm, including toxins and diseases. However, he still suffers the immediate effects of such substances; he has been shown to become intoxicated after significant dosages of alcoholic beverages,
#46 Edited by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hulk, confused by this sudden turn of events, concludes that the "enemy of my enemy is also my friend", so he assists Wolverine in stopping the Wendigo. The Hulk picks the monster up and smashes him through a grove of trees. Wolverine finishes the job by sinking his claws into the Wendigo's throat. The Wendigo is an immortal creature however, and even this seemingly fatal blow is not enough to kill him. For the time being though, the Wendigo is unconscious.

Now Wolverine turns his attention onto the Hulk. The fight is furious, but brief, as both combatants manage to knock each other out.

Comics:Incredible Hulk Vol 1 181 - Marvel Database

It has been awhile since that issue and the Hulk has been to Planet Hulk and is now a better fighter.

Couldn't Wolverine be knocked out again?

#47 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Hulk is even a bit enraged, if he connects, wolverine is on the express train to Jupiter.

However, that's not the point of the thread.

#48 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

yes can Hulk can they let Wolves live becuase of plot

#49 Edited by BuCk RoDGeRs (1 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
Ok so I think its safe to say that if Hulk was enraged enough he could bend or dent adamantium, and yes Wolverines skeleton is coated in the metal aloy and is vurtualy indestructable there are still week pionts in the structure such as joints. Now when they fused the metal to Logans bones they injected nanomachines into his heart to take over functions of sertain parts of his human anatomy such as pores in his bones so that the marrow could flow freely and his bone structure wouldn't decay with lack of oxygen and blood flow so there for yes his bones are coated with real adamantium. Read the novel Wolverine (Weapon X) I am right now thats how I got this info, and i have read two others and I have a fourth that I will read after this one.
#50 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio
Villelater said:
"
caption
"
Ten tons of Pure Adamantium

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.