Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

Watchmen Trial Moved Back

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Looks like we have to wait some more
    Looks like we have to wait some more
    I've been surprised that there hasn't been a whole lot of news about Fox's lawsuit against Warner Bros. over the distribution rights.  According to Variety, the judge has pushed back the date of the trial by two weeks to January 20.  Apparently he has to deal with a criminal matter on January 6.  Despite the ongoing trial, Warner Bros. has been sticking with their March 6 release date of the movie.

It seems that Fox had spent over a million dollars developing "Watchmen" back in 1994.  They claim they still retain the rights while Warner Bros. says that Fox doesn't hold the copyright.

The whole notion of this case still seems unbelievable to me.  It's just crazy to think that Warner Bros., who owns DC, would ever allow the rights to go to another studio.  I'd like to know how Fox got their deal in the first place.  It's great that Warner Bros. is sticking to their guns and not backing away from their set release date.  Fox may have spent some money in 'developing' a movie in the early 90s but how come they didn't do anything else with it?  How can they claim they're entitled to something when they haven't spent anything on this production?  It's been a pretty high profile production.  It seems weird that the suit didn't come until the movie was near completion.  But I'm not a lawyer so it's not in my hands.

Did Fox get permission for this?
    Did Fox get permission for this?

Avatar image for nighthunter_earth_1974
    Nighthunter Earth-1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

imao at that image

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.