Follow

Watchmen

Team » Watchmen appears in 44 issues.

Watchmen is a twelve-issue comic book limited series created by writer Alan Moore, artist Dave Gibbons, and colorist John Higgins. The grouping of heroes and villains contained in the work are not, in fact, named "The Watchmen", though they were at one point referred to as "Crimebusters". Rorschach, Nite Owl and Dr. Manhattan were the team's primary heroes.

First look at the Watchmen movie

• 54 results
    iSHADOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By iSHADOW

ozy looks like a tool

ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ahumancartoon

No squid eh?! Well the whole thing about the squid in the book did come out of left field so I'm not too sad to see it dropped, but I hope they at least have an ending on par with the book though.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By Nighthunter

According to Tuesday report on the Sci-Fire Wire, Watchmen director Zack Snyder has turned in a new edit of the film to Warner Bros., the latest version clocking in at two hours and 35 minutes. This is roughly 10 minutes down from the approximate 2:45 running time that Snyder has been citing since last summer's convention season.

The new edit has not received final approval by the studio.

The film's running time has been a continued source of conversation, and some controversy, within fan circles, with one group fans even organizing to try to petition Warner Bros. to release a 3-hour theatrical version, to allow the director to as faithfully adapt the Alan Moore/Dave Gibbons graphic novel for film as possible.

Snyder reiterated to the Sc-Fi Wire that a 3:10 "director's cut" is already planned for the eventual home video release, along with a 3:40 version that incorporates the animated short version of the comic-book-within-Watchmen "Tales of the Black Freighter", edited into the main film.

Watchmen is scheduled to open nationally on March 6, 2009

Steril Sarah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Steril Sarah

I think the Comedian is perfect, but i don't know about rorschach actually.. but can't wait to see the movie! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.