Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

Red hulk without Jeph

FredexMuia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FredexMuia

Who is enjoying red hulk comics without Jeph Loeb?!?

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By CATPANEXE

I like Parkers run much more. He's given Ross his own cast and made the book intelligent and meaningful, as well redeemed much of what the public did not like about Loebs, even rationalizing a lot of it, as opposed to sily as Lobe did. Mind you I'm one who enjoyed Leobs run and thought it wrapped up pretty well, but it had a few flaws and Jeph at time didn't seem to be taking things seriously, the Offenders arc especially (he had a tragedy and some other problems though noted at the time of this). His Red Hulk was played mostly as the antigen to Banner, which didn't really work for a solo character. It would be like making X-23 about X-23 fighting Wolverine and his arch enemies or same goes for Daken. Parkers is a smart book. Looooove the hell out of Annie and Zero/One BTW.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By OmegaHans

Not at all. Ross was a more interesting character as a normal human.

It was a stupid idea to make Ross a Hulk and I'm still wondering why he hasn't went away yet. It's gone on too long and every time I see Rulk in an Avengers book it grates on me. I don't care who writes him and I don't care how many years Marvel tries to shove Rulk down people's throat, far as I feel about it I don't like that character and never will.

Have 1 Hulk again and be done with this dumb Hulk family crap.

HULKTEAMUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By HULKTEAMUP

No I personally like the Hulk family idea. I do enjoy the Rulk because of the differnce of the two. Hulk has excessive strength but head rushes into things and don't get me wrong that worked well for him most of the time. While Rulk uses more tactics and strategy and is more wtitty the big green. I mean Hulk asked if Rulk was the Hulk's Hulk? that justifies Rulk to me enough said. But I agree that we could lose A-Bomb and Hulks kids and just keep the big Four in my mind.

luckydomino1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By luckydomino1

im done with red hulk now thats hes a super hero he kinda lost that badass merciless killer version i liked when he was going after banner now i lost interest in the character im dropping the comic

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

@OmegaHans said:

It was a stupid idea to make Ross a Hulk and I'm still wondering why he hasn't went away yet. It's gone on too long and every time I see Rulk in an Avengers book it grates on me. I don't care who writes him and I don't care how many years Marvel tries to shove Rulk down people's throat, far as I feel about it I don't like that character and never will.

This. This! THIS! THIS!

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Video_Martian

@OmegaHans said:

Sir, i literally just agreed with everything you just said. You deserve a firm handshake & a high-five :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.