'The Avengers' Minute Long TV Spot and More Wallpapers

Posted by G-Man (32140 posts) - - Show Bio

As a movie approaches its release date, more and more TV spots get released. Some of them have new footage while others just seem to be the same footage but in a new order. While most of the TV spots run 30-seconds, a minute-long one has turned up.

Like many of the other spots, there isn't much new here. It is cool to think that people watching their wonderful TV programming each night could end up being exposed to these characters. I never thought I'd see live-action Avengers characters on my television.

== TEASER ==

If that wasn't enough, another 30-spot popped up apparently during the Avengers Alliance Facebook game (please stop sending me requests to join you in the game). What's cool about this one is what Cap says to Hulk.

And if you still want more, how about some more wallpapers courtesy of Toys R Us? (Did you see the last batch with the Black Widow action clip posted here?)

Staff
#1 Posted by Monarch_Chronicle (905 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice loved all the posters :)

#2 Posted by HT101 (136 posts) - - Show Bio

Very cool stuff. I can't wait for this to come out.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk Smash 

#4 Posted by deadpool25mm (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing wallpapers!!

#5 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

They're really going to have to work hard to convince people that Hawkeye and Widow belong on that team. Every spot has been the other members doing superhuman things.

#6 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

Keeps looking better and better. In Whedon I trust!

#7 Posted by Lvenger (19251 posts) - - Show Bio

Those wallpapers are amazing. And these TV spots are great. Can't wait for this film now!

Online
#8 Posted by The Cyan Lantern (240 posts) - - Show Bio

I CAN'T WATCH ANYMORE TRAILERS OR CLIPS, IT WILL SPOIL THE MOVIE!!! :(

#9 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Skunkstein (591 posts) - - Show Bio

Sigh.... i need more kleenex.

#11 Posted by elayem98 (458 posts) - - Show Bio

in the art posters caps mask doesnt look weird..if only those were photos not art..

#12 Posted by jezuitx (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice wallpapers, but honestly why do we still make wallpapers square? Unless you're rocking an almost ten year old monitor at this point everyone's got the widescreen.

#13 Posted by ThexX (1564 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

Hulk Smash
#14 Posted by red_rover (96 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98 said:

in the art posters caps mask doesnt look weird..if only those were photos not art..

I thought the same thing. It's like Cap's costume just doesn't belong in real life.

#15 Posted by The_Peter_Cosmic (401 posts) - - Show Bio
I LOVE HULK'S DEVIOUS SMILE!
#16 Posted by VictorGrey (13464 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap: Hulk

Hulk: Hmm?

Cap: Smash

*Hulk Pwnage*

#17 Posted by Ellocobruja (559 posts) - - Show Bio

So who wants in on my opening weekend bragging rights pole for Avengers?

I say 95 million.

High or lower!

#18 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

just a month... OMG!

#19 Posted by MarvelMan1985 (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Before you watch the Avengers 2012 , watch Marvel's first Avengers from 1952 :p   

#20 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Cyan Lantern said:

I CAN'T WATCH ANYMORE TRAILERS OR CLIPS, IT WILL SPOIL THE MOVIE!!! :(

same here, I'm going to feel so guilty when I see all the segments from all these clips in the movie.

#21 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are nice wallpapers actually! So much footage, and we've less than a month till showtime. So darn excited. Is it May yet?!?!

#22 Posted by Suprman (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I know a lot of people could get upset by seeing trailers or clips and I understand how that could be but I just don't fall into that category, I love seeing these clips and trailers because I look forward to seeing them in the film and seeing how those clips work in the story.

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorGrey said:

Cap: Hulk

Hulk: Hmm?

Cap: Smash

*Hulk Pwnage*

Mother of god yes!

Moderator
#24 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

hulk being told to smash lol

#25 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

at this point we'll have seen the entire movie before it even comes out!

#26 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

No Coulson O_O

LAME !

#27 Posted by DevilmanEX (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeez this movie can't get any more bad assery! I can't wait for the Marvel movie Marathon. Already bought my ticket and took off for it!!

#28 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap: Hulk.

Hulk: Huh?

Cap: Smash.

Hulk: :D

#29 Posted by The Impersonator (5365 posts) - - Show Bio

@Monarch_Chronicle said:

Nice loved all the posters :)
#30 Edited by ArtisticNeedham (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

Every clip makes me more excited to see the movie. I love the clip of Cap hinting at him having to get used to new things like breakthroughs in science and technology. And he seems like the character from the comics, not some modernized or movie version... We work as a team.

And I love him interacting with the Hulk, Smash. Awesome.

I saw one comment about the scene where Stark say he is a genius billionaire philanthropist and then Thor laughs, their comment was Thor "I don't know what any of those words mean." So now when I see that clip I think Thor is thinking I don't know what those words mean.

This movie looks great, love seeing the heroes interacting. Will this movie be a game changer for superhero movies? Will Marvel expand their movie world and include Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, others, into the Avenger world?

I have ideas how they could do it, but that would be a HUGE post.

#31 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7668 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe how close it is to the release :S

#32 Posted by sonicnevets (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the reason caps mask looks better in the posters is 'cause he doesn't have his ears covered.

#33 Posted by blueninjapanther (675 posts) - - Show Bio

Each posters looks awesome

#34 Posted by Or35ti (1101 posts) - - Show Bio

This will be the best!

#35 Posted by danhimself (22485 posts) - - Show Bio

man I hope that Hulk talks

#36 Edited by SexualLobster (995 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArtisticNeedham said:

Every clip makes me more excited to see the movie. I love the clip of Cap hinting at him having to get used to new things like breakthroughs in science and technology. And he seems like the character from the comics, not some modernized or movie version... We work as a team.

And I love him interacting with the Hulk, Smash. Awesome.

I saw one comment about the scene where Stark say he is a genius billionaire philanthropist and then Thor laughs, their comment was Thor "I don't know what any of those words mean." So now when I see that clip I think Thor is thinking I don't know what those words mean.

This movie looks great, love seeing the heroes interacting. Will this movie be a game changer for superhero movies? Will Marvel expand their movie world and include Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, others, into the Avenger world?

I have ideas how they could do it, but that would be a HUGE post.

DD unfortunately is owned by Sony :/

But I heard an Ant Man movie is supposed to be happening. And I know a Nick Fury movie is planned, a Defenders movie, a Runaways movie (canned for now for the avengers), A Dr. Strange Movie, an Agent Coulson movie, and I think an inhumans movie, and a Black Panther moive. Ad the black Old Spice guy has expressed interest in playing Luke Cage, and has even made his own 'trailer' for it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcXrE6fLCUM.

And if you feel like typing out all of those ideas I'd sure read them :p

#37 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2240 posts) - - Show Bio

@SexualLobster said:

@ArtisticNeedham said:

Every clip makes me more excited to see the movie. I love the clip of Cap hinting at him having to get used to new things like breakthroughs in science and technology. And he seems like the character from the comics, not some modernized or movie version... We work as a team.

And I love him interacting with the Hulk, Smash. Awesome.

I saw one comment about the scene where Stark say he is a genius billionaire philanthropist and then Thor laughs, their comment was Thor "I don't know what any of those words mean." So now when I see that clip I think Thor is thinking I don't know what those words mean.

This movie looks great, love seeing the heroes interacting. Will this movie be a game changer for superhero movies? Will Marvel expand their movie world and include Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, others, into the Avenger world?

I have ideas how they could do it, but that would be a HUGE post.

DD unfortunately is owned by Sony :/

But I heard an Ant Man movie is supposed to be happening. And I know a Nick Fury movie is planned, a Defenders movie, a Runaways movie (canned for now for the avengers), A Dr. Strange Movie, an Agent Coulson movie, and I think an inhumans movie, and a Black Panther moive. Ad the black Old Spice guy has expressed interest in playing Luke Cage, and has even made his own 'trailer' for it, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcXrE6fLCUM.

And if you feel like typing out all of those ideas I'd sure read them :p

Well first, after their contracts are up, like Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Johansson, Jackson, etc. they can keep the movies going by staggering the rotating roster. So, for example, bring Ant Man and Wasp into Avengers 2. Then when Avengers 4 happens you already have at least 2 characters staying around from the previous movies. Then you can bring in other characters like Black Panther, Wonder Man, and She-Hulk. Then when the actors playing Ant Man and Wasp's contracts are up and they leave you still have the other characters. Like Law and Order, you can keep the cast rotating and the stories going long after the original cast is gone.

So, to sort of make it clearer because I feel I am over complicating it,

Avengers 1 cast: Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, Fury, Colsen, Hill.

Avengers 2 cast: Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, Fury, Colsen, Hill.... but add Ant Man and Wasp.

Avengers 3 cast: Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Hulk, Fury, Colsen, Hill, Ant Man and Wasp.

Avengers 4 cast: Ant Man, Wasp, Black Panther, Wonder Man, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Vision, and Agent Gabriel

Avengers 5 cast: Black Panther, Wonder Man, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Vision, Agent Gabriel, and Luke Cage

Avengers 6 cast: Wonder Man, She-Hulk, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Vision, Agent Gabriel, Luke Cage, Valkyrie

etc. Just keep rotating the cast, with some actors from the previous movie still there to keep the audience at ease while bringing in new actors/characters to replace the ones leaving. So over time, when the actor wants to leave you can bring in a new Avenger from the comics. You could even eventually get to Bucky as Cap, Thunderstrike or Beta Ray Bill, War Machine, and other characters who were new versions of the old ones. You could also get to great storylines that might not end up in the movies, like Pym creating Ultron, Ultron creating Vision, and Vision turning good and becoming an Avenger. This could also lead to solo films, like a Black Panther solo film (I would imagine after him only being in 1 or 2 films he would get his own) and this could also lead to the Avengers films going as long as the Bond films or longer.

Another idea isn't really mine but the 15 min films introducing characters at the beginnings of Marvel films like how they used to show cartoons. You can introduce Iron Fist or Moon Knight in a 15 min film before Avengers 3. No need to go into origin or much detail, just him/her fighting a bad guy and saving the day in a short scene. This could lead to solo films or them being brought into the Avengers franchise.

The next would be a franchise called Marvel Team Up. This would show characters maybe we know teaming up with characters we maybe haven't seen in the movies before. For example, Captain America teaming up with Captain Britain in some AIM Hydra espionage movie. Or Thor and Hercules. Hawkeye and Spider-Woman... etc.

I am sure I have more ideas, but thats it for now.

#38 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpidermanWins said:

@The Cyan Lantern said:

I CAN'T WATCH ANYMORE TRAILERS OR CLIPS, IT WILL SPOIL THE MOVIE!!! :(

same here, I'm going to feel so guilty when I see all the segments from all these clips in the movie.

What? These trailers are doing a great job of not spoiling too much.

Hell, we still don't even know how the aliens show up.

We've only seen maybe 7 minutes of footage tops.

#39 Posted by royale_with_cheese (747 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Captain America's costume still looks like it came from a commercial for mattresses, some of my disappointment for this movie has now been alleviated.

#40 Posted by jubilee042 (1353 posts) - - Show Bio

i found a pic in response to the second group pic

#41 Edited by jcbart (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Not watching any more clips. The Black Widow one a few days ago was enough for me. This will be the greatest movie ever and don't you deny it you do nothing denialerers.

I just can't wait for the sequel, honestly. Whedon better be back on board, and what other Avengers will we get? Ms. Marvel? Luke Cage? Scarlet Witch? Valkyrie? SO COOL. The possibilities are pretty much endless.

#42 Posted by Scarlett_Wiccan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

The wallpapers are just wow!! so great I can't even begin to tell you how impressed I am

#43 Posted by Grimoire (537 posts) - - Show Bio

That was great.

#44 Posted by SpidermanWins (3982 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@SpidermanWins said:

@The Cyan Lantern said:

I CAN'T WATCH ANYMORE TRAILERS OR CLIPS, IT WILL SPOIL THE MOVIE!!! :(

same here, I'm going to feel so guilty when I see all the segments from all these clips in the movie.

What? These trailers are doing a great job of not spoiling too much.

Hell, we still don't even know how the aliens show up.

We've only seen maybe 7 minutes of footage tops.

Yeah I suppose but I just don't want it to feel like how X-Men First Class felt when I saw it after all those clips. I'm more scared about all the clips they've released for the Amazing Spider-Man. I mean, I just feel like I shouldn't see so much. They released like 5 scenes for that movie plus a long trailer. But ever since XMFC I've been scared seeing too much. But yeah I guess they haven't spoiled too much of the Avengers now that I've looked over them all but I guess its just how the footage is layed out. It makes it seem like you've seen a lot.

#45 Posted by fbdarkangel (4884 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap: *points at Hulk* "Hulk... Smash!"

*Hulk smiles*

Cap: *points at me* "Ovaries... explode!"

Me: *salutes* "Yes, sir!"

#46 Posted by Draku28 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks awesome, really amazing trailers and art, very nice.

But once again Scarlett 'not talent enough' Johansson to give Black Widow a russian accent. Come on there is a guy on Youtube who teached people how to speak with a russian accent, Scarlett do us/me a favor learn, or get out and leave Black Widow out of your only fame to glory.

#47 Posted by Inverno (13192 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks amazing I admit.

The Avengers is without a doubt the only truly awesome thing that Joss Whedon made since Buffy.

#48 Posted by Scarlett_Wiccan (12 posts) - - Show Bio

I have the Wallpaper with the Stark Tower as my desktop right now:)

#49 Posted by KidSupreme (829 posts) - - Show Bio

@elayem98 said:

in the art posters caps mask doesnt look weird..if only those were photos not art..

lol true

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.