Follow

Terry McGinnis

Character » Terry McGinnis appears in 408 issues.

Born with a partial strand of the original Batman's DNA, Terry McGinnis was a reformed juvenile delinquent who stole the Batman suit to avenge the murder of his father. Under Wayne's guidance, Terry became The Tomorrow Knight of futuristic Neo-Gotham: Batman Beyond.

Beyond Origins

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

I'm really happy to see Terry in the New 52 making him canon in the present universe and if they wrote a book with him as the lead character within the New 52 I would drop several titles just to keep up with it. But there is one thing that worries me about Terry being part of the New 52, it's his origin. I mean I'm a huge fan of how he came to be and the Justice League episode Epilogue was just so amazing and it gave so much insight to Terry's past and connection with Bruce. I just don't want his origin to change. Spoiler Alert! Seeing how Bruce is trying to create a clone in futures end, I just really hope that clone isn't Terry isn't going to be Bruce's direct clone. I hope they stick to Amanda Waller making Terry as they did originally. What are your thoughts, should they keep his origin or give him a new one? Also I hope he keeps his rogues gallery.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I hate to be THAT guy but the Terry in Futures End isn't canon ever since Didio said that Futures End is an alternate future that will be prevented. So, with that said, I don't think you don't have to worry about any changes to Terry's origin turning you off since this is just another alternate take on the character. Now..with THAT said, I wouldn't mind if Terry had a revamped origin for Future's End since he'll be wiped from existence by the end of it :p

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
    GustavoBurciaga1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

@arturocalakayvee: Well if we start thinking about the paradox, even if Terry fixes the past and is "erased" from existence then he wouldn't have ever gone back in time so Brother Eye would have created the apocalypse causing Terry to have to go back in time either way and fix the past. So unless Terry goes back to the future the exact moment in which he left to the past then the paradox will continue... I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.