Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18944 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

"Smallville" Season 10: Speculation and Ideas

• 118 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 162

User Lists: 0

Edited By lostlantern13

This past Friday night, Smallville fans were on cloud nine. The long-running CW superhero drama turned in one of its finest efforts with the season finale titles "Salvation." Haven't seen it? Click the link and watch it on the CW's website. Want to read a review of it? Then this link will take you to my review of the episode.

Are you still itching for more Smallville ? Of course you are. The finale was fantastic, but the wait until September seems agonizing. We won't need to wait through the entire summer without news. Traditionally, casting news leaks in June while the show gives a trailer and some answers at San Diego Comic-Con.

Nine years & still kicking!
    Nine years & still kicking!

Still, no one can help but dream of season ten and what they want to see. It's very so exciting to think of what the ever-improving Smallville has to offer. After nine seasons and interviews, there is enough precedent to piece together a rough idea of what may happen. I'm going to analyze the clues and try to put together what we may (and hope to) see come the fall.

WHAT HAPPENS POST-"SALVATION?"
    Smallville loves to put Clark and friends in a life-endangering moment in the finales. More often than not, the following has been done: Clark's friends are alright, and he is powerless. I'm expecting that tradition to continue.

Chloe's safe (for once) as is Lois. Green Arrow was captured, but I imagine we'll see him safe with them taking one of two routes here (more on this later). Tess is dead with a visitor (more on this later as well) while Clark is falling from the sky with blue, power-stripping kryptonite jammed in his abdomen.

Will this happen in the premiere?
    Will this happen in the premiere?
    I would love to see the show's writers just skip the farce and have Clark throw the dagger out with the sun giving him his powers back. He stops falling with flight and flies off to make sure his people are safe. As fresh as that move is, that plays out badly on a script. It's too easy. Plus, you should devote flight to its own episode - as each new power has received.

Instead, I imagine that Martian Manhunter will come to Clark's aid and get him to Metropolis General Hospital. Clark will think that his destiny has been served and be at peace with no powers. However, he will learn of some threat that puts him on the path of getting his powers back via Jor-El and the Fortress of Solitude.

THE SUIT
    In the opener of "Salvation," Clark received a gift from his mother: The infamous red and yellow S was seen in his eyes. Everyone assumes it's the full-on Superman suit. I would advise people to slow down.

One of the most infamous quotes from interviews has to do with the idea that the show ends with Clark becoming Superman, and Smallville 's purpose is to show the journey to that iconic moment of him flying with the suit. On top of that, no superhero, Justice Society aside, has shown their traditional costume. Aside from those facts, I don't even want to see the budget-strapped Smallville attempt a costume.

What do I think will be the costume? Well, I think it's going to be a bit of a compromise of what we've seen so far. Early on, Clark wore a red jacket and blue shirt which then morphed into the black "S" shirt and Neo-esque jacket. I believe we'll see a traditional blue "S" shirt with a long red jacket. Fans may be ticked off, but this seems to be the next logical step in the costume's progression.

The next logical step?
    The next logical step?

THE NEW ADVENTURES OF LOIS AND CLARK
    During the course of the season finale, Lois finally figured out who The Blur was after a few seasons of super-speed and convenient concussions. Quite frankly, the moment was long overdue.

Fans wide and far have already cracked the joke that the writers will quickly find some way to take these memories away from Lois. Why wouldn't they? Time after time after time the viewing audience has seen someone learn Clark's secret only to be stripped of it through some kind of shenanigan. At this point, they should let Lois keep the knowledge of The Blur.

Fans gripe about every little change the show makes to the Superman mythos, but people should know by now that this is definitely its own continuity. One change that should happen is that Lois is in on Clark's secret. In any media, Lois was always too close not to know. It's a wonder why people joke that she was always fooled by some dinky glasses. Smallville shouldn't make this mistake. Let her in on the secret and save her poor, beautiful head from getting hit some more.

They get paid to do that. Some people just have all the luck.
    They get paid to do that. Some people just have all the luck.

As far as their relationship goes, with Lois knowing the dual life of Clark Kent there needs to be some bumps in the road. I would love to see General Sam Lane come back to the show and stir things up. It would also be nice to see Perry White come to The Daily Planet to help stir up the work side of the show, but that's not entirely necessary.

APOKOLIPS NOW
    Luthor, Brainiac, Doomsday, and Zod, the show's improvement almost ties in with their inception of one super-villain driving a season's actions. While there are clues pointing to Lex Luthor still being alive in the Smallville universe, I don't see Michael Rosenbaum coming back to the show.

As of now, the clues from the JSA episode and the finale, the old woman possibly being Granny Goodness and Ollie being captured by parademons, are pointing at the long-awaited arrival of Darkseid.

Yeah, fans have been waiting for this.
    Yeah, fans have been waiting for this.

On one hand, I'm extremely stoked. Darkseid is a big-time threat. However, I remember Doomsday. I remember the cheap looking suit, the bad special effects, and the god-awful final battle. The show has a limited budget. Not only that, but the show works better when they avoid the special effects as we saw with the Zod battle. If the choice is Darkseid then what should happen?

Well, I imagine the parademons, Granny Goodness, Darkseid, and other Apokolipitans will have leatherized costumes. I actually don't mind this because recreating Darkseid exactly may come off real cheesy plus leather can keep the budget down especially for parademons.

Another alien invasion would be dull. Been there, done that many times over on Smallville, so let's avoid the takeover Earth angle. Instead, center the Darkseid storyline around him searching for the Anti-Life Equation. Now what about the visitor and Ollie storylines? 

Granny Goodness was visiting the recently-dead Tess. If you want to keep Tess around then why not turn her into a Female Fury? Yeah, I went there. Not only do you have the resources of Luthorcorp, but you have Tess's knowledge of Clark's team giving Darkseid's army a huge advantage. It's all about giving the heroes as many obstacles to overcome as possible. Besides, Female Fury Tess (Lashina anyone?) would be great.

Tess's future?
    Tess's future?

As for Ollie, either Clark can search for and rescue Oliver or Ollie can escape and serve as a messenger for the impending invasion. It's only logical that Oliver will be a big key in the not-yet Justice League discovering the new season's big bad.

WHAT ELSE NEEDS TO HAPPEN
    What I've speculated will lay out the course for more DC heroes and villains to appear since we'll see citizens for Apokolips which naturally calls for more heroic support (Green Lantern anyone?). Fans go crazy for those moments. Not only are new characters called for, but the already introduced should make returns. It'd be nice to see some of the Justice Leaguers appear in a few episodes here and there since that will help with the next thing on my checklist.

I was going to throw up a picture of Green Lantern, but I couldn't resist putting this up.
    I was going to throw up a picture of Green Lantern, but I couldn't resist putting this up.

Clark's personal lesson for the season should be his leadership skills. As much as he's grown into the hero we know he becomes, he has yet to really be the leader for this team. It's one of the last big steps he needs. Well, that and flight.

The power of flight needs to happen. Forget the "no tights, no flight" rule. As I said earlier, I'd love to see an early season episode where Clark gets this power. It's tradition that a new power equals its own episode so I expect that to continue when flight does happen.

Another Smallville tradition is an episode focused on kryptonite: blue, red, gemstone, black, and silver have all been the focus of episodes. I'm imagining that we'll see the producers create a new type of kryptonite or give an existing type (Gold? White?) a new meaning. Hopefully, we don't get another red kryptonite story.

What color is next? Gold?
    What color is next? Gold?

Finally, figure out if season ten is the last season or not. I know a lot of the contracts are through this season, so if this is to be the end then end on the right note. It is important to know if there's only 22 chapters left in this story or if there will be one more season. If this is the end then go all out, but it is imperative that the writers know where this is going from the beginning of the season as opposed to finding out in March that the show's going to end a few months later.

What say you Viners? Did I nail it? Am I way off base? Did I miss anything? Sound off in the comments below about season 10 expectations and speculation.    

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Sick post. I'mma pin this to the Superman boards.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lostlantern13
    @Gambler:
    Thanks, I appreciate that!
    MichaeltheFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By MichaeltheFly

WoW, what more can I say, great job, let's hope the people behind Smallville are reading this.

Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Cherry Bomb

I hope the Legion returns ... with new members:  Bouncing Boy, Phantom Girl and Braniac 5.  (:

I also hope they have a good ending for Chloe. Maybe, she dies and has her conscience transfered to the Watchtower ... where she lives happily ever after.  (which explains why the Legion does not know about her). For the last ever episode of Smallville.  I think the show should end soon. It's lagging a little now.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Darkseid almost has to be the next villain unless they plan on recycling some past ones (which I could see happening). Lex could come back without actually coming back, know what I'm saying? I could see Doomsday coming back as well. The Government recovers his body and he's been in the basement of some facility just waiting. And when Lex becomes Prez he releases him (just speculating here). 

Another possibility is that Ollie was jumped by the Suicide Squad and or the Secret Six who managed to escape when Zod burned down the Checkmate HQ. For some reason I just have a feeling that season 10's villains will be more Earth oriented, especially since Zod was just the main bad for season 9. Hope I'm wrong, Darkseid on Smallville would be sick.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I love what you are saying and it seems to me that season 10 will go that way also.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@Cherry Bomb: I would never want to see chloe die. My face would be like this =( all day.
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lostlantern13

@Gambler:
    I would love to see Michael Rosenbaum back on the show as Lex. During the earlier freak of the week seasons, he was one of the rare bright spots.  

I do hear what you're saying about being more Earth-based. I don't know if there could be someone compelling enough though...that and I do want to see Darkseid - especially if the tenth season is the last one. I can see a two-hour finale epic filled with an awesome battle where they pull out all the stops.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Primmaster64

I want the costume for this season.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lostlantern13
    @haydenclaireheroes:
    Yeah, I am holding out hope that Chloe gets a satisfying/happy ending. They've had many opportunities to kill her, but at this point...just give her some happiness.
    The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By The WeatherMan

I hope he FRIGGIN FLIES FOR (*&^ SAKE ALREADY!!! Zod had his powers for like two minutes and began to soar, Clark had them since season one and still can't fly. Pisses me off.
    Avatar image for deranged_midget_
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deranged Midget
    @lostlantern13: Amazing post dude, I agree with you completely about his costume. The show is about him becoming Superman so they should hold off a little bit longer and maybe just let him fly!
    ahumancartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ahumancartoon

The way those red dots swarmed around Ollie, my first thought was Parademons.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lostlantern13
    @The WeatherMan:
    I think almost every fan agrees on that point. 

Kara's flown, Luthor as Zod's flown, Zod's flown, and the entire army flew. Heck, even a brainwashed Clark flew! I know they had this whole "you haven't learned yet" moment, but very early they need to get him flying. There's no reason that he shouldn't while everyone else does moments after getting their powers.
    KNIGHT SAVIOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 42

#15  Edited By KNIGHT SAVIOR

they should have Clark see mini-glimpses of  his future next season  and make his flying  entire season event  instead of  just one episode
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lostlantern13
    @KNIGHT SAVIOR said:
    "they should have Clark see mini-glimpses of  his future next season  and make his flying  entire season event  instead of  just one episode "

If this were truly the final season, I think that idea of the opener mini-glimpses would be a fanastic idea.
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

Those are for sure great ideas for the new season.Now something I dont really get from some older season,about the flight thing. He flew(was it season.. 4? dont really recall), but they stated he did as Kal-El. I mean, come on,Kal-El/Superman/Clark its the one same person. Did he at the moment embraced his true Kryptonian side,setting back all his humanity somehow, and was able to fly? always talking about Smallville now,since its about that, its Universe as lostlanter13 already stated above.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lostlantern13
    @Nick-SV(ril):
    According to Smallville's wikia, "Clark has been able to fly since he was 14, but cannot consciously use it. This is apparently due to his own psychological barriers." Even earlier in season 9, when he attempted to fly, Jor-El says that he hasn't really "let himself go."  

I think the true Kryptonian side stuff is a bunch of crap, but that he, as brainwashed Kal-El, had no inhibitions and thus flew.
    Cherry Bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By Cherry Bomb
    @haydenclaireheroes said:
    " @Cherry Bomb: I would never want to see chloe die. My face would be like this =( all day. "
    Me too :(  but I mean like, at the end of the whole show! (:
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lostlantern13
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @haydenclaireheroes said:
    " @Cherry Bomb: I would never want to see chloe die. My face would be like this =( all day. "
    Me too :(  but I mean like, at the end of the whole show! (: "

If they ever were to do it...it'd have to be at the end of the show...in a heroic sacrifice. I mean, everyone knows Green Arrow ends up with Black Canary, so she's got no happy ending there.  

If they ever wanted to give her (and her many fans) a real happy ending then...(corny alert coming) the show could end with Clark flying off in the Superman suit...and it fades to an older Chloe with her kids around her talking about how she knew Superman.  

It's an interesting dilemma about what to do with her story.
    Avatar image for greenlantern555
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GreenLantern555

I think they should call Chloe the Oracle. I know it's Barbara Gordan but I believe you can't have Watchtower wothout someone named Oracle. 

If Darkseid is indeed going to be the villian in season ten then it should be the last one. You really cant get any bigger than him. Unless they want to spand his villianous story for two seasons, you can't get bigger. 

I think Michael Rosenbaum should come back for at least one episode. Even for a minute. I know fans will be upset that he came in so late, but it would be worth it.
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lostlantern13
    @GreenLantern555 said:

"I think they should call Chloe the Oracle. I know it's Barbara Gordan but I believe you can't have Watchtower wothout someone named Oracle.  If Darkseid is indeed going to be the villian in season ten then it should be the last one. You really cant get any bigger than him. Unless they want to spand his villianous story for two seasons, you can't get bigger.  I think Michael Rosenbaum should come back for at least one episode. Even for a minute. I know fans will be upset that he came in so late, but it would be worth it. "

Well, I agree, and maybe the show and CW do too. The IGN article confirms that season 10 will be the final season.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/109/1091183p1.html     

I'm very happy that they know an end's coming. It gives the series a sense of focus to write to that last scene (which has to be Clark flying in that super-suit over Metropolis). As for season 10, it makes one thing clear to me: Bring on Darkseid!
    lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lostlantern13
    @Cherry Bomb said:
    " @haydenclaireheroes said:
    Me too :(  but I mean like, at the end of the whole show! (: "

I feel like you're both gonna be a bit upset at reading this bit of news for season 10. 

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/19/allison-mack-smallville/ 

At least, they'll wrap up her story arc. In other news, I read (can't find the link at the moment) that Cassidy Freeman will be back. Female Fury Tess anyone? Yeah? Yeah!
    Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#24  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    @Gambler said:
    "Another possibility is that Ollie was jumped by the Suicide Squad and or the Secret Six who managed to escape when Zod burned down the Checkmate HQ. For some reason I just have a feeling that season 10's villains will be more Earth oriented, especially since Zod was just the main bad for season 9. Hope I'm wrong, Darkseid on Smallville would be sick. "
    I thought it could be Lord's O.M.A.Cs 

I think we'll see Darkseid battle Clark, Clark lose and then he puts on the suit and wins in front of Metropolis. They best not do it quick either. Bring in a few characters before we see Darkseid. Buil the suspence.
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GreenLantern555

Well, I don't know how many people remember this but in like season 1 or 2 Clark was Dreaming about flying and it went to a shot of him hovering over his bed and when he woke up, he feel into the bed. I think that is what they mean when they said "He has been able to fly since he weas 14.." 

That sucks sooo hardcore about Allison Mack! She was an incredible character. Yes, I know its lovey dovey but the last thing she and Ollie did was kiss and their relationship never grew. I would have liked to have seen where that went and it would be a pretty good episode if Chloe and Black Canary fought over GA. But now that's not going to happen.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @lostlantern13:
    Great post. The Tess/Lashina idea is great. I really want to actually see Lex again i agree with Tom Welling about Clark shouldnt be able to become Superman with out Lex Luthor clearly in the picture. I like the concept of the new suit. that is what i was thinking it would look like also. I agree that the parademons wont look like they do in the comics but if they had leather then it should be a leather mask like this one
    No Caption Provided

they dont need eyes or atleast we dont need to see their eyes.

Clark still has Checkmate out there too. Even if they are going directly after him they could still go after the others. Also dont forget about Professor Hamilton and Checkmat etogether created Galatea in the cartoon. they could bring her up to (return of Laura Vandervoort).

I would like to see him gain his flight in the second or third episode so we basically have a whole season of him flying. I agree he needs to become more of a leader and i think he will once Chloe is out of the way (don't get me wrong i love her but she seems to be running the show {figuratively speaking}) I would like to see flash and cyborg show off there moves some more. We haven't seen Auqaman in a long long time. I totally agree they should do the anti life equation story (probably where C
    hloe loses her life)

@lostlantern13: im not sure if he was 14 but the mind barrier thing is true. he is subconsciously holding himself back is what Jor-El said and he said its because he hasn't let go of the people he cared about on earth (Lois) and still at least partially thinks of himself as human

@Gambler:
    I like the suicide squad and secret six ideas. I dont think they would bring back doomsday bc he was so badly receivedand such a let down by fans

@ahumancartoon:  that was one of my first thoughts too. it just didnt seem like the Kryptonians style and the way they all just came down on him at once just screamed that it wasnt the kryptonians and then when he said it wasnt my first guess was parademons. Im not gonna lie tho. with the red high heels on the older lady at the end i thought it was Martha Kent the whole time till someone on here pointed out that it was granny goodness.

@Nick-SV(ril):
    in short i would say yes. He remembered nothing about his human side and purely embraced his Kryptonian side. The human side of him is what is holding him back.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @lostlantern13:  yea and the interesting thing is that everyone says she cant live thru the end but its an alternate universe so i dont see why she cant. In the comics Pete Ross never knew Clarks secret and as far as i know Martha was never in the Senate and never dated Perry White.

@Supreme Marvel said:
    " :

I thought it could be Lord's O.M.A.Cs   "
    thats an interesting idea. That would be cool.
    Warcry80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Warcry80

Great Post! I love this show! Smallville and Supernatural gives us guys something to watch while women have several shows like Gossip girl and other lame 16-20 something chick shows! I hope Both Smallville and Supernatural come back and with a Bang!

EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By EnSabahNurX

I didn't think doomsday was done badly, mainly because doomsday is just a difficult character to translate into television, I think for their budget it was good.

I want a real final battle more like zods and hope they dont do a doomsday fight. If they have darkseid then they have to have an awesome fight between clark and him because even in the cartoons they had pretty dirty fights that were usually intense. 

Would be awesome to see brainiac five, As for lex Mike said he's not returning BUT maybe they can get hime back for the last episode or two to show that he is back and he has a plan kind of moment.

Would be nice for kara to come back for an episode to help clark fight darkseids forces.

Oh the idea of him changing his suit to the traditional colors I wouldn't hate for them to do it this season and last episode show hime about to suit up in the real costume and cut to the cap flight scene without actually showing the full costume. Yea it would drive some people nuts not to see him n the costume, but That costume just does not translate well at all on TV, if you recall the adventures of lois and clark in the 90's, good show bad costume. 

Also doubt if they even show it, it would be spandex, smallville loves leather, so it would probably be a leathered out version. 

AHHHHH so many possibilities but no confirmations till they start filming T_____T, and if it truly is last season I'M GONNA HAVE NOTHING TO WATCH, all the shows that have been o for at least 5 seasons are ending at the sametime, guess I'll have to force myself to like The Cape show coming out.

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lostlantern13
    @DEGRAAF:  

That mask is creepy...it could totally work to make the parademons more interesting. As for Chloe, I hope she goes out on her own terms or in a heroic sacrifice...anything else would be a bit insulting. With "V" getting picked up, I don't think we'll see Laura Vandervoort back...sadly.     

@Supreme Marvel:

The O.M.A.C.'s are a cool idea, but I dunno how it'd be if the last villain were Max Lord. The battle wouldn't be as epic...whereas with Doomsday, you could end the series with an epic 2-hour episode with tons of JLA/JSA guest stars and a major battle. 

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostlantern13

CONFIRMATION? 

This quote is from an interview Tom Welling did with IGN.com. 

"

Q: Can you tease anything about the story arc for next season? It looks like we got a glimpse of Granny Goodness in the season finale.

Welling: Yeah. I hope so. I hope so! I honestly don't know. I wish I could tease something! The idea of Granny Goodness -- which they had to explain to me, as we were shooting it -- I thought was awesome. And I believe that she has this group of younger girls who work for her. I would imagine they would be around this year. " 

So, can we call Darkseid and Apokolips as confirmed?(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GreenLantern555

You mean Darkseid?

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By lostlantern13
    @GreenLantern555:
    That's what I said now, lol.
    GreenLantern555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GreenLantern555
    @lostlantern13: Hahaha! Touche!
    iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By iloverobots

No Smallville tonight... feels weird.

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By grimreaper1980

i was a little dissapointed with the season finale, cause clark got stabbed with the blue krytonite knife and fell off the building. that and the fact that none of the other superheroes actually made a physical appearance, only on the computer. but all the things that you pointed out are really intriging. but as for green lantern making an appearance, that's not going to happen because of the gl movie. but there are other heroes that can make appearances like: lobo, captain atom, blue beetle, elongated man, etrigan, orion, big barda, mr. miracle, lightray, and others. i mean, the flash, wonder-woman, batman, green lantern, and captain marvel cannot appear because of the stupid rule where they are being made into movies so they can't be used by smallville without the show getting sued. i would still like to see the thanagarians or the white martians or the daxamites or beings from pyetar(despero's planet). there is still so many things they can do with the show, i just hope it goes beyond season 10. it will be pretty cool if apocolips came to earth like you said, but i would like to see more than just darkseid, granny goodness, tess/lashina, and the parademons, what about kalibak or steppenwolf or mantis or canto or the other furies ; stompa and mad harriet

EpitomeofCool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EpitomeofCool

To make for a good season 10; They need to end the Chloe/Oliver relationship. Stop focusing so much on relationships in general. Oh my Zod, Clark and Lois are so rushed and recycled. We've already seen Clark go through all this relationship stuff with Lana. And the fact that Lois and Clark seem like brother and sister and make out is gross. What else, I'm afraid for Smallville to take on Darkside, his such a big villain and they usually don't do that well with big. Ummm oh yeah, bring Lana back and give her a better ending. And don't kill Chloe!

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Magian

I wish they would give Chloe her powers back. As for Darkseid, it's not a bad idea. But since this is the last season, I hope we finally see Clark becoming Superman.
    Icemizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Icemizer

Cant see Welling putting on the costume in the upcoming season, I guess he still thinks he isnt typecast or something. Darkseid is a great villian and it will be great to see how they pull it off. But this show still suffers from just hinting around what the viewing public wants to see. Its been nine years, give us the man of steel already. 

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By Supreme Marvel
    homeslice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By homeslice

There's bound to be another hero from the DC universe appearing. Seeing as its the last season it can be someone great.
     Wonder Woman has a new costume that won't be as hard to translate to the small screen. Why not have her in an episode or 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Darksied would be cool, but like you said they are limited and well Darksied is a complicated character to create with limited CGI. On the other hand I would like to see Lex come back of course I would also like to see him in one of those Lex corps battle suits and beating the pants off of superman. But still Darksied would be a favorite especially if he is voiced by the same guy who did his voice in Superman TAS and Justice League, who also does the voice for Sam Fisher.

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

I just read yesterday that James Masters will be coming back as Brainiac. Supergirl, Jonathan Kent, Brainiac , this season better be good.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Magian
    @Nick-SV(ril) said:

"I just read yesterday that James Masters will be coming back as Brainiac. Supergirl, Jonathan Kent, Brainiac , this season better be good. "

Really? Brainiac will return?
    Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)

There's the announcement
    http://www.tvguide.com/News/James-Marsters-Smallville-1020899.aspx and
    http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2010-7-23-james-marsters-will-return-to-smallville

lostlantern13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MKF30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MKF30

There's this video too you know guys... 

Nick-SV(ril)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Nick-SV(ril)
    @MKF30 said:
    "

There's this video too you know guys..."

thanks for posting. heres better version of it, still no good sound tho.the costume looks like in Superman Returns,the shield part.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#49  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I'm still praying that Darkseid makes an appearance, season 9 teased it so well. I'm really looking forward to this season :)

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Magian
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    "I'm still praying that Darkseid makes an appearance, season 9 teased it so well. I'm really looking forward to this season :) "

Me too. It would be nice to see Darkseid.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.