Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 18944 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Should Superman finally have a son in the Comics

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

my friend said the writer's of the new 52 should give supes a son (preferably with wonder woman B4 their relationship ends). At first i laughed at this suggestion, but then i remember the recent success and popularity of damien wayne. Alot of people didn't like it at first then damien forged a cult following of his own, which even expanded upon his death.

This is something i will not lie would be interesting and would make the inevitable break up with wonder woman even more dramatic. Just imagine not only the power a child of their would add but also for superman to finally be viewed as a father after all these years.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Eternal19

With Wonder Woman HELL NO!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: He does, kind of, Superboy is a clone of the son of Superman and Lois, from the future, but the son was raised by a villain but got sick and is now in stasis.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#4  Edited By Black_Claw

Should he have a child? Yes!

With Wonder Woman? No. Just no.

Zijuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should he have a child? Yes!

With Wonder Woman? No. Just no.

My hypothetical response.

Z I J U U N

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

Didn't he kind of have a child in the form of Chris Kent pre-52? Well......I was okay with that.

darkman61288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way I would be okay with that if the son becomes a Super villain.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bring back Chris Kent, and i'll be cool with it....but they should definitely wait till Superman establishes a lasting relationship with Lois again...

Or, why not have finally Superman impregnate Lois??! The yellow sun exposure can be countered with a 9 month isolation in a specially made red sun environment lol

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SanoHibiki

Nah…

DC already tried that plotline in past. Chris Kent in Pre-52 Universe, may add to that Jason from SR. Both times introducing son-like-figure in Superman’s stories didn’t give increase in readers (and financial success), and after introducing further development of “father-son” relationship were portrayed … not very convincingly. Authors simply don’t know what to do much with “child of Superman”, especially since we already have Superboy (who can be called unwanted son).

I think current Superman too young to having children and prefer reading how he saves the world rather than soap opera of his personal life.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@primebonnick: ...why do you specify the gender of the child? It just sounds...weird.

And no.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@primebonnick: ...why do you specify the gender of the child? It just sounds...weird.

And no.

thats why i used damian as an example batman has a son so i said why not supes.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By primebonnick

so everyone has an issue with it being diana hmm i wonder why. I don't think it has to be her i'm all for it being with maxima as well and preferably she raises him and he comes back to fight supes. Still if they do it again i don't want it to be now but it would be fun

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RDClip

I think Supes should only have kids in Elseworlds stories set in the future.

I certainly believe Clark and Lois should never have kids. In a practical sense I can't imagine a safe way Lois can have Clark's kid. The process of ... um... obtaining Superman's 'seed' would be dangerous enough and who knows what supersperm would do to a human body. Secondly, the baby would be half-Kryptonian so if he kicks in her womb, he can damn-well crush her spine.

In a thematic sense, it would add a underpinning of tragedy to their relationship. Although Clark's personality is human, he is an alien and there should be cons to that. If they want to adopt a kid, I'm fine with that. They could redo the Chris Kent story or just adopt a human kid.

Though with the recent news of Batwoman's editorial mandates, DC hates marriage of all kinds and thinks their writers are all too stupid to write an interesting married couple. So Lois and Clark will never get married as long as DC still has it's current leadership.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

And no.

Why not a daughter?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@primebonnick said:

@squares said:

And no.

Why not a daughter?

because son's are always seen as heirs even as much as ra's loves talia he always wanted a son to be his heir. Plus i wanted a son for him so he and damian could interact. Would be epic huh son of batman and superman having a rivalry.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip:

Red sun sex room and red sun living conditions for lois's pregnancy term lol

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

No, not unless it's an Elseworlds tale or something like that.

Eternal19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eternal19

@squares said:

@primebonnick said:

@squares said:

And no.

Why not a daughter?

because son's are always seen as heirs even as much as ra's loves talia he always wanted a son to be his heir. Plus i wanted a son for him so he and damian could interact. Would be epic huh son of batman and superman having a rivalry.

Damian is dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick said:

@squares said:

@primebonnick said:

@squares said:

And no.

Why not a daughter?

Damian can't interact with girls? Holy hell, is he allergic or something?

You're kind of digging yourself into a hole here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad9d72d64170
    deactivated-5ad9d72d64170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If Superman is mortal and DC wants to keep this comic book character, then yes. But can the son replacing the father? Or in other words: Can DC waive the father?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

I love that Superman can't have children with Lois because of their genetic differences, and no one questions it.

Superman can have a child with the magic clay woman, and it's somehow OK?

And Superman should never have a child other than an adopted one, because he and Lois can't bear children and it's a beautifully tragic integral point of their relationship.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt:

I love that Superman can't have children with Lois because of their genetic differences, and no one questions it.

Actually, in many Elseworlds and off-shots from mainstream continuity Superman managed to impregnate Lois many times. Plus in New-52 I think that Lobdell was going to introduce Jon Lane Kent – future Superboy and in the end it all would somehow lead to his fight with Kon-El.

Superman can have a child with the magic clay woman, and it's somehow OK?

Now Diana no longer MCMW (Magic Clay Made Woman), she is demigoddess and daughter of Hyppolita and Zeus.

And Superman should never have a child other than an adopted one

Agree on that. Superman having biological son … I don’t know, diminishes Last Son of Krypton – concept of his character and I think that writers should concentrate on developing Superman personality, not on his problems as parent.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@primebonnick said:

@squares said:

@primebonnick said:

@squares said:

And no.

Why not a daughter?

Damian can't interact with girls? Holy hell, is he allergic or something?

You're kind of digging yourself into a hole here.

how am i digging a hole i said as an heir which most men want to me male. If you want him to have a daughter just make a topic suggesting so my friend. I want it to be a son (and no i'm not sexist)

LoisLaneKent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think what exactly Lois will give birth to the son from the Superman.The fact that Lois has psionic abilities, says the imminent appearance of John.He and Connor possess the same powers.

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd like a Jon Lane Kent: Son of Superman limited solo/replacement for Superboy, mostly because his costume is so baws. Plus, I could dig it if he became a anti-hero struggling with his inner demons (*cough* Kaine) while still flexing his power despite its limitations (*weez* Kaine)

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And Superman should never have a child other than an adopted one, because he and Lois can't bear children and it's a beautifully tragic integral point of their relationship.

Lol implying that anyone takes the time to analyze the intricate, more subtle, details that make pre-New 52 relationships important and take a deeper reserve of story understanding. Nope: Clark prolly heart Lois, Clark lonely bc he so strong, so Supes heart WW.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@loislanekent: that would be a cool twist.also the fact that the powers that Lois has now kill the ppl with them inside 5 years,kinda could go with how Jon's DNA became unstable,and he was left for dead in the future.

Maybe Jon has Lois latent psi power,even when she loses them,cause we know she will.maybe it was just enough to mutate normal kryptonian powers into his trademarked TTK.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: Jon's suit was originally superboys from his original series,check it out,he had two suits back then,this is one of them,but with a lot more black,which is now Kon's main color.

Oh and superboy is supposed to already be a ant-hero,but the writers don't know how to write him.

HuiZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be nice.

I'd say the same for Mr. Stark, but different universe.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eternal19: yes but with Ra's taking his body how long will he be dead for

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@black_claw: @eternal19:

why not? he needs to start a legacy somehow... and have a krptonian/demigoddess hybrid would be a powerful protector of humanity

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Last Son handled Clark with a child(adopted) quite well. Obviously, plot reasons were at play but I enjoyed it a lot.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He has offspring without them actually being his kids,superboy,Cir-el,Bizzaro,adopted lor-Zod/Chris,and has a future child already shown in Jon lane kent.

I think Lois should be the only way he ever gets a actual son or daughter IMO.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By MakkyD

@rdclip: The unborn child would never had felt sunlight, it'd be pretty unpowered until after a while in the world.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Doesn't he already have one in the new 52?

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about a daughter? and yes he should have a child... with Maxima!!

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't be done man, because that would mean that he would actually develop as a character, and you know how DC hates that.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By THORSON

yes sure

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be interesting

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd said:

@rdclip: The unborn child would never had felt sunlight, it'd be pretty unpowered until after a while in the world.

Actually, in Pre-52 Universe Clark managed to impregnate Lois, to very unhappy ending: death of Lois, after their unborn child causes her death from internal bleeding when it kicks in her womb. Apparently, even a half-kryptonian child was too much for a normal woman to bear.

No Caption Provided

That story was “What if”-like and shown one of possible futures

Just read Superboy #19. And here we have one more reason why for a time Superman shouldn’t have children (at least, with Earth women).

Looks like naturally produced human-kryptonian hybrids don’t develop healthy, since species not fully compatible.

So, if Supes want children, he better “cook” them in lab.

Anyway, since I don’t want Superman to be single father, children issue must appear after establishing working relationship between him and his chosen girl (preferably even marriage). With DC new official stance on superhero marrying, it wouldn’t be soon.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: well that's why you should like superboys new origin then,you get the child of Lois and Clark,but one removed,as in a clone of their actual kid.so superman isn't his daddy,just his DNA donors daddy.

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stephens2177:

well that's why you should like superboys new origin then,you get the child of Lois and Clark

I always was indifferent about Superboy. Sometimes I read his comics only because he is part of Super-family (and when I have spare money).

In Pre-52 I disliked Loser-issue: got some gay vibes from it, plus Loser usually raves about how Superman disrupt human evolution, humanity capability to defend itself, then next thing he do – create hybrid from his and Kryptonian DNA. In New-52 I dislike Lane-issue, since I support SM/WW.

so superman isn't his daddy,just his DNA donors daddy.

When Superman potentially creates his “child” himself in FoS because natural way doesn’t work for him – that is one thing, when someone steal his DNA and experiment with it without Supes agreement – that just … violation.

My stance – Superman shouldn’t have children, at least for a quite some time. Writers better develop his character without making him daddy just for kicks.

stephens2177

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sanohibiki: I'm for lex working with general lane to steal then create their own superman.then of course superboy is freed when he isn't done growing,which gives us a teen.

I don't like the daddy angle at all,I like the weapon angle much more.over time they can have a friendly,almost brotherly relationship,but nothing to sweet and loving ugh.

I like Lois as his donor more than lex as his donor,but if I really had my way I would just make him a mutated clone of superman created by humans,that way there is no talk of who is the donor,we can concentrate on the character,and I like the mutation part,cause it means he can still have his TTK,and I like that humans made him,so you get that feeling that humans can achieve greatness by creating him,but that the fact that they made him,and he isn't perfect means his powers have flaws in them(which would be his focus,which when he doesn't have it,he can be hurt,almost like a human).

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

He already has in Injustice.

Seriously, kids, check that stuff out.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I liked Chris Kent before he got aged up and became another Nightwing.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how about a daughter? and yes he should have a child... with Maxima!!

that would be so BAWS man if not diana then yes i say maxima that kid would be epic especially if he grew up with his mom. Maxima is one of my top 3 fave DC females

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.