Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 19038 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

No Sun,No problem.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So i was jumping around shootin hoops n started thinking about how it wld be if i was doin that on the moon(my mind strays),anyway i was thinking,say the moon was inhabitable and we sent a human baby born on earth to live there,it would grow up the same way it would grow up on earth except it wld be alot stronger relatively,about six times....now i thought maybe that bone density thing would be affected but that wld happen over the course of time through evolution,wouldn't it? when the newer generations start physically adjusting to the lower gravity.

Now on to superman.Action Comics #5(New 52) clearly states earth's gravity is 20% that of Krypton's and Kal-El was born there,so even though he was sent to earth he would be physically Kryptonian,so under normal conditions (and like in the golden age) he wld be relatively alot stronger and faster than a normal human due to the lesser gravity and resulting lower pressure.

The point im trying to make is,he is already physically superior and then the Yellow Sun fuels his cells and consequently his strength,speed and senses to earth shattering levels and allows him to output that energy through his eyes converting them into different wavelengths of radiation and micro waves and freeze and super breadth.

So if by some reason supes is drained of his solar power(which takes a while when deprived of yellow sun light) or when he's exposed to red solar rays on earth,he isn't weakened to human levels of strength,he is at least 5 times stronger and faster than the typical buff,ripped, 6'3" human male,which is still pretty strong(obviously nothing compared to Solar fueled supes but still) relative to every other human.By my understanding red sun rays only cancel out his yellow sun fueled powers and not diminish him physically........

(so superman under a red sun still beats a batman without the suit and gadgets...sorry,haha i just had to....unless batman could get to his pressure points,but do kryptonians have the same pressure points as humans? hmmm LOL!)

Anyway hopefully writers acknowledge this,i know this is comics and anything flies(no pun intended) but ppl want more realistic comics, right? i mean this isn't even complicated physics...i'd love if this point was used in the comics.

The point that Non yellow solar fueled superman is still a "Super" man!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: In a way, yea and that is apparent cuz of his new 52 origin, but i hope that writers acknowledge that instead of essentially making him human when he's not solar powered.

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Hope his enemies get a boost as well, can't have it too easy for the man of steel

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@nerx: yea i think He'l was proof of that boost cuz he was insanely powerful!!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nerx

@ultimatesmfan: Not new chumps with 90's design, I meant his classic roster of villains like toy man and parasite

they need some love too

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerx: Oh yea, Definitely!

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

So basically he would be John Carter of Mars?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

please, we've seen him depowered and getting beaten up and jumped by common muggers. He's still a 6 ft tall giant of a man, but he comes off as some loser chump when he is depowered

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LIke these?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LIke these?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

What is this for? I don't understand

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightrise: comic logic plus science,hear me out, so if u visit a planet with lesser gravity ur bones and muscles wld start to atrophy after a couple of months...yellow solar rays keep that from happening in superman so he's all grown up now n still normal so if his solar power was taken away he'd be 5 times stronger than a normal person unless he's deprived of it for a couple of months then ya his muscles n stuff wld start to atrophy,so if earth had a red sun he wld have grown weaker as he grew up and probably be as strong as a normal man but since the yellow sun fuels him anyway it wld keep his bones n stuff from atrophying in essence retaining a normal kryptonians bone and muscle density......ya I kno I think too much but I'm in that group who likes a strong superman not silver age crap but strong nonetheless :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

Nonsense. Batman would wipe the floor with Superman if they were fighting under the rays of a red sun. Relative to Bruce, Clark has the fighting ability of a rhesus monkey.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane: that's why bane broke his back, right?

Setting aside the fact that relative to Bane, Clark has the fighting ability of a gibbon, Bane broke Batman's back because Bruce was half-dead before the fight had even started. Literally anyone who has ever read Knightfall or is even vaguely aware of the circumstances of that fight knows this.

Really, if you're going to say silly things, at least make it challenging.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: would batman's skill mean anything if he was fighting a tiger? N I meant that line as a joke don't blow it up if u haven't read the rest of what I wrote.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Saren

@citizenbane: would batman's skill mean anything if he was fighting a tiger? N I meant that line as a joke don't blow it up if u haven't read the rest of what I wrote.

Considering one of Batman's regular foes, Killer Croc, is physically superior to a tiger in every way imaginable and has still been beaten by Bruce using his bare hands, yeah, it would probably mean something.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: oh ok cool, and also thx cuz the next time someone says batman is better cuz he's more relatable cuz he's human and anyone can be batman ill be sure to tell them that.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizenbane: oh ok cool, and also thx cuz the next time someone says batman is better cuz he's more relatable cuz he's human and anyone can be batman ill be sure to tell them that.

My heart is gladdened.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatesmfan: Not just anyone can be batman, he had radioactive prep dumped all over him for one.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Clark has the fighting ability of a rhesus monkey.

Since most of his opponents are wimps, and writers refrain from using his full potential

he can use kicks and pressure points

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: if some woman in the red sun is stronger than man,on the earth,she would be far stronger than superman./.however,this is BA comics book,not SA

Ciriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
    deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If he grew up under our gravity it would have the same effect of Astronauts living for extended periods of time in space. Bone and muscle density would both deteriorate until he has the same bone and muscle density as the rest of us. What you are saying doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ciriel said:

@deaditegonzo said:

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2001/ast02aug_1/

Supes would likely suffer degeneration of his muscles and bones, after a few months on earth.

Well unless he went to a planet of heavier gravity this explanation shouldn't be too much of a problem

Only in the sense that he's body, which was initially adapted for much higher gravity, degenerated under the much lower gravity, and would then be optimized for lower gravity scenarios. My only point is that without a yellow sun on a 1G planet, Supes would NOT still be a Super human. Not for long anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.