Follow

Superman

Character » Superman appears in 19043 issues.

Sent to Earth as an infant from the dying planet Krypton, Kal-El was adopted by the loving Kent family and raised in America's heartland as Clark Kent. Using his immense solar-fueled powers, he became Superman to defend mankind against all manner of threats while championing truth, justice, and the American way!

Is Pak getting better or worse?

Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
    Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you think

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

He is about the same. His first arc on Action Comics ended fantastically and his Secret Origins story was very good. His Batman/Superman sucks though.

What exactly made you to create this thread?

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably editor influence, evidently tends to weaken writing( in some cases), although as @squalleon: said his action run has been consistent, BM/SM hasn't.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably editor influence, evidently tends to weaken writing( in some cases), although as @squalleon: said his action run has been consistent, BM/SM hasn't.

The first story arc ended very strong and the Secret Origins story was very interesting and emotional too. I wonder what happens to Pak when he touches BM/SM, all the heart he puts to his stories seems to run out and it is replaced with douchebagery...

SanoHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is some mess with solicits and release order, but storytelling-wise Pak writes consistently good IMO.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By SaintWildcard

I prefer him ten fold over Snyder though :D

That being said I think his strong suit is young Clark. His Zero Year, BM/SM and Secret Origins had moments that made me smile and tear up.

@squalleon said:

His Batman/Superman sucks though.

WHat about the first arc? Did you hate that one too?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That being said I think his strong suit is young Clark. His Zero Year, BM/SM and Secret Origins had moments that made me smile and tear up.

@squalleon said:

The first arc was a good start and the annual was enjoyable too.

The bickering and competition between these two heroes was fun because they were both young, inexperienced and arrogant but when that only gets more intense and more childish five years later, it kills it for me. It's a constant competition about who will one up each other. I mean look at the second arc for example. Superman "trolling" Batman, seriously?
    The art by Jae Lee isn't any better too, it started getting on my nerves. I mean the guy has genuine talent and that poor excuse of an art he uses in BM/SM makes me wanna kill him. Compare his Fantastic Four to his BM/SM and then tell me he hasn't become lazy. Dark silouetes even in direct sunlight, lazy face designs, no backgrounds, ugh...

Anyway I can take this title only as mindless pop corn entertainment but with so many better titles out there for both characters I don't see the reason to settle on this one.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@squalleon said:

He is about the same. His first arc on Action Comics ended fantastically and his Secret Origins story was very good. His Batman/Superman sucks though.

It sucks because he doesn't gave full control of the current arc, which sucks. I can't wait for the crossover to be over.

Dude...agreed. I don't given a rats ass about Huntress or Powergirl.

Jae Lee's art though...I want him to do an Aquaman book lol

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@fallschirmjager said:

@theacidskull said:

@squalleon said:

It sucks because he doesn't gave full control of the current arc, which sucks. I can't wait for the crossover to be over.

Dude...agreed. I don't given a rats ass about Huntress or Powergirl.

Jae Lee's art though...I want him to do an Aquaman book lol

yeah, it's a shame because Pak does a fairly good job of writing the characters well and providing an entertaining story.

It's all lead up to Earth 2 isn't it? I assume both Earth 2 and Worlds Finest are gonna become the Earth 2 weekly.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

To be honest, I think the second arc is very mediocre too. His Annual and first arc was the only things I liked from Pak's BM/SM.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

His AC has been fun, the event got in his way for the last issue, but it was still good. I like him, his BM/SM, on the other hand, lost me.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

About the same if not better.H is Action Comics is my favorite title right now, I also think his Batman/Superman has still been pretty good, it got sidetracked by the First Contact crossover but now that it's over I'm sure it'll pick up again.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By UltimateSMfan

@squalleon said:

@thehipkid said:

@squalleon said:

The bickering and competition between these two heroes was fun because they were both young, inexperienced and arrogant but when that only gets more intense and more childish five years later, it kills it for me.It's a constant competition about who will one up each other. I mean look at the second arc for example. Superman "trolling" Batman, seriously?

Oh My God! This is what's starting to really bug me....I honestly feel the underlying theme of this book is Batman VS Superman and i Hate that!! I mean what happened to these two making the sarcastic jokes and playing off each other like they did in the previous series? And actually working together to stop a threat without it ending with them pitted against each other.

Fine bats vs supes is a hot topic but now their whole dynamic revolves around that and everyone knows how much it's been overused in the past couple of years. I really don't like it,about 30% of the time cuz there's a huge amount of PIS for obvious reasons and i dont like seeing supes jobbing and the rest of the time i just really miss the Friendship the old relationship between these two characters. IMO who would do what better and whos smarter than whom shouldn't be the basis of their relationship, there's mutual respect there...Well at least there was,smh.

I really want to ask Pak on tumblr what he feels about this whole Supes vs Bats craze,its literally spilling into every facet of continuity. Am i the only one absolutely sick of it??

zeejaybay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@squalleon said:

@thehipkid said:

@squalleon said:

The bickering and competition between these two heroes was fun because they were both young, inexperienced and arrogant but when that only gets more intense and more childish five years later, it kills it for me.It's a constant competition about who will one up each other. I mean look at the second arc for example. Superman "trolling" Batman, seriously?

Oh My God! This is what's starting to really bug me....I honestly feel the underlying theme of this book is Batman VS Superman and i Hate that!! I mean what happened to these two making the sarcastic jokes and playing off each other like they did in the previous series? And actually working together to stop a threat without it ending with them pitted against each other.

Fine bats vs supes is a hot topic but now their whole dynamic revolves around that and everyone knows how much it's been overused in the past couple of years. I really don't like it,about 30% of the time cuz there's a huge amount of PIS for obvious reasons and i dont like seeing supes jobbing and the rest of the time i just really miss the Friendship the old relationship between these two characters. IMO who would do what better and whos smarter than whom shouldn't be the basis of their relationship, there's mutual respect there...Well at least there was,smh.

I really want to ask Pak on tumblr what he feels about this whole Supes vs Bats craze,its literally spilling into every facet of continuity. Am i the only one absolutely sick of it??

No, I'm completely sick of it too. It hasn't existed for a long time but I miss them genuinely being...well friends. You should ask Pak this though, I'd be interested in what he said.

Avatar image for whowatchesthewatchmen
    Whowatchesthewatchmen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: I was beginning to see some disagreement on his talent and works in the vine

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.