Follow

Storm

Character » Storm appears in 10183 issues.

Born to an American photo journalist and Kenyan princess, Ororo Munroe is one of the most recognizabe superheroines in the Marvel Universe. Using her unique ability to see and manipulate natural energy patterns of the universe to summon any type of weather phenomenon she desires in the blink of an eye, she is called Storm.

Can Storm do it?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

1. Can Storm manipulate the traffic light like if she wants to get a red light, it will light red, if yellow, it will light yellow, if green, it will light green. Can she do it?

2. It's brown out and Storm wants to watch tv. Can she turn the tv on since she can generate electricity?

3. Can she clean water like:

A. If there's an oil spill in the river, can she take it out from the river?

B. Can she purify a dirty water and make it drinkable?

C. Can she separate the water from an iced tea?

4. Can she recharge batteries like:

A. recharging rechargeable batteries?

B. recharge her cellphone?

C. recharge the car's battery?

wolverine1610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't think so. i haven't seen her have that fine and exact control of her powers. I've seen her make a tiny storm cloud to water plants but she doesn't generate electricity or water for stuff like recharging batteries or cleaning a river

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Can Storm manipulate the traffic light like if she wants to get a red light, it will light red, if yellow, it will light yellow, if green, it will light green. Can she do it?

2. It's brown out and Storm wants to watch tv. Can she turn the tv on since she can generate electricity?

1) i'm not entirely sure how she would do that..i think she would have to "shift" the electricity from one bulb to the next but with extreme care so there won't be an accident

2) not sure , but in the scan i saw when she was training herself to see electrical impulses and detected a cable that had nothing to do with the alarm system..i guess it COULD be but not to entirely sure

3)

A) that would be cool but since oil floats on the surface of water..a twister or a mini tornado just a little over the water would be enough , but she would also have to be manipulating the water to ensure it doesn't get sucked up by her wind , and she did say water is harder for her to manipulate water than air because water is thicker

B) she boiled water using lightning (which is stupid because she could have just heated it up since her power set indicates "heat as strong as the earth allows" sooooo yeah i think thats the only way she could do it

C) not sure how in the world is she gonna do that , because its iced tea...its just like flavoured water with sugars added soooooo i'm thinking no

4)

A) not sure..if its a battery like a car battery maybe...

B) She would have to be trying REALLY HARD not to blow up that cell phone , she packs more electricity than probably anything else on the planet..."enough electricity as the earth can generate" so she would have to essentially become the "adapter" you know the part of the charger that goes into the wall and stop the phone from being overloaded or explode...

C) look at "A"

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

on the first 3 no to everything. on the 4th, does she know how much voltage she can generate? because it's extremely easy to blow up electrical devices.

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stormchild1997

@thetimestreamer said:

on the first 3 no to everything. on the 4th, does she know how much voltage she can generate? because it's extremely easy to blow up electrical devices.

why no on the first three?.. her removing oil from water is debatable...she would need wind..just enough to try and remove the oil without taking any if not most of the water with it , so if anything its no to the first 2 and a possible IF on the third

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jhazzroucher said:

1) i'm not entirely sure how she would do that..i think she would have to "shift" the electricity from one bulb to the next but with extreme care so there won't be an accident

2) not sure , but in the scan i saw when she was training herself to see electrical impulses and detected a cable that had nothing to do with the alarm system..i guess it COULD be but not to entirely sure

3)

A) that would be cool but since oil floats on the surface of water..a twister or a mini tornado just a little over the water would be enough , but she would also have to be manipulating the water to ensure it doesn't get sucked up by her wind , and she did say water is harder for her to manipulate water than air because water is thicker

B) she boiled water using lightning (which is stupid because she could have just heated it up since her power set indicates "heat as strong as the earth allows" sooooo yeah i think thats the only way she could do it

C) not sure how in the world is she gonna do that , because its iced tea...its just like flavoured water with sugars added soooooo i'm thinking no

4)

A) not sure..if its a battery like a car battery maybe...

B) She would have to be trying REALLY HARD not to blow up that cell phone , she packs more electricity than probably anything else on the planet..."enough electricity as the earth can generate" so she would have to essentially become the "adapter" you know the part of the charger that goes into the wall and stop the phone from being overloaded or explode...

C) look at "A"

Thanks for the answers. : )

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@stormchild1997:

1. Can Storm manipulate the traffic light like if she wants to get a red light, it will light red, if yellow, it will light yellow, if green, it will light green. Can she do it? it would be throwing electricity at a stop light. she would blow the light bulbs.

2. It's brown out and Storm wants to watch tv. Can she turn the tv on since she can generate electricity? see 1.

A. If there's an oil spill in the river, can she take it out from the river? can she manipulate water at a molecular level?

B. Can she purify a dirty water and make it drinkable? can she manipulate water at a molecular level?

C. Can she separate the water from an iced tea? can she manipulate water at a molecular level?

stormchild1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormchild1997:

@jhazzroucher said:

1. Can Storm manipulate the traffic light like if she wants to get a red light, it will light red, if yellow, it will light yellow, if green, it will light green. Can she do it? it would be throwing electricity at a stop light. she would blow the light bulbs.

2. It's brown out and Storm wants to watch tv. Can she turn the tv on since she can generate electricity? see 1.

A. If there's an oil spill in the river, can she take it out from the river? can she manipulate water at a molecular level?

B. Can she purify a dirty water and make it drinkable? can she manipulate water at a molecular level?

C. Can she separate the water from an iced tea? can she manipulate water at a molecular level?

i agreed with you on the first two...its the oil and water i'm speaking about..

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I would say no to all of them.

The electricity based ones due to the need for her to accurately control the amount of power she puts into the device. Like a battery isn't just going to soak any amount of power, too little and it wont work, too much and it will fry.

The water ones because it's mostly unrelated to weather.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

I would say no to all of them.

The electricity based ones due to the need for her to accurately control the amount of power she puts into the device. Like a battery isn't just going to soak any amount of power, too little and it wont work, too much and it will fry.

The water ones because it's mostly unrelated to weather.

agreed...but she can manipulate water...or she could just use wind to get most of the oil off the surface of water

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mooty_Pass  Online

I have seen storm shut down power In a whole shIp. I thInk that kInda answers #1.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have seen storm shut down power In a whole shIp. I thInk that kInda answers #1.

that was toooooooooooooootally awesome!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.