Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17270 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Some of my favorite Amazing Spider-man Comics

Koz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 3

Edited By Koz

Hear is some of my Favorite Comics from old Web Head. # 313 was ny first Spider-man issue that I bought what was your first Spidey issue!!

ngroove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ngroove

1.  My first Amazing Spider-Man, I believe, was issue #409 ( was a Spider-fan dating back to June 1995, but even though I might have some Spectaculars, Web-ofs, here-and-there, was more of an Untold Tales of Spider-Man guy myself, from 1995, to 1997).  But hey, did have some Rhino, and was already familiarized with Joystick, Kaine around that point all the same, all by Mark Bagley.  Prepare to have Bagley's name on a lot on my list! 

2. Amazing Spider-Man #392.  Highly don't take a liking to this cold, emotionless, Spider-Man phase.  But hey, Shriek is a babe, made even more babe the moment she whips out her dominatrix ensemble that issue. 

3.  Amazing Spider-Man #375.  Classic Spider-Man / Venom showdown, although might have some intrusion by Silver Sable's Wild Pack. 

4-5.  Amazing Spider-Man #280-281.   Ahh, the Sinister Syndicate.   Well, sure Rhino can probably, and had, beaten Spidey to next Wednesday a few times.  As for the Beetle, Boomerang, Speed Demon, Hydro-Man, sure, Spidey can take down each and every one of them separately, but together, they can sure give Spidey, as well as Silver Sable that outing, a run for their money!   Also featuring the Sandman, when he soonafter joined the Wild Pack aswell.  A heroic, well-charactered Sandman, I have missed him. 

6.   Amazing Spider-Man #249.   One of the earliest original Johnny Romita Jr. Hobgoblin chapters I could find ( at an affordable price, any earlier issues has been, and still is rare, other words pricey!).   The Hobgoblin, at his blackmailing lowest, threatening philantropists, including Harry Osborn, J Jonah Jameson, and "Roderick Kingsley"!   Even managed to nearly finish off our hero, only to be saved, of all people, by the Wilson Fisk. 

7.   Amazing Spider-Man #414.   Deadly is Delilah.  Sure, in later issues, at various points between 1996-1998, she may be depicted as "overmuscled" ( but still pretty sexy!), but to me, drawn by Mark Bagley, she had never been sexier, and dangerous, more than her initial outing. 

8.  Amazing Spider-Man # 388.  Has it all.  Vulture youth-sapping, Chameleon scheming, and vignettes of Venom, Cardiac, and Chance.  But most of all, Peter Parker's "parents".  Truly, a chilling battle against his "father", and moving was his "mother's" love, whether she was artificial after all. 

9. Amazing Spider-Man #406.   One of the few cases I would add to this list alone, story is decent enough, yet the artist was not as smooth as Bagley.    Yes, I know, that Doctor Octopus was not the same as Otto, but for October 1995- August 1997, Carolyn Trainer WAS DOCTOR OCTOPUS!   And gotta admit, under Mark Bagley, Doctor Octopus never looked HOTTER! 

10.  Amazing Spider-Man #423.  My Electro was, and still is, mostly his classic lightning-bolt mask look, but gotta admit, for that one issue, under Joe Bennett, Electro never looked more formidable, sans-mask!  Not to mention, was formidable, he actually learned, tore through Spidey's old tricks he used to pull on him in the past, and actually got the wall-crawler begging for mercy under his newly re-charged crackling pure electrical power!  
    TheSheepHerder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheSheepHerder

First issue I got was #601 and my personal fave is #640 'cause my name is mentioned at the very last page. :-) I know it sounds really darn corny but hey, at least that old wish of my name appearing on a Marvel comic book became true!

dorsk188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By dorsk188

Re: 2 - I sort of liked the "Peter Parker No More" phase...  Although, it may have been because I read it when I was at that age when dark and edgy heroes were really appealing.  

Re: 7 - Mmm....  Delilah....  She was appealing to me at a certain age, for a different reason... 

Re: 10 - Was that the issue where Pete made that insulated suit?  I always hoped the rubber suit was in the back of his closet, waiting for another electric villain attack, but I don't remember ever seeing it again...

OminousFlare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By OminousFlare

Heh, a ranking thread. I am so bad at organizing that I couldn't really rank the issues in a 'top 10' list or whatever, so I'll just throw my thoughts out there.

- I'm still reading up (and only caught on till ASM #205), so I don't really know a lot of issues. But I particularly like the Master Planner arc, especially the issues when a bloodlust Spidey kicked the asses out of all the crooks to get information out of them. Also, all of Steve Ditko's run (nothing I've read since then have been as well-strung or melodic), except near the end of it when he pulled the traditional "I'm leaving soon so I don't give a shit" attitude many Spidey writers (inclusive of Marv Wolfman) would later follow.

In fact, for Wolfman's case, that was nearly his attitude throughout his whole run, save the 10 issues from #190 (or even later) to #200.

- Then there was also The Death of Gwen Stacy, of course. Loved the writing more than the shock factor - not that the revelation really came as a surprise to me by then anyway. Conway was shining quite well.

- I really like The Mindworm issues. It's such a shame that he was so underrated till the point where he only appeared in literally two or five issues, ever. He could've been The Lizard (taken his role, I mean).

- The appearance of Carrion. Hands down. Go sleep in a dirt mound, Carnage. :P

- Quite a number of PPSSM indeed outranked ASM as people have said. There are quite a lot of stories in there that I like (though they are not awesome enough to be Amazing, pardon the pun).

- Marvel Team-Up late #40-ish to #50 or #52. Yes. The appearance of Jean Dewolff. Probably the best MTU story I've read so far (I'm at #96 or so)... which is pretty pathetic if you ask me. But it's MTU. Go figure.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.