Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17262 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

Peter parker is the future tony stark

• 64 results
    Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
    TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@magnetic_eye: There's nothing wrong with Pete being successful on his own merit and within the confines of plausible storytelling. Slott is a terrible writer.

My willingness to suspend my critical faculties and believe the unbelievable, to any sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment with Slott's writing is non existent. Why? because he doesn't factor in plausibility into his storytelling.

Some people say "oh, but it's only comics!" Well I can only suspend my disbelief for so long before all plausibility flys out the window. IMO the quality of writing on ASM has significantly dropped since Slott started.

This in a big major way, again good sir very well said.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8
    deactivated-5dba458f4f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter really isn't the next Tony stark instead he still his own person because even through the current series he shows that he using all his inventions to help the better the world

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@christianrapper:

There's nothing wrong with Pete being successful on his own merit and within the confines of plausible storytelling. Slott is a terrible writer.

My willingness to suspend my critical faculties and believe the unbelievable, to any sacrifice of realism and logic for the sake of enjoyment with Slott's writing is non existent. Why? because he doesn't factor in plausibility into his storytelling.

Some people say "oh, but it's only comics!" Well I can only suspend my disbelief for so long before all plausibility flys out the window. IMO the quality of writing on ASM has significantly dropped since Slott started.

Why isn't is plausible for Peter to be so successful? If we just go by his talent, connection, and intelligence, this should be child's play for him. The only thing I didn't like was the rushed transition, but I think it is perfectly plausible for Peter to be this successful.

@w0nd said:
    @animehunter said:
    @blackspidey2099 said:
    @theheaven_guardian10 said:

Let some people tell it, Peter becoming the next Tony is the best thing to happen to him.

Yes, it completely is one of, if not the best, and you can't even argue against it LOL (the only thing that could be better than this is the marriage).

While I agree with Peter being successful, it's the level of success I don't agree with, Peter isn't a character who IMO would do well having a global company, personally I feel he is more suited for a small-medium size company that is located in New York with him as head scientist. And I 1000% agree that the marriage would improve things considerably.

Peter barely runs it. Anna Maria pretty much does, so I don't find it unbelievable, and since she knows he's spider-man I am also willing to accept that she tolerates his flakiness unlike the other people in his life who just assumed he's bailed repeatedly on them over and over for the last 13 years .

This is all going to blow up in his face anyway I'm just glad May got to live to see him become successful.

My favorite point of peters life though was Horizon. Not a big boss but his unorthodox ways got him respect, or at least backhanded compliments.

And this is what I hate most of all - Marvel themselves ruining Spider-Man. OMD was bad enough for me, and if they pull something like that again I will almost definitely drop Marvel altogether. My love for Spider-Man eclipses my regard for every other fictional character put together, so I will boycott anything to show Marvel my displeasure if they f**k with Spidey, no matter how good other things may be. (Honestly, I'm the type of guy that would prefer Marvel to go bankrupt than them screwing with my favorite character, so I'm maybe not the best example, LOL).

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheaven_guardian10:

I tend to agree somewhat with you guys in that Peter is in some ways more akin to Reed Richards than Stark. They do after all share a long history going right back to ASM #1.

If I may just reinforce one point, as someone who has spent 7 years in the film industry that photography and cinematography is very much a technical and scientific profession. ?

I'm sure it can be, but definitely not the way Peter did it, LOL. For someone who spent a large fraction of his life taking photos, he never did anything to improve his skills beyond taking rushed selfies, really. (Especially in the modern era, I think it is foolish for writers to try to have us believe that Peter could make a living of doing nothing but taking photos of Spider-Man, given the prevalence of smartphones with cameras that probably eclipse the quality of top tier cameras from 10 years ago. That's why I really don't want to see Peter as a photographer, even though I like the Daily Bugle cast)

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

I love the Daily Bugle cast too and I do agree that Peter should have a much better job than just being a photographer.

Sure he could still be shown to be tinkering with both digital and mechanical cameras by way of a hobby interest. I see no harm in occasionally showing that as a nostalgic nod and even for him to further develop his tech to aid in crime fighting.

A friendly visit to the Daily Bugle once in a while wouldn't hurt either. ?

BTW and it's not a criticism, I know a few professional photographers who have high end digital cameras and they've gone back to also use their 10/20/30 even 50+ year old film cameras because of the quality film delivers with expensive lenses.

Having said that I love my Canon 6D (captures beautiful looking stills) but I use it mainly for my videography work.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

I love the Daily Bugle cast too and I do agree that Peter should have a much better job than just being a photographer.

Sure he could still be shown to be tinkering with both digital and mechanical cameras by way of a hobby interest. I see no harm in occasionally showing that as a nostalgic nod and even for him to further develop his tech to aid in crime fighting.

A friendly visit to the Daily Bugle once in a while wouldn't hurt either. ?

BTW and it's not a criticism, I know a few professional photographers who have high end digital cameras and they've gone back to also use their 10/20/30 even 50+ year old film cameras because of the quality film delivers with expensive lenses.

Having said that I love my Canon 6D (captures beautiful looking stills) but I use it mainly for my videography work.

Yeah!

I didn't know that older cameras had better quality! That's very interesting! Thanks for the tidbit. :)

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

You're welcome! I like to think of it as another high quality format to work with, another tool in the toolbox.

Half of Hollywood films are still shot on 35mm film cameras. A lot of (A) list Directors and Cinematographers still prefer to shoot on film - Christopher Nolans' Batman trilogy used both 35mm & 70mm film stock and JJ Abrams Star Wars:The Force Awakens was shot on 35 mm film.

I've worked on shoots where we had 35mm cameras, other shoots using digital cameras.

HD digital cameras are probably still used on very low budget indie films or docos, in particular DSLRs like mine, but the real advance in digital cinema cameras are the ARRI Alexa a film-style digital motion picture camera system from Germany and the RED cameras from USA. These cameras are 4 times the resolution of HD, and come real close to matching the high quality image acquisition of the traditional 35mm format. I would love to get my hands on one of them. ? ????????

Incidentally, the Avengers films and I believe probably most of the Marvel Studio films have been shot using the ARRI Alexa.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: It's probably because a lott of peopel go on how they can't related to him unless his life is sh*t. There is no middle ground. S o marvel has a habbit of flipping back and forth between a good life and then an absolute crap one.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099:

You're welcome! I like to think of it as another high quality format to work with, another tool in the toolbox.

Half of Hollywood films are still shot on 35mm film cameras. A lot of (A) list Directors and Cinematographers still prefer to shoot on film - Christopher Nolans' Batman trilogy used both 35mm & 70mm film stock and JJ Abrams Star Wars:The Force Awakens was shot on 35 mm film.

I've worked on shoots where we had 35mm cameras, other shoots using digital cameras.

HD digital cameras are probably still used on very low budget indie films or docos, in particular DSLRs like mine, but the real advance in digital cinema cameras are the ARRI Alexa a film-style digital motion picture camera system from Germany and the RED cameras from USA. These cameras are 4 times the resolution of HD, and come real close to matching the high quality image acquisition of the traditional 35mm format. I would love to get my hands on one of them. ? ????????

Incidentally, the Avengers films and I believe probably most of the Marvel Studio films have been shot using the ARRI Alexa.

Wow, that's really cool! So the ARRI Alexas basically provide the high quality of film as well as the advantages of the latest DSLRs and stuff? And here I was thinking film cameras and stuff were way behind even smartphone cameras. Haha! I guess it goes to show how little I (and probably most people) know about fields we aren't even indirectly involved in.

@w0nd said:

@blackspidey2099: It's probably because a lott of peopel go on how they can't related to him unless his life is sh*t. There is no middle ground. S o marvel has a habbit of flipping back and forth between a good life and then an absolute crap one.

And that is what is so annoying. I mean, I have sympathy for people who aren't having such a great time in life, but their struggles should have no bearing on a comic character. That is why I hate it when people say Spider-Man is meant to be relatable, since that leads to complete bullshit like this, with people trying to drag Spidey down with them. If we just followed a logical and natural storyline for Spidey, we wold have him in a perfect place - probably an independent researcher who is wealthy enough to fund any research and Spider-Tech, but not "have my name on 47 buildings across the world" rich.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: said

If we just followed a logical and natural storyline for Spidey, we wold have him in a perfect place - probably an independent researcher who is wealthy enough to fund any research and Spider-Tech, but not "have my name on 47 buildings across the world" rich.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

That is certainly the most logical and plausible option for Spider-Man, but that would require a talented writer who can factor in plausibility and character development in the storyline. Slott does not fulfill that criteria.

47 P.I buildings across the world in the space of eight months is not logistically possible, it's just one of many things that makes Slott's terrible writing hard to digest.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: said

If we just followed a logical and natural storyline for Spidey, we wold have him in a perfect place - probably an independent researcher who is wealthy enough to fund any research and Spider-Tech, but not "have my name on 47 buildings across the world" rich.

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

That is certainly the most logical and plausible option for Spider-Man, but that would require a talented writer who can factor in plausibility and character development in the storyline. Slott does not fulfill that criteria.

47 P.I buildings across the world in the space of eight months is not logistically possible, it's just one of many things that makes Slott's terrible writing hard to digest.

Yeah. While I'm not too fond of all the wealth, I would be completely fine with it if we had got some more development before P.I. became so successful.

TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: 47 P.I buildings across the world in the space of eight months is not logistically possible, it's just one of many things that makes Slott's terrible writing hard to digest.

Yeah. While I'm not too fond of all the wealth, I would be completely fine with it if we had got some more development before P.I. became so successful.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS EXCATLY WAY I FEEL ABOUT THE WHOLE P.I. SITUATION.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.